Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 5:43:39 PM EDT
Has anyone used this stuff before?  Can it be used in direct sunlight?  I must be doing something terribly wrong because i'm getting massive hazing on a fender I painted a couple days ago.  It's not polishing at all.

Please help a complete newb.  I'm using a HF variable speed 6" DA polisher on low speed (2000 rpm), only the pressure of the weight of the polisher and a finishing foam pad.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used that particular Meguiars before but the Meguiars I have used took good wipe downs with clean rags to remove the residue causing th haze.

JPK
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I found the ultimate compound (cheap stuff) to cut better than the medium/heavy cut meguiars pro product.
You need to keep the compound wet also.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Would not use a cutting polish on fresh paint. Wait 30 days. 
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would not use a cutting polish on fresh paint. Wait 30 days. 
View Quote
This.  Glaze only.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted to reinforce.

Wait.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Would not use a cutting polish on fresh paint. Wait 30 days.
Quoted:
This.  Glaze only.
Quoted to reinforce.

Wait.
I was trying to fix some orange peel without spending days wet sanding.  All that fixing should wait then?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was trying to fix some orange peel without spending days wet sanding.  All that fixing should wait then?
View Quote
Wet sand, cut, polish, buff.  But not until the paint has finished hardening.  Depending on humidity, temp, chemistry of paint, amount of hardener could be one day, one week, or one month.

What part of TX?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wet sand, cut, polish, buff.  But not until the paint has finished hardening.  Depending on humidity, temp, chemistry of paint, amount of hardener could be one day, one week, or one month.

What part of TX?
View Quote
Dallas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top