Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I give up, Your not getting it. No one including myself is going to try to answer a question you can fabricate an answer for to prove your point. It is playing straight into your hand even if we are right. Silliness. Now I will admit any mutt can be tough to identify. I just played this little game at the local humane society when I went to volunteer to foster a dog a few weeks ago. I was surprised by some of the results but some of those DNA tests can be so vague it's hard to say what the hell it really is. Regardless anything that even resembles a Pitt will not be in my house. 
View Quote
So you're acknowledging that there really isn't any way to actually identify the dogs y'all purport to hate based on appearance alone, but you're convinced that everything labeled a pit bull is absolutely a pit bull and if it doesn't look like what you think a pit bull looks like, it gets an automatic pass regardless of actual heritage?

All those "genetic instincts" just disappear if it doesn't look the part, but they're automatically present if it looks the part but doesn't actually carry any pit in it?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont like Pits but it used to break my heart the way these gangsters and illegals use them for fighting rings and then just discard them after they start losing or just get tired of being tortured.

And of course the first ones people would call would be us and I'd have to deal with this torn up, freezing, starving, abused animal some no good POS tormented for his short life. I dont care if the breed is is bred for aggression no animal really likes to fight. So these assholes would toss these tormented Pits out the car leaving the 'hood, and especially kids, in a lot of danger because these poor dogs are just a mess. I should have put a .45 thru everyone out of mercy but the media would hang "dog killer" on me even tho they get the needle automatically anyway if caught, which is rarely.

ANY pit brought in or turned in is put down immediately but that doesnt make a good enough headline. Only a twisted human being would torment a dog.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Oh what the hell. I'll say it. I didn't see a "Pit Bull" in that vid anywhere.
View Quote
The little dog didn't look anymore like a pit bull than the lab.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We responded to a burglary last week. Neighbor was watching the house for the owners and wasn't sure why the lights in the house were left on.

Only being we found inside was a big ole bully breed (likely American Bulldog mix). He sounded scary from upstairs and was blocked in a room by a flimsy baby gate. Was nice as can be and boy did he have a giant head. I had to pet him.

No shots fired.
View Quote
Fail.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Pitbulls are muslims
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like one pitbull attacking another, with an old guy and JRT lying on top for a brief moment.  Status: undisturbed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Why do half the people in this thread think they could have safely got a shot off without the possibility of injuring someone on a skinny dock full of people?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So you're acknowledging that there really isn't any way to actually identify the dogs y'all purport to hate based on appearance alone, but you're convinced that everything labeled a pit bull is absolutely a pit bull and if it doesn't look like what you think a pit bull looks like, it gets an automatic pass regardless of actual heritage?

All those "genetic instincts" just disappear if it doesn't look the part, but they're automatically present if it looks the part but doesn't actually carry any pit in it?
View Quote
Yup I acknowledge that none of us haters can tell a Pekingese from an Irish Wolfhound. Now let's move past your little game of semantics. Nobody buys the "it's not a Pit, it's an American blah, blah, blah blah, terrier/mix BS". Not all "pit", "pit/mixes" look the same, whatever we get it. 

Now please explain the statistics posted a while back. 
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yup I acknowledge that none of us haters can tell a Pekingese from an Irish Wolfhound. Now let's move past your little game of semantics. Nobody buys the "it's not a Pit, it's an American blah, blah, blah blah, terrier/mix BS". Not all "pit", "pit/mixes" look the same, whatever we get it. 

View Quote
There are a shit ton of breeds mixed with dogs that resemble pit bulls, thus are labeled as pit bulls. They don't do genetic testing after a dog bite/attack.   A dog that loosely resembles a pit, even though it has no pit, will be called a pit bull in a report. That's the bottom line.

Now go hang out with your cat at your parents basement.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why do half the people in this thread think they could have safely got a shot off without the possibility of injuring someone on a skinny dock full of people?
View Quote
They are too much of a Nancy to do it anyway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Animals are much stronger pound for pound and many times faster than people are. We also live in a very peaceful society, where people (usually out of shape) typically aren't living on edge and mentally ready for violence at any time. The few seconds it takes someone to react can be critical, especially for fights that start in close proximity, with animals that latch on.

