User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
JJ for the win.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw the LAST four laps at work.  "Boom confetti" carries a long way in an quiet office
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw the LAST four laps at work.  "Boom confetti" carries a long way in an quiet office
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
NASCAR Fantasy ---- 1st place

Fox Fantasy ------  Dead Last

And so everyone knows, I am actively winning no points on the NASCAR Streak.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well I'm home with Ewok Lover today so I get to watch.  

So...  In!  Go Matt.  

And Slims, thanks for making her picks.  Looks like she left you a message on the fox comment section while she was high on oxy and valium.  
View Quote
I'll chalk her calling me Slimes up to the meds.

How's she feeling today? Did she stay awake for the race?

If Blaney hadn't had car issues, she would have finished better than 5th. Some shit you just can't predict.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Big thank you to Yarael for texting me race updates while I was at work today. I was able to keep up with everything major going on, so it definitely made the day go quicker.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Bowyer with a second place.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Missed it all, may try to catch a replay somewhere. Or just look for highlights on youtube. Jr had another bad race I see.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
78 missing a lug nut. Probably a 10K fine. All pass post race inspection.
https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/856627864774553601
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
So, your average is right about mid-pack.
Just like Danica
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just like Danica
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like Danica
Oh snap, this isn't the Fantasy Shit talking thread, but that was a damn good burn.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:15:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just like Danica
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like Danica
She has an ass, I just am an ass
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#14]
First time I've not watched at least a few laps of a Bristol race in at least 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Jr announced he is retiring at the end of the 2017 season.
NASCAR and fans in a full blown panic.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/dale-earnhardt-jr-to-retire-after-the-2017-season-042517
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/dale-earnhardt-jr-to-retire-after-the-2017-season-042517
View Quote
Can't say I'm that surprised.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder who is going to take over.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#18]
How much longer does Matt plan on driving?
Or has he said?
Not trying to stir up a hornets nest, serious question.

Of course this is a natural evolution, but it's a lot different today compared to when the sport enjoyed much greater success in the past.

We need more Blaneys, Elliots, Larsons, etc.  
And we need them pretty darn quick
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Or has he said?

Of course this is a natural evolution, but it's a lot different today compared to when the sport enjoyed much greater success in the past.

View Quote
He said last week during the Circle K presser he had no plans to retire anytime soon.
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/16/12513166/matt-kenseth-not-considering-retirement-unsure-of-future-with-joe-gibbs-racing

I'll start the rumor now..........Kenseth to the 5.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Want to bet he and Amy found out she was prego and they didnt want the possibility of concussions again?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Or has he said?

View Quote
I bet he leaves in the next 2 years. I agree with you about what we need.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#22]
NBCSN website is carrying the announcement
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Jr is done at the end of this season. Can't really I'm surprised. He hasn't had that great of a career to begin with.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Jr is done at the end of this season. Can't really I'm surprised. He hasn't had that great of a career to begin with.
View Quote
I find it funny how 26 victories, a pair of Daytona 500 wins, 25% of all races finishing in the top five, and 29th on the all time wins list (all eras) would be considered a fantastic career for anyone who isn't named Dale Earnhardt.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I find it funny how 26 victories, a pair of Daytona 500 wins, 25% of all races finishing in the top five, and 29th on the all time wins list (all eras) would be considered a fantastic career for anyone who isn't named Dale Earnhardt.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep

Ricky Rudd, Terry Labonte, Jeff Burton, Bobby Labonte, Benny Parsons are all below him on the win list.  

But that empty place in the trophy case for his Winston (by God) Cup is huge.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I had no idea today's "old guard" started about the same time.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/04/25/dale-earnhardt-jr-s-departure-will-be-first-among-group-that-changed-nascar/

The replacement rumor mill has already started. Matt and Lawson's contracts are up at the end of the year. Target will more than likely pull out after the season. JJ's contract is up but we know he isn't going anywhere. Carl is still lurking.
Hendricks could bring back the 25 and rest the 88. Silly Season this year will be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/04/25/dale-earnhardt-jr-s-departure-will-be-first-among-group-that-changed-nascar/

The replacement rumor mill has already started. Matt and Lawson's contracts are up at the end of the year. Target will more than likely pull out after the season. JJ's contract is up but we know he isn't going anywhere. Carl is still lurking.
Hendricks could bring back the 25 and rest the 88. Silly Season this year will be interesting.
View Quote
Isn't Chip Ganassi stil the owner of the 42?   He sits on the board of Target, that sponsorship isn't going anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Or has he said?

