Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Needs more veggies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#2]
is that ape wearing shoes?
walks like someone used to wearing footgear.
gait is non simian
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Thousands of  trail cams.

Thousands of hikers, hunters, birders and everyday joes in the woods with cameras.

Years of intensive searches.

No decent photo's

No video since the advent of the video camera and cell phone.

No corpses.

None taken by hunters

Occums Razor; All else being equal, the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one;

Bigfoot doesn't exist
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Clearly boots as there are no toes shown when the feet are lifted.

Also, when have you seen a gorilla with pale feet? They have dark skin on the bottoms of there feet.
View Quote
The pale feet are due to the sand the creature is walking on. If you look closely you can see the muscles moving. It's real.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The first line was intended to be sarcastic. Patterson ran a cottage Bigfoot business before he made his film and was also trying to make a scripted bigfoot movie (gimlin playing the indian tracker.) Quite the coincidence he suddenly films the real thing.
View Quote
OK gotcha. I was thinking that after I posted.
I can't believe people still bring up that film after all the evidence against it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok so I think it is a fake....

but people keep debunking it saying family came out and said it was a fake.

I hate to debunk stuff with evidence that can be debunked.

I can find no reference to the family coming forward and saying it was faked just other people or other peoples family no Paterson family member of Gimlin family members.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson%E2%80%93Gimlin_film

now the Loch ness monster photo

Attachment Attached File

has had family members come forward and claim it was a hoax.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm a skeptic and I have proven to be exceptionally skeptical of these claims. However there is a reason that The Patterson film is considered the best evidence.

Just watching it, doesn't do it justice. The video in the OP isn't too bad at pointing out some pretty damned difficult things to fake.

They didn't even show it, but when they were pointing out the feet and toe movements, the stride when she/it/guy in monkey suit literally never fully extends her/it/guy's leg and then add the angles of the leg during the walk... that is pretty interesting stuff when it is compared to how humans typically walk and who or whatever that was did it and still appeared to glide and not seem jerky at all.

The other thing is the muscle tone looks pretty damned convincing as well. Even more convincing is the face and the length from the bottom of the nose to the top of the lip. If some redneck just made that up, they are talented beyond belief.

If it is a fake, it is a hell of a fake.

This is one of the ones that I have to add to the column of "I just don't know what to know on this one"

Watch these videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtCb05DB3VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EicVEOtm1A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPMZEZsFlM

It is probably a fake, but I can't say it for sure and neither can anyone else.
View Quote
I'm still in the "I don't know "group as well.
Even after that shit storm of a thread on Bigfoot in Oklahoma
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I miss OKnativeson
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I love a good Bigfoot tread!

I want to believe. I find myself not a true skeptic or believer. I tend to think the film is real but I'm not gonna bet my 401k on it. Something is going on out there I just don't know what
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I miss OKnativeson
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#12]
The best way to tell this is a fake is that the people who think it's real will completely dismiss the backstory about Patterson and say it doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I miss OKnativeson
View Quote
Yep he really needs to get back in here
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I miss OKnativeson
View Quote
What happened to him?  Other than his uncredible stories on BF, he was a pretty good guy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't you know that when the guy in the gorilla suit looks back over his shoulder and speeds up, his buddy had just yelled "SIR!...No! Don't shoot him! It's just a man in a gorilla suit!".  

"You better run!  He's goan shoot'yer ass!" <squalls of laughter>

Dude in the gorilla suit: Ow-ow-ow! I wish I wuz wearing shoes!

The reason it was kept quiet all this time is because the guy in the suit swore he'd kill his buddies for tricking 'n' skeerin' 'im so badly if they ever spoke of it.  This story must be true because it's exactly what I have done to a buddy who dressed up in a gorillas suit...aintirite?

How many years passed before the guys not in the suit to stop laughing.  And how many years did it take for the guy in the suit to be able to laugh about it?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I miss OKnativeson
View Quote
Wait, what?  What happened to OKNativeSon?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What happened to him?  Other than his uncredible stories on BF, he was a pretty good guy.
View Quote
He disappeared after the last Bigfoot thread where it came out that he was completely making everything up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#18]
After the Alpaca Incident, I promised myself I'd never get into another one of these threads....

The more you look into the details of this film, the less it appears to be a guy in a suit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Must have a giant cock.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He disappeared after the last Bigfoot thread where it came out that he was completely making everything up.
View Quote
Yea, like that was a big surprise.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag .................
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
link?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Our Bigfoot family's go nuts about being on video...  that's a big no no  if you want them as good neighbors.  and don't ever say they smell.  they go postal
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Absolutely do not believe in bigfoot.