I mean I know you are a sheepdog walking around with perfect training/instincts, a fat wallet, trained GSD, supermodel wife, 87 weapons, and body armor, ready for a fight to the death at the first indicator of trouble. I guess you are just 87X better than the average American. Thanks for gracing us little people with your badass presence on this forum.

The rest of us would be lucky to get a few strikes/stabs/shots in before serious injuries are dished out.
View Quote
Thanks for telling us how much of a pussy you are. If you cannot win a fight against a 60lbs animal as a full-grown human male of 200lbs, you're indeed a little person that needs protection by us "sheepdogs".
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My best friends daughter lost vision in one eye, had half her scalp detached from her head and very nearly died after his step-moms "wouldn't hurt a fly" Pit had a bad day. 
View Quote
I also have a friend who's 2.5 yr old daughter was attacked by a family member's pitbull just sitting there in the house. Ripped her face off.  Same type of damage.  Not all pits are bad but the ones who go rogue have lots of potential to do massive damage.  If one attacks me or my dog, its going down via any means necessary without hesitation. Not even a tiny F given.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#13]
In this thread I learned that pitbulls are the only dog in all of doggiedom that have no instincts whatsoever.   They do exactly what their owners tell them to do unlike any retriever, pointer, or herding dog that carry natural born instincts.   They are they artists clay of the dog world just needing the touch of their owners.

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#14]
CSB time:

I took my Cocker Spaniel to the vet today for his checkup and shots, with my boy in tow. It was a parade of animals: two cats in crates, Dachshunds, two beautiful Labs, one golden and one black, a couple Schnauzers, and what I think was a Pekingese. Oh, and two Pits. The Pit puppy was brought in by its owner rocking a chest harness and a chain leash, and the adult Pit was brought in by its owner on a choker collar with what looked to be a Paracord leash. While waiting for the vet, my dog said hello to the Labs, then sat with me, the black Lab laid down and chilled, the golden kept saying hello, the Dachshund went straight to the kennels, the Schnauzers and Pek slept. The Pit pup was constantly pulled back from lunging at other dogs by its owner and the adult Pit's owner kept a hold on its leash and an arm around its torso, restraining it, for the 30 minutes we were waiting.

Put me in the list of those who don't trust Pits, along with two of their owners.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The hell they dont!

Ill skip to my most unchallengeable point. Ive raised generations of border collies and every single one of them knows how to herd things and they are damn good at it right out of the box. Had a few labs too and, once again, they all love swimming without being told to do so. Never owned a pitt but the wifes family raised chows and can testify that some breeds can be set off on a killing spree with very little or with strange provocation. A sudden movement can trigger a deeply rooted need to attack what the dogs instinct saw as a weakness or attempt to flee. Hell, even house cats can be seen taking advantage of an exposed vulnerability even if they are just playing.

Was about to hit submit when I noticed just how ridiculous your post was and finally realized what you were doing.
Im going to submit anyway. Tapped it out, may as well post my inability to catch the joke.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
My exercise was part of it.

A full explanation involves a lot more factors, and if you're actually interested, here's a quick run down:

1. Lots of misidentification which is never corrected. If it sort of looks the part, it's labeled as such and no one bothers to look further.
2. It's the only "breed" which actually encompasses multiple breeds and all mutts assumed to be partly made up of those breeds.
3. Crappy owners. This includes the thugs and abusers and trailer trash, but also the people who never bother to train and socialize their dogs and those who get a "rescue" dog and immediately treat it like a well-known, 100% trustworthy housepet. A lot of the owners aren't fit to own a goldfish, much less a pit bull.
4. Complete ignorance of dog behavior in the general populace. No, the dog with the waggy tail isn't always happy to see you, and letting your kid run up to a strange dog and big it is idiotic at best.
5. People doing no research into the dog they're getting and ending up with more dog than they can handle. There is no doubt that the vast majority of pits are energetic dogs with a higher prey drive and can have a tendency toward dog aggression. None of those traits make them "bad" dogs, but in the hands of an owner who can not or does not manage and control them, they can spell trouble. Numerous other breeds have those traits, but they aren't nearly as common and tend to have owners who know how to manage them.

