Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are sexually attracted to children, there is something wrong with you, period, end of story.

Doesn't matter if you've acted on it or not.

If you have acted on it, you need a bullet in your brain.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate people who hurt children.

If I ever were to lose it and just rip somebody to pieces with my bare hands, it would probably be a pedophile.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Assaulting those you find annoying is not a disorder.  It is, in fact, quite natural.  Anyone who has raised children knows this.  It is the norms of society that keeps these hobbesian impulses repressed.

It is only from your comfort of an unnatural society that you think this behavior abnormal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just argued for the opposite of what you think you did lol.

You're arguing that you do in fact have a mental disorder because you have the desire to assault someone, and if you try to say it's not a mental disorder then that's normalizing it. Just like pedophiles.
Assaulting those you find annoying is not a disorder.  It is, in fact, quite natural.  Anyone who has raised children knows this.  It is the norms of society that keeps these hobbesian impulses repressed.

It is only from your comfort of an unnatural society that you think this behavior abnormal.
In that case your first post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Our time on this planet is almost over.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
At what age, morally, can a person consent to sex?

Don't think legally, but morally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.

when conservatives pointed out, correctly, that after gay marriage the normalization of pedophilia was the next "civil rights" issue, the libertarians on here almost all mocked and said thats nonsense.
It is nonsense.  No one, outside of a handful of whackjobs, is defending pedophilia.   Or normalizing it.   Or trying to change anyone's attitude about it.

Gay marriage is an issue between consenting adults.   Pedophilia involves sex with children.  Children, who by definition, cannot give consent to acts they aren't mature enough to understand.   They're not even remotely the same issue.   One does not logically follow the other because the one doesn't have anything to do with the other.     Unless you assume that homosexual is synonymous with pedophile.   Which I don't.

Good question, and hard to pin down isn't it? I think we would ALL agree- conservatives, liberals, and libertarians alike that a pre-pubescent child cannot consent. With that agreed upon (except for a small crazy minority) the question is what age? Well, I think most would say "better safe than sorry" and you can't vote until you're 18 so let's just go with that, with the exception of like 16+ and a >2 year differential like some states have. Makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Good thing pedophilia isn't mainstream anywhere else in the world. Especially in a huge religious group.

Oh wait, Islam.

But sure, never here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Every single last homosexual man would do children if he thought he could get away with it.  The aim of the homosexual agenda has always been to legalize sex with children.  This is another step towards that goal.
View Quote
This is probably the dumbest fucking thing I've read all week on the site...and that's saying something.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would love for someone to show me someone who wants to have sex with children that has never acted on those desires in any way.

Because I have yet to see one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I kind of agree with their assumption but technically they are not a pedophiles if they have never acted on those desires in anyway. Although that thought process should not be considered normal.
I would love for someone to show me someone who wants to have sex with children that has never acted on those desires in any way.

Because I have yet to see one.
Agreed. If they so much as peek at a website they have promoted, paid for, or enabled someone else to harm a child.

But they would never ever succumb to that temptation, right?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, I know... Sounds weird, over-the-top, and completely insane, don't it?

Now, go read up on NAMBLA, look at their published strategies, and then still tell me he's nuts. This has actually been written and discussed about in the pedophile "community" as a means to their ends. There is enough actual evidence there that you can't completely dismiss and discredit these types when they come out of the woodwork, and the sad fact is, the gay community has done this to themselves by their near-complete refusal to so much as criticize the loons like NAMBLA.

There's going to be a comeuppance for the entire gay and lesbian community, one day, and the relatively sane ones who are not on the fringes are going to be the innocent victims of the real loons pushing the rest of society into dealing with their bullshit in an emphatic way. The pendulum swings, and when you push it so far away from center, it just comes back the other direction harder, faster, and a lot further. You got the "Victorian repression of sexuality" in large part due to the immediately preceding period of "Georgian and Regency licentiousness". Same thing will happen again, only this next time? I think it's going to be ugly as fuck; care to guess what sort of nuttiness those kids who get permissively sexually abused will come up with, to "punish their abusers"?

I don't. But, they'll have their revenge, one way or another.
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And every heterosexual man would do little girls if he could get away with it, right?
View Quote
Oh now you've done it!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There are people right now putting pre-pubescent children on a regimen of life-altering drugs on the theory that they are "transgendered"

I don't think we ALL would agree. Not even close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good question, and hard to pin down isn't it? I think we would ALL agree- conservatives, liberals, and libertarians alike that a pre-pubescent child cannot consent.

There are people right now putting pre-pubescent children on a regimen of life-altering drugs on the theory that they are "transgendered"

I don't think we ALL would agree. Not even close.
You cut out the "except for a few crazies" part. Yeah, there's some real weirdos that do this. Don't try for a second to say it's common or accepted though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A bunch of experts in an increasingly scientific field have made a collective decision to differentiate between state of mind and intent. Hardly worth declaring the pedo-apocalypse over...

