User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is why threads like this are retarded.

Every generation has heroes.

Every generation has its worthless bottom feeders.

There is nothing new under the sun.
View Quote
Seriously. Sick and tired of the fucking boomers bitching...We get it...you think you're special...now go sit the fuck down and have your ovaltine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There a lot of Boomer names on The Wall, including many of my brother Marines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shhhhh, you're ruining the Boomer rant.
There a lot of Boomer names on The Wall, including many of my brother Marines.
Yep.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I hesitate to ask which university this was, having grown up in that humid nightmare of a state.

I'm very grateful that I'm currently attending an engineering school; there is little to no SJW bullshit tolerated here aside from what RAs try and use to indoctrinate freshmen. The overall political climate is conservative-libertarian, split between rednecks and computer geeks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]
No bias there. Look at the crowds Milo got. They weren't compromised solely of older folks and trigglypuffs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We are talking two years, actually 1.5 years or less after training etc.

And out of them there will still be med deferments etc, this would cause maybe 40-50% of them to serve.

More people serving helps the nation regardless if anyone wants to admit it or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why i believe every swinging dick should have to serve 2 yrs in the military.

And when i say serve, non of this BS new Army shit, old school getting smoked all night and moping the parking lot in the rain in full
kit.

My buddy begged me to be a JROTC instructor with him, after what he told me I would be fired/sued/or in jail for assault or murder before
my first year was complete.
If you want to destroy the quality of the military that'd be a great way to do it.

Most people are not cut out for the military and no amount of yelling or hazing will change that, you'd just be wasting time and resources that could be better utilized elsewhere.

Volunteer military is the way to go.
No you just have conscript Battalions rulled
with draconian leadership.

Belive it or not pain equals compliance. 

Hell we can use them to pull details while the real Army trains.

https://www.overthinkingit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sgt-zim.jpg
The discipline and morale problems would be absurd, and WTF would you have millions of them doing? Over 4,000,000 people were born in the U.S. In 2008 for example, they'd all enter the military at about the same time, you'd have to train them and sort out the worthless ones which would be a HUGE undertaking. The quality of training would suffer as so many resources are diverted just dealing with all of them.

Your idea is super moto but it's not practical.

BTW all of the guys in Starship Troopers were volunteers.

And out of them there will still be med deferments etc, this would cause maybe 40-50% of them to serve.

More people serving helps the nation regardless if anyone wants to admit it or not.
So lets blow a bunch of money on forcing people to work for the federal govt. against there will and waste a bunch of money for no gain other than your feelz.

Wow, sounds like a DU style " it takes a village" solution. Why am I not surprised to be reading that on the 'small govt conservative" ARFCOM of today.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Seriously. Sick and tired of the fucking boomers bitching...We get it...you think you're special...now go sit the fuck down and have your ovaltine.
View Quote
Gen X bitches about the Millennials far more than the Boomers.  With good reason, too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe the older generations shouldn't of ruined the American education system for money. Maybe the older generations should of hunted communist like dogs post ww1.   
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You don't have to tell us exactly where but knowing who the audience was would go a long way.

To be honest, I'm a mid-30's guy who just wrapped up his undergrad degree this month and had your wife came in for one of my classes, it would have been "get shit done for my other classes" time.
I'm not a retard nor someone who would open his yap to spew retarded shit but depending on why she was there, she might not get my full attention.
Especially if it's supposed to be an informative talk that morphs into 20 questions. Not only could I name dates but also major battles, important figures, and the political impetus that created those conflicts. I just don't see the point if it was a law & policy class or an Econ class.

But, I'm also not a "millennial" (even if I technically fall within the current definition of what years constitute the generation) and I guess I shouldn't have said shit. 
View Quote
Get your money back for the English classes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:32:17 AM EDT
[#9]
This thread is top five stupidest shit I've seen all week
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Simple OP, the government education system has taught these skulls full of putty the PC version of history vs. the history that is. Ask 'em why the Civil War started and see what I mean.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#11]
What was the class? Can she gain and maintain attention?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I would say in all my history courses growing up in school we never made it past WWI.

I literally know nothing about the 20th century other than what I've learned on my own.  This, of course, is mostly about wars, military technology, space, the US highway system, ad gun control. I have a very good understanding of these.

I know very little about social movements, politics, and major acts of domestic legislation. Hell, I  couldn't even place the presidents in the correct order between Taft and Reagan.

