Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/28/2017 12:54:24 AM EDT
It doesn't look like a man in a costume. Start at 1:56 min

I was reading or maybe I was watching something recently that experts returned to the site of this and did some measurement and stated that whatever is was was 7ft 6 inches tall.  Either is was or it wasn't.  However, it sure seems to have a shit ton of muscle mass in its ass and thighs.  Being that big wasn't to common back then.

Patterson Gimlin Bigfoot film 1967, the best stabilization of all 5 parts of the film.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:58:49 AM EDT
[#1]
In, I love these threads.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In, I love these threads.
View Quote
you're welcome
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:01:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
interdasting...
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:05:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Man in a costume
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:10:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:14:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Cheap hoax.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:17:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Moochele... The college years....
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:18:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I remember some expert saying that in 1967, even Hollywood could not make a monkey suit as good as what is seen in the film. 
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:20:08 AM EDT
[#10]
The damn man that made the video showed how they faked it.

Bigfoot is not real.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bigfoot is not real.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:21:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like Michelle Obama...
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:21:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Bigfoot is not real.
View Quote
maybe "they" got to him
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Llama.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:25:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
maybe "they" got to him
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigfoot is not real.
maybe "they" got to him
If you believe that, you've drank way more than I have tonight.

There is no real proof of Bigfoot, other than some BS videos and footprints, which have all been proven to be fake.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Fake.

If you look closely it's clearly wearing boots.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:29:04 AM EDT
[#17]
IN
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:29:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I remember some expert saying that in 1967, even Hollywood could not make a monkey suit as good as what is seen in the film. 
View Quote
Filmed in 1967
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fake.

View Quote
why would bigfoot wear boots?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:44:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fake.

Because back then, pop tops were still a thing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:47:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd totally shoot bigfoot in his hairy face.

I know a lot of people say he has magical powers over people with guns, but I think that's bullshit. Ripping trees up and putting them back in the ground upside down? Bullshit. Try that with my 44 MAG GUN.

I'd totally shoot that asshole, and end the bigfoot debate for once and for all. Arfcom would come into my mom's basement, try to pick me up and carry me out on their shoulders like a hero, give up, and call the Fire Dept. to break out a wall to get me out with a crane, and it would be great. GREAT!

It's either a bigfoot, and I'd be a hero, or its a guy in a monkey suit and I'd be charged with murder, but at least we'd all KNOW for sure.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I was a kid when stills from the video hit the printed media.

It looked fake to me then, and I WANTED to believe. Still looks fake half a century later.............
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:58:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

.....However, it sure seems to have a shit ton of muscle mass in its ass and thighs....
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:06:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Is Bigfoot real?  I don't think so.

But, if Bigfoot is real that would be really cool.

Especially if he worked out.  Grrrrr.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:06:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:31:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Clearly a costume.  Ass does not move at all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#27]
"And away we go." Shouldn't Bigfoot threads be considered trolling?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:48:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Bigfoot, UFOs, whatever... The interesting thing isn't whether or not they exist, but how people react to the idea of them. Or, not...

Growing up as a kid, friend of the family was a big-time believer in Bigfoot. He'd take trips into the mountains of Northwestern Oregon looking for signs, interview people, had a huge collection of things like footprint casts. You talked to him, and you could easily become a believer. What was funny about him was that he was a college-educated guy, worked for the local government, and was still really credulous about the whole thing. You could not convince him that there weren't Bigfeet out there wandering around, everywhere.

What was even funnier than him? One of the local characters, a retired logger in his 80s, flat-out admitted that he'd spent a lot of time while he was out in the woods faking Bigfoot stuff, playing practical jokes on other loggers. He had wooden "slippers" he'd carved to leave footprints, and if you compared those damn things to some of the casts that the first guy had, we're talking a one-for-one match.

