Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the membership just for the Prime beef and seafood they have there.
Also, purchases tires.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Us DINKs do it for

Gas
TP
Cat Litter
Meats (sometimes)
Sundry other items
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You can usually get a free 30 day membership at a club if you are interested.
Give it a shot for a month and see if you would use it on a regular basis.
That would give you a much better idea instead of asking others who are in a different situation than you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weren't you banned?
View Quote
This isn't an AMA thread.
Thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for playing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weren't you banned?
Thanks for playing.
Thx for white knighting.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for playing.
View Quote
Looks like we found the sponsor for the first year of membership to Costco.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I use to be DINK, then I became SINK. In a few years I'll be RINK. Still don't have Costco or Sams cards but I've considered them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]
dude, its $50 for a year. just try it out and see for yourself.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Especially as DINKs. Even us single income people can swing it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not to mention that they will refund your membership fee 100% at any time if you tell them you're unsatisfied.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Costco has the best toilet paper.  No shit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Costco has the best toilet paper.  No shit.
View Quote
Paper towels as well.

It's just hubby and I, plus our pup. There are a lot of things I buy at Costco. The chicken breasts are a good deal, especially at the rate I go through them. They often have wild salmon and other non-farm raised fish. When I do a couple of smoker loads of meats (mainly for hubby), I hit Costco up pretty hard.

Plus my pup has chronic pancreatitis so she only eats Canine Gastrointestinal Low Fat dry dog food and boiled chicken breasts with brown rice.

There are quite a few things I only buy at Costco. I just bought tires for my truck there as well. It was the cheapest deal I found for good tires.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No can do, buckaroo. You do realize the Hilldabeast was on Walmart's board of directors, right?
View Quote
Yea I know, in the late 80's. Back when she called unions "Parasites"

Walmart's not perfect, but they are still run by conservative friendly people whereas Costco isn't.

But yea to your credit leftists love to infest major companies including Walmart.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like Costco but I call it the $200 store. No matter matter how hard you try, you're not leaving without spending at least $200.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#16]
My GF and I have an Executive Membership and it's worth every nickel. We buy all of our groceries, household items, gas, garden supplies, tires, etc. there. I even get a lot of my clothes at Costco. It saves us a ton of money.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Definitely.

Never understood the internet stereotype of Costco only being good for large families.

You'll need to watch your impulse control, though, as the deals are abundant. There's a weird psychology that kicks in when you see something you like, pass on it, then it's gone... never to be seen again. Makes you tend to snag things up you don't really need. Out of fear you may never get the chance again.

I miss Costco. Our SINK family made much use of it.
View Quote
They pulled this chocolate covered kirkland branded mango..I hope its there next time, or I just forgot...but it wasn't there :(
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They pulled this chocolate covered kirkland branded mango..I hope its there next time, or I just forgot...but it wasn't there :(
View Quote
Ours still has it, mebbe I'll try it.  Ours used to carry Kalbi and smoked whitefish salad, but no more
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#19]
My Executive membership pays for itself every year. My rebate last year was $185, if I'm not mistaken the membership was $125. I buy all my gas, meats, booze, paper goods there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes get it.

Even if allyou buy is meat and ass paper
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes, Costco will take care of your expendable income.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck Deej.  Get an executive membership.  Buy gas, TVs, tires, all the shit you need anyway.  Clamato, prime brisket, coffee, bacon, eggs.........plan it.  Buy taters, butter, pellets for your Treager, Yeti cooler, shrimp, chicken, hot dags...............  

If you do it right, with the executive member cash back, your membership is free every year.  

The problem with most Costco shoppers is they have no self control.  They buy shit because it is there.  For that reason alone, it may not be such a great deal for you.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks for playing.
View Quote
Swing on my balls. 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I use to be DINK, then I became SINK. In a few years I'll be RINK. Still don't have Costco or Sams cards but I've considered them.
View Quote
Sams has the best box gravy.  I just had some this AM.  They also used to have the best Miracle Whip pricing until they fucked up their packaging and pricing.  

Smart and Final for me on that stuff now.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got tires, a 4K TV, cleaning supplies, an Omega watch, paper towels, and toilet paper from them in the last few weeks.

I really like their return policy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Their canned mangos are very seasonal, but are an excellent deal and very good quality.  Mango salsa makes the panties drop.  

I have a can in my frige right now.  Lindor Truffles on the bar.  I predict an orgy.............
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Get the Costco VISA (Citi) and you will get enough rewards to pay for the membership easily.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't think warehouse stores are worth it. A lot of the stuff, like the vitamins, are of a lower quality.

The cost isn't that much less than just going to Kroger or Walmart and you don't have to recoup the yearly fee. 

