Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yall may not like this but, TEXTING drivers too.
View Quote

I suppose you'd lock up drivers with a tatted up arm hanging out the window...
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Would drunk have been in the wrong if he in turn drew his weapon and shot the couple that pulled him over?

I would vote to acquit if I was on the jury.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm just wary of the statistics.  I have no doubt that alcohol impairs the ability to drive.  I'm just of the opinion that no solid research has been done that distinguishes drunk driving attributed fatalities that MAY STILL HAVE OCCURRED had the the driver been sober.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY values ladies and gentlemen.
I'm just wary of the statistics.  I have no doubt that alcohol impairs the ability to drive.  I'm just of the opinion that no solid research has been done that distinguishes drunk driving attributed fatalities that MAY STILL HAVE OCCURRED had the the driver been sober.
What is your degree in?  It may be that you only need a couple more credit hours of class time to become certified to do this.  And then you get to look at the statistics all day long, day in and day out, and realize what a miserable career it is.  

Impaired driving delays reaction time, and that kills innocent people.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was pulled over for "drunk driving" once. Officer said I was swerving, and he could smell alcohol.  I said I had been at a happy hour after work, and had 4 beers in 2 hours, and was just really tired (I was actually driving with my knees for a minute as well.) Asked me to get out of the truck, did I have any weapons? ("Yes, knife in back pocket." "Ok, just don't move toward it." "Yessir.")

Blow into the breathalyzer. 0.0.....0.01.......0.02............ "Ok, go wait in the vehicle." Couple of minutes. "Here's a citation for failure to stay in lane." 

So, when should my execution have occurred? Immediately when pulled over? After he told me why? When I admitted I'd been drinking? When I told him about my pocketknife? Our just at any time before a breathalyzer showed that I was actually NOT legally impaired due to alcohol?
View Quote
He should have been able to pit you off the road the moment he suspected you were DUI and then mag dumped on you while driving by.  Cops never make mistakes and are infallible in their ability to detect inebriated drivers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I fully support this activity. People are perfectly capable of making the same decisions a police officer can, sometimes even better because they don't have the burden of paperwork or prior training. I would trust any random stranger I meet to hold me at gun point when they perceived I violated a law. If I get shot in the process, well I shouldn't have violated the law. Yea, something like that.
View Quote
Darwin winner right here folks!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:03:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I fully support this activity. People are perfectly capable of making the same decisions a police officer can, sometimes even better because they don't have the burden of paperwork or prior training. I would trust any random stranger I meet to hold me at gun point when they perceived I violated a law. If I get shot in the process, well I shouldn't have violated the law. Yea, something like that.
View Quote
This post is so ignorant on so many levels I don't know where to even start.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's actually right on par with the rest of this thread.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do you know if the accident was avoidable had the driver been sober?
View Quote
You mean like a 'sober' person would be driving a semi on the wrong side of a highway with no lights on at 11pm hitting a small car headon? Or another 'sober person' plowing through a stop sign at 45mph and t-boning the pass side of a car killing a 15yr old girl at 4pm?

Roadside executions, of course not, but I would support breaking their legs after the conviction every time they get caught after 3 (which by that point they should never get a license again for life).

As for that couple, no. They should had called the police and followed the drunk.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was pulled over for "drunk driving" once. Officer said I was swerving, and he could smell alcohol.  I said I had been at a happy hour after work, and had 4 beers in 2 hours, and was just really tired (I was actually driving with my knees for a minute as well.) Asked me to get out of the truck, did I have any weapons? ("Yes, knife in back pocket." "Ok, just don't move toward it." "Yessir.")

Blow into the breathalyzer. 0.0.....0.01.......0.02............ "Ok, go wait in the vehicle." Couple of minutes. "Here's a citation for failure to stay in lane." 

