Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/30/2017 12:18:05 PM EDT
What are your thoughts on the following statute?

1. Any person who sires a child which child is supported by welfare, WIC, Section 8 Housing, Free or Subsidized School Lunch, or other tax-funded income-based assistance shall be permanently and irreversibly sterilized upon commencement of the child's receipt of such assistance.

2. Any person who gives birth to a child which child is supported by welfare, WIC, Section 8 Housing, Free or Subsidized School Lunch, or other tax-funded income-based assistance shall be permanently and irreversibly sterilized upon commencement of the child's receipt of such assistance.

3. Any person who is supported by welfare, WIC, Section 8 Housing, Free or Subsidized School Lunch, or other tax-funded income-based assistance shall be permanently and irreversibly sterilized upon birth of a child to such person.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you going to do phrenological testing before starting the sterilizations?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

1. Any person who sires a child which child is supported by welfare, WIC, Section 8 Housing, Free or Subsidized School Lunch, or other tax-funded income-based assistance shall be permanently and irreversibly sterilized upon commencement of the child's receipt of such assistance.

2. Any person who gives birth to a child which child is supported by welfare, WIC, Section 8 Housing, Free or Subsidized School Lunch, or other tax-funded income-based assistance shall be permanently and irreversibly sterilized upon commencement of the child's receipt of such assistance.

3. Any person who is supported by welfare, WIC, Section 8 Housing, Free or Subsidized School Lunch, or other tax-funded income-based assistance shall be permanently and irreversibly sterilized upon birth of a child to such person.
View Quote

What are you Hitlers little brother?

Talk about stupid, this is a special type of stupid!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#3]
wtf?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
No.  How about druggies?  I'm OK with that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
eh, yeah that whole forced sterilization thing kinda conjurs up images of hmm lets see here: South American Indians, Southern Blacks, European Roma, and Unterrmensch as deemed by the Third Reich so how about no.

I get what you're saying but yeah no this America not a totalitarian state
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#6]
No.  Now if RISUG becomes available then I could agree, since it's permanent until the guy undergoes the reversal procedure - and he would have to cover the cost for the procedure himself.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't make it mandatory.  Just offer a choice of free hairweave or arm tattoo for sterilization. 
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#8]
How about just limiting assistance based on the family size at the time of application. Want another, go ahead, but your assistance isn't going to be increased to account for another person.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't make it mandatory.  Just offer a choice of free hairweave or arm tattoo for sterilization. 
View Quote
Imagine what offering a pair of Nikes would do
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope. 
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't think your suggestion is really going to work, but I think you might get some traction with passive, reversible birth control being a condition of being on welfare.  People sometime fall on hard times and need support.  Providing passive, yet, reversible birth control prevents them from bring another life into the world while they can barely take care of themselves.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Take your liberal planned parenthood comie bullshit back to DU OP
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#14]
How about just doing away with those stupid programs, duh.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't think your suggestion is really going to work, but I think you might get some traction with passive, reversible birth control being a condition of being on welfare.  People sometime fall on hard times and need support.  Providing passive, yet, reversible birth control prevents them from bring another life into the world while they can barely take care of themselves.
View Quote
no, the government cannot under any circumstances be in charge of setting conditions for you to have a child.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Eugenics is out of style.  We're in the age of dysgenics.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope.  Eugenics is a bit extreme.  It often leads to serious abuse.  Gas chambers aren't far behind...

However, I have noticed that the people LEAST equipped to be effective parents are often the ones that have nine kids. And it seems like each of these nine kids goes on to have at least four more kids a piece.  There seems to be a VERY strong correlation between inability to care for children and popping out kids like a human PEZ dispenser....

I often thought the following would work well.  If you  have a child, and cannot adequately provide for such child, then a purely voluntary program should be suggested:  If this is your first such unsupported child, the government would pay $20,000 for you to undergo an entirely voluntary permanent sterilization.  If you've had two unsupported children, the  payment would drop to $15,000.  Down to $10K on the third, etc.

Purely voluntary.   No coercion involved at all.  Its a simply enticement, an incentive....  If you are popping out kids, we will pay you to AVOID adding additional burdens to the system.  Over the long run we'd save BILLIONS in social welfare programs.  Countries with low birth rates often have INCENTIVES to have children.  We need some form of incentive for people to NOT have children in situations when they cannot adequately care for them.  Our current systems seems to work opposite, encouraging people to have more.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I am good with it, except I wouldn't make it permanent...

If they become productive members of society, fine...

You can't feed em don't breed em...

Sterilization is the answer...

Yes, I am hitler...don't care.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
View Quote
Yet forcing the rest of us (with the threat of incarceration or death for non payment) to pay taxes to support all these people is OK??

