BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MY PIPES ARE LOUD AS FUCK!
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/azroadrunner2007/15Wideglide_zpsindvazu8.jpg
DON'T LIKE IT? OH THE FUCK WELL DIPSHIT
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/azroadrunner2007/LEN_4150r_zpsf5bff8a0.jpg
I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK! GET IT?
View Quote
Lol. What a douche. Road warrior over here.......

Haven't seen that before. A biker with a fake ass attitude.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bought my first motorcycle in the 70's and back then
people had a negative view of riders and people would
go out of their way to mess with anyone on a bike.

Many in law enforcement also stereotyped riders in with
the bad ones and lots of guys were harassed across the
country. We would get pulled over often when traveling
through small towns on our weekend road trips.

Back then there was a concentrated effort by the motorcycle
community to change the image of the rider and it went on
for many years and you could read articles in the industry
magazines that explained why loud pipes and other idiotic
biker trends were making it hard on the riders. Loud pipes
were made illegal in many areas and they were on the list
of don'ts when it came to changing the image of the rider.

Most guys these days have no idea what the riding community
went through back then and the effort that was made to change
the image of the biker so everyone didn't think they were part
of an outlaw gang.

The fact is that many of the posers and pretenders love the
idea that people think they are 1 percenters and emulate the
dress and riding style of outlaw bikers.

It's kind of pathetic when you watch the prancers and preeners
pulling into a parking lot and then spending 20 minutes
checking their "look" out as they all stand around like
twelve year olds with their new Halloween costumes.
View Quote
and Harley went right along with that 1%er trend by promoting a deviant lifestyle image and sold a shit ton of bikes and gear in the process.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OMG, he actually believes this!!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a fan of obnoxiously loud pipes but claiming it's damaging your hearing is ridiculous.  That's on the same level as people who claim that people shooting is damaging their hearing or giving the ptsd.

The earplugs are usually for wind noise, not the exhaust.
OMG, he actually believes this!!  
Once you've claimed that lifestyle and the fake attitude that goes with it, you have to play that out to the end.

Ear plugs for wind noise. Yep. You saw that here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Growing up in a shitty neighborhood, I constantly heard vehicles with rusted out exhausts.

I don't understand how an open exhaust on a motorcycle sounds good to anyone, it just sounds like hundreds of pounds of poverty rolling down the road.
View Quote
Or the rider's equal weight in attention deficit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You want to come and tell my 2 neighbors who complain about me shooting in my backyard that they have no right to complain? They'll use the same excuse you just did (in bold above). FWIW I wait until after noon to do any shooting, and typically we only shoot for about an hour. The best part? They'll say something to me about shooting and it wasn't even me. There are no less than six other people in the vicinity shooting on any weekend, and sometimes on weeknights.

Different people have different interpretations of what they think they're "rights" are.

I live about 3 miles from the freeway. I can hear loud Harleys, ricers, cars, trucks, and jake brakes all day long, not to mention at night. I guess I should have them re-route the freeway.

JFC, a loud vehicle driving by lasts a matter of seconds. Get the fuck over it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure it has, or could disturb someone.  If people don't like gunfire they shouldn't move next to a gun range, if the sound of internal combustion engines bothers you don't go on the road.  Or get a better car, or better house.
Do you realize how fucking idiotic of a point that is?

A better car or a better house?

Stay off of the roads?

Man that's seriously stupid shit right there...

How about your rights end when they interfere with the rights of others. How bow dat?

Is it my right to follow you around while screaming into your fucking ear?
You want to come and tell my 2 neighbors who complain about me shooting in my backyard that they have no right to complain? They'll use the same excuse you just did (in bold above). FWIW I wait until after noon to do any shooting, and typically we only shoot for about an hour. The best part? They'll say something to me about shooting and it wasn't even me. There are no less than six other people in the vicinity shooting on any weekend, and sometimes on weeknights.

Different people have different interpretations of what they think they're "rights" are.

I live about 3 miles from the freeway. I can hear loud Harleys, ricers, cars, trucks, and jake brakes all day long, not to mention at night. I guess I should have them re-route the freeway.

JFC, a loud vehicle driving by lasts a matter of seconds. Get the fuck over it.
Bullshit.

Riding a bike that has been altered to be as loud as fucking possible, for hours on end, revving and accelerating like a complete fuckknob..... Shares literally nothing in common with your afternoon range session.

Unless or course your range session includes touring the countryside with a A-10 and thousands of rounds as you strafe endlessly at will, destroying the sanctity of everyone around you.

You bikers are all about "freedom"..... but mostly about being obnoxious assholes whom scream freedom while violating the the rights of others.

It's funny, bikers love to drive around making as much noise as possible, but the second some loud ass rap music listening asshole drives by, fuck that guy!!