View Quote
I won't be surprised if Matt retires in the next few years. He's the oldest full time driver in the Cup series, so if history is an indicator, he won't be around much longer. Of course, with a good team like JGR, and consistently still being a top driver, he might stick around longer than some expect.

Erik Jones is my up and coming rookie that I really like. Larson is damn fun to watch and cheer for, and Elliot is growing on me this season. He beat himself too much last year as a rookie, and even though he's got the talent, I think he was expecting too much as a rookie. I really like how Jones is quiet, and a tough competitor posting great results, and doesn't beat himself up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I wonder who is going to take over.
View Quote
I'm good with Jones moving from Furniture Row back into a JGR #20 car like he was in Xfinity.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
He didn't finish 25% of his cup races in the top 5. He was a great driver at one time. He has lost the drive he once had. I like him. I wish him well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He didn't finish 25% of his cup races in the top 5. He was a great driver at one time. He has lost the drive he once had. I like him. I wish him well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You're right. I rounded up. At this moment he has finished 24.7% of all points cup races in the top five.

Quoted:

I don't see how it'll be anyone but Alex Bowman.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Dale Jr had a great run, envied by even his most level-headed detractors.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Isn't Chip Ganassi stil the owner of the 42?   He sits on the board of Target, that sponsorship isn't going anywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Target is having financial trouble right now. Their stance on firearms in the store and their stance on transgender bathrooms has put a big hurt on the bottom line. He couldn't keep them from pulling out of Indy car last year.  If Hendricks can keep the 88 sponsors on board then money whip Lawson anything is possible. Also, I think if he doesn't run the 42 it goes back to Petty but I can't back that up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Some interesting comments.  Jr. and his Dad must have had an odd relationship. Scroll down through all of the articles.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/04/25/dale-earnhardt-jr-dad-would-have-been-proud-of-my-career-video/
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You're right. I rounded up. At this moment he has finished 24.7% of all points cup races in the top five.

I don't see how it'll be anyone but Alex Bowman.
View Quote
Bowman was a great fill in driver last year. I enjoyed watching him last year quite a bit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Big thank you to Yarael for texting me race updates while I was at work today. I was able to keep up with everything major going on, so it definitely made the day go quicker.
View Quote
NP I wasn't doing anything else but watching the race and playing a game.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Seems like this is never going to end but this story has some information I hadn't seen before.
Someone needs to have a talk with the headline writer. Bias much?

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/sports/2017/04/nascar_legend_tony_stewart_why_i_gunned_engine_before_killing_racer_kevin_ward_j.html
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Seems like this is never going to end but this story has some information I hadn't seen before.
Someone needs to have a talk with the headline writer. Bias much?

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/sports/2017/04/nascar_legend_tony_stewart_why_i_gunned_engine_before_killing_racer_kevin_ward_j.html
View Quote
That family needs to just stop.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#40]
No radioactive from fox sports this week?

ETA  Jumped the gun a little, see below

Radioactive: Bristol - "Why am I smoking?" | NASCAR RACE HUB
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#41]
New thread isn't up yet so here is Cowhat's guaranteed qualifying run. As if you needed another reason to hate him.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/L-1UIvNEfq8[/youtube]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
New thread isn't up yet so here is Cowhat's guaranteed qualifying run. As if you needed another reason to hate him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/L-1UIvNEfq8
View Quote
Forgot to link the new thread in this one.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1988945_OFFICIAL-NASCAR-THREAD-FOR-THE-WEEKEND-AT-RICHMOND.html&page=1&anc=65816044#i65816044
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top