Except for the meats. Sometimes the meat prices are good. Most of the time you just get a mass amount of something you don't consume as much and have to go to another store anyway.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They don't sell guns.
View Quote
Negative.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I know they don't sell guns but the Kirkland 9 mm ammo is pretty good, I haven't triedthe 5.56 yet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've been having a membership since they opened in New Orleans. Same situation back then, 2 people with zero kids. I also have a Sam's club membership.  I just like going to big box stores.

A case for 40 bottles of water is 2.99 (I drink 2-3 cases a week and do not like to use cups, so I can just take the bottle on the run or cap it where ever I am to prevent spillage).

I buy meat there every weekend. I bought ribeye's yesterday (USDA choice for 8.99/lb sometimes it's cheaper), bought some ground beef, and also some beef shank so I can make meals for the week.

I buy my toilet paper, and napkins along with trash bags and ziplock bags there in bulk.  I figure I can always use those products and I have plenty of space in my house to store it all.

Believe it or not, they have decent clothes, I currently LOVE the shorts I bought from them recently, they are cargo shorts that aren't bulky, all the pockets are flush with the pant and has zippers for all the pockets, they also stretch and are light weight.
View Quote
how the fuck do you drink 80 to 120 of thr 16.9 oz bottles of water PER SEVEN DAYS?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Swing on my balls. 
View Quote
You guys are too easy.
I fuck with one member and you all come a running.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Not worth it. Just call your mom once a year to meet you there. Buy a year's worth of stuff and you're golden.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought the box of 10,000 coffee stirrers for $40. 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Nope.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm SINK and I have a Sams membership (no Costco nearby).

If you do this it's worth your time to buy a FoodSaver and a Freezer.  

I buy all my fuel at Sam's.
View Quote
I need a FoodSaver.

I've saved A TON of money buying gas alone at Costco.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I know they don't sell guns but the Kirkland 9 mm ammo is pretty good, I haven't triedthe 5.56 yet.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I would even if I was single and no kids.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I need a FoodSaver.

View Quote
Your household really needs one.  I've had one for about ten years and it's one of the best items for the money.  It's paid for itself lots of times over.  

I've thrown out NO spoiled frozen foods since buying one.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Walmart's not perfect, but they are still run by conservative friendly people whereas Costco isn't.

But yea to your credit leftists love to infest major companies including Walmart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No can do, buckaroo. You do realize the Hilldabeast was on Walmart's board of directors, right?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/walmarts-walton-family-backing-clinton/article/2601211
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey Deej welcome back !

DINK's here and we hit Costco about every 2 months.
Meat is mostly what we go for but sauces and seasonings are things that last in the pantry or fridge for a very long time.
Chicken pot pies and their ready made pasta meals are very good and a good bargain.

We separate the meats and seal them up with a food saver, much cheaper than the regular grocer store chains around here.

Their clothing seems rugged enough, jeans and socks and whatnot.

I think the membership is worth it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I need a FoodSaver.

View Quote
With us moving out of town a ways I'm sure I'll be using mine a lot more.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need a FoodSaver.

I've been just wrapping meat very tightly in plastic wrap, but some stuff is still getting a little freezer crisped.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what you laughing at guy? they DO sell ammo. 100,000 barrels tho

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#45]
In addition to +1ing all the comments about ass paper, meat and tires, some of the best discounts on car rentals are through Costco travel.  We paid for last years membership with the money saved on a single car rental.  And I'm not talking about what we saved over the base rental price, I'm saying that the money saved compared to the next best price we could find through any of the internet sites was enough to cover our basic membership.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Costco-Kirkland-Rile-Ammo-Bulk-Pack.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Costco-Kirkland-Rile-Ammo-Bulk-Pack.jpg
This. Their 556 prices make me be like..
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

how the fuck do you drink 80 to 120 of thr 16.9 oz bottles of water PER SEVEN DAYS?
View Quote
Well there's two of us. Literally drink a bottle right when I wake up, grab another for my ride into work, drink probably 3-4 while I'm at work, and another when I get home with dinner. Another bottle sometimes after dinner and another before bed. For some reason, I always have to have water. Force of habit I guess, but I've been told I have nice skin.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I like Costco but I call it the $200 store. No matter matter how hard you try, you're not leaving without spending at least $200.
View Quote
HA! I walked out of there yesterday only having spent $80.

But you're usually right.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Unless you're going early In the morning or late in the evening, Costco gas = sitting in line idling for 10-20 minutes.

I go to ARCO - gas is the same price as Costco, but there's no wait.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Dropped $565 there today on food and drinkables.

Only go in like two or three times a year so I make it worth my while.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top