Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That's nothing but trolling for clicks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol ..... In the current realm of fast street cars and racing in general the dodge demon isn't that fast or powerful ....

At TX2k this year there had to be like 500+ cars running around all making between 1000-2500whp ..... Several running 7s in the 1/4 mile

UGRs Lambos, all sorts of Nissan GTRs, Vettes, Supras, Mustangs etc etc

My point is there are tons of cars running around substantially faster and more powerful than the dodge demon

Dodge did some awesome marketing
View Quote
tell me which one of those cars attending TX2k did so off the showroom floor with a factory warranty

im not saying its the baddest bitch in the parking lot,   im just saying for a factory car its pretty nasty
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
 Nobody needs  wide caliber assault tires to drive to the grocery store.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
If they ever announced they are banning north of X cars from the road....you can bet I will open the flood gates of every resource I have to go from 550 hp to 1k+ lol JUST to say fuck you lol.

I am willing to bet I am not the only one

(Was hoping to jump to 675 next year and a little more every couple but life GRRRRR lol)  

Year after I'll have to start making those mods hehe.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I see the pussy Prius/Hyundai/VW driver editor chose not to publish his/her name.

Such a dumb article.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That said,  stability and traction control have made it possible for the "common folk" to drive the modern high performance vehicles.
View Quote
  In reality, it's CHEAP CHINESE Turbochargers on Ebay that allow the common folk to  drive around 700 horsepower beaters.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Demon wisely comes with one free full day of performance driving school.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would still recommend to people who want to buy a performance car to take an advanced driving course.  Same as firearms a person who is trained how to use the machine is better off than the person who just dives in knowing nothing.  I lost a good friend of mine who thought he knew how to drive a car that had 345hp and one rainy day he went into a skid not knowing how to correct by steering into the skid slide into a bridge barrier and ended up 50ft below the bridge.  Instead of steering the skid he hit the brakes because I honestly think he did not know any better instead of staying with it and steering into the skid.  Most people who buy these cars have no clue how to handle them and first thing they do is turn off traction control and go pretend they are Michael Schumacher and end up fucking up their car and someone else's car in the process.  Youtube is full of these dumbasses who cannot even control a car doing a burn out.
The Demon wisely comes with one free full day of performance driving school.
Hopefully it's called "Sideways burnouts in public and you"

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This isn't an F150 so I don't care about its existence
View Quote
Thats a pretty sad existence.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
At the same time, the orange colored cheese flavored snacks Cheetos from Frito Lay is so inherently dangerous to the common safety of vending machine snacks that its registration as a sellable vending machine food should be banned.We don't reach this conclusion lightly. There are more orange, and even weirder shaped, snacks available from other snack food makers that are rightly street legal.But just as Chipotle is wrong to use consumers and the bathrooms to beta-test its toilet paper technologies, Frito Lay is wrong to offer a purpose-built chip-like snack as a mouth-legal enjoyment.From its barely legal foil bag technology to its monstrous head on one end, the Cheetos introduced while watching Matlock this month is the result of a sequence of misguided corporate choices that places bragging rights ahead of public safety.Laudably, the entire industry has made great strides toward improved health conscious choices in recent years, even as it dials up performance capabilities. But with the Cheeto, Frito Lay spits on that goal and irresponsibly moves in the opposite direction, knowingly placing fatties like me in danger in the process.Oddly enough, for a chip designed to be a purpose-built glowing orange dust holder, the Cheeto has already been banned from regulated schools by that school's sanctioning body, the National Anti-Child Association, allegedly for being "too fattening."These Cheetos may comply sufficiently with the letter of the USDA Safety Standards to legally be registered for gluttonous consumption, but in its current form it certainly doesn't fulfill the spirit of those standards.To borrow a phrase from Bones McCoy, Damn it, Jim, I’m a proctologist, not a gynecologist.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I was the Dodge marketing department I would pay people to write editorials like this.
View Quote
this.

Didn't want one.

Now want one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A nice editorial bit from autonews...:

"The 840-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Demon from Fiat Chrysler is so inherently dangerous to the common safety of motorists that its registration as a road-worthy automobile should be banned."

"From its barely legal slick tires to its monstrous acceleration, the Challenger Demon introduced in New York this month is the result of a sequence of misguided corporate choices that places bragging rights ahead of public safety."

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170424/OEM06/304249979/

So many levels of wrong. If only they realized how many people are driving around on bald tires or bad brakes.
View Quote

They just sold the ENTIRE production quota for the next two years with that one editorial.....

