Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet your fun at parties.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Typical Arizona curmudgeon. LOL! West side is full of neighborhoods like that. I’ve seen mail boxes with crankshafts for posts. LOL! Classy!!
HAHA! West Side!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't think I have any sympathy for his neighbors.

Sounds like they brought it on themselves.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Typical Arizona curmudgeon. LOL! West side is full of neighborhoods like that. I’ve seen mail boxes with crankshafts for posts. LOL! Classy!!
I'm not following.  You do what with his fun at parties?  You bet it?  On what?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
What tha... I don't even...
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
YES!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm guessing he's a Trump voter, and his teacher neighbor's are Hillary voters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Expert level trolling right there. I bet you he's the only gun guy on the block.
I'm guessing he's a Trump voter, and his teacher neighbor's are Hillary voters.
20 year feud pre-dates Trump vs Hillary. And probably multiple changes in neighbors.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Expert level trolling right there. I bet you he's the only gun guy on the block.
View Quote
Is your point that "gun guy" can be assholes?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't think I have any sympathy for his neighbors.

Sounds like they brought it on themselves.
View Quote
What are odds that everyone else in the neighborhood over a span of 20 years are assholes and all ganged up on Mr. Leas?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Where could those statues be purchased?

I think one on each side of the driveway entrance would be sweet.
View Quote
Yep. Those need to be the official statue of arfcom.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He should plant some corn.

That'll show them.
View Quote
Corn would be good.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree the guy is probably an asshole.

Creating an HOA so you can then make up rules and impose them on someone else that didn't agree to them is NOT what an HOA was designed for.

The HOA loving guys always use the excuse that the neighbors agreed to the deed restrictions when they purchased the property. Well this guy didn't.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In before KenMack.
View Quote
Maybe, but not before kenmack.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If his house isn't deeded with the HOA, I don't think they can force him into the HOA ex post facto.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Lol Peoria.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What are odds that everyone else in the neighborhood over a span of 20 years are assholes and all ganged up on Mr. Leas?
View Quote
In a neighborhood like that?

Surrounded by teachers?

I'd say better then average.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow!  That needs to get entered into an art show.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#17]
HOA, will there be placards?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And people wonder why trailer trash should stay in the trailer park.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And people wonder why HOA's get so much hate.
And people wonder why trailer trash should stay in the trailer park.
/thread
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No HOA here, and IDGAF, what you do on or with your property.
View Quote
Yes and no.

Try selling your place when your neighbor is the neighborhood car and trash collector.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Surrounded by teachers?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surrounded by teachers?

There are multiple teachers in my subdivision - the asshole is a Social Worker for the county........
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Seems to me there are 2 options for them.... 1) Buy the "bad neighbor" out at a price he can't refuse or 2) Move.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There are multiple teachers in my subdivision - the asshole is a Social Worker for the county........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surrounded by teachers?

Teachers, social workers and the like are a pain in the ass for the most part. Yeah, there ARE a few exceptions, but as a whole they are a PITA. They will call the police on someone for nothing in a New York minute.

The general rules I use for calling the police are:
1. Something I can't (or am smart enough not to) handle.
2. It had better be something legitimate. A barking dog six blocks away isn't legitimate. A guy that didn't mow his lawn last week isn't legitimate.
3. There had better be a bona fide theft or some kind of genuine endangerment before I make a call.

The police are there to protect and serve. They are NOT there to be used as a tool so you can get your own way if you don't like the way your neighbor mowed their lawn.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Reminds me of an episode of The Partridge Family.

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Force him into an HOA?

LOL, that ain't gonna work.

Until he moves, or they move.. they are screwed.

No sympathy for the neighbors to be found here, either.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
maybe if they stopped fucking with him he would stop fucking back.
View Quote
This would seem to be an easy solution . But the neighbors can't seem to understand such a simple idea
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Down the road from me, there was a dispute regarding the height of a home being built. One party claimed the new house would ruin his view. He wanted the whole new house lowered by something like 3 feet. View guy lost. New build guy installed this vent:

New build guy said it was an "artistic cactus."
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No
View Quote
Not necessarily true.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#29]
You can't control what you do not own. Purchase accordingly.

If you select a residence in close proximity with other residences, you should expect that you will have to tolerate the occupants of those buildings.

You should also expect that others will like what you do not like.

If you feel triggered after reading this, see line one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Isn't this the same place where all the neighbors were butthurt about the lady driving around their shitty ass speed bumps?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What exactly is this guy doing that has the neighbors calling the cops on him all the time?

If he is just in a neighborhood full of yentas and he is tired of their shit and harassment for stupid crap then I am on his side.
If he is doing bad/illegal things then I can't say I blame them.

Having grown up in an HOA neighborhood and seen the petty power tripping crap that people are capable of, I am gonna give dude the benefit of the doubt.