Newsflash, both of them are assholes!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#6]
When I drove a truck the loud pipes of a harley did alert me to when a motorcycle was next to me or in my blind spots so there is that.  It's the ricers wizzing by at 90mph that scare the crap out of you.

ETA: the "making up for a small dick" comments seem to apply to loud motorcycles (harleys specifically) brodozers, and guns.  Quit liking what I don't like.  Libtard much?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I utilize this so bikers can be aware of my presence on the road:

Its for their safety.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#8]
So, if I have loud pipes how am I going to hear another vehicle with loud pipes approaching?  Unless they have louder pipes which means I need louder pipes so the guy with louder pipes can hear me.  But then I can't hear him.  So he needs to have louder pipes.  Then I need louder pipes.  Then he...  
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

MUST I REPEAT MR CARTOON MAN? I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK!
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was taught a long time ago that my right to swing my fist ends where someone else's nose begins. So how is it some attention-whoring fag* gets to have those obnoxiously loud pipes on their motorcycles when it hurts my ears? I get all the talk about "muh rights" and "sound of liberty" and whatnot, but when it's actually causing me pain, why do they get a pass?

It's because of thoughtless assholes that go out of their way to be complete and total cunts that we end up with people saying "somebody needs to do something" which invariably leads to more laws. You can enjoy your mid-life crisis-mobile without causing me hearing loss.

*n. 1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders. 2. A person who owns or frequently rides a Harley.
View Quote

It's not actually causing you pain. Stop being dramatic. It's just annoying.

People who ride around gunning their engines and making a racket are obnoxious assholes. Sometimes in life we have to deal with obnoxious assholes. We don't. Always have to turn to the government to deal with.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not a fan of obnoxiously loud pipes but claiming it's damaging your hearing is ridiculous.  That's on the same level as people who claim that people shooting is damaging their hearing or giving the ptsd.

The earplugs are usually for wind noise, not the exhaust.
View Quote
Do you know anything about how hearing works, and weighted averages?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I utilize this so bikers can be aware of my presence on the road:

http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20150312093300/ImageHandler/scale/646/646/ca/learningcenter/articles/1823/kenwoodsub.jpg

Its for their safety.
View Quote
As long as you don't camp the passing lane, I don't care if you're towing philharmonic orchestra in a trailer.

Cool avatar, though
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ear plugs for wind noise. Yep. You saw that here.
View Quote
It's true.

In all seriousness, I often use this fact as a clue as to who is a real motorcyclist or not. Those who dismiss the use of earplugs to protect against the very real danger of wind noise usually aren't.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's true.

In all seriousness, I often use this fact as a clue as to who is a real motorcyclist or not. Those who dismiss the use of earplugs to protect against the very real danger of wind noise usually aren't.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's true.

This.
Lanes, facts, you bikers will split anything.

In a normal scenario I'm sure the rider uses them for wind. Couldn't agree more.

When your pipes are 100+ times louder than the wind, you sound like an idiot saying it's for the wind.

I wear earplugs at the range so I don't have to hear the range master. It helps some with the sound of guns firing right in front of me, but that's not why I wear them.....
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Lanes, facts, you bikers will split anything.

In a normal scenario I'm sure the rider uses them for wind. Couldn't agree more.

When your pipes are 100+ times louder than the wind, you sound like an idiot saying it's for the wind.

I wear earplugs at the range so I don't have to hear the range master. It helps some with the sound of guns firing right in front of me, but that's not why I wear them.....
View Quote
It's obvious you don't ride much.  It's equally obvious you have no clue what a bike with loud pipes sounds like when you're on it.  

You sound like a moron when you argue your perception of the facts, not the facts themselves.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You're an exception. I've honestly NEVER seen a Harley rider with one on here. Anyway it wasn't a rant. I don't really care, I'm just calling it like it is. They claim loud pipes are for safety and then don't wear a helmet. Does not compute other than both of those issues are about projecting an image to look cool and load up on warm fuzzy feelings. The funny thing is one is a very real and tangible way to improve your safety when riding and can very easily be shown how it is likely to save your life. The other has no quantifiable measure of added safety.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's about the most ignorant rant I've heard yet on ARFCOM. It's the same sterotyping antigun libtard mentality that says anyone owning an AR (aka Assault Rifle), especially anyone frequenting an online forum on guns, must be a terrorist...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/440344/IMG-0101-174012.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/440344/IMG-5445-174017.JPG
You're an exception. I've honestly NEVER seen a Harley rider with one on here. Anyway it wasn't a rant. I don't really care, I'm just calling it like it is. They claim loud pipes are for safety and then don't wear a helmet. Does not compute other than both of those issues are about projecting an image to look cool and load up on warm fuzzy feelings. The funny thing is one is a very real and tangible way to improve your safety when riding and can very easily be shown how it is likely to save your life. The other has no quantifiable measure of added safety.
I ride a Harley and wear a full face helmet at times.  The type of helmet I wear is generally dependent on variables like the season, weather, ride length, etc.  I own full face, 3/4, and half helmets.

