Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2017 5:33:59 PM EDT
I'm going to help my brother in law replace a starter and rebuild his carburetor. It's flooding gas bad, as in pouring out the overflow tube. I'm going to order a rebuild kit. I'm figuring main problem is float cracked and or float needle valve worn. When I look at repair kits I see no mention of a float nor can find a new float available. What's up with that? Halp please!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I found one with a float in the kit now.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Most likely it's the needle and seat, they will get a groove worn I to the needle tip from vibration...but always a good thing to replace floats as well..
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Honda parts or aftermarket?

I've never seen a cracked float in a Honda and I work on quite a few, all the way back to the 80's three wheelers.

Like AK said needle isn't sealing more than likely. I would still get the needle though. The parts from Honda aren't that bad price-wise, looks like close to 60.00.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If that doesn't work consider a new carb.  I have a Honda Recon and rebuilt the carb and still had issues with it cutting out after riding for about 5 minutes.  I busted for a new carb and it has been running like new for the past 6 months. Not sure what the heck the issue was but that rebuild did nothin for me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I would say it's the needle.

Moisture in the gas makes them corrode and get little pits on the four little flutes that run the length of the needle.

Then the needle hangs up on the seat.

Almost never the plastic float.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet it's the seats they will be in the rebuild kit just did the same to my Arctic Cat

Pretty straight forward
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top