User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A dreamer is an illegal who Obama allowed to stay here via exec order.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a "dreamer" is like a green card holder, how are they criminals by default? 
Obama did not issue an Executive Order. It was a memo.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Simple fact. White Americans are not reproducing at a rate that can sustain future Social Security and other entitlements.

GOP and democrats are not going to do anything, just stall for time.

As time is not on your side.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OP's link has nothing about immigration, only a slanted report about Trump's polling from the Chicago Tribune.

Rasmussen has Trump at just over 50% approval, which is about where GHW Bush and Clinton averaged at the 100 day+ point of their first term.
View Quote
Breitbart:

Trump OKs DACA Amnesty: ‘This Is a Case of Heart’

Illegal aliens who crossed the border as children don’t have to worry about being sent home, President Donald Trump told the Associated Press in a Friday interview.

Illegals enrolled in the President Barack Obama’s “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals” DACA program can “rest easy,” Trump said, because “this is a case of heart.”

Federal enforcement agencies are “not [going] after the ‘dreamers,’ we are after the criminals,” he said, using the Democrats’ ‘dreamer’ euphemism for young illegal immigrants. “That is our policy,” he added.

Since his inauguration, Trump’s deputies at the Department of Homeland Security have awarded new work permits to illegals who claim they arrived before age 16, despite Trump’s “Buy American, Hire American” slogan.

Trump’s support for the DACA program is one of his biggest “flip-flops,” said Mark Krikorian, director of the Center for Immigration Studies. “During the campaign, now-President Trump had said he was going to end that on day one because it’s an unconstitutional action by the president,” Krikorian told Breitbart News Daily SiriusXM host Alex Marlow on Friday. Krikorian continued:

And of course he’s right, it’s illegal. And they’ve done nothing to it. They’ve done absolutely nothing.”
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Breitbart:

Illegal aliens who crossed the border as children don’t have to worry about being sent home, President Donald Trump told the Associated Press in a Friday interview.

Illegals enrolled in the President Barack Obama’s “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals” DACA program can “rest easy,” Trump said, because “this is a case of heart.”

Federal enforcement agencies are “not [going] after the ‘dreamers,’ we are after the criminals,” he said, using the Democrats’ ‘dreamer’ euphemism for young illegal immigrants. “That is our policy,” he added.

Since his inauguration, Trump’s deputies at the Department of Homeland Security have awarded new work permits to illegals who claim they arrived before age 16, despite Trump’s “Buy American, Hire American” slogan.

Trump’s support for the DACA program is one of his biggest “flip-flops,” said Mark Krikorian, director of the Center for Immigration Studies. “During the campaign, now-President Trump had said he was going to end that on day one because it’s an unconstitutional action by the president,” Krikorian told Breitbart News Daily SiriusXM host Alex Marlow on Friday. Krikorian continued:

And of course he’s right, it’s illegal. And they’ve done nothing to it. They’ve done absolutely nothing.”
View Quote
So, according to Trump illegally coming here is an ACT OF LOVE?
Hmm, where have I heard that before?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Breitbart:

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
LOL
View Quote
I know.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah they should rest easy....somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I have less issue with anchor babies born here as political pawns than I do with illegals committing crime if any kind, including ss theft, insurance fraud, tax evasion, welfare fraud etc.

Given we can't deport everyone at once, I'm fine with them starting with the criminals
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Calling forum members "fuckwits" is a sure way to have a rational discussion, naturally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a single fuckwit willing to try to explain this away, eh?

LOL!
Calling forum members "fuckwits" is a sure way to have a rational discussion, naturally.
I am quite sure aimless will be quick to handle this.

Oh wait
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
How this was done, by EO like many other things, is the problem we face.  Rather than declare that they will be sent out of the country with the parents who brought them here illegally OR work with Congress to give them an actual path to citizenship Obama kicked the can down the road in true Democrat fashion so that someone who actually wants to handle the issue now has to be the bad guy one way or another.