Bottom line is: School has been shit for at least 3 decades, and 90% of people will not investigate history much on their own. When they do, it is usually: 1) History buffs, 2) People who are interested in a specific topic (say, military technology) and 3) People with some sort of political agenda.

ETA::Oh, and my father has said the same thing about his siblings. 2 Sisters and a Brother. He says they don't know who fought in WW2. Same probably could be said about my mother.

ETA2::Oh, and don't get me started on science. Physics, chemistry, biology, geology, astronomy, etc. Most people of any age (millennials all the way back to the greatest generation) probably would fail a high school science test if given a pop quiz today. (just like I'd almost certainly fail a pop spelling quiz :p)
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is why i believe every swinging dick should have to serve 2 yrs in the military.

And when i say serve, non of this BS new Army shit, old school getting smoked all night and moping the parking lot in the rain in full
kit.

My buddy begged me to be a JROTC instructor with him, after what he told me I would be fired/sued/or in jail for assault or murder before
View Quote
My brother and I were in the Army and never saw or participated in the shit that you describe.  My father served during and never saw it either.  What old school are you writing about?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#14]
No way this is representative of the majority of college students. Must have been a community college or something.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There are 30,000+ of them here. Not surprised in the least that was the first question. OMG, is this current generation stupid and self centered.
View Quote
Another generation enabled it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Are all the STEM proponents going to lament this lack of historical knowledge?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Simple OP, the government education system has taught these skulls full of putty the PC version of history vs. the history that is. Ask 'em why the Civil War started and see what I mean.
View Quote
Yep, too many think the answer is "states rights" and has nothing to do with "slavery". The reality is it was the states' rights to have slavery that was the flashpoint, so much so that multiple states expressly mentioned slavery in their secession documents.

No, the civil war wasn't a just moral crusade to end slavery in the evil south, That is a myth. However, it is true that the central issue of the whole civil war was the fact that the south wanted to dissolve the union because they were afraid that they would lose the balance of power between slave and non-slave states, and thus, their states' rights to have legal slavery would be violated.

Those are just the facts.

"Slavery" is a more accurate description of what caused the civil war than "states rights", though the most precise answer includes both.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Get both.

Cursory history should be taught in middle and high school. At least when I was growing up, the 20th century was essentially ignored.

Not saying people remember everything from these types of courses, but if the history is never covered, there is a 0% chance of them learning it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My wife was teaching a class once and a kid asked her if she liked anal....it's a crapshoot in schools nowadays.
View Quote
This was at a college?  What was the resolution with the student?  It should have been suspension or expulsion.  His parents should have been given the full Title IX compliance write up, and been shown the tuition costs associated with dumbassery like that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why would engineering students be sitting in on a lecture on VA law?

Sounds like a group of non STEM majors.  And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess their knowledge of physics was equally retarded.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thread title should be "American schools suck".

They've been taught (or not taught) all of that in school.

Oh and by their Leftist parents.

Take heart though, being right wing is the new counter culture and kids love counter culture, so there's hope yet.
View Quote
I think it's really a parenting fail IMO. Sure there are liberal teachers pushing their agenda but if parents would sit down with their kids at dinner every night and discuss what they learned, what the teacher said or what stupid left leaning video they watched on buzzfeed they could take they time to set their kids straight.  Problem is parents are relying on the Internet and school to completely raise their kids.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Sounds about right from what I have seen of the current young adults.  Lot less bright and shinning stars then in the past.  We talking to a 14 year old last night and her goal was to graduate HS and live in a car.  She thought she would just park in entry parking lots and bathe in bathrooms in stores.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

FALSE

I'm a college student and like myself roughly 50% of the people in my classes are veterans.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Clearly you don't know anything about History...

Harry Potter and John Snow took their legions to Middle Earth to battle for the new Playstation 5.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Get both.

Cursory history should be taught in middle and high school. At least when I was growing up, the 20th century was essentially ignored.

Not saying people remember everything from these types of courses, but if the history is never covered, there is a 0% chance of them learning it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get both.

This. I remember watching Saving Private Ryan my senior year in high school because we ran out of time to cover the 20th century in depth. My teacher was a retired gunny. Along with Orwell's 1984. Those two have had a lifelong impact. And I am a millennial.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This. I remember watching Saving Private Ryan my senior year in high school because we ran out of time to cover the 20th century in depth. My teacher was a retired gunny. Along with Orwell's 1984. Those two have had a lifelong impact. And I am a millennial.
View Quote
I wish we would have spent more time on history and less time reading Shakespeare and books like the hobbit and the princess bride.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What was her answer ?
View Quote
Tagged for the answer..................  