Add all that up, and you get those numbers. No one denies that the breed (or group of breeds and mutts, as the case may be) has certain traits. Most breeds are created with a purpose in mind, and the actual pit bull was a general farm dog repurposed into a gladiator, much like the German Shepherd was a herding dog that's been repurposed into a K9/protection type dog. The idea that this particular breed (or group of breeds and mutts, as the case may be) is universally "bad" because of those traits, but other breeds with those traits aren't "bad" is narrow-minded and looking at the wrong end of the leash.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks for telling us how much of a pussy you are. If you cannot win a fight against a 60lbs animal as a full-grown human male of 200lbs, you're indeed a little person that needs protection by us "sheepdogs".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Animals are much stronger pound for pound and many times faster than people are. We also live in a very peaceful society, where people (usually out of shape) typically aren't living on edge and mentally ready for violence at any time. The few seconds it takes someone to react can be critical, especially for fights that start in close proximity, with animals that latch on.

I mean I know you are a sheepdog walking around with perfect training/instincts, a fat wallet, trained GSD, supermodel wife, 87 weapons, and body armor, ready for a fight to the death at the first indicator of trouble. I guess you are just 87X better than the average American. Thanks for gracing us little people with your badass presence on this forum.

The rest of us would be lucky to get a few strikes/stabs/shots in before serious injuries are dished out.

New Jersey...Living up to negative stereotypes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
CSB time:

I took my Cocker Spaniel to the vet today for his checkup and shots, with my boy in tow. It was a parade of animals: two cats in crates, Dachshunds, two beautiful Labs, one golden and one black, a couple Schnauzers, and what I think was a Pekingese. Oh, and two Pits. The Pit puppy was brought in by its owner rocking a chest harness and a chain leash, and the adult Pit was brought in by its owner on a choker collar with what looked to be a Paracord leash. While waiting for the vet, my dog said hello to the Labs, then sat with me, the black Lab laid down and chilled, the golden kept saying hello, the Dachshund went straight to the kennels, the Schnauzers and Pek slept. The Pit pup was constantly pulled back from lunging at other dogs by its owner and the adult Pit's owner kept a hold on its leash and an arm around its torso, restraining it, for the 30 minutes we were waiting.

Put me in the list of those who don't trust Pits, along with two of their owners.
View Quote
Oh my god!  A puppy that wants to greet other puppies and an owner that is keeping his dogs close!  The horror!  I certainly understand how you are scarred for life after that experience.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Leave it to the Jack Russell to get the shit rolling....lol
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
He isn't wrong. There is zero reason a healthy adult male shouldn't be able to fend off a pit bull in a known one on one encounter in an open space.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Leave it to the Jack Russell to get the shit rolling....lol
View Quote
That was going to be my first reply,  but the dog everyone is calling a pit has no leash or handler, so regardless of the instigator, it's impossible to take the "pits" side.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He isn't wrong. There is zero reason a healthy adult male shouldn't be able to fend off a pit bull in a known one on one encounter in an open space.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where's that "We've got us some badasses" meme?

A guy I know was attacked by a pit and had his calf muscle ripped out on the initial attack. I guess his ground & pound game was sub-par , because after that he was lucky he lived. The police showed up and blasted the beasts hindquarters into pieces with a shotgun, and the thing was still trying to attack. A second shot to the lungs ended it. You guys who are bragging about how easy it is to defeat a marauding pit bull are seriously underestimating their strength & tenacity, and overestimating your own. 
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except none of that applies to what happened in the video or anything in my post.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

A guy I know was attacked by a pit and had his calf muscle ripped out on the initial attack. I guess his ground & pound game was sub-par , because after that he was lucky he lived. The police showed up and blasted the beasts hindquarters into pieces with a shotgun, and the thing was still trying to attack. A second shot to the lungs ended it. You guys who are bragging about how easy it is to defeat a marauding pit bull are seriously underestimating their strength & tenacity, and overestimating your own. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're dealing with liars and basement dwellers raised on xbox and playstation.  You are wasting your time.  And one idiot comparing body mass as a measure of taking down a dog.  Like a single lion can't take down an animal twice it's size.  I guess a 200 lb man can totally destroy a 175 mountain lion.  Like I said, delusional liars.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#25]
This is why I wear TWO Talons. Animal gets close enough to attach one of my arms, I have a Talon to grab for each arm - game over for the animal.
I do not understand becoming the victim of an attack.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Benchmade...deployed...bury the first hit to the spine...then disembowel it with the second.

