BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm on my third Android phone since 2010. I'm not sure what "fucking around" is necessary. Mine have always worked and worked well.
View Quote
I don't really have a dog in the fight, as I said earlier, both systems work fine for me. I'm just here to watch the shitshow.

But I've always been genuinely curious as to what people mean by Android needing "constant fucking around" to work properly. I've seen it said in EVERY single thread on Apple vs Android, and of course it's always said by those who prefer Apple. I never see any examples of what they mean. What is this "constantly fucking around" that you speak of, Apple people?

All I've owned is Android phones. Never rooted any of them or anything serious. All I do is throw a different launcher on the phone (Nova Launcher) and call it good. Launchers are basically just skins of the operating system that allow more customization, and don't make a shitty phone good. So that can't be why I haven't had to "constantly fuck around" with my phones, yet they still work great.

Android and iOS are the only two mainstream cell phone operating systems for a reason. They both work wonderfully. Anyone claiming one is vastly superior or inferior to the other, either has no idea what they're talking about, or has their fanboy-ism turned to 11.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I like both OS's....currently my 6S, only way I can deal with iOS in its current state...jailbroken

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One fucking mouse button?  What the hell am I supposed to do with that?
View Quote
The only thing it doesn't do better than a regular mouse is a middle click (this coming from someone who said exactly what you did before trying the thing).
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Whatevs. Apple user from the old days. Free thinker, free market enthusiast.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#5]
My macbook pro is a dog compared to my Z-Book. But, at about 1/5th the size and weight, it's what I carry around 99% of the time.

I was mildly tempted to upgrade to the S8 from my Note 4 when Verizon had the pre-release trade-in/discount for $20/$25 a month but I won't pre-order a Samsung after the last debacle. So, at $38 a month once released, nope. Not paying that much for a phone.

Note 4 isn't half bad still but can't find a battery that isn't shitty as all hell.

I'll probably just wait until wife upgrades her 6+ to an 8 this fall and take hers.

BTW, i use a 6+ for work and it's fine. I don't use iTunes for anything anyways.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Whatever
my iPhone 5 is still going after surviving in my pocket after my truck was blown up.

when it dies I will buy a old 6s on the cheap
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#7]
My 4s has been dropped in a lake twice.  Never shut off, never hiccuped. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I think that was the case years ago but with the commoditization of phones and computers there's not as much cult behavior anymore.  Most people see them as tools to be used.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I will gladly be a sheeple then, Apple phones are simple, easy, problem free, and intuitive. I am not a nerd and don't need to jailbreak and do all sorts of weird shit with my phone.  I started with Android and didn't realize how bad it sucked till I went to Apple. Itunes sucks though, I will give you that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I've used iphones and androids and am not really a fan of either one, not much of a choice.

I do love me some android vs apple fanboy battles though so I'm in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I will gladly be a sheeple then, Apple phones are simple, easy, problem free, and intuitive. I am not a nerd and don't need to jailbreak and do all sorts of weird shit with my phone.  I started with Android and didn't realize how bad it sucked till I went to Apple. Itunes sucks though, I will give you that.
View Quote
And the charging cords that are almost too short to go up to a table from a wall outlet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#12]
My 6 year old razr is still working fine.

My wife has a dead crapple 5 in a drawer somewhere and just had to replace the battery in her two year old crapple 6.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't know much about Mac s .
This 2013 Macbook just keeps working is that good.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think that was the case years ago but with the commoditization of phones and computers there's not as much cult behavior anymore.  Most people see them as tools to be used.
View Quote
Bingo.  Those with a cult attitude are a small minority IMO.  For myself, I started buying Apple products a long time ago when there was a serious gap in quality between their computers OS and the Windows system.  Since then of course they have found ways to insidiously hook me with interconnectivity between their products and sharing of my database.  If I were to now buy a Samsung phone or Windows based computer it would not automatically sync with my current gear and database.  Sneaky bastards.

I  admit based on my limited experience  with the modern Windows and other OS systems for phones and the like the gap of 20 years ago isn't as large or if it even still exists.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Android = Google

Fuck google
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I tried almost everything before I bought my first iPhone. I've been a happy apple customer since 2012.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
One fucking mouse button?  What the hell am I supposed to do with that?
View Quote
Uh, get out of your time machine?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Apple Sheeple here.

<----

Bought my first iPhone last year when the exploding samsungs hit the news.

I'm very happy with my iPhone 6s Plus.

Will be going back to android on my next phone, which I will be in 2019, there is no way I will be paying $1000+ for an iPhone 9.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And the charging cords that are almost too short to go up to a table from a wall outlet.
View Quote
Meh...

There is 99¢ solution at Goodwill, etc or computer places like RePC (recycling and 2nd hand computers, monitors, etc.)

Get a power cord for a Mac power supply, because it can also plug into the 10w and 12w iPad chargers, once you remove the supplied two prong plug
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#20]
People who use the word "sheeple" rarely contribute anything interesting to discussions (or anything else)...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My last phone was a Google Nexus 6P.  It was a decent quality phone, not bargain basement.  Bought from Google, made for Google.  It was uncracked or modded in any way.  Within 6 month the issues started.  First it stopped charging plugged into the wall with the factory power block.  Used a different one and then it worked again just slower.  Then the supplied cable stopped working, got an aftermarket one and it worked again.  Then it wouldnt charge through the wall at all.  No problem just have to charge through the USB port.  Then the cable stopped working with the USB, had to use the really short one.  Then the wifi started dropping off all the time, but my laptop was fine on the same connection.  Then wouldnt connect at all to the wifi, had to only use mobile data all the time.  Then the charging cable had to be fucked with to get it to charge at all.  Then USB charging was intermittent.  Then updated to the newest release of whatever their horseshit OS at the time was and all hell broke loose.  Then the day before my international flight it stopped charging at all. Excellent timing.  So I start the trip with like 40% battery life, so obviously cant use it for anything because you dont know when you will have a working phone again.  It wouldnt connect to airport wifi no matter what you did.  Literally everyone in the airport has free wifi except me.  Cant coordinate with anyone meeting me in a foreign country where I have no data of course. Got to where I was going and borrowed a phone till I did my research and bought an iphone7.  Never looked back.  