And I still think Dodge makes shitty products.... case in point my Charger Blacktop edition.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#13]

It's scary, ban it. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ban it for the children
View Quote
Dude just made the same anti-gun argument we've been hearing for years
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Roads will be plenty safe, most will be up on blocks waiting for non existent parts to come in.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#16]
They should be banned outright...
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No one needs a Dodge with a 30-round Challenger and a Demon shroud.
View Quote
With a hemi thing that goes up!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#18]
liberals hate it? Well now I am intrigued.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
'Why does anyone need a car that powerful?!'  
View Quote
Why does anyone 'need' guns. It's not about need, it's about want.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#20]
We have become a nation of cunts.

Cunt Nation. That's us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If I was the Dodge marketing department I would pay people to write editorials like this.
View Quote
Absolutely.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#22]
High Capacity engine blocks
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lol ..... In the current realm of fast street cars and racing in general the dodge demon isn't that fast or powerful ....

At TX2k this year there had to be like 500+ cars running around all making between 1000-2500whp ..... Several running 7s in the 1/4 mile

UGRs Lambos, all sorts of Nissan GTRs, Vettes, Supras, Mustangs etc etc

My point is there are tons of cars running around substantially faster and more powerful than the dodge demon

Dodge did some awesome marketing
View Quote
Traditionally most owners of high performance cars work their way up the food chain to get to those power numbers.

Most problems arise when people without experience get behind the wheel.

We have seen this with many Hellcat crashes right after rolling off the dealers lots.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I once saw a viper and an m5 pass me on the highway doing 150 plus then I passed them a couple miles later twisted together in the median in an indistinguishable mess.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

tell me which one of those cars attending TX2k did so off the showroom floor with a factory warranty

im not saying its the baddest bitch in the parking lot,   im just saying for a factory car its pretty nasty
View Quote
For a FACTORY car yes its nasty .... But its like people don't realize there are tons of cars running around far quicker than the Demon .... It looks like a sweet car and I have nothing bad to say about it
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Traditionally most owners of high performance cars work their way up the food chain to get to those power numbers.

Most problems arise when people without experience get behind the wheel.

We have seen this with many Hellcat crashes right after rolling off the dealers lots.
View Quote
I can agree with this .... Some guy thats never owned a powerful car just goes and buys a Demon that could be a mix for disaster
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I would still recommend to people who want to buy a performance car to take an advanced driving course.  Same as firearms a person who is trained how to use the machine is better off than the person who just dives in knowing nothing.  I lost a good friend of mine who thought he knew how to drive a car that had 345hp and one rainy day he went into a skid not knowing how to correct by steering into the skid slide into a bridge barrier and ended up 50ft below the bridge.  Instead of steering the skid he hit the brakes because I honestly think he did not know any better instead of staying with it and steering into the skid.  Most people who buy these cars have no clue how to handle them and first thing they do is turn off traction control and go pretend they are Michael Schumacher and end up fucking up their car and someone else's car in the process.  Youtube is full of these dumbasses who cannot even control a car doing a burn out.
View Quote
Freedom sucks huh.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#29]
What a dumb article.   The typical dodge owner is much more of a hazard when they move the new double wide down the highway.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That will sell a lotta cars
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Notice the lack of Tesla in these comparisons. Ludicrous mode. fine, only for the elite. It's sanctioned, like unlimited firearms for Michael Moore's security. Also, Al Gore can have a private jet, 9,000 square ft house, and YOU don't care about the children, since you grill with charcoal.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My wife's Dodge minivan just now. Her second. The last had about 150k when she got hit.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/mailbcw/Screenshot_2017-04-25-18-55-27.png
View Quote
See, that is the thing.  I have racked up a million miles on Dodges, yet come here and have a dilettante that has been driving just barely long enough to get in a crash with his first Prius, tell me that all Dodges are shit.  I can't wait for the rifle advice.  I am sure marital advice is right around the corner as well.

Happy fucking birthday! 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Well it's already banned from the track in its stock form so yeah why not
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You need an NHRA license to race a car that is under 10 seconds in the quarter.  But it's not "banned" as the liar in the article claimed.
View Quote
In stock form it is. It's time on the track requires a roll cage. Why Dodge went as far as they did and not add the cage doesn't really make sense
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
See, that is the thing.  I have racked up a million miles on Dodges, yet come here and have a dilettante that has been driving just barely long enough to get in a crash with his first Prius, tell me that all Dodges are shit.  I can't wait for the rifle advice.  I am sure marital advice is right around the corner as well.

