Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/25/2017 12:44:56 PM EDT
Will I be impressed?  Seeing them in Nashville with some friends and family.

I've seen the Eagles twice, REO twice, Chicago, and Foo Fighters live.  Can Roger blow them away? Wonder why David Gilmour wont play...? 

Edit: 6 tixs at $170/piece + extra fees
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I've seen the Eagles twice, REO twice, Chicago, and Foo Fighters live.  Can Roger blow them away? Wonder why David Gilmour wont play...? 
View Quote

Fuck that anti-Israel bastard.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]
He can't sing anymore. His voice is shot. Keep that in mind after you paid that much money.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I am like a huge Floyd fan...I wouldn't pay $200 for Waters tickets....

And no singer/band is worth $1,300 unless they are going to smother me in 18 year old groupies after the show, and let me take pics...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck that noise.

Good luck OP, hope for you it's not a waste.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I didn't want to be the first one to post it, but since we are on full derail now, I will pile on with you.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Went to one of his shows about 15 years ago for free and walked out 30 min in. It sucked so bad!

Fuck him!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn you front row center? I had great mezzanine seats when he did The Wall tour for like 75 bucks, maybe 125? Good show.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
1300$????

Is he going to give you a handjob while singing The Wall?

I'm a huge Floyd head and I would never pay that much unless it included some crazy VIP package.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#10]
For $1300 roger better be giving blowies away.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Went to one of his shows about 15 years ago for free and walked out 30 min in. It sucked so bad!

Fuck him!!!
View Quote
What was so bad about the experience?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I got free tickets like 7yrs ago...

From what I see online, EVERY show is the same..

I'm sure you'll have the pig with writing on it being tossed around the Lawn section.

Glad I didn't pay for that shit.

Some people have more dollars than sense.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#13]
After 8 years here can't toss $20 to the site but $1300 for horse shit is just fine?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And no singer/band is worth $1,300 unless they are going to smother me in 18 year old groupies after the show, and let me take pics...
View Quote
Fuck the pics I want unrestricted sniffs and tastes
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Damn you front row center? I had great mezzanine seats when he did The Wall tour for like 75 bucks, maybe 125? Good show.
View Quote
6 tickets, about $170+ BS 'fees' for lower section
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#16]
If you're lucky, you can get seats close enough for him to spit on you.

Fuck Roger Waters.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Must be nice to be able to piss $1,300 away. Great country U.S.A. i can't afford to pay attention.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck him!!!
His voice is shot. Bunch of old dudes sitting on barstools playing the music. There was zero "show." Glad I was able to see them back in the day!

I would have been happier with a cd in sipping whiskey on the deck out back.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry OP, but Roger Waters ain't shit without Gilmour, Wright and Mason.

He even realized this, after finding himself playing to 500 people, while across the street Pink Floyd was playing to 50,000.

He's pro Palestine all the way and I feel bad breaking this news to you.

In the end, it's your money and you enjoy its substance for you, not us.

Regards
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Saw the Radio Kaos tour in '87,  great show. Saw him about ten or twelve years ago, I think, the one where he does the Wall. Cool show but yeah, his voice is raspy as hell. And the 'conservatives are evil' schtick is old. It was old thirty-five years ago with all the "Thatcher and Reagan clinking champaigne glasses together as mushroom clouds bloom" bullshit, and its old today. If capitalism is so fucking bad, give away your albums and perform for free. As vacuous and soulless as Gimour's Floyd is, at least he keeps his opinions to himself and plays songs people pay to come see him play. And I say this as a fan of Waters' music.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sorry OP, but Roger Waters ain't shit without Gilmour, Wright and Mason.

He even realized this, after finding himself playing to 500 people, while across the street Pink Floyd was playing to 50,000.

He's pro Palestine all the way and I feel bad breaking this news to you.

In the end, it's your money and you enjoy its substance for you, not us.

Regards
View Quote
Darn, I knew they were left leaning just by hearing some of their lyrics...  Didn't know they went off the deep end
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't pay $1,300 to see someone I'd heard of, let alone Roger Walters. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Does it come with a 1/4 ounce of blow and a hooker?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Who?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
He can't sing anymore. His voice is shot. Keep that in mind after you paid that much money.
View Quote
Roger never could sing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Went with the Wife when he was doing the Dark Side of the Moon years ago. Walked out in less then 30 minutes, FUCK HIM. That filthy mother fucker turned the entire first half of the show into a anti Bush, anti Israel, pro muslim rant and a shitty song about how peaceful muslims are. He can go fuck his whore mother.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks OP...just got tickets to see him at Tacoma Dome.

I do love Pink Floyd....
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Jew hater.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#34]
OP should have bought $100 bottle of Scotch, 8 ball/Fat J, 6 big Steaks for the grill,
wine, beer and saved $800 by having a party in his home and watched a zillion live
recorded Waters/ Floyd concerts on his big screen.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Despite his politics, he puts on an amazing show.

