Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well......I know what two manufactures will get no business from me or my family ever again
View Quote
Yep. Fuck 'em.  Plenty of fish in the sea that don't help gun banners.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
What i thought UBC's were just to stop people from selling to criminals?

They can use a UBC law to further regulate firearms beyond just making sure you get can't sell your machine gun to a serial killer?

Whawhawhat?!?!??!??? Who'da thunk it?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The fact that an anti gun bill might not pass the House and reach the Governor's desk isn't the point. 

Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms capitulated for a carve out and exemption to a despotic unconstitutional piece of legislation. They threw fellow Gun Owners and Americans under the bus for their thirty pieces of silver. 

The Illinois based organization that represents firearms manufacturers in the State fucked up royally. The fact that SA's CEO later came out trying to defend such action is inexcusable.

The only SA product left in my collection is a Scout Squad M1A. There will never be another product until the CEO is dismissed and there is a change of ownership/management in the company. 

Ruger and S&W of today aren't the same companies of the 90s. Until SA has the same. Not a single penny from me will go to their coffers.

I carry a Dept Issue Rock River carbine. I sure as Hell ain't buying one. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The fact that an anti gun bill might not pass the House and reach the Governor's desk the point. 

Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms capitulated for a carve out and exemption to a despotic unconstitutional piece of legislation. They threw fellow Gun Owners and Americans under the bus for their thirty pieces of silver. 

The Illinois based organization that represents firearms manufacturers in the State fucked up royally. The fact that SA's CEO later came out trying to defend such action is inexcusable.

The only SA product left in my collection is a Scout Squad M1A. There will never be another product until the CEO is dismissed and there is a change of ownership/management in the company. 

Ruger and S&W of today aren't the same companies of the 90s. Until SA has the same. Not a single penny from me will go to their coffers.

I carry a Dept Issue Rock River carbine. I sure as Hell ain't buying one. 
View Quote
I got half a dozen XD's.  Was waiting on the 10mm XDM to come out.  Stick with my G20 now. No more SA products for me!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I sure as Hell will bring this up tomorrow at NRA when I get there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I predict the murder rate in Chicago will continue to climb because of victim-disarmament laws like this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prediction: This latest "reasonable and sensible gun control measure" will have absolutely no effect on the murder rate in Shitcago whatsoever.
I predict the murder rate in Chicago will continue to climb because of victim-disarmament laws like this.
The upcoming summer temps and the color of someone's shoes and shirt will have more effect on murder rates than this bs. I'd even go so far as to say the supply of grape and orange soda in the city will matter more than this bs effort as far as violence is concerned.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't care if it dies in the House or not - they chose their side, may they suffer greatly for it.
View Quote
Ayup. They've indicated their position; whether or not it goes through is immaterial to that fact.

I had been considering an SA 1911; looks like I'm sticking with RIA.

RRA has never even been on my radar. Armalite > RRA.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, how fucking dumb can you be? Let's say this bullshit bill gets signed into law, RRA and SA could have at least appeared to have fought it and come out no worse for the wear. I'm not even talking about a real fight, just some press releases and social media posts about their opposition to it. Then their reputation is by and large unchanged and the only downside would have been the extra costs of complying with the new regulations which are still bullshit but probably a drop in the bucket to their net income.

Now in a buyers market they made the financial decision to save themselves the compliance costs but sky lined themselves with 99% of their core customer group. El...Oh...El

United Airlines: Talk about spending a dollar to save a nickel. No one will ever shoot themselves in the foot like that again.

RRA and SA: Hold our beers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#9]
As if gun bill legislation wasn't a hard enough fight in this shithole of a state... talk about a stab in the back
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck them both then.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Displeasure voiced!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I sure as Hell will bring this up tomorrow at NRA when I get there.
View Quote
Please do!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Prediction: This latest "reasonable and sensible gun control measure" will have absolutely no effect on the murder rate in Shitcago whatsoever.
View Quote
none whatsoever
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#14]
would like to see Armalite move to WI
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Why 9? Why not 10, or 7 or 5 or 12? Is there some research that says purchasing 10 firearms per year makes sensible people violent killers? Is there something in the water that makes politicians stupid? WTF?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why 9? Why not 10, or 7 or 5 or 12? Is there some research that says purchasing 10 firearms per year makes sensible people violent killers? Is there something in the water that makes politicians stupid? WTF?
View Quote
There's Something About Mary - 7 minute abs
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I own a Stainless NM 45 and 9mm 1911.
And a overrated NM m1a.  

Now I feeels dirty like a whore with a rubber hanging out of it's ass and a $5 bill in it's brazier.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Just like Leatherman both these companies will not receive another dime from me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sickened
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#20]
This irritates me.

Mr. Reese----step down now.

The XD-E is an ugly gun.
I won't be buying a Saint now.
My first pistol was an XD9.  My first 308 was a Loaded M1A.  My first 1911 was a TRP.

I'm done.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
would like to see Armalite move to WI IN  
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just like Leatherman both these companies will not receive another dime from me.
View Quote
Me too!I wish it was a little easier for me to pack up and split....
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Disconcerting. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ayup. They've indicated their position; whether or not it goes through is immaterial to that fact.

