Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/23/2017 10:49:48 AM EDT
Couple forces 'drunk driver' to stop car, then hold him at gunpoint.....

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cc2_1492956075
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
A drunk driver killed my father . While they need work on technique I am okay with the results
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A drunk driver killed my father . While they need work on technique I am okay with the results
View Quote
Cops should have execution powers for DWI.  I won't bore you with the innocent family members and friends (double digits) killed/injured by drunks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cops should have execution powers for DWI.  I won't bore you with the innocent family members and friends (double digits) killed/injured by drunks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Were they arrested?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#6]
He just had to get it on.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#7]
their methods need work.

their idea is solid though.

fuck drunk drivers and fuck texting drivers.

inb4 dwi apologists and people who do it themselves.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol due process is for fags
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Noble intentions, but what were they gonna do? Shoot him for being drunk?

Person holding the gun would go away for murder.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, in MY state DWI is not an offense for which a private citizen can effect an arrest.  So there would be a multitude of offenses the dude would be charged with.

False Restraint
Deadly Conduct

are just two
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you know if the accident was avoidable had the driver been sober?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Drunk drivers suck, but I have a feeling this won't end well for the gun guy. Pretty stupid IMO.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#13]
BT,DT, asswipe went to jail.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh, so in on this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Noble intentions, but what were they gonna do? Shot him for being drunk?

Person holding the gun would go away for murder.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I was pulled over for "drunk driving" once. Officer said I was swerving, and he could smell alcohol.  I said I had been at a happy hour after work, and had 4 beers in 2 hours, and was just really tired (I was actually driving with my knees for a minute as well.) Asked me to get out of the truck, did I have any weapons? ("Yes, knife in back pocket." "Ok, just don't move toward it." "Yessir.")

Blow into the breathalyzer. 0.0.....0.01.......0.02............ "Ok, go wait in the vehicle." Couple of minutes. "Here's a citation for failure to stay in lane." 

So, when should my execution have occurred? Immediately when pulled over? After he told me why? When I admitted I'd been drinking? When I told him about my pocketknife? Our just at any time before a breathalyzer showed that I was actually NOT legally impaired due to alcohol?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Yall may not like this but, TEXTING drivers too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I fully support this activity. People are perfectly capable of making the same decisions a police officer can, sometimes even better because they don't have the burden of paperwork or prior training. I would trust any random stranger I meet to hold me at gun point when they perceived I violated a law. If I get shot in the process, well I shouldn't have violated the law. Yea, something like that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yall may not like this but, TEXTING drivers too.
View Quote
F those people too. I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore when I see people do this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lol due process is for fags
View Quote
look an '17er, DD apologist...what was your last banned username kid?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, in MY state DWI is not an offense for which a private citizen can effect an arrest.  So there would be a multitude of offenses the dude would be charged with.

False Restraint
Deadly Conduct

are just two
View Quote
They didn't stop him for DWI, they stopped him for being in fear of their  life while the drunk was behind the wheel of a deadly weapon.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Screename of brandisher ?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was pulled over for "drunk driving" once. Officer said I was swerving, and he could smell alcohol.  I said I had been at a happy hour after work, and had 4 beers in 2 hours, and was just really tired (I was actually driving with my knees for a minute as well.) Asked me to get out of the truck, did I have any weapons? ("Yes, knife in back pocket." "Ok, just don't move toward it." "Yessir.")

Blow into the breathalyzer. 0.0.....0.01.......0.02............ "Ok, go wait in the vehicle." Couple of minutes. "Here's a citation for failure to stay in lane." 

So, when should my execution have occurred? Immediately when pulled over? After he told me why? When I admitted I'd been drinking? When I told him about my pocketknife? Our just at any time before a breathalyzer showed that I was actually NOT legally impaired due to alcohol?
View Quote
maybe i'm a lightweight faggot or something, but 4 beers is plenty to keep me buzzed within 2 hours

methinks you got lucky on your breathalyzer
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Citizens arrest at gunpoint for a traffic violation...
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NY values ladies and gentlemen.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Cold link is cold
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I fully support this activity. People are perfectly capable of making the same decisions a police officer can, sometimes even better because they don't have the burden of paperwork or prior training. I would trust any random stranger I meet to hold me at gun point when they perceived I violated a law. If I get shot in the process, well I shouldn't have violated the law. Yea, something like
View Quote
Redacted
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Holy Tardzilla batman!

