Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Everybody has an asshole lurking inside them. My guess is his inner asshole got triggered by something stupid and now they've just given some tough old SOB a new purpose in life.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If I recall correctly in some states you can in fact be forced into one if enough of the neighbors agree to one.
View Quote
Where and how is that even legal?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't see how
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you create a HOA after the fact if the homeowner didn't sign a CCR or deed restriction?
I don't see how
The proper term for a neighborhood organization created without CCRs is "gang."
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm surprised they're aren't city ordinances restricting shit like that, there are where I live, and I don't think anyone gets grandfathered in when such a law passes.  We even have "landscape police" that drive around then mail out warning letters. 

Anyone who has spent 20 years trying to antagonize his neighbors has a problem. Maybe he needs have a private sale of his home and offer it to his neighbors for the current market value +20% and moving expenses.  He gets one final laugh and they get rid of their problem neighbor. 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuckin A!! We have a communal mail box area in my non hoa neighborhood. But I have a pile of old engine parts I plan to weld together for front yard art
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Typical Arizona curmudgeon. LOL! West side is full of neighborhoods like that. I’ve seen mail boxes with crankshafts for posts. LOL! Classy!!
Fuckin A!! We have a communal mail box area in my non hoa neighborhood. But I have a pile of old engine parts I plan to weld together for front yard art
LOL! Cheers!

I did this in my garage in Scottsdale. HOA couldn’t do shit about it. But I don’t leave car remnants laying around in my front yard.

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I recall correctly in some states you can in fact be forced into one if enough of the neighbors agree to one.
http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=being+forced+into+a+hoa
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What are odds that everyone else in the neighborhood over a span of 20 years are assholes and all ganged up on Mr. Leas?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't think I have any sympathy for his neighbors.

Sounds like they brought it on themselves.
What are odds that everyone else in the neighborhood over a span of 20 years are assholes and all ganged up on Mr. Leas?
Raylan Givens, Justified "If you run into an asshole in the morning..
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can you create a HOA after the fact if the homeowner didn't sign a CCR or deed restriction?
View Quote
It's a pointless gesture. You can't force someone into an HOA, if none existed prior to the purchase of his home. 
The people trying to start an HOA are delusional.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Fucking AWESOME, but what were you searching for when you found that pic?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I agree the guy is probably an asshole.

Creating an HOA so you can then make up rules and impose them on someone else that didn't agree to them is NOT what an HOA was designed for.

The HOA loving guys always use the excuse that the neighbors agreed to the deed restrictions when they purchased the property. Well this guy didn't.
View Quote
Exactly why an HOA won't accomplish shit. 

Allthough I bet that EXPCustom guy probably thinks that people should be forced, against their will... into HOAs... then again, that guy was an expert level troll. 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL... all of your "Letmegooglethatforyou" turned up results essentially saying you can't be forced into an HOA. 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Where does your neighborhood rank on the desirability scale for the area - how do property values compare to other parts of your area, how are the schools ranked, what size are the lots?

There are several guys with project cars in my neighborhood & plenty of RV's - they are usually parked behind gates and not eyesores.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What exactly is this guy doing that has the neighbors calling the cops on him all the time?

If he is just in a neighborhood full of yentas and he is tired of their shit and harassment for stupid crap then I am on his side.
If he is doing bad/illegal things then I can't say I blame them.

Having grown up in an HOA neighborhood and seen the petty power tripping crap that people are capable of, I am gonna give dude the benefit of the doubt.

I will never, ever own a home in an HOA neighborhood.

My neighbors have project cars, chickens, houses painted "unusual" colors, non code compliant sheds, motorhomes in their backyards, etc.
Doesn't move the needle on my give a fuck meter.

They don't give me shit about my stuff, I return the favor.
Where does your neighborhood rank on the desirability scale for the area - how do property values compare to other parts of your area, how are the schools ranked, what size are the lots?

There are several guys with project cars in my neighborhood & plenty of RV's - they are usually parked behind gates and not eyesores.
House next door to me just sold for $980,000 and the tear down across the street is on the market for $2,800,000.
I would say it is pretty high on the desirability scale.

We are a little bit rural and an older neighborhood. Not a tract where all the houses look like 1 of the 4 floorplans in 1 of the 4 approved colors with the approved tree in the same spot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
west side problems
View Quote
LOL! I was thinking the same thing! 

Looks like 3TV got themselves a drone and are looking for ways to use it. So annoying.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LOL! Cheers!