Personally, as long as they are working, in school, no felonies then give them a path to citizenship.  It gives the current administration a compassionate air that will attract marginal voters AND hispanics who are fence-sitters.  Those who are felons still get to go back to the country of their birth and deal with the consequences of their actions.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have less issue with anchor babies born here as political pawns than I do with illegals committing crime if any kind, including ss theft, insurance fraud, tax evasion, welfare fraud etc.

Given we can't deport everyone at once, I'm fine with them starting with the criminals
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The issue is with the separation of powers and the constitutionality regarding the executive to allow for less restrictions on immigration than the numbers set by congress.

"Congress is perhaps most to blame, however, since the legislative body did nothing to prevent this usurpation of its authority over immigration, having done nothing in 2012 to stop the original DACA amnesty. Some House Republicans have since filed a brief in the Supreme Court in opposition to DAPA and the extended version of DACA; some Democrats have filed a brief in support of Obama's unilateral actions. But the original DACA is going unchallenged.

All members of Congress — even those who support the underlying goal of DACA — should not be so quick to cede their authority to the executive branch. A different president may use this authority to advance a very different policy in the future (have Democrats not read the immigration platform of a Donald J. Trump?).

Basically, if the Supreme Court makes no effort to rein in the Obama administration, future immigration policy will largely be decreed by the executive. Voters will have little reason to spend much time contemplating the immigration positions of congressional candidates. In fact, congressional candidates will likely start to avoid the issue — protesting that it's out of their hands — and immigration debates will only take place every four years.

On top of this, the process of creating immigration policy within the White House will likely become even more unresponsive to the people. Currently, big policy changes within administrative law must go through a notice-and-comment process which allows the public to provide feedback and presumably influence the policy before it goes into effect. (Congress created the Administrative Procedure Act decades ago to make sure that the White House would be responsive to the public.)

A key argument of the states suing the Obama administration is that DAPA and the extended DACA never went through this process. If the policies are allowed to stand, it would be a huge incentive for the executive branch to conduct more sweeping policy changes through memos rather than through the administrative process."

But no one seems to give a shit about that around here...
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How this was done, by EO like many other things, is the problem we face.  Rather than declare that they will be sent out of the country with the parents who brought them here illegally OR work with Congress to give them an actual path to citizenship Obama kicked the can down the road in true Democrat fashion so that someone who actually wants to handle the issue now has to be the bad guy one way or another.

Personally, as long as they are working, in school, no felonies then give them a path to citizenship.  It gives the current administration a compassionate air that will attract marginal voters AND hispanics who are fence-sitters.  Those who are felons still get to go back to the country of their birth and deal with the consequences of their actions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was not done, nor continuing to be done, by an Executive Order. It is exists because of a memo, which is continuing to unlawfully set immigration policy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dozens of Trump threads but don't recall ever seeing a thread about Obama.
View Quote
I think OP liked Obama and loved Hillary.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh wait
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

Oh wait
Lol this
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LOL!
View Quote
Looking to elicit a negative response, eh?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lol this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

Oh wait
Lol this
I'm just breaking his balls a bit, all in good fun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Pretty simple that a 3rd grader can understand. The priority for ICE is to concentrate their efforts on criminal deportable aliens. President Trump also stated that he is the Law and Order President. If ICE agents accidentally come across some illegal or deportable legal aliens that are non-criminals, they will still enforce the law and apprehend them. He never said he would order ICE agents to ignore the law. The same for so-called "Obama dreamers." If they violate the requisites of their status they will be placed in deportation proceedings as well. ICE agents will not be looking for non-criminal aliens as their priority. How difficult is that for any child to comprehend? Apparently it is pretty difficult for many immature people to comprehend based on many comments being proffered to the contrary.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They're ALL criminals, Mr. President.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh wait
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

Oh wait
Shit, calling people 'potheads' got Paul's attention, but fuckwit is OK.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top