ETA: inb4 "pedo lover". I'm just saying that crying foul over a technical distinction in a diagnostic manual is very alarmist.
View Quote
In this thread we see which posters fail to understand Incrementalism
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It is nonsense.  No one, outside of a handful of whackjobs, is defending pedophilia.   Or normalizing it.   Or trying to change anyone's attitude about it.

Gay marriage is an issue between consenting adults.   Pedophilia involves sex with children.  Children, who by definition, cannot give consent to acts they aren't mature enough to understand.   They're not even remotely the same issue.   One does not logically follow the other because the one doesn't have anything to do with the other.     Unless you assume that homosexual is synonymous with pedophile.   Which I don't.
View Quote
why cant more people think like you do.

i will say this though, it is a handful of powerful/rich whackjobs
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Every single last homosexual man would do children if he thought he could get away with it.  The aim of the homosexual agenda has always been to legalize sex with children.  This is another step towards that goal.
View Quote
Let me go ask my gay friends if they'd prefer little children over men their age who have steady jobs, houses, and nice cars, and can go hit up the bars with them on the weekends.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It will happen in stages.

1. Next will come the "CP is actually good because it is a release valve, so mere possession of CP should be decriminalized." 
2. Then it will be "We need to remove the laws prosecuting people from going overseas for underage sex, because different societies differ on how they treat age of consent, and we shouldn't be imperialist."
4. Then it will be "We need to let the parents decide, because it might be rational for a disadvantaged person to approve of pedo sex if their local culture permits it."  

And if we haven't hung the bastards from lamp posts by that point, you don't want to know what comes next.  
View Quote
We also find out who DOES understand Incrementalism!  Well put
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

In that case your first post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.
View Quote
Of course it does. Societies exist to imlose rules for the collective safety and security of its citizens. It is its only legitimate purpose. Laws against pedophilia impose an artificial morality based upon moralistic determinations.  They are literally the imposition of other peoples morals by force. Only now you agree with them so its cool
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Join date, post count, California, and double letters at the end of username
how much are they paying you to make us look bad shill?

ETA beat,
on every single point
goddammit
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Of course it does. Societies exist to imlose rules for the collective safety and security of its citizens. It is its only legitimate purpose. Laws against pedophilia impose an artificial morality based upon moralistic determinations.  They are literally the imposition of other peoples morals by force. Only now you agree with them so its cool
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which still has nothing to do with your first post.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I actually wonder if some of the people who commented read the article or just took the OP word for the "evil left trying to let pedo's rape their children". I guess psychology and scientific study are leftist tools of the devil.

But look at it this way once pedophilia becomes normalized then maybe sexual harassment wont be so faux pas and the "right" can get Bill O'reilly back on the air
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A bunch of experts in an increasingly scientific field have made a collective decision to differentiate between state of mind and intent. Hardly worth declaring the pedo-apocalypse over...

ETA: inb4 "pedo lover". I'm just saying that crying foul over a technical distinction in a diagnostic manual is very alarmist.
I actually wonder if some of the people who commented read the article or just took the OP word for the "evil left trying to let pedo's rape their children". I guess psychology and scientific study are leftist tools of the devil.

But look at it this way once pedophilia becomes normalized then maybe sexual harassment wont be so faux pas and the "right" can get Bill O'reilly back on the air
So in your mind, because science and psychology, pedophilia is no big thing and should be normalized?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Good question, and hard to pin down isn't it? I think we would ALL agree- conservatives, liberals, and libertarians alike that a pre-pubescent child cannot consent. With that agreed upon (except for a small crazy minority) the question is what age? Well, I think most would say "better safe than sorry" and you can't vote until you're 18 so let's just go with that, with the exception of like 16+ and a >2 year differential like some states have. Makes sense to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.

when conservatives pointed out, correctly, that after gay marriage the normalization of pedophilia was the next "civil rights" issue, the libertarians on here almost all mocked and said thats nonsense.

This is the problem.

You have groups pushing to allow children to make choices about their bodies (abortion, gender change etc) before 18.  

Why is it any different that these same, or similar groups wouldn't be pushing to lower the age of consent?

(I do find it fucking ironic that the legal smoking age is 18 - 20, and the legal drinking age is 21. But that is a topic for another time)
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And every heterosexual man would do little girls if he could get away with it, right?
View Quote
I bet a lot of them would. There's some sick people out there. Just look at Islam. I also do not think all homosexual men prefer boys.

Some really do like the same sex as adults. How can I or anyone cast a stone at them when we have our own issues and major faults. Some of the biggest Predators I've ever seen come from the Church.

