Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2017 5:35:25 PM EDT

Everything takes longer in New York City — even burials.

Morticians are wringing their hands over the closing of two borough medical examiners’ offices, leading to delays in funeral services they say can last days.

“There’s no sensitivity,” said Robert Ruggiero, executive director of the Metropolitan Funeral Directors Association.

“We can no longer promise families when the individual will be available to our funeral directors.”

The burial backlog started two years ago when the city shuttered morgues in The Bronx and Staten Island in a budget-saving move.

Funeral directors in those boroughs say they now have to travel to medical examiners’ offices that are still open to retrieve bodies.

Link
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me guess, theres plenty of money in the budget for Illegal aliens?  What did I win?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let me guess, theres plenty of money in the budget for Illegal aliens?  What did I win?
View Quote
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1979634_Job-outlook-bleak-for-law-abiding-but-Red-Billy-GUARANTEES-a-job-when-you-are-sprung-from-Riker-s.html
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Soylent Green.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top