I was once subbing a Jr high class. A girl asked me in front of the whole class "If I thought she had big boobs?"  
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Yes. Blame the young kids.

Not the Gen X and Boomers who have run the schools for decades. It is clearly the kids fault who have gone through a single election cycle.

Also, fucking piece of shit everyone gets a trophy generation! Oh wait, the people handing out the trophies to every kid were adult Gen X and Boomers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Certainly......there are plenty of idiots out there.

But, there are tons of college kids who are smart as hell.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#30]
I recently worked with some 30ish year old college graduates that could not place the Civil War, WWI, WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam war to within a decade, and who could not consistently get these conflicts in chronological order.

I got the feeling that they knew a lot about various designated victim groups and their history.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you think non STEM college graduates would display a greater knowledge of history?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wife recently gave a presentation on veteran's law (primarily VA disability compensation and VA health care) to a bunch of 18-22yo college students.  30 minutes of presentation, 30 minutes of time for questions.

During the presentation portion, she discovered the following:
--none of them could tell her when the Vietnam War was.  Not even which decade.
--none of them could tell her which war followed World War I.
--none of them knew that Selective Service registration for males to be conscripted still existed.  THAT got the students' attention.
--none of them knew anyone in their family who had served in the military.

BUT! when she opened the floor for questions, the very first question was, "Why should we take care of veterans who served a racist government who is equivalent to ISIS in its policies overseas?"  I SHIT YOU NOT, THE VERY FIRST QUESTION COMPARED VETERANS TO TERRORISTS AND THE US GOVERNMENT TO ISIS.  And this is NOT a remarkably liberal college.

The next several decades in which the Millenials (and earliest Gen Zs) rise to power will be a VERY ugly time in US history.  BTW, the Millennial cohort (roughly 19-36yo) is even bigger than the Baby Boomers...
View Quote

Gen Z is alt-right. Get it? All-right puns.

Gen Zyklon-b is more conservative than every generation since WWII. Seems they hate communist Millennials, know how to actually parse information better than them (look how retarded the fake news advice is, it's literally "fake copycat websites exist, don't use them). They're rebelling against the commies and the SJW's that are the modern mainstream.

It'll be damn interesting to see what happens in 5 years as they come of age.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/07/the-post-millennial-generation-should-worry-democrats/

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/eric-metaxas/next-generation-americans-gen-z-may-be-most-conservative-wwii

>Born between 1995 -2010, they’re fiscally conservative, staunchly supportive of personal freedoms, and strong on national security including counter-terrorism and cyber-security, with a hint of isolationism

>In polling data collected by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation including 50,000 high-school students aged 14-18 just prior to the election, first time voters presented a 46% – 31% divide in favor of the Republican candidate with primary concerns being education, gun rights, and health care.
> My College Options and the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) today presented the results of a new national survey of approximately 50,000 “Generation Z” high school students’ (ages 14-18) attitudes on the 2016 presidential election which found that the majority identify as Republicans –

>Among Gen Z females we see the evaporation of a strong left/right gender divide with Trump coming out on top with by 3 points at 27% — 24%.   Once again, education (50%), economy (33%), health care (24%), and gun rights (22%) most heavily weighted their opinion.

>Males were more typical of the general population with 42% in favor of Trump vs 17% for Clinton.  Economy (43%), education (34%), gun rights (33%) and terrorism (20%) serve as chief concerns.

>A study focused on Gen Z in Britain discovered significantly more conservative views than millennials on issues such as marijuana legalization, trans-gender rights, and same-sex marriage.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
To be fair, the Russian Civil War really isn't taught in American schools.  Nor is the Irish War of Independence.

The Second Anglo-Boer War, 1899–1902

The First World War, 1914–1918

The Russian Civil War, 1917–1922

The Irish War of Independence, 1919–1921

The Irish Civil War, 1922–1923

The Second World War, 1939–1945
View Quote
When I was in high school they were all taught including the Russo-Japanese War and First and Second Sino-Japanese wars but that was in the 60's and the history teachers were all conservatives. By the 90's WWI was barely covered and WWII was about Pearl Harbor and how we caused it because we didn't kow-tow to the Japanese. The other wars were never mentioned. My nephews never heard of the Rape of Nanking either. To say the public school educated them is a joke but boy did they get brainwashed with Collectivism.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I would say in all my history courses growing up in school we never made it past WWI.