Regardless what adults do in the bedroom is their choice and none of anyone's business what they do. If they're not picking from your pockets then stfu. Government should be out of marriage in the first place.

This is coming from someone who believes Christ is the lord and savior.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
careful this is arfcom you'll be burned at the stake for such talk

didn't spartans enjoy boy love, we know how much arfcom idiolizes sparta, molon labe i'm i right  

edit: wow i'm in, your comment created much feelz already, kind of goes along with the normalization theory

i'd say you're right on the mark @HenrySS except not so much children as very young pubescent boys (still legally children) makes me want to vomit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
careful this is arfcom you'll be burned at the stake for such talk

didn't spartans enjoy boy love, we know how much arfcom idiolizes sparta, molon labe i'm i right  

edit: wow i'm in, your comment created much feelz already, kind of goes along with the normalization theory

i'd say you're right on the mark @HenrySS except not so much children as very young pubescent boys (still legally children) makes me want to vomit

This place is being over run by lunatics.  

Usual suspects right?
Pathetic right?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's only a matter of time before everyone accepts it.

At one point, being gay was completely unacceptable, now no one has a problem with it, in fact, if you have a problem with it, then society has a problem with you.

It is only a matter of time until you're a racist, sexist, bigot because you don't allow your kid to date a 40 year old man.
View Quote
No.  Not everyone will accept it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#27]
The difference with the normalization of homosexuality, and why it won't happen the same way with pedophilia, is that there is demonstrable harm from pedophilia and legitimate concerns why it should not be allowed. The only argument against homosexuality is that God says it's icky. As time goes on people might not let on ancient book dictate how they and others should live their lives, but the physical and mental harm of sexual contact is something that isn't just going to go away. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Saw this coming years ago as homosexuality was gradually accepted, if you approve of homosexuality you have to approve of pedophilia, beasteilety, and other perverted behavior.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The difference with the normalization of homosexuality, and why it won't happen the same way with pedophilia, is that there is demonstrable harm from pedophilia and legitimate concerns why it should not be allowed. The only argument against homosexuality is that God says it's icky. As time goes on people might not let on ancient book dictate how they and others should live their lives, but the physical and mental harm of sexual contact is something that isn't just going to go away. 
View Quote
Cite?  And when scientists say it isnt bad then Naturally you will be ok with it?  We are after all guided by science and not bible.thumping morality.   No fucking theocracy is america amirite?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Aaaaaannnndddd we went there.......
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Cite?  And when scientists say it isnt bad then Naturally you will be ok with it?  We are after all guided by science and not bible.thumping morality.   No fucking theocracy is america amirite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you asking for a cite that children who are molested are damaged from it?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

At least now I know what you really think of me.

You're mistaken, but at least you're being honest in your mistakes.  

All I can really say is "No, I won't.  Here's why."   Which is what I've done.

You can either believe me when I say that my opinion of pedophilia won't change in 10 years.  

Or you can disbelieve me, because Barack Obama's opinion about something changed from 2008 to present.

You tell me which is more reasonable.   Or better yet, tell yourself.  I think I've heard enough from a cola "bro" for one week.  
View Quote
Its intellectually consistent.

Age of consent laws are simply an arbitrary moral judgement.

We now have, thanks to 5 SCOTUS judges, a constitutional right to "dignity"  It will take a few years, but there will be "settled science" proving that pedophilia isn't harmful to children and there will be a push for a case that the SCOTUS will rule upon.

Once you deny the right of the people to set moral standards for their community, you must accept the inevitable decent into immorality.  After all, morality is simply the tyranny of theocracy.

Whether you agree or not with the theocrats doesn't matter anymore.  Just a few activist judges will set the morality for our nation.

as a libertarian, you either accept this reality or you reject libertarianism.  There is no "little bit pregnant" here.

You want to impose your morality on others "for the children" suddenly?

Don't be upset because I have exposed the inevitable end state of the libertarian philosophy.  its why I rejected libertarianism in my early 20s.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes.

And if I provide a cite saying its harmless, then we must agree to let freedom ring, amirite?

Or are you going to impose your morality "for the children?"

statist.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh, NOW I'm in
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
For all those claiming this won't happen because kids can't consent, just look at the current push to legitimize kids being able to consent or have the ability to choose their own gender.
View Quote
100% Agree!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Saw this coming years ago as homosexuality was gradually accepted, if you approve of homosexuality you have to approve of pedophilia, beasteilety, and other perverted behavior.
View Quote
Watch out Henry, a contender for "dumbest post in this thread" has stepped up to the plate
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yes.