Happy fucking birthday! 
View Quote
Within our company, which I am part owner of,
We have owned 3 Dodge Ram 1500's and 2500's and a 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT which we still currently own.

All 3 Ram trucks 2005, 2008, and 2009 have been trouble from the very start with check engine lights, electrical problems including the complete replacement of the fuse box and main harness, 2 rear differentials breaking (known Dodge issue), TPMS sensor breakage.

The SRT in less than 50,000 miles has had the rear differential and drive shaft replaced, the power steering pump and steering rack replaced. The front Radar for the cruise control replaced.

Our Mercedes Sprinters which replaced the Rams have had no issues so far and my 2008 Ford F-250 which I sold yesterday only needed a battery and an alternator in 120,000 miles.

I would like to say I'll never buy another Dodge, Chrysler product for the rest of my life but I still would like a Jeep one day.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My wife's Dodge minivan just now. Her second. The last had about 150k when she got hit.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/mailbcw/Screenshot_2017-04-25-18-55-27.png
View Quote
Sell it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#38]
You know who had HP limits on cars? The same people that bombed Pearl Harbor! Why does the author hate America?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#39]
If I owned one of those, I'd be dead within a month and it would be reduced to a smoldering pile of twisted rubble.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yup.  No reason at all a 2017 Grand Caravan should be throwing CELs.

I'd rather drive a stripped Cavalier than a Dodge.
View Quote
Grand Caravans and Cavaliers are absolutely comparable to a performance muscle car.

LOL
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I once saw a viper and an m5 pass me on the highway doing 150 plus then I passed them a couple miles later twisted together in the median in an indistinguishable mess.
View Quote
If only there hadnt been so much free will...and that damned liberty shit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cool crash man!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#43]
This country has a severe pussy infestation problem.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
"You don't need 800 HP to hit a deer."
View Quote
Well played.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A nice editorial bit from autonews...:

"The 840-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Demon from Fiat Chrysler is so inherently dangerous to the common safety of motorists that its registration as a road-worthy automobile should be banned."

"From its barely legal slick tires to its monstrous acceleration, the Challenger Demon introduced in New York this month is the result of a sequence of misguided corporate choices that places bragging rights ahead of public safety."

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170424/OEM06/304249979/

So many levels of wrong. If only they realized how many people are driving around on bald tires or bad brakes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Another editorial from that site...

This won’t be a popular stance, and people will be angry and disagree, but here goes: For FCA [Fiat Chrysler Automobiles] to build a car like this, one that can be legally driven off the dealer’s lot, is nothing short of irresponsible. It’s an act of desperation by a company whose cars are getting really old. Consider that the Challenger itself is 8 years old, and the platform it rides on is from well into the last century.

I grew up in an era when more horsepower was always better. General Motors’ 455-cubic-inch performance V-8s from the early ’70s, Chrysler’s 426 Hemi and Ford’s 427, 428 and 429 V-8s were highly coveted. Before increasingly strict emissions standards choked off power and expensive gasoline dried up buyers’ thirst for more, the highest horsepower engines topped out at a sane and manageable 425 or so.

FCA says there are no special requirements — no training at the dealership, no mandatory racing-school attendance — needed to buy a Challenger SRT Demon. Anyone can show up at the dealership with the money and drive it home. That is also irresponsible.

You may email Staff Reporter Richard Truett at [email protected].
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I would like to get a red one.  And name it 'Christine'.  A demon with random electrical problems from the factory instead of the original that was the result of choking on a hamburger and a suicide.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That's the same thing they said about this one when it was revealed that the track version could do 200mph and there for the "Street version" had the same potential.  Couldn't get them insured so they just sat on the showroom.  Dodge got smart this time around and arranged "special" insurance coverage through Hagerty as they envisioned this exact response.  

http://www.topcarrating.com/dodge/1969-dodge-charger-daytona-5.jpg
View Quote
Odd, in the mid 70s, a kid in my high school drove one of those to school every day. His dad bought it for him.

eta: It was a superbird I'm not sure what was different from the Daytona.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My first street bike, the one I took my motorcycle license test on, was a CB1100F.  You don't HAVE to go 187mph all the time.
View Quote
A good friend of mine had one of those as his second bike, it was after a few years went by that someone pointed out he was pulling wheelies every time he upshifted in the lower gears
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Freedom sucks huh.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom sucks huh.
I guess your definition of 'recommend' differs from everyone else's.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top