View Quote
RIA used to be owned by the same family as Springfield Armory. They sold it to Armscor in 2009.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Just talked to the owner of RRA.

HE UNEQUIVOCABLY STATED THAT THEY OPPOSE THIS BILL.

Seems like there is some other behind the scenes BS happening with some people that I won't go into. Chuck RRA owner said that he will be publishing the companies position and clarification soon.

At this point I think we are only getting half the story. .
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Seems like there is some other behind the scenes BS happening with some people that I won't go into. Chuck RRA owner said that he will be publishing the companies position and clarification soon.

View Quote
TAG!

and thank you for contacting him!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I own several SACS guns.

Will write them a polite letter that I'm not buying any of their stuff anymore.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Shall I say it.....

"Unintended consequences."

Like with the NRA in the Clinton days.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't trust that Truth About Guns blog site.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Remind me again......about compromise.....

Why I hate Bill Ruger.

Why I don't respect COLT Firearms.

Probably...there is more out there.  Not to mention, plenty of politicians.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Very curious to hear the whole story on this...
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#32]
They should have moved out of state.  Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#33]
File this under " how to let your lawyers talk you into killing your business"
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.  Tag
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn... I live in Illinois AND own RRA and SA...
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#36]
The way things stand now, my fingers will never touch the "corporate sell-out zone" of another new Springfield product again.  And I was a big XD45 fan as well.

I hope their CEO comes to his senses at least pretends to support the 2nd amendment.  His statement was pretty weak.

I really like this response (I didn't write it)

Dear Dennis Reese,

The issue, as you say in your statement, might be complex and fluid, but then again, maybe it is not. Your company exists because of your customers, and it is foolish of you to have even the appearance of acting against their interests for your own seemingly selfish purposes.

If what you say is true, and I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it perhaps may be, your statement does absolutely nothing at all to ensure your customer base that you’re not attempting to subvert the power of the state for your own rent-seeking interests. Especially in this day and age, businesses of all kinds have essentially the pick of where they choose to locate themselves, and your lack of even mentioning this shows what your true motivations are.

At the end of the day, it would appear that you’ve chosen to side with legislation that has absolutely no apparent public benefit combined with erecting artificial barriers for your smaller competitors. I’m not sure how you refer to it, but from my view it sure looks like you’ve decided that your bottom line is worth sacrificing your principles for.

I have absolutely zero respect or tolerance for those who would use the power of the state to ensure an unfair advantage for themselves in business.

Again, I’m willing to accept that this may be more complex than it appears, but your statement does abosutely nothing to dissuade this fear, and in fact seems to indicate the opposite.

Good luck with your attempt to unfairly eliminate your competition – you won’t get one single red cent from me to help you out, and I’ll make sure to tell every firearm enthusiast I know about your decision.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, I will wait until both Springfield and RRA has time to respond before I pass judgment.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Springfield Armory 800 680-6866 or  309 944-5631

Rock River 866 980-7625 or 309 792-5780

Please call, even if you live in a free State, and let them know you on object to their shenanigans.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Time to boycott Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms like we did S&W?
View Quote

I already do.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#40]
This smells a lot like the Illinois equivalent of Iowa Gun Owners.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Well shit...now what?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well shit...now what?
View Quote
Purchases on hold with these companies until further notice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
RIA used to be owned by the same family as Springfield Armory. They sold it to Armscor in 2009.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rock Island Armory and Rock River Arms are two completely different companies. RIA was never American owned. It has always been a Filipino company. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a couple RRA AR's - like them, but no more bidness from me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#46]
At least IL gun-owners won't have to worry about wearing their FOID FAIL card out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
But this is the internet and I DEMAND TO BE OUTRAGED over incomplete information.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Reply I received on the Illinois forum.

"I copied this from our IllinoisCarry alert this morning...
Mike

Yesterday was a shocking and disappointing day on several levels. The first shock occurred in committee when the Illinois Firearms Manufacturing Assoc. dropped their opposition to Sen. Harmon's Gun Dealer Licensing bill. In essence, the IFMA threw their customer base and Illinois firearm owners to the wolves. In their own self-interest in being exempted from the outrageous restrictions in the bill, the manufacturers who make up the IFMA bailed on the very dealers who sell their firearms and the gun owners who buy them.
Contact these manufacturers TODAY and let them know if this bill passes in the House, not a single product of theirs will ever be purchased in Illinois again!
Springfield Armory
(309) 944-5631
Rock River Arms
(309) 792-578 "

Whats incomplete Ameshawki?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Okay, I just spoke to a very nice lady at Springfield Armory, and she said everybody was traveling back from the NRA show. But that they would have a statement forthcoming soon and reading between the lines of what she was saying, it sounds like they know they've stepped in it and they will reverse the position. Whether I'm right about that or not remains to be seen.

The lady at Rock River was a little more terse and said that everybody had their facts wrong. I don't personally believe that, looking at what I'm seeing in the Illinois Hometown Forum. She said they will be releasing a statement clarifying their position.

Please keep up the pressure we need to make your voices heard.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top