And if I provide a cite saying its harmless, then we must agree to let freedom ring, amirite?

statist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

statist.
The only people that think it's harmless are a few psychos. There are literally hundreds of studies, and thousands of experts telling us what we already know: sexual abuse of children is damaging. If you want a cite, you can google it yourself because your assertion is so fucking stupid I'm not going to waste time citing it. We both know what I'll find.

The only thing this has to do with morality is the simple belief that hurting others is wrong. Simple. Child molestation hurts, it's wrong, it should be illegal. The view of libertarians is simple: if you do something that victimizes someone, it should be a crime (child molestation) if there isn't a victim, there isn't a crime (homosexuality). It's not that hard to grasp, however somehow I think you will fail to grasp it anyway and come back with a nonsensical "statist" quip.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Its intellectually consistent.

Age of consent laws are simply an arbitrary moral judgement.

We now have, thanks to 5 SCOTUS judges, a constitutional right to "dignity"  It will take a few years, but there will be "settled science" proving that pedophilia isn't harmful to children and there will be a push for a case that the SCOTUS will rule upon.

Once you deny the right of the people to set moral standards for their community, you must accept the inevitable decent into immorality.  After all, morality is simply the tyranny of theocracy.

Whether you agree or not with the theocrats doesn't matter anymore.  Just a few activist judges will set the morality for our nation.

as a libertarian, you either accept this reality or you reject libertarianism.  There is no "little bit pregnant" here.

You want to impose your morality on others "for the children" suddenly?

Don't be upset because I have exposed the inevitable end state of the libertarian philosophy.  its why I rejected libertarianism in my early 20s.
View Quote
Saying my opinion about pedophilia must change in 10 years because Barack Obama changed his mind about something isn't consistent with anything but you, repeating a conclusion to yourself you came to 20 years ago and have since refused to reconsider, no matter what.

My opinion on what is and is not moral has nothing to do with what the majority thinks about morality.

You don't need to make a bunch of assumptions about what I "must accept" based on what you assume I believe.   I'll tell you straight out what my moral code is on the subject.  Hell, I already did.

Sex with children is wrong because it forces children into an act with enormous life consequences they don't have the mental wherewithal to consent to.  

That's my moral code.  But by all means, how much would you like to bet me that I'm going to support pedophilia in 10 years because of some boxed in philosophy you assume I ascribe to that fits neatly within the definitions you've imagined for it?   How's $10,000 sound?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#39]
your opinion on the morality or righteousness of a behavior must be subordinate to the unwavering principle of maximum individual freedom.

Or have we finally crossed a line of immorality where the principle of freedom must be subjugated for the sake of the "children"?

Why do you hate love?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
your opinion on the morality or righteousness of a behavior must be subordinate to the unwavering principle of maximum individual freedom.

Or have we finally crossed a line of immorality where the principle of freedom must be subjugated for the sake of the "children"?

Why do you hate love?
View Quote
And why do you respond with this silliness instead of actually discussing the topic at hand? Oh, right, it's because your argument is weak.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#41]
NAMBLA in the house?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not going to quote psychology journals for a statement we both know is true. My point is there is actual scientific evidence to support age restrictions on sex. Restrictions on homosexuality is purely based on religion, and that is a significantly lower societal hurdle to overcome. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Think whatever sick shit you want to think.

Touch my kid and you die.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Homosexuality was a mental disorder until the 60s. Transgenderism until quite recently. And global.warming is settled science.  Science will adjust as required by politics as it always has. The entire muslim world.practices pedophilia. Where is this irreperable harm you speak of?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Homosexuality was a mental disorder until the 60s. Transgenderism until quite recently. And global.warming is settled science.  Science will adjust as required by politics as it always has. The entire muslim world.practices pedophilia. Where is this irreperable harm you speak of?
View Quote
Google it. There's studies. Or you don't believe science?

You know, I'm fairly certain you're a pretty smart dude. I gotta say though, you hide it REAL well sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I kind of agree with their assumption but technically they are not a pedophiles if they have never acted on those desires in anyway. Although that thought process should not be considered normal.
View Quote
   If they wack off looking at the Sear's childrens' bathing suit ads, they are a pedophile.   That's enough acting on it for my standard.   It only grows worse from there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Let get this right.

So by saying pedophilia is a mental illness, you're saying that pedophilia is becoming normal?  Despite the fact that mental illness is abnormal.

Wouldn't it NOT being a mental illness make it more normal?

I'm not entirely sure I understand the outrage over this distinction.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
   If they wack off looking at the Sear's childrens' bathing suit ads, they are a pedophile.   That's enough acting on it for my standard.   It only grows worse from there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being attracted to children at all is pedophilia- which the link in the OP agrees with. The only thing the link says is that it's not a mental disorder unless they act on it...
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
How the fuck is this troll still here?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Uuhhmmm...
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top