If I wanted to fuck around all day to just go about my business Id buy a French car.    I dont have time for all that horse shit.   Just ridiculous.  

Forgot to mention:  Have a friend who also had the 6P and within 6 months his motherboard went out and was replaced under warranty.  Then before 1 year his speakers went out and needed to be replaced.  So of the two Nexus 6P's both had catastrophic failures within 6 months time.  So 0/2 for Google. Next.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fought Apple as long as I could.  I didnt want to go to Apple but Android forced me.  My $500 Google phone and Android OS were both piles of shit, so I sadly went to Apple.  Next time have a better product and dont be a total shithead company, Google and I wont go to Apple.  Seems simple, doesnt it?

That's the bitch of it.

I need the damn thing to work like a Box end wrench.

It's a liability to have to dick with it, when the objective is to simply turn a nut.

Android requires constant fucking with things, and options that are open ended.

Adapt or endlessly tinker.....
What are you having to constantly fuck with?
I turn my android phone on and it works.

I have heard this a couple of times and I am curious.
Serious question.
My last phone was a Google Nexus 6P.  It was a decent quality phone, not bargain basement.  Bought from Google, made for Google.  It was uncracked or modded in any way.  Within 6 month the issues started.  First it stopped charging plugged into the wall with the factory power block.  Used a different one and then it worked again just slower.  Then the supplied cable stopped working, got an aftermarket one and it worked again.  Then it wouldnt charge through the wall at all.  No problem just have to charge through the USB port.  Then the cable stopped working with the USB, had to use the really short one.  Then the wifi started dropping off all the time, but my laptop was fine on the same connection.  Then wouldnt connect at all to the wifi, had to only use mobile data all the time.  Then the charging cable had to be fucked with to get it to charge at all.  Then USB charging was intermittent.  Then updated to the newest release of whatever their horseshit OS at the time was and all hell broke loose.  Then the day before my international flight it stopped charging at all. Excellent timing.  So I start the trip with like 40% battery life, so obviously cant use it for anything because you dont know when you will have a working phone again.  It wouldnt connect to airport wifi no matter what you did.  Literally everyone in the airport has free wifi except me.  Cant coordinate with anyone meeting me in a foreign country where I have no data of course. Got to where I was going and borrowed a phone till I did my research and bought an iphone7.  Never looked back.  

If I wanted to fuck around all day to just go about my business Id buy a French car.    I dont have time for all that horse shit.   Just ridiculous.  

Forgot to mention:  Have a friend who also had the 6P and within 6 months his motherboard went out and was replaced under warranty.  Then before 1 year his speakers went out and needed to be replaced.  So of the two Nexus 6P's both had catastrophic failures within 6 months time.  So 0/2 for Google. Next.
That sucks. I have not used a nexus phone at all. Nor do I know anyone who does.

My experience is mainly with the HTC and Samsung phones. They have been flawless for me and most people I know.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't know about apple phones much but their macs sure are useless.
View Quote
Eh.  Pretty handy if you're running Logic/ProTools.  I am.  Other than that...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#24]
op is a triggered whiny liberal, typical...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I like my stuff to just work.
View Quote
Yep, still rocking a 5 from back in the day.  It works so good, I might even skip the 8...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#26]
In this thread we find the people that think device choice defines you.  Also, we find the the children of the forum.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#27]
OP is a common troll...   no more, no less.

Buy what you want but I see no reason why anyone would get their tight little panties in a wad over a fucking phone.  Be more secure in yourself and you won't need to be identifying your life by a cell phone.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I own and use both. S7 for personal and 6S for work. I will take the S7 or any android over Apple.

And i also have a group text going for the oast few years. 3 androids and 4 iphones.

The iphones are always fucked up, not getting messages, send messages out of group, etc etc.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sams club carries the best replacement cords Ive found.Pretty sure they are better than the originals.
2 pack for 20 bucks. 3ft and a 6ft.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Apple does what I need it to do, and does it well. The guys who rendered these iOS apps below haven't been able to do this for Android or Windows based tablets.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/12179/IMG-3156-197838.JPG
View Quote
No wonder I always get shot down....

Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Android = Google

Fuck google
View Quote
Pretty much nailed it.

If you like your NSA, you can keep your NSA.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apple does what I need it to do, and does it well. The guys who rendered these iOS apps below haven't been able to do this for Android or Windows based tablets.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/12179/IMG-3156-197838.JPG

I know, riiigghhhtt??

... all that and I still couldn't be bothered to pull out the TM Cougar HOTAS stick and throttle 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
People who use the word "sheeple" rarely contribute anything interesting to discussions (or anything else)...
View Quote
Second only to the word "cuck", but totally applies.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My iMac is going on 8 years with no problems.
View Quote
9 for me.  It's getting slow with the software upgrades.  I will replace it with an iMac.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe but we are happy
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#37]
OK
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top