BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
NO
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#2]
apparently everyone else can have a heritage.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel deep ambivalence.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]
No.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#6]
No, because history.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#7]
damnatio memoriae
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Our Civil War wasn't fought over slavery.  It just wasn't, I don't give a damn what your history book said.  It was started and fought for nearly two years to prevent the South from leaving the union.  They added the abolitionist war goal well after the fighting had begun.  The South didn't go to war to keep slavery.  They went to war because they didn't want to be a part of the US anymore.  Yes, part of that was related to the ownership of slaves; but there were many factors and the argument that it was all about hatred and slavery is just straight up false.  It was WAY more complicated than that.

If history had happened the way they taught us in schools, then yeah, maybe they should be removed.  Unfortunately the mantra of 'The Civil War was fought over slavery... The Civil War was fought over slavery....  The Civil War was fought over slavery...' has been repeated to the point where it's societal fact; historical facts be damned.  So in their mind, they're probably right to take those down. 

By the way, if you want everyone you know to call you a racist and unfriend you on Facebook, all you have to do is point that out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds to much like 1984.

Erasing history does not change anything.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. ”
    George Santayana, Life of Reason, Reason in Common Sense,
    Scribner's, 1905, page 284
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#10]
The civil war was not just about slavery. This from a born northerner.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Now, look at this poll..
94% say no, not unusual in this forum and this type of question.

What would happen if we banned Muslim books from schools? Ban transgender from restrooms totally? Illegal aliens, from getting Obama benefits? Start a TV channel WET?  

Why are we letting these POS OT's ruin our country, change our laws to better suit they're agendas.

Why do I have to attend a mandatory transgender awareness class, so I don't offend them?

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our Civil War wasn't fought over slavery.  It just wasn't, I don't give a damn what your history book said. 
View Quote
You should go read the secession declarations from each state that left the union. It might change your sentiment.

I can google them and leave you links if your internet is broken.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I think ISIS tries to remove history as well
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate it!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Pathetic.

Is that on private property??
View Quote
Private owner, public property. That statue has quite some history to it, particularly with it's time in Seattle. You can buy it for 250k and move it to a place of your pleasing . At this point it has quite a bit of symbolic value just in it's presence alone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin,_Seattle
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes.

The United States didn't become the greatest nation on earth by celebrating losers.  I thought we were against the "everyone gets a trophy" mentality.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
is that Stalin
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
is that Stalin

Lenin.  Know your enemy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You should go read the secession declarations from each state that left the union. It might change your sentiment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our Civil War wasn't fought over slavery.  It just wasn't, I don't give a damn what your history book said. 

Just because the southern states came right out and said it was about slavery doesn't mean it was about slavery. 
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#19]
If I lost the Civil War like the south did, I wouldn't want any monuments to remind me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#21]
money played as big a role in the civil war as it does in politics and war today.

If they had only agreed to let the north tax slaves what would have changed?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I see 23 ruh-tards have voted in this thread as of now
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#23]
No its history of our nation
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#24]
It might go that way, "first they came for the Confederate monuments"....Niemoller style
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#25]
There are lots of monuments I'd like to have removed but I tolerate them because well, America.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Liberals love re-writing history to fit their needs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#27]
A big hell no here
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Nope.  It's history, regardless.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Whatever side you are on or feel compassion for, its part of our history.
View Quote
this.

face it, remember it and own it. one way or the other.

personally? there were brave men and woman, great leaders, truly committed individuals.

If we all get bent about the mistreatment of our ancestors, where does it end?

Ive been known to get bent about the Irish treatment by the Crown. But not really...
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#30]
The removal of history serves one purpose, the rewriting of it....
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#31]
No,

make no mistake, this push is nothing more than an attempt to whitewash the democrat party of the monuments to their failed attempt to devide the country. Nothing more
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#32]
The message is"get in the closet" to those who refuse to condemn.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#33]
ISIS/L does this so now the NAACP can too?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#34]
No.  It's not like these are part of something like an official state flag and causes fear and consternation of minorities and SJWs.  These are period pieces, pieces of history, and should be seen in their context.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No.  It's not like these are part of something like an official state flag
View Quote
Mississippi doesn't know if it should laugh at the comment, or be offended that you forgot about them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Private owner, public property. That statue has quite some history to it, particularly with it's time in Seattle. You can buy it for 250k and move it to a place of your pleasing . At this point it has quite a bit of symbolic value just in it's presence alone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin,_Seattle
View Quote
We need to buy that statue. I'll pledge $50. We can do this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#37]
fuck No..

Even though its a shitty part of our history, its a major part of it. This yankee says keep them!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#38]
To me, this is akin to muslim invaders knocking down religious temples in every country they conquer and build a mosque on top.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Rise up??No one is doing shit while they are removing monuments.

Didn't Florida dig up Forrest and his wife a few years back?And get rid of his statue?

And of course the whole shitstorm over the flag.

View Quote
I might be wrong but I think that was Tennessee , Memphis
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Absolutely not. History should never be revised, sanitized, or erased--for any reason--and especially not for SJW butthurt.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I think it's funny here in South Carolina the Confederate flag was taken down but nobody has a problem with the SLAVE MARKET being right down town Charleston.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rise up??No one is doing shit while they are removing monuments.

Didn't Florida dig up Forrest and his wife a few years back?And get rid of his statue?

And of course the whole shitstorm over the flag.

Yep.. and it all died out when the fact that the property he's buried on goes back to the family if he and his wife are moved. Our former kiddie diddling CFO (whom just so happened to be the former mayors real estate guy) had dreams of making the park NBF is buried in a parking lot for the community college.  

It'll be interesting to see what gets built on the sites after the monuments are removed and to whose hands all the money for the properties and development goes through.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#43]
They pulled this shit on Confederate Memorial Day

Fuckin' assholes
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep,And Lincoln was all about freeing the slaves no matter what.......

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No NWoA battles were fought in New Hampshire because you were/are unwothy, suh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.  I've always supported the removal of Confederate monuments from New Hampshire.
No NWoA battles were fought in New Hampshire because you were/are unwothy, suh.

The liberals' ignorance on this topic, as already noted, is amazing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yep.. and it all died out when the fact that the property he's buried on goes back to the family if he and his wife are moved. Our former kiddie diddling CFO (whom just so happened to be the former mayors real estate guy) had dreams of making the park NBF is buried in a parking lot for the community college.  

It'll be interesting to see what gets built on the sites after the monuments are removed and to whose hands all the money for the properties and development goes through.
View Quote
So are they still moving them?

You're right-it did fade out of the news rather quickly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
FUCK NO.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#48]
NO
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Interested to see what Arfcom thinks. In some of the threads with the news about removal it seems some support it.
View Quote

I think this is the American Taliban in action.

Cultural vandals.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

There was a film crew in New Orleans asking
hundreds of local high school students how
they felt about the monuments about a year ago.

The majority of the HS students they interviewed
had no idea who was on the monuments and
many couldn't even explain what role Robert E. Lee
played in the Civil War.
View Quote
That's very sad, and pathetic on the schools part.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top