Or, better yet, fire until slide stop, reload, repeat.
View Quote
take the owner and the dog, put them in a cage soak em in gasoline and set them on fire!

or put em in a cage and throw the cage in the bay

or throw the dog and and the owner off a ten story building.

record the action and put in youtube or hippity-hoppity-nation.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You want a Kershaw Leek in your neck?

Cause that's how you get a Kershaw Leek in your neck.
View Quote
HE LEEKIN YO
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think anyone cares about your pictures. Most of us know a "pit" when we see one. The barrel chest, the skull structure, the way the legs are structured all give hints to a mutts genetics. I live in a ghetto city so I see plenty of them, the trash house down the street from my dad used to breed them and they liked to get out and roam. There were a few times they almost got shot.

Some dogs are more prone to violent attacks than others and "pits" are one of those, but we all know that's not a trait exclusive to them. The one time my dog was attacked it was some shaggy sheep dog St Bernard looking dog that did it. It's lucky it didn't try to attack my mom who kicked it off my JRT during their walk or come me after me when I walked down there with my 1911. The cops did the same thing when they showed up, only with an 1187.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I was just at a friend's house a few days ago and saw the aftermath of a pit visitation.  They had to take their kid to the ER because their neighbor brought his pit over while the kids were playing in the yard.  The neighbor in question is fairly typical of the type who have pitbulls for all the wrong reasons and fail to train them properly, then their dog "just attacked for no reason, it would never hurt a fly...".  You know, police hating, neck tattoo, generally trashy types.

I am always wary around pits, been around dogs my whole life and I know that even the best trained dog can go off.  When a large breed dog built for mayhem goes off someone is going to get fucking hurt, and that is the problem.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We have already learned statistics are racist....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Defend this.....

2016 dog bite fatality statistics
31 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2016. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 900 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 71% (22) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6% of the total U.S. dog population.2
Together, pit bulls (22) and rottweilers (2), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 77% of the total recorded deaths in 2016. This same combination also accounted for 76% of all fatal attacks during the 12-year period of 2005 to 2016.
The breakdown between these two breeds is substantial over this 12-year period. From 2005 to 2016, pit bulls killed 254 Americans, about one citizen every 17 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 43, a citizen every 102 days
We have already learned statistics are racist....
Sound familiar.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#32]
My fat faggot cousin has a hard on for pits. Apparently via my mom his new one just tackled my 8year old second cousin and scratched her back up earlier this week. His last pit almost tore his finger off when it got into a fight with his neighbors dog and he tried to pull them apart. That one got ran over eventually.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:29:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I don't think anyone cares about your pictures. Most of us know a "pit" when we see one. The barrel chest, the skull structure, the way the legs are structured all give hints to a mutts genetics.
View Quote
It's become very apparent that no one actually cares about verifiable facts, just their own opinions and conjecture. The point of the exercise, which none of the haters chose to even attempt, is that appearance is a very poor way to judge a mutt's genetic make-up. "I just know it when I see it" doesn't work. The "instincts" and "genetics" aren't based on appearance. They don't magically appear if a dog looks the part but is a boxer/pointer mix. They don't magically disappear if the dog looks like a shepherd mix. And claiming that 30+ breeds and the various permutations and mixes thereof are all just one breed, really, is like claiming all "gun violence" is the same and including police encounters, suicides, and accidents to artificially inflate the numbers.