These two found each other because the first guy got told by some of the other loggers he'd interviewed to talk to him--So, he did. And, do ya know what? Even with all that crap from the old guy practical joker to blow his "evidence" out of the water, he was still a believer. All he did was shift his viewpoint a little, admit that there were some fakers out there, but he still believed.

Me? I've got no real opinion on the matter. Show me proof they exist, and I'll believe it if it's convincing enough. On the other hand, I don't disbelieve there's nothing there, either--When you've got all these more-or-less consistent stories going all the way back to the Indians, I kinda suspect there's a nugget of truth in there, somewhere. What the hell it is, I've got no damn idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if something turns up, one of these days, either. I've also seen some shit out in the woods that makes me wonder, over the years--And, I know that the forests of the Northwest aren't nearly as well-explored as a lot of people think. It's not likely that a large hominid like Bigfoot could have remained hidden all these years, but there's also a shitload of stuff that just doesn't add up to another answer, either.

I try to keep an open mind. The world is a weird place, and we don't know as much as we think we do about it all. Odds that something like Bigfoot has managed to avoid leaving real physical evidence is low, but there's also the really weird shit I've personally observed that makes me wonder if we're as smart as we think we are.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:52:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Yup.  

BS'ing for fame and fortune isn't a new idea.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#31]
It's a man, in a costume.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#32]
In!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#33]
In!
We haven't had a good Bigfoot thread in at least ..............30 days
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#35]
It looks exactly like a man in a "squatch suit" to me.

There are many many orders of magnitude more cameras walking around on people today compared to 1967.

We should be inundated with squatch photos/videos if they were out there.

Therefore they are not.  Q.E.D.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#36]
One thing that video showed that I didn't notice before was how light colored and flat the Sasquatche's feet were.  The feet looked like some kid of boot.  What animal that lives in the wild all it's life has light colored soles like that?

Fake, I tell you...

Also, didn't Patterson or Gimlin admit it fake before their death?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Patterson was a two-bit con man who just happened to film a real Bigfoot while he was trying to put together a homemade Bigfoot movie. He actually did a pretty decent job of faking his film.

however he slipped up on the small details. The back story he gave it to the making of the film has several demonstrably false elements. He claimed that the film was taken and then flown by.courier to Yakima for development. However the supposed  plane were grounded that day due to bad weather. Furthermore there was no film lab in Yakima that could develop this film when he claimed it was done. Remember this is not a video, it was a color movie film which required a complicated development process and only a few specialized labs could do. Once you realize the backstory is full of lies and the very clear timeline that he gave falls apart, you don't have to worry about who was in the suit.  It's pretty evident that Patterson actually had faked the movie before hand, and then  him and gimlin traveled to the site, faked  the footprints and then  began the claim  that they had just filmed Bigfoot.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Bigfoot is not real.
View Quote
cite?

because the only one I remember coming forward and saying they faked it was the loch ness guy and then it got bunched in with the Paterson video.

ETA: I don't believe it is real but I like my debunking points to be correct also.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Man in a costume
View Quote
A cheap costume at that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Patterson was a two-bit con man who just happened to film a real Bigfoot while he was trying to put together a homemade Bigfoot movie. He actually did a pretty decent job of faking his film.

however he slipped up on the small details. The back story he gave it to the making of the film has several demonstrably false elements. He claimed that the film was taken and then flown by.courier to Yakima for development. However the supposed  plane were grounded that day due to bad weather. Furthermore there was no film lab in Yakima that could develop this film when he claimed it was done. Remember this is not a video, it was a color movie film which required a complicated development process and only a few specialized labs could do. Once you realize the backstory is full of lies and the very clear timeline that he gave falls apart, you don't have to worry about who was in the suit.  It's pretty evident that Patterson actually had faked the movie before hand, and then  him and gimlin traveled to the site, faked  the footprints and then  began the claim  that they had just filmed Bigfoot.
View Quote
Am I misreading this? Are you saying everything about the Patterson film was fake except for the bigfoot? Or was that the story he was trying to sell?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
QFT and to add his reason for doing it was that he had no money and he wanted leave his wife something because he was dying of cancer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#42]

Not to mentions the number of game cameras that are sitting out there in the woods.  I have six running right now out on my little piece of property
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bigfoot, UFOs, whatever... The interesting thing isn't whether or not they exist, but how people react to the idea of them. Or, not...