So, when should my execution have occurred? Immediately when pulled over? After he told me why? When I admitted I'd been drinking? When I told him about my pocketknife? Our just at any time before a breathalyzer showed that I was actually NOT legally impaired due to alcohol?
View Quote
Yes.  Let's hold court on the street and execute anyone that 'looks' drunk... because feelz.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you think dictators and despots come to power and stay in power... they have plenty of help from the ignorant.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

maybe i'm a lightweight faggot or something, but 4 beers is plenty to keep me buzzed within 2 hours

methinks you got lucky on your breathalyzer
View Quote
Sounds like it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Lots of stupid in that video
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Start by fixing your sarcasm detector
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Guy with the gun is a dumb asshole. The guy he stopped should have felt threatened and ran wanna be cop over. What a dumb fuck.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cops should have execution powers for DWI.  I won't bore you with the innocent family members and friends (double digits) killed/injured by drunks.
View Quote
And zero tolerance. 0.00
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#16]
What about falling asleep at the wheel?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The retard in the video did not perform a field sobriety test to PROVE THE BASTARD WAS DRUNK BEFORE THREATENING HIS LIFE WITH A LOADED WEAPON.

Being an asshole is not a capital offense, otherwise half of GD would be dead by now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't stop him for DWI, they stopped him for being in fear of their  life while the drunk was behind the wheel of a deadly weapon.
The retard in the video did not perform a field sobriety test to PROVE THE BASTARD WAS DRUNK BEFORE THREATENING HIS LIFE WITH A LOADED WEAPON.

Being an asshole is not a capital offense, otherwise half of GD would be dead by now.
Sig line materiel right there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cops should have execution powers for DWI failure to yield or maintain lane.  I won't bore you with the innocent family members and friends (double digits) killed/injured by drunks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A drunk driver killed my father . While they need work on technique I am okay with the results
Cops should have execution powers for DWI failure to yield or maintain lane.  I won't bore you with the innocent family members and friends (double digits) killed/injured by drunks.
FIFY, it doesn't matter why they didn't stop or stay in the lane, the end result is the same.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, in MY state DWI is not an offense for which a private citizen can effect an arrest.  So there would be a multitude of offenses the dude would be charged with.

False Restraint
Deadly Conduct

are just two
View Quote
It's happened before, no one has ever been charged to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Having done accident analysis for both criminal trials and civil depositions, everything I have looked at was avoidable had the driver not been impaired.
View Quote
How impaired were they?

People here crash into each other all day everyday while totally sober. The spectacular drunk driving fatalities are typically people at or above .2XX BAC.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can't tell if they don't get it or they are counter trolling us.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#22]
A drunk driver changed my life and the lives of two people dear to me.  I'm all for keeping drunk drivers off the road, but the cited article doesn't provide a workable solution, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
GD: Drunk Driving Check Points are Unconstitutional.

GD: Armed carjacking of drivers who they believe may be DUI is okay.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like a good way to get run over or shot to me.    
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#25]
lol.  

Yall have noooo idea how many people get called in for 'drunk driving' and it is actually

-texting
-distracted
-poor drivers
-tired

What if they shot them?  

I hate drunk drivers, and it is a rampant problem, but doing it the way they did it is only opening themselves to trouble.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Cops should have execution powers for DWI.  I won't bore you with the innocent family members and friends (double digits) killed/injured by drunks.
View Quote
Police are there to enforce laws not punishment.  I wouldn't want to live in a world where police had authority to summarily execute people. ... And you dont either.  Pull your head out of your God Damn ass.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They didn't stop him for DWI, they stopped him for being in fear of their  life while the drunk was behind the wheel of a deadly weapon.
View Quote
I sure hope no one ever throws popcorn at them in a movie theater........
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
but, you should die, because..feels
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How impaired were they?

People here crash into each other all day everyday while totally sober. The spectacular drunk driving fatalities are typically people at or above .2XX BAC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Having done accident analysis for both criminal trials and civil depositions, everything I have looked at was avoidable had the driver not been impaired.
How impaired were they?

Even at 0.08, it's quite significant.  Going from 0.10 to 0.08 made field sobriety determination more difficult, yes, but looking at the blood work from fatal accidents, the proof of motor/decision impairment is in the correlation.  Looking at individual accidents, yes, delayed reaction times are noticeable, even at borderline BACs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I think we can all agree that we don't want drunk drivers on our roads or drugged drivers or distracted drivers.

People who are texting while driving cause more accidents then drunks.

Are we going to start using armed force to run someone who is texting off the road?

There would be a dozen people proned out in less than a mile if that is the case.

Call the police, given them the direction of travel, the license plate.

However, the NHTSA reports that texting while driving is currently responsible for approximately 1.6 million accidents every year – about 25% of all driving accidents.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yall may not like this but, TEXTING drivers too.
View Quote
I'm actually more in favor of this
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Lots of stupid in that video
View Quote
Even more in the thread...which is normal for a GD DUI post
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
GD: Drunk Driving Check Points are Unconstitutional.