The "breed" isn't as violent and broken as people believe, and almost 100% of the issues are owned related. People want this nice, easy solution (oh, if we just got rid of those, everything will be fine), but that's not how the world works. You have to address the actual causes of the problem, which is much more difficult.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll play. I would guess 2 or 3. That said, I also wouldn't have called any of those pit bulls or ast's, so your point isn't as valid as you may be trying to make. I also don't think that they should all be put down, but owners should be responsible for their AST or PBT if it attacks. Full disclosure my dog was bit by one a couple of months ago and it is a pit bought from a reputable breeder and trained, lives with two children too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
She won't attempt to explain the statistics because she will lose control over the little game she is playing. People like this don't like fact based statistics and they would rather play a game where they can lie and fabricate results to advance their point of view.  

This is the equivalent of her game....

Can you tell me which pill has aspirin in it? WELL CAN YOU!?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I can tell you whatever I want you to believe about the aspirin and you have no way of validating what I am saying so I win every time.

Facts PROVE pit bulls are aggressive and dangerous dogs. Trailer parks in Alabama PROVE white trash with bad tattoos own pit bulls. I never see a pit bull jumping out of a minivan at the local dog park. I DO see inbred, toothless trash with cutoff t shirts proudly walking their penis extension pit bulls around.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Would you like to know how I know that you have NEVER had a 60lb animal attack you?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's become very apparent that no one actually cares about verifiable facts, just their own opinions and conjecture. The point of the exercise, which none of the haters chose to even attempt, is that appearance is a very poor way to judge a mutt's genetic make-up. "I just know it when I see it" doesn't work. The "instincts" and "genetics" aren't based on appearance. They don't magically appear if a dog looks the part but is a boxer/pointer mix. They don't magically disappear if the dog looks like a shepherd mix. And claiming that 30+ breeds and the various permutations and mixes thereof are all just one breed, really, is like claiming all "gun violence" is the same and including police encounters, suicides, and accidents to artificially inflate the numbers.

The "breed" isn't as violent and broken as people believe, and almost 100% of the issues are owned related. People want this nice, easy solution (oh, if we just got rid of those, everything will be fine), but that's not how the world works. You have to address the actual causes of the problem, which is much more difficult.
View Quote
WRONG! There have been 2 or 3 people guess at your little control game and you have yet to disclose which one has pit in it.
I had to LOL at this, "It's become very apparent that no one actually cares about verifiable facts, just their own opinions and conjecture."

Statistics don't lie. Pit Bulls are the most dangerous breed of dog in the US. Furthermore, Pit Bulls only make up 6% of the dog population but account for over 70% of the deaths caused by dog attacks. These are just deaths, shall I pull statistics for maulings  that didn't lead to death?

And this, "almost 100% of the issues are owned related" LOL LOL

I bet EVERY owner in the statistics I posted said one of these after the MAULING DEATH occurred,
"I can't believe he/ she did that!"
"Fido has never growled or shown any signs of aggression!"
"It must be the dead child's fault because sudden movement scared Fido"
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Naamah:  Which one is part pit bull for god's sake!!??
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Would you like to know how I know that you have NEVER had a 60lb animal attack you?
View Quote
Maybe he has?  I have been attacked by a roughly 70# pit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'll play. I would guess 2 or 3. That said, I also wouldn't have called any of those pit bulls or ast's, so your point isn't as valid as you may be trying to make. I also don't think that they should all be put down, but owners should be responsible for their AST or PBT if it attacks. Full disclosure my dog was bit by one a couple of months ago and it is a pit bought from a reputable breeder and trained, lives with two children too.
View Quote
1, 2, and 4 all tested positive for "pit bull" DNA. #3 did not. And you wouldn't have called them pit bulls because they don't really look like it, although #3 was quite often mistaken for one, including by the people who listed her breed at the animal shelter. My point was that appearance and breed make up aren't necessarily as closely linked as many assume. Dogs get misidentified as pit bulls all the time. And dogs who actually are part pit bull aren't identified as such because they don't look like one. If "statistics" are based on appearance (and they are), they will necessarily, inherently be skewed and incorrect. Ergo, any conclusions drawn from said "statistics" will also be skewed and incorrect.