Without the burden of paperwork or PRIOR TRAINING!?!?!?!?

Would you hire a doctor to do heart surgery without the burden of prior training?? Same results, someone ends up dead.

There is so much herp and derp in that logic I don't know where to begin.

Any old vigilante can point a loaded gun at you and your fine with it?

Holy shitshow 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fully support this activity. People are perfectly capable of making the same decisions a police officer can, sometimes even better because they don't have the burden of paperwork or prior training. I would trust any random stranger I meet to hold me at gun point when they perceived I violated a law. If I get shot in the process, well I shouldn't have violated the law. Yea, something like that.
Holy Tardzilla batman!

Without the burden of paperwork or PRIOR TRAINING!?!?!?!?

Would you hire a doctor to do heart surgery without the burden of prior training?? Same results, someone ends up dead.

There is so much herp and derp in that logic I don't know where to begin.

Any old vigilante can point a loaded gun at you and your fine with it?

Holy shitshow 
Someone needs to have his sarcasm meter recalibrated.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#29]
that could have gone very badly.

don't do that.

call the cops and follow him.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They didn't stop him for DWI, they stopped him for being in fear of their  life while the drunk was behind the wheel of a deadly weapon.
View Quote
The retard in the video did not perform a field sobriety test to PROVE THE BASTARD WAS DRUNK BEFORE THREATENING HIS LIFE WITH A LOADED WEAPON.

Being an asshole is not a capital offense, otherwise half of GD would be dead by now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep - while we're at it why don't we disband the police?  Seems like a waste of money when we can just arrest the bad people ourselves.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
look an '17er, DD apologist...what was your last banned username kid?
View Quote
Strong argument. Not a DD apologist but roadside execution for just accusations of DD is psychotic  at the very least.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Well intended I'm sure but that could have went sideways in a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
BT,DT, asswipe went to jail.
View Quote
Care to elaborate?  Were you the driver who was illegally detained by a civilian or the guy who brandished a weapon and illegally detained a random stranger?

Roadside executions?  What the fuck is happening to this place?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm just wary of the statistics.  I have no doubt that alcohol impairs the ability to drive.  I'm just of the opinion that no solid research has been done that distinguishes drunk driving attributed fatalities that MAY STILL HAVE OCCURRED had the the driver been sober.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Now being on a gun forum, assuming you weren't drunk and someone was pointing a gun at you.
What would you do?
2) Let's assume that the suspected drunk was actually sober and you drew a gun on him. Would you be liable if he took off in fear and crashed into another car killing people?

I'm all for keeping drunks off the road but I believe being a good witness is the best strategy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
That will be the dumbest comment on GD today.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
And they know he wasn't experiencing an acute diabetic emergency how exactly...?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh yeah?  Can you tell me when in the video they say that?

Dude fucked up. I hope he gets raked over the coals.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what his father was wearing. 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same. Starting with my best friend when we were in the 4th grade
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#42]
GD: Drunk Driving Check Points are Unconstitutional.

GD: Armed carjacking of drivers who they believe may be DUI is okay.

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
At 0.08, alcohol addict.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep - while we're at it why don't we disband the police?  Seems like a waste of money when we can just arrest the bad people ourselves.
View Quote
Can I be a Sergeant? I always wanted to be a Sergeant.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Having done accident analysis for both criminal trials and civil depositions, everything I have looked at was avoidable had the driver not been impaired.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That will be the dumbest comment on GD today.
View Quote
Only because it doesn't fit your beliefs. We all agree that drinking and driving is bad news, but like everything these days it's overly sensationalized as the absolute entirety of how a wreck could've happened.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
GD: Drunk Driving Check Points are Unconstitutional.

GD: Armed carjacking of drivers who they believe may be DUI is okay.

View Quote
GD: Summary executions on the roadside for suspect DWI!

GD: Breathalyzer Interlocks are Statist Oppression!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
GD needs more info to decide...
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

GD: Summary executions on the roadside for suspect DWI!

GD: Breathalyzer Interlocks are Statist Oppression!
View Quote
Pretty much
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top