I did this in my garage in Scottsdale. HOA couldn’t do shit about it. But I don’t leave car remnants laying around in my front yard.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z280/azc1967/IMG_1441_zps32e896b5.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z280/azc1967/IMG_1431_zps58290ede.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z280/azc1967/IMG_9339.jpg
View Quote
Bravo sir! Bravo. 1969 Camaro?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
If he has been there longer than the majority of neighbors doing the bitching, about 98% chance this is at best, when assholes collide and most likely, assholes buy house cheap because of neighborhood, assholes property value does not sky rocket for the same reason they got the house cheap, assholes that knew about and benefitted from the issue are now pissed off.  Since assholes can not resolve the issue like fucking adults, they decide to call the cops.  Cops say not my circus not my fucking monkey most of the time.  Assholes keep calling cops.  Cops finally go aha.  Cops get pee pee spanked.  Cops remember, civil issue or no crime, not my monkey not my circus.  Since childish asshole harassment by cop has failed, we decide to try public shaming/harassment by media.  Because we are still such giant self centered fucking douchenozzles, we cannot handle it in an adult manner.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not in our HOA. We live in the country around a 80 acre lake. Our HOA exists so that we can maintain the lake...and make sure that anyone that buys a lot in here does not put a mobile home on it.

Other than that, our biggest concern is how much food to buy for the picnic each year.

People that buy into a hoa then bitch are the same retards that did not read the hoa covenants when they were looking at the house they bought.

In the case the op posted, that's just a case when assholes collide.
View Quote
You do not see the irony in your post, do you?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I agree the guy is probably an asshole.

Creating an HOA so you can then make up rules and impose them on someone else that didn't agree to them is NOT what an HOA was designed for.

The HOA loving guys always use the excuse that the neighbors agreed to the deed restrictions when they purchased the property. Well this guy didn't.
View Quote
Aren't those also called city's & states & federal governments?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Exactly. He says the neighbors hate him and constantly call the cops. What did he do?  I'm thinking he's no Saint in this.  The cops probably have some great stories about this neighborhood.
View Quote
Most likely scenario, based on over 25 years in LE and the fact that the only time he was cited was the finger, Some neighbor said hey, you should or need to do xyz with your yard because property values, he had the audacity to say, meh I don't think so.  Or worse, he told suzi soccermom to keep her dog or crotchfruit out of his fucking yard, or some other equally minor offense against some ones ego.  As the years go by, every time some one new moved in the original butthurt bitch ran to the new neighbor to tell them that guys an ass and drum up hate.  Things go from there.

Sorry, I can not think of a single nuisance house that I have received 10 calls on that was never cited for something legit (actual nuisance houses with more than about four calls with out a cite I can count with my pants up and shoes on), let alone one that had a couple dozen calls with no legit cites and only one bs cite that got tossed.

Bottom line, on long term neighbor disputes (multi-year), usually the one calling the cops the most is the douche bag.  Just like, the majority of the time, the person calling in the speeding vehicles in their subdivision every day making threats about do something or else, is gonna be the asshole saying you just do tickets for revenue at the county commissioners office, because he received multiple tickets doing 20+ over in less than a month in a neighboring subdivision.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If his house isn't deeded with the HOA, I don't think they can force him into the HOA ex post facto.
View Quote
You appear to be the earliest and most correct response based on my knowledge.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL! Cheers!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z280/azc1967/IMG_1441_zps32e896b5.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z280/azc1967/IMG_1431_zps58290ede.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z280/azc1967/IMG_9339.jpg
Yep, 69 SS350.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can see it if the neighbors agree to buy him out and then re-sell the property with the HOA in place.  That is the only avenue that they have, from what I understand.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I bet that's a interesting neighborhood to live in.

Thank God for country life
View Quote
Surrounded by busybody controlling Communists
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm guessing he's a Trump voter, and his teacher neighbor's are Hillary voters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Expert level trolling right there. I bet you he's the only gun guy on the block.
I'm guessing he's a Trump voter, and his teacher neighbor's are Hillary voters.
And since their crone lost he's the new project.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:48:21 AM EDT
[#27]
that is an interesting statue earlier in this thread
found out where it's at
https://millayt.wordpress.com/2010/09/05/a-visit-to-the-chinese-sex-museum/
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:28:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:36:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I lived in an HOA once. One day after living there for 4 years, a group of people knocked on my door. Said I was in violation of the HOA because I had 7 dogs and it said I could only have 4.

I told them the county allowed up to 25 dogs. Mine were behind a 6 ft fence and kept inside at night so they didn't bark and keep people awake.

Nope. I had to get rid of them. Then I showed them pictures of each of their houses and the number of violations they were committing. Also said that the covenants hadn't been enforced since I had lived there.

One last thing. If I refused they had to pay me fair market value of my house and land in 30 days.

That was the last time I ever heard about the HOA

Ed
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:51:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top