I literally know nothing about the 20th century other than what I've learned on my own.  This, of course, is mostly about wars, military technology, space, the US highway system, ad gun control. I have a very good understanding of these.

I know very little about social movements, politics, and major acts of domestic legislation. Hell, I  couldn't even place the presidents in the correct order between Taft and Reagan.

Bottom line is: School has been shit for at least 3 decades, and 90% of people will not investigate history much on their own. When they do, it is usually: 1) History buffs, 2) People who are interested in a specific topic (say, military technology) and 3) People with some sort of political agenda.

ETA::Oh, and my father has said the same thing about his siblings. 2 Sisters and a Brother. He says they don't know who fought in WW2. Same probably could be said about my mother.

ETA2::Oh, and don't get me started on science. Physics, chemistry, biology, geology, astronomy, etc. Most people of any age (millennials all the way back to the greatest generation) probably would fail a high school science test if given a pop quiz today. (just like I'd almost certainly fail a pop spelling quiz :p)
View Quote
Which is why the OP made a valid point with his story. I think school has been shit for less than 3 decades though, it wasn't shit when I went anyway, although you could see a trend in the humanities fields. 

We have graduates in my field that can't do a gram stain. Not all the fault of the students, it's been dumbed down so much, most of the science has been replaced by humanities. They can't even make a 70% solution using a 1L graduated cylinder.    Most of them have to take the ASCP test several times to pass it. I'm always happy when we hire people from the Philippines or other country, they are better educated and have a work ethic. 

Millennials that I work with are the poster child of why people hate millennials. The laziness is the most glaring thing, they make the 70's potheads look hard working and ambitious. They complain about the pay, they make proportionally more out of school than others have in the past. Always the first to leave early. Always calling in. Never volunteering for extra hours or shifts when the opportunity presents itself. 
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No way this is representative of the majority of college students. Must have been a community college or something.
View Quote
You must not be paying attention. College is where most of this stuff has originated. Jeeze, watch the news sometimes. Watch the videos they post on youtube. 

You must have been under a rock when students were walking out of class to go to Ferguson or participate in some other rebel cause. When they are interviewed they don't even know what they are protesting against. The professors give extra credit for it. 

College is more or less just and indoctrination institution. One of my friends is a ranger/biologist at a large state park, he has to deal with the teaching establishment all the time. He's far from being a political person and he can't stand dealing with teachers, or liberals. He was never like this before. The last time he came to visit he was talking to the spouse unit and they were talking about how people get hired and don't even show up for work. In his case these are people that actually have "degrees" in biology and science. They have a snowballs chance in hell of getting a job and they don't even show up when the opportunity presents itself. 
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#36]
my 15 year old has been woken up since he was a little kid.  
He's capable of holding debates with teachers, better than I sometimes.

It helps I'm raising him in a very conservative county, but the 24 year olds out of Madistan still get hired sometimes, before the end of the semester I usually have a "talk" with them, they never seem to last long.

His school has a solid base of 40-50 yr old conservative teachers, who get right to the truth in history and government classes. I've learned things from him that they taught him, the health teacher is a raging lib who is pissed we shut his bullshit down, heck  the KIDS DO.

I stay vigilant.

I'm in my 2nd year of college, in an enviro sci program, most of the students I've had with me since the beginning, this is my 4th semester.

they started as Kool Aid drinking doe eyed 20 something holey eared bastards and feminists.

More than half I've successfully red pilled. they even openly supported Trump.

One of my Professors, openly said "I like Plants" I'm starting to agree with you. you're right, this was after I chased the scool's sustainability expert from California out of the class,

the topic was cap and trade. I took her apart brining up the pollution in these third world countries and that they  are imposing contaminated coffee beans and fruits on us, at the expense of American farmers and pubic health, and pointing out that the goal is to lower our standards to that of the 3rd world.

The battle is far from lost.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sounds about right from what I have seen of the current young adults.  Lot less bright and shinning stars then in the past.  We talking to a 14 year old last night and her goal was to graduate HS and live in a car.  She thought she would just park in entry parking lots and bathe in bathrooms in stores.
View Quote
Welp, at least she planned on moving out. My friends grandson doesn't even want to learn how to drive. He literally knows - nothing. He has no curiosity about anything. Yet he makes good grades in school. 