Eta- I saw him live in '98.  Things could have changed since then.
View Quote
I saw him in '00 and it was a great show. No politics in it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#36]
All the haters can go fuck themselves.  

His "The Wall" show a few years back was fucking awesome... such a badd ass production. The dude spared no expense. I wish I had $1300 seats for it.

My feeling is you are going to get your moneys worth and will be able to check off one more on your list of awesome shows.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Seeing them in Nashville with some friends and family.
View Quote

Them?
It's not the Roger Waters band, it's Roger Waters.
You are paying to see Roger Waters.

Waters is a total jackass.
A libtard moron.
He's the one who forced Rick Wright out of the band.
Funny how after Waters left Floyd that Wright rejoined Floyd (on his own terms).

I would not waste my money on anything with Waters.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Except for the Foo Fighters, those are 1970's & 1980's bands.  They had their time, it's over.  I saw those people during the Arena Rock era - - paraphrase:
In a dark and sweaty arena in '79, tables turning, Dancing girls, silly girls, all kinds of girls, And it was loud! Watching the Stinking Hippy throwing the Naked thunder to the crowd, In the Hungry Daze!

But High School is out. Those musicians are old wrinkly men. Their voices are cracking, their performance is lackluster, while they try and imitate a previous version of themselves.  To quote someone who's been there, done that, and knows when to quit:

"I don't want to see old people doing rap or rock and roll. It makes me cringe.
"You either evolve or you don't. I don't like old people on a rock n' roll stage. I think they look pathetic, me included."
Grace Slick
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I only paid $14 for my Roger Waters ticket.

in 1985
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Saw the Radio Kaos tour in '87,  great show.
View Quote
Yep.  I was in the 12th row center stage for the Radio Kaos tour.  One of the best shows of my life and I have been to plenty.  With that said, I was young and had no idea at that time about politics and such.

Now, I wouldn't pay $1 to see him.

Edit:  I think I paid $15 or so.  Ticket prices anymore are stupid.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I saw his Wall tour twice a few years ago. I had a great time. Yeah, he's an insufferable liberal douche but he always has been.

Don't let the other people make you feel bad for spending that much money. You'll be having fun and making memories. They will spend the same amount for a tier 1 optic and some ammo for a gun that only comes out of the safe twice a year.

Have fun and be sure to post pictures.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#43]
If you've never seen Roger, David, or Pink Floyd live...then I'd say it's worth it for the experience.  Their touring days are coming to an end.

I saw Roger in 2010 and 2012, David in 2006...all great shows.  LOL at those bringing politics into this.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I saw his Wall tour twice a few years ago. I had a great time. Yeah, he's an insufferable liberal douche but he always has been.

Don't let the other people make you feel bad for spending that much money. You'll be having fun and making memories. They will spend the same amount for a tier 1 optic and some ammo for a gun that only comes out of the safe twice a year.

Have fun and be sure to post pictures.
View Quote
I LOL'ed 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Except for the Foo Fighters, those are 1970's & 1980's bands.  They had their time, it's over.  I saw those people during the Arena Rock era - - paraphrase:
In a dark and sweaty arena in '79, tables turning, Dancing girls, silly girls, all kinds of girls, And it was loud! Watching the Stinking Hippy throwing the Naked thunder to the crowd, In the Hungry Daze!

But High School is out. Those musicians are old wrinkly men. Their voices are cracking, their performance is lackluster, while they try and imitate a previous version of themselves.  To quote someone who's been there, done that, and knows when to quit:

"I don't want to see old people doing rap or rock and roll. It makes me cringe.
"You either evolve or you don't. I don't like old people on a rock n' roll stage. I think they look pathetic, me included."
Grace Slick
View Quote
Well The Eagles were insane both times I saw them. Saw them right before Glenn died. Joe Walsh is still NUTS! on a guitar.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#46]
OP should have bought $100 bottle of Scotch, 8 ball/Fat J, 6 big Steaks for the grill,
wine, beer and saved $800 by having a party in his home and watched a zillion live
recorded Waters/ Floyd concerts on his big screen.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Them?

A libtard moron.
Funny how after Waters left Floyd that Wright rejoined Floyd (on his own terms).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seeing them in Nashville with some friends and family.

Them?

A libtard moron.

Rick Wright got kicked out because he was so strung out on coke that he couldn't even play anymore. His coke habit was the reason they went to two drummers.

Pink Floyd isn't Pink Floyd without Roger Waters. While David is a great guitar player has has just about zero ability to compose.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Going to see Chicago and Doobie Brothers at Red Rocks this summer.  Similar ticket prices.  Would see Gilmour but not Waters and pretty sure they don't do shows together.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top