Growing up as a kid, friend of the family was a big-time believer in Bigfoot. He'd take trips into the mountains of Northwestern Oregon looking for signs, interview people, had a huge collection of things like footprint casts. You talked to him, and you could easily become a believer. What was funny about him was that he was a college-educated guy, worked for the local government, and was still really credulous about the whole thing. You could not convince him that there weren't Bigfeet out there wandering around, everywhere.

What was even funnier than him? One of the local characters, a retired logger in his 80s, flat-out admitted that he'd spent a lot of time while he was out in the woods faking Bigfoot stuff, playing practical jokes on other loggers. He had wooden "slippers" he'd carved to leave footprints, and if you compared those damn things to some of the casts that the first guy had, we're talking a one-for-one match.

These two found each other because the first guy got told by some of the other loggers he'd interviewed to talk to him--So, he did. And, do ya know what? Even with all that crap from the old guy practical joker to blow his "evidence" out of the water, he was still a believer. All he did was shift his viewpoint a little, admit that there were some fakers out there, but he still believed.

Me? I've got no real opinion on the matter. Show me proof they exist, and I'll believe it if it's convincing enough. On the other hand, I don't disbelieve there's nothing there, either--When you've got all these more-or-less consistent stories going all the way back to the Indians, I kinda suspect there's a nugget of truth in there, somewhere. What the hell it is, I've got no damn idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if something turns up, one of these days, either. I've also seen some shit out in the woods that makes me wonder, over the years--And, I know that the forests of the Northwest aren't nearly as well-explored as a lot of people think. It's not likely that a large hominid like Bigfoot could have remained hidden all these years, but there's also a shitload of stuff that just doesn't add up to another answer, either.

I try to keep an open mind. The world is a weird place, and we don't know as much as we think we do about it all. Odds that something like Bigfoot has managed to avoid leaving real physical evidence is low, but there's also the really weird shit I've personally observed that makes me wonder if we're as smart as we think we are.
View Quote
Very well put.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
One thing that video showed that I didn't notice before was how light colored and flat the Sasquatche's feet were.  The feet looked like some kid of boot.  What animal that live in wild all it's life has light colored soles like that?

Fake, I tell you...

View Quote
Yep, makes me sad cause i wanted to believe.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Top men have examined the film and have determined that it is actually real film.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#46]
If Bigfoot was real how come nobody ever talks about his dick. You got a 9 foot tall dude running around the woods naked and nobody that See's him is like "Jesus that thing had a 2 foot long pecker".
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
One thing that video showed that I didn't notice before was how light colored and flat the Sasquatche's feet were.  The feet looked like some kid of boot.  What animal that live in wild all it's life has light colored soles like that?

Fake, I tell you...

View Quote
Patterson's family admitted it was a hoax after his death.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If Bigfoot was real how come nobody ever talks about his dick. You got a 9 foot tall dude running around the woods naked and nobody that See's him is like "Jesus that thing had a 2 foot long pecker".
View Quote
Very true.

I know from experience that when I run around naked in the woods the witness statements always mention the enormous size of my penis.  It's the one thing that is consistent across all the police reports from the 13 various state, local, and federal agencies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, someone here just outed themselves.......MEATGAZER!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
R
Am I misreading this? Are you saying everything about the Patterson film was fake except for the bigfoot? Or was that the story he was trying to sell?
View Quote
The first line was intended to be sarcastic. Patterson ran a cottage Bigfoot business before he made his film and was also trying to make a scripted bigfoot movie (gimlin playing the indian tracker.) Quite the coincidence he suddenly films the real thing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top