He is up on the current liberal social justice causes and global warming. 
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

She asked which war the US was involved in subsequent to WWI.  The answer was WWII, obviously. They couldn't even suggest the name of any war.  But thanks for playing.
View Quote
While World War II is not a strictly technically correct answer, it would be a reasonable answer for most people.

The fact that none of the students could come up with that is chilling.

ETA I was born in 1958, i.e. a mid-Boomer, part of the bulge in the snake that caused a sudden, massive expansion in capacity at local public schools.  When I was in school, World War II was still sufficiently fresh in the minds of many living people that it was discussed often and in depth.

I met MANY actual veterans, people who had immigrated from Europe, scientists who worked on the Manhattan Project, etc.  And a lot of older men and women who didn't serve in the armed forces had supported the war effort by working at aircraft factories, ammo plants, etc.  Several of my teachers were actual veterans.  I got a very rich oral history of the era.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

kit.

View Quote
No. slavery was abolished 150 years ago. Let's not go back to that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

kit.

If you want to destroy the quality of the military that'd be a great way to do it.

Most people are not cut out for the military and no amount of yelling or hazing will change that, you'd just be wasting time and resources that could be better utilized elsewhere.

Volunteer military is the way to go.

The discipline and morale problems would be absurd, and WTF would you have millions of them doing? Over 4,000,000 people were born in the U.S. In 2008 for example, they'd all enter the military at about the same time, you'd have to train them and sort out the worthless ones which would be a HUGE undertaking. The quality of training would suffer as so many resources are diverted just dealing with all of them.

Your idea is super moto but it's not practical.

BTW all of the guys in Starship Troopers were volunteers.

Will you pay them? With what?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Do you think non STEM college graduates would display a greater knowledge of history?
View Quote
History was required for everyone when I went to school and I had a very good history professor. Also sciences were required for non-science majors. This was in the late 70's early 80's

As for who's fault it is, it's not so much the fault of any one generation as it is the "progressive" movement which has been going on for some time now, at least since right before WWII when communism was established in Russia. During the great depression many US citizens emigrated to Russia because of the promise of "equality" and "fairness". 

McCarthy tried to warn us. We should have listened. 
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

When I was in high school they were all taught including the Russo-Japanese War and First and Second Sino-Japanese wars but that was in the 60's and the history teachers were all conservatives. By the 90's WWI was barely covered and WWII was about Pearl Harbor and how we caused it because we didn't kow-tow to the Japanese. The other wars were never mentioned. My nephews never heard of the Rape of Nanking either. To say the public school educated them is a joke but boy did they get brainwashed with Collectivism.
View Quote
That sounds about right. 

When I was in HS in the 60's I had a history teacher that was a staunch patriot. He said someday the government would try to put a gauge in peoples noses and charge them for the air they breathe. 
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My brother and I were in the Army and never saw or participated in the shit that you describe.  My father served during and never saw it either.  What old school are you writing about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

kit.

Old school 82nd Airborne, I'm on the right. And mopping in the rain is just a example of the things they used to make the fuck ups do. I saw a guy that have to dig a 2 man fighting position behind our barracks and had to stay in it all weekend for losing a pro mask. what I mean by old school is harsh punishments to correct soldiers instead of all the current PC corrective training.

Good leadership could handle draftees, heck some might like it after a while.

Yet we don't have the money to fund it so let the kids do what they want.

The money part makes sense there needs to be some incentive to get more people to join like you can't serve in the government without military service

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
In my high school American history class (circa 2005), we spent several days learning about the hippy movement, and oh, by the way, something bad was happening in southeast Asia.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
BUT! when she opened the floor for questions, the very first question was, "Why should we take care of veterans who served a racist government who is equivalent to ISIS in its policies overseas?"  I SHIT YOU NOT, THE VERY FIRST QUESTION COMPARED VETERANS TO TERRORISTS AND THE US GOVERNMENT TO ISIS.  And this is NOT a remarkably liberal college.
View Quote

I'd have lost my shit
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Go sit on your lawn and yell at clouds

Not all of us are like that. Plus, it's your generations fault for teaching them and letting them be taught shit. Ironically my family is very liberal.  

I on the other hand, am not...

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
... there needs to be some incentive to get more people to join like you can't serve in the government without military service
View Quote
The Framers weren't thrilled about the idea of a standing army, so I can only imagine they'd have had even less support of the idea of martial service being a requisite for political office.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top