And the info for the dogs is here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

WRONG! There have been 2 or 3 people guess at your little control game and you have yet to disclose which one has pit in it.
I had to LOL at this, "It's become very apparent that no one actually cares about verifiable facts, just their own opinions and conjecture."

Statistics don't lie. Pit Bulls are the most dangerous breed of dog in the US. Furthermore, Pit Bulls only make up 6% of the dog population but account for over 70% of the deaths caused by dog attacks. These are just deaths, shall I pull statistics for maulings  that didn't lead to death?

I bet EVERY owner in the statistics I posted said one of these after the MAULING DEATH occurred,
View Quote
Mixed breeds, pit bull mix or not, are far too often thrown in to the APBT breed as a statistic.  It's pretty simple.  Mixed/unrecognized breeds make up a large percentage of the dumb adopt don't shop crowd that encourages backyard breeding and poor pregnancy prevention.  "Pit Bull" is a general term for a dog that resembles anything pit.  Of course the stats are going to be unusually high as it's a way higher number than the 6% used for the APBT breed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Pick up all dogs and toss in water.. How many Mfers walk their dog on a pier that small any way?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
A handful of people guessed, yes. None of the staunch "kill 'me all" crowd, though.

And yes, statistics lie all the time. They can be manipulated all sorts of ways. Or do you also believe in global warming statistics, rape statistics, and gun violence statistics?

As to your final little jab, you prove my point. If an owner is entirely unaware of the signals their dog has been giving, it is absolutely the owner's fault. If a dog is running around loose, it is absolutely the owner's fault. If a dog is untrained or unsocialized, it is absolutely the owner's fault. If a dog is left unsupervised around children, it is absolutely the owner's fault. Who else's fault is it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Naamah:  Which one is part pit bull for god's sake!!??
View Quote
There are 3 of them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
What really disturbs me in these threads are the people that come out with the violent killing fantasies if they were just given the chance to justify it. Almost glee at gruesome dispatching scenerios. Slitting the dogs throat with a benchmade or bashing their head in with a baseball bat. People need to have yourself checked if that's where your mind goes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Sadly, nothing new.

Pit owners are lazy.

None can complain when you put their dog down though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Maybe he has?  I have been attacked by a roughly 70# pit.
View Quote
ok
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There are 3 of them.
View Quote
I saw your answer.........my guess was one of the wrong ones.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
1, 2, and 4 all tested positive for "pit bull" DNA. #3 did not. And you wouldn't have called them pit bulls because they don't really look like it, although #3 was quite often mistaken for one, including by the people who listed her breed at the animal shelter. My point was that appearance and breed make up aren't necessarily as closely linked as many assume. Dogs get misidentified as pit bulls all the time. And dogs who actually are part pit bull aren't identified as such because they don't look like one. If "statistics" are based on appearance (and they are), they will necessarily, inherently be skewed and incorrect. Ergo, any conclusions drawn from said "statistics" will also be skewed and incorrect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I can agree to a certain point when you put every and all mutts in the picture (not the four pics posted just in general). And before I say this I will state again I am not a Pitt hater, just know what type of dog you have, but...
You put mutts into play, what about straight up AST's or PBT's? I have a 100% Samoyed. I can trace lines, his grandfather won breed at Westminster. He placed at the Samoyed National. No mistaking him for anything but a Sammy if you know of the breed. I can tell one pure bred dog breed from another. So the dog that bit mine was a PBT, there are a lot of dogs that have gone after my intact (never bred) male. I won't say it was just because he was a PBT. It was many factors. My MIL was walking my dog at the time, it probably doesn't happen at all if I am. But playing the DNA game is somewhat silly. Look at what breeds were intermingled to make a PBT. How many of those were listed in all the dogs you pictured. Picking 4 mutts and playing the guess the DNA game with 4 non PBT looking Mutts is like every person that is 1/64th Cherokee. Find me 4 dogs that actually could be mistaken for pure bred PBT's and then look at the common DNA between those. I'll bet the outcome of the game changes quite a bit.

Edit for clarity.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pit Kills adult male

Guy must have been a pussy, huh itstock?

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top