But I do believe in some sort of Alien life that may be able to visit here.  But if they have the tech to get here from 5 light years away.. they have the tech to make sure we never see or hear them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

link?
View Quote
Here you go. The whole thread is worth a read.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Man in a costume
View Quote
This.

The filmer was an avid Bigfoot chaser who was determined to get some footage.  The whole thing was staged.

Not saying it rules out the existence of Squatch, but when you look at the background of the filmer, there are major problems.

Then you have the guy who claimed to have worn the suit break down even detail of the plan, where he kept it, how he had to strap into it, how it was made, the financial arrangement they had, etc.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bigfoot, UFOs, whatever... The interesting thing isn't whether or not they exist, but how people react to the idea of them. Or, not...

Growing up as a kid, friend of the family was a big-time believer in Bigfoot. He'd take trips into the mountains of Northwestern Oregon looking for signs, interview people, had a huge collection of things like footprint casts. You talked to him, and you could easily become a believer. What was funny about him was that he was a college-educated guy, worked for the local government, and was still really credulous about the whole thing. You could not convince him that there weren't Bigfeet out there wandering around, everywhere.

What was even funnier than him? One of the local characters, a retired logger in his 80s, flat-out admitted that he'd spent a lot of time while he was out in the woods faking Bigfoot stuff, playing practical jokes on other loggers. He had wooden "slippers" he'd carved to leave footprints, and if you compared those damn things to some of the casts that the first guy had, we're talking a one-for-one match.

These two found each other because the first guy got told by some of the other loggers he'd interviewed to talk to him--So, he did. And, do ya know what? Even with all that crap from the old guy practical joker to blow his "evidence" out of the water, he was still a believer. All he did was shift his viewpoint a little, admit that there were some fakers out there, but he still believed.

Me? I've got no real opinion on the matter. Show me proof they exist, and I'll believe it if it's convincing enough. On the other hand, I don't disbelieve there's nothing there, either--When you've got all these more-or-less consistent stories going all the way back to the Indians, I kinda suspect there's a nugget of truth in there, somewhere. What the hell it is, I've got no damn idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if something turns up, one of these days, either. I've also seen some shit out in the woods that makes me wonder, over the years--And, I know that the forests of the Northwest aren't nearly as well-explored as a lot of people think. It's not likely that a large hominid like Bigfoot could have remained hidden all these years, but there's also a shitload of stuff that just doesn't add up to another answer, either.

I try to keep an open mind. The world is a weird place, and we don't know as much as we think we do about it all. Odds that something like Bigfoot has managed to avoid leaving real physical evidence is low, but there's also the really weird shit I've personally observed that makes me wonder if we're as smart as we think we are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Bigfoot, UFOs, whatever... The interesting thing isn't whether or not they exist, but how people react to the idea of them. Or, not...

Growing up as a kid, friend of the family was a big-time believer in Bigfoot. He'd take trips into the mountains of Northwestern Oregon looking for signs, interview people, had a huge collection of things like footprint casts. You talked to him, and you could easily become a believer. What was funny about him was that he was a college-educated guy, worked for the local government, and was still really credulous about the whole thing. You could not convince him that there weren't Bigfeet out there wandering around, everywhere.

What was even funnier than him? One of the local characters, a retired logger in his 80s, flat-out admitted that he'd spent a lot of time while he was out in the woods faking Bigfoot stuff, playing practical jokes on other loggers. He had wooden "slippers" he'd carved to leave footprints, and if you compared those damn things to some of the casts that the first guy had, we're talking a one-for-one match.

These two found each other because the first guy got told by some of the other loggers he'd interviewed to talk to him--So, he did. And, do ya know what? Even with all that crap from the old guy practical joker to blow his "evidence" out of the water, he was still a believer. All he did was shift his viewpoint a little, admit that there were some fakers out there, but he still believed.

Me? I've got no real opinion on the matter. Show me proof they exist, and I'll believe it if it's convincing enough. On the other hand, I don't disbelieve there's nothing there, either--When you've got all these more-or-less consistent stories going all the way back to the Indians, I kinda suspect there's a nugget of truth in there, somewhere. What the hell it is, I've got no damn idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if something turns up, one of these days, either. I've also seen some shit out in the woods that makes me wonder, over the years--And, I know that the forests of the Northwest aren't nearly as well-explored as a lot of people think. It's not likely that a large hominid like Bigfoot could have remained hidden all these years, but there's also a shitload of stuff that just doesn't add up to another answer, either.

I try to keep an open mind. The world is a weird place, and we don't know as much as we think we do about it all. Odds that something like Bigfoot has managed to avoid leaving real physical evidence is low, but there's also the really weird shit I've personally observed that makes me wonder if we're as smart as we think we are.
There was a professor at ISU who wanted people to finance a massive surveillance blimp to fly around the clock with GPS and cameras looking for Bigfoot.