The shit is out of hand and has a huge cost to society-from birth and medical expenses,food,shelter,and eventual entry in to the criminal justice system...........
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How about just doing away with those stupid programs, duh.
View Quote
Or this...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Your world is a strange place.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#22]
LoL wtf?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Simple explanation here:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/hL1-340ODCM[/youtube]

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Your world is a strange place.
View Quote
Grammar Nazi here saw your post before editing and says "your."
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#25]
You cannot avoid overpopulation with logic. Humans are hard wired to annihilate themselves.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#26]

I vote for OP's sterilization.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yet forcing the rest of us (with the threat of incarceration or death for non payment) to pay taxes to support all these people is OK??

The shit is out of hand and has a huge cost to society-from birth and medical expenses,food,shelter,and eventual entry in to the criminal justice system...........
View Quote
well, you fix it through representatives who are willing to trim the fat from government through social program reform etc etc.

people will figure it out, instead of depending on the government when people are down on their luck, they will use their communities where people can help them from the kindness of their heart, not through government mandate.  That is how a social program should work.

and no matter how much it urks you, our rights to not have cruel and unusual punishment are guaranteed, and even this thought of "forced sterilization," disgusts me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There seems to be a VERY strong correlation between inability to care for children and popping out kids like a human PEZ dispenser....
View Quote

Somehow I need to work that line into a conversation with a liberal friend of mine, just to watch her head explode.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Call it birth control and make it free not mandatory

Stop giving more aid for more kids
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm ok with it.  If society is paying to keep you from dying, you have an obligation not to reproduce. If you do...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#31]
No.

And fuck your welfare, too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF dude.

Just cut a check for them to do it. No force of law.

Hey Bustout, you want 5K?
Go get fixed.

They will line up.

But remember there also needs to be a law the stipulates any new children while on EBT/welfare doesn't get you mo money.

Oh yeah.  You want to get it reversed?

5K + the cost of the procedure.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Adolph Hitler gave eugenics a bad name.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Simply make it a voluntary choice, a condition for benefits. Also make it reversible after a period of time after getting off assistance.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Adolph Hitler gave eugenics a bad name.
View Quote
Hitler copied it from the Brit and us...we had it first...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Canada beat you to it. They have sterilized native women and other minorities. Funny I never hear any liberals cry out about it or call them literally Hitler.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

well, you fix it through representatives who are willing to trim the fat from government through social program reform etc etc.

people will figure it out, instead of depending on the government when people are down on their luck, they will use their communities where people can help them from the kindness of their heart, not through government mandate.  That is how a social program should work.

and no matter how much it urks you, our rights to not have cruel and unusual punishment are guaranteed, and even this thought of "forced sterilization," disgusts me.
View Quote
What irks me is busting my ass,while seeing plenty of shitbags living of my money being rewarded for their irresponsibility.Quite a few around here with 3 or 4 kids from 3 or 4 different "fathers".But hey,everyone else is picking up the bill,so why not?Who cares what the hospital/doctors cost when you aren't paying.........

Government should have never gotten involved in the first place,BUT,like everything else they touch,they screw it all up.

This is all just fantasy anyway-no one is going to force sterilization,and no one will cut any of the massive social programs we have.

It will go on and get worse until math finally wins.And I'll be pissed and bitter until then.

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Call it birth control and make it free not mandatory

Stop giving more aid for more kids
View Quote
So you support obamacare. Got it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am good with it, except I wouldn't make it permanent...

If they become productive members of society, fine...

You can't feed em don't breed em...

Sterilization is the answer...

Yes, I am hitler...don't care.
View Quote
I agree with this guy.  I was just having this discussion with my wife and daughter a couple days ago, they aren't as extreme right as I am but even they thought some kind of forced birth control was good.
I think there should be a means test before married couples can have a kid but I have always been on the outer edge.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
This is why i have zero problems with abortion. I used to have issue, but my view has evolved
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Eugenics, anyone?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Of just liberals.........   Let me soak that in a while
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

No. I hate paying taxes to support people too, but I think this is too far...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I think the government should offer anyone $10,000 cash, tax free, to become permanently sterile.  I don't care if you are 18 or 98, the offer is open to any adult.  It'll save a lot of money in the long run.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So you support obamacare. Got it.
View Quote
You saw what I did there
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Nope. Implanted BC while on public assistance, yes, but not sterilization.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#49]
It's not eugenics. It isn't based on immutable characteristics, but on dependency. What about this:

1. Payment of welfare, WIC, Section 8 Housing, Free or Subsidized School Lunch, or other tax-funded income-based assistance to any person or family shall not be increased by reason of the birth of additional children to the person who has sired or borne a child receiving such benefits.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think the government should offer anyone $10,000 cash, tax free, to become permanently sterile.  I don't care if you are 18 or 98, the offer is open to any adult.  It'll save a lot of money in the long run.
View Quote
We can debate the bounty, but +1.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top