I will never, ever own a home in an HOA neighborhood.

My neighbors have project cars, chickens, houses painted "unusual" colors, non code compliant sheds, motorhomes in their backyards, etc.
Doesn't move the needle on my give a fuck meter.

They don't give me shit about my stuff, I return the favor.
View Quote
Where does your neighborhood rank on the desirability scale for the area - how do property values compare to other parts of your area, how are the schools ranked, what size are the lots?

There are several guys with project cars in my neighborhood & plenty of RV's - they are usually parked behind gates and not eyesores.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fuckin A!! We have a communal mail box area in my non hoa neighborhood. But I have a pile of old engine parts I plan to weld together for front yard art
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly. He says the neighbors hate him and constantly call the cops. What did he do?  I'm thinking he's no Saint in this.  The cops probably have some great stories about this neighborhood.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#35]
That dude has to be a member here. Screen name
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Can you create a HOA after the fact if the homeowner didn't sign a CCR or deed restriction?
View Quote
Only with the homeowner consents and as evidenced by his signature.  Otherwise, he can tell them to FOAD.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Bought a house in an Atlanta suburb back in the mid-90's. Had the builder leave us samples of all the interior and exterior paint colors used. Five years later, the shitty-quality, builder-grade paint was fading and we took the original samples and had them scanned to get new paint. A week later, we get a letter from the HOA, saying that we didn't get their approval to repaint the house. I told the wife to not even respond, and we didn't. Through other neighbors on the Board, we told them: FOAD, it's the same color. Never heard from them again. I *hate* HOA's!
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That dude has to be a member here. Screen name
View Quote
Not fat enough to be a member here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A big ol middle finger ...

...based on the professions of his neighbors I (stereotypically) think I know what their problem is. Piss on them
View Quote
Yup, I know who's side I'm on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I agree the guy is probably an asshole.

Creating an HOA so you can then make up rules and impose them on someone else that didn't agree to them is NOT what an HOA was designed for.

The HOA loving guys always use the excuse that the neighbors agreed to the deed restrictions when they purchased the property. Well this guy didn't.
View Quote
This is the big clue about who is the asshole of this story.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And people wonder why HOA's get so much hate.
View Quote
Dude, I don't think ANYONE wonders...
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Force him into an HOA?

LOL, that ain't gonna work.

Until he moves, or they move.. they are screwed.

No sympathy for the neighbors to be found here, either.
View Quote
If I recall correctly in some states you can in fact be forced into one if enough of the neighbors agree to one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My neighborhood has a good HOA, and I'm glad I don't have most arfcommers as neighbors.
View Quote
My house was built about 130 years before the surrounding neighborhood went up so while I'm not in their HOA I benefit from it. Best of both worlds and after reading some of the HOA bitch threads I agree it's good not to have GD for a neighbor. Having said that in a few years when the kids are grown and I semi retire I'm selling this place, building a cabin on my 60 acres out in the boonies and having no neighbors.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Getting the cops called on you doesn't mean much. Getting arrested or ticketed does. I had the cops called on me today. They never even approached me as I hadn't done anything illegal. It was the case of the neighborhood busybody being a cunt.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Exactly. He says the neighbors hate him and constantly call the cops. What did he do?  I'm thinking he's no Saint in this.  The cops probably have some great stories about this neighborhood.
View Quote
They probably roll their eyes every time they get a call from the area. I'm wondering what started the feud in the first place. 20 years is a long time to hold a grudge.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Getting the cops called on you doesn't mean much. Getting arrested or ticketed does. I had the cops called on me today. They never even approached me as I hadn't done anything illegal. It was the case of the neighborhood busybody being a cunt.
View Quote
This is very true. I once had a neighbor that called the cops several times because a bird was building a nest on her motion detector light with sticks from my property.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Where could those statues be purchased?

I think one on each side of the driveway entrance would be sweet.
View Quote
lol... stand them facing each other to make your own Baghdad Victory Arch.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If his house isn't deeded with the HOA, I don't think they can force him into the HOA ex post facto.
View Quote
Nope

He can just laugh and tell them all to fuck off.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Our mailbox is in a cornmilling shaft
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Hmmm....hard to pass judgement without knowing more. My gut says the guy is an asshole, though.

He sounds just like a family that lives on my street: always whining the facebook group about being persecuted, how they just want to be friendly neighbors, etc. Yet, they have frequent loud parties until 3AM, ride dirtbikes and shoot guns in their yard at all hours of the night - just generally inconsiderate assholes. When their kids were caught egging houses and ringing/running, the dad said, "If you took the time to get to know the kids, they'd leave you alone."
Whenever the cops show up, the refrain is always the same: no one asked us to stop, we didn't know it was bothering anyone, we're just having fun, you're all busy bodies, and so on.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top