GD: Armed carjacking of drivers who they believe may be DUI is okay.

View Quote
Sums it up nicely
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

At 0.08, alcohol addict.
View Quote
why .08? Seems arbitrary
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Can't we just shoot left lane campers and non-english speakers who don't pull into the intersection while waiting to make a left?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#36]
As for the roadside execution crowd.

I had just missed a collision between two drunk drivers by mere seconds.  My wife and I had just crossed Peachtree, in Atlanta, possibly crossing on a road named Peachtree, when there was a collision just behind us.

One of the vehicles fled, leaving the other vehicle with two occupants in the middle of the road.  From the positioning of the wrecked vehicle, it "was obvious" who had the right of way.  However, looking at things more closely, it was apparent that my initial observations, and that of the police, were wrong.  As I was trying to render aid to the passenger, the driver asked him for a briefcase, so he could hide the briefcase; I told the passenger not to move because he had noticeable ribcage injuries; nope, he leaned forward and picked up the briefcase ... and his solar plexus jumped out like the scene from Alien ... it didn't break the skin, but damn if it wasn't freaky.

The hit and run driver was found a few blocks away.  He/they never returned to the scene to check on anyone.

I have no idea what the final outcome was.  The defendant took a plea before it went to trial.  That's all I know.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

why .08? Seems arbitrary
View Quote
hmmm... kinda like the 10 round limit here in ny?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#38]
There is a pronounced inflection in fatal accident rates at 0.08.  It's not an arbitrary number.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#39]
While they had good intentions, a CCW permit DOES NOT make you a police officer.
Don't go pulling out your gun unless your life is currently being threatened and you need to shoot someone right then to avoid serious injury.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What is your degree in?  It may be that you only need a couple more credit hours of class time to become certified to do this.  And then you get to look at the statistics all day long, day in and day out, and realize what a miserable career it is.  

View Quote
Well, there is plenty of data suggesting that texting is far worse than drinking:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2652015/Texting-driving-slows-reaction-times-drink-drugs.html
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/8185/20140609/texting-is-more-dangerous-than-drugs-alcohol-while-driving-study.htm

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31545004
Don't like any of those..google a comparison of impairment between drugs/alcohol  and texting
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Can't we just shoot left lane campers and non-english speakers who don't pull into the intersection while waiting to make a left?
View Quote
In a perfect GD world, yes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone know how this played out? I would really like to know what happened to the good Samaritan
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank the NRA for 10 round limits. The NRA President in the 1930's helped craft state gun laws. His belief was that any gun that could hold over 10 rounds should be considered a machine gun and you can't have them either.

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You mean like a 'sober' person would be driving a semi on the wrong side of a highway with no lights on at 11pm hitting a small car headon? Or another 'sober person' plowing through a stop sign at 45mph and t-boning the pass side of a car killing a 15yr old girl at 4pm?

Roadside executions, of course not, but I would support breaking their legs after the conviction every time they get caught after 3 (which by that point they should never get a license again for life).

As for that couple, no. They should had called the police and followed the drunk.
View Quote
Old  lady  driving wrong way down the highway was "confused"..
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/someones-going-to-die-harrowing-video-shows-driver-zipping-down-highway-401-in-the-wrong-direction

Running stop sign & killing ,  with no prison time to boot:
Texting girl runs stop sign kill father & 10 y.o. daughter..no prison time
Texting asshole kill 13 on church bus:
http://q13fox.com/2017/03/31/witness-driver-in-crash-admitted-texting-before-collision-that-killed-13/
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I got it, don't see how someone could miss that
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

And zero tolerance. 0.00
View Quote
And for cell phone use/ texting as well?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Dude with the gun should be arrested. So much fail. Would have been even more awesome if he shot the guy and it turned out to be a medical issue not DUI. Stay in your car, get away, call police. The "hero" here should be thanking his creator that things didnt go sideways. Idiots.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well, there is plenty of data suggesting that texting is far worse than drinking:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2652015/Texting-driving-slows-reaction-times-drink-drugs.html
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/8185/20140609/texting-is-more-dangerous-than-drugs-alcohol-while-driving-study.htm

Don't like any of those..google a comparison of impairment between drugs/alcohol  and texting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, because something else is worse, this is somehow ok?  Jesus.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top