Falcon Project-Bigfoot surveillance blimp

The plan, according to Meldrum, is to have the Sasquatch Trekkers work around the clock for six months. The team intends to use GPS mapping of areas it considers would be potential lodging and food sources for what are known in scientific terminology as relict hominoids, or in layman’s terms, large, hairy, man-like Bigfoots.
Some people will continue to invest effort into it, no matter what.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If Bigfoot was real how come nobody ever talks about his dick. You got a 9 foot tall dude running around the woods naked and nobody that See's him is like "Jesus that thing had a 2 foot long pecker".
View Quote
Because thats some GAY shit
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I want to believe. 

ThinkerThunker has some good YT videos. The IMAX camera crew that captured the running ape in Canada is perhaps the best "Bigfoot" video evidence ever. 
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Funny how Bigfoot finds his way into camera lenses, but never rifle scope lenses.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'd totally shoot bigfoot in his hairy face.

I know a lot of people say he has magical powers over people with guns, but I think that's bullshit. Ripping trees up and putting them back in the ground upside down? Bullshit. Try that with my 44 MAG GUN.

I'd totally shoot that asshole, and end the bigfoot debate for once and for all. Arfcom would come into my mom's basement, try to pick me up and carry me out on their shoulders like a hero, give up, and call the Fire Dept. to break out a wall to get me out with a crane, and it would be great. GREAT!

It's either a bigfoot, and I'd be a hero, or its a guy in a monkey suit and I'd be charged with murder, but at least we'd all KNOW for sure.
View Quote
So let me get this straight...you will shoot him in the face from your mothers basement, where you cant get out of,  and need the FD to bust you out because your a hero for shooting bigfoot?? did you shoot him IN the basement?
Needs more shot in the face, basement face shooting logic
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Didn't he himself finally state that it was fake?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope.

Went to his grave standing behind it.

Gimlin is still alive and says it's real.

Interview ................
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

The only thing of value Patterson Left Behind for his wife and family when he died of cancer a few years after the filming was the rights of the film. There's no way he was going to take away their meal ticket from his deathbed. Gimlin has been somewhat rmeally mouthed on the issue. He has said that he was not aware of any hoax  but that he' might have been hoaxed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The only thing of value Patterson Left Behind for his wife and family when he died of cancer a few years after the filming was the rights of the film. There's no way he was going to take away their meal ticket from his deathbed. Gimlin has been somewhat rmeally mouthed on the issue. He has said that he was not aware of any hoax  but that he' might have been hoaxed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

Gimlin interview .................
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I miss OKnativeson
Lance the llama got him.

Tragic.

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
And people were surprised by the revelation.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#38]
@ciraxis
@longhunter09
@RTUtah
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#39]
50+ pages?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#41]
in on page two!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#42]
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

It really is that simple.

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

link?
I dont see how anyone could have not seen that thread.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Cheap hoax.
View Quote
I want to see you make a suit that looks like that! Cheaply!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Very true.

I know from experience that when I run around naked in the woods the witness statements always mention the enormous size of my penis.  It's the one thing that is consistent across all the police reports from the 13 various state, local, and federal agencies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Bigfoot was real how come nobody ever talks about his dick. You got a 9 foot tall dude running around the woods naked and nobody that See's him is like "Jesus that thing had a 2 foot long pecker".
Very true.

I know from experience that when I run around naked in the woods the witness statements always mention the enormous size of my penis.  It's the one thing that is consistent across all the police reports from the 13 various state, local, and federal agencies.
Oh, I feel sorry for Mrs USPcompact.  And Mrs. Bigfoot, too.  Of course.  But mostly for Mrs. USPcompact.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Nope....I was born the year that was filmed and though I can tell myself it's fake, it indelibly etched a visceral fear into my head and to this day, I just can't watch it. It just creeps the hell out of me.

It's easy to pick it apart now, but it was pretty well done in that "Blair Witch" way for its time, and very effectively traumatized this suburban 8 year old back in the 70s.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Actually in the Patterson film the BF has a huge set of hairy jubblies!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#49]
1. Everyone on the planet now has a camera in their hand or pocket

2. Everyone on the planet has been 'searching' for this mythical creature ( dead or alive ) for decades

3. Everyone on the planet knows its instant payday in the millions to actually FIND this imaginary creature

4. End result is ZERO evidence said creature exists or EVER existed

5. case closed - there is no such thing as 'Big Foot' - Sasquatch
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Must have a giant cock.
View Quote
Hung like Johnny wad dog
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top