I'm not as out-spoken as others on the whole "loud pipes save lives" mantra, but I have experienced a correlation between the awareness of car drivers when you have louder pipes verses quieter pipes.  In over 40 years of riding, I've had more cars push me out of my lane or pull out in front of me when I had quieter pipes/engine noise.  This doesn't make me want louder pipes just for that reason, but they do seem to make a difference, in my experience anyway.  Just so you know, I have completely stock mufflers on my bike and really loud non-baffled pipes annoy me too.

I had a recent experience that really brought this topic to the surface again.  I spent a weekend riding a Zero electric motorcycle though the mountains. It was a blast!  I had no idea I would enjoy it so much.  However, I became keenly aware that riding a totally silent motorcycle in traffic was a little scary.  No one knew I was even riding right beside them until they visually saw me.  I saw many surprised looks from car drivers that weekend.  I had never even considered this might be a safety issue until I experienced it.

As I previously mentioned, I'm not a fan of crazy loud pipes.  But I do have to respectfully disagree with you that there's is no quantifiable measure that louder exhausts are safer.  I have experienced it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's obvious you don't ride much.  It's equally obvious you have no clue what a bike with loud pipes sounds like when you're on it.  

You sound like a moron when you argue your perception of the facts, not the facts themselves.
View Quote
I've ridden. Had a Katana 750 for about a year. It wasn't my thing.

You can hear that bike just fine at ALL times until you're over 50-60mph. There you go again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You can hear that bike just fine at ALL times until you're over 50-60mph. There you go again.
View Quote
I rest my case.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I rest my case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I rest my case.
Well yeah, but he still wanted to come back and share the expertise he gained with the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#24]
You know, I almost totally forgot to laugh at the if it ain't a Harley crowd. Lol.

Seat those earplugs tight around town. Wouldn't want wind damage, lol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Bunch of slack jawed faggots in here.

Bunch of idiots who are all I'm a patriot, but we need more laws for X.  Probably most of the nevertrumpers.

Fuck you cry babies.  Same fucking losers most of the times who are like that gun owner deserved to be arrested for X.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You know, I almost totally forgot to laugh at the if it ain't a Harley crowd. Lol.

View Quote
We value the wealth of knowledge someone who doesn't even ride provides.  You're an inspiration.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bunch of idiots who are all I'm a patriot, but we need more laws for X.  Probably most of the nevertrumpers.

Fuck you cry babies.  Same fucking losers most of the times who are like that gun owner deserved to be arrested for X.  
View Quote
Maybe it's those slack jaw faggots that can't cap their need to shit on society and intrude on anyone you please and play their free country card that cause these laws to even be considered?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We value the wealth of knowledge someone who doesn't even ride provides.  You're an inspiration.
View Quote
It's like being a Marine. It's a brotherhood of the bike. Lol.

Better yet, unless you are currently a homo, you can't have an opinion on any gay rights issue. Got it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#29]
The good news is that the loud pipes dipshits don't usually wear helmets.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Funny you noticed that. My generator from my cabinet installs I did years ago on the side. Anyone looking for a Honda generator?
View Quote
I would keep it, so that you at the least have one small engine at your home that doesn't sound terrible.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#31]
An electric bike would kick ass.  Nothing but the sound of wind noise and chicken strips wearing away.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who said anything about MORE laws about noisy pipes? Society doesn't need any new laws.

Laws already exist on the books for excessively loud road vehicles, it's just that, since there isn't any money in ticketing them, they don't get stopped.

What is funny though, is that they had a Db noise reader years ago at Silver Lake Sand Dunes at the access point and you had to test OK at idle AND at 3000 RPM to be allowed entry onto the dunes. Fail and it was GTFO until you could come into compliance.

I'd bet a paycheck or 52 that the loud bikes people complain about don't even come close to what is already codified into law as far as noise standards.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
An electric bike would kick ass.  Nothing but the sound of wind noise and chicken strips wearing away.
View Quote
I'd love an electric bike that I found to be as comfortable as mine and had the range I need.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
One of the guys in our DOC has a Brammo. When he leaves meets, he zooms away with nothing but some clicking of the final drive chain. Friggin' awesome.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#35]
So you admit you're an inconsiderate asshole?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Sorry Harley Riders.

The real Harley Riders over at hdforums say that loud pipes are mostly to "Drop panties" Or to "Annoy people."

Looks like this thread is settled.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/820985-why-do-people-rev-their-engines-at-stop-lights.html
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#37]
With the quietness of an electric, and proper adjustment of the wind screen so the bottom of your helmet sits in undisturbed air, a short trip through the mountains would be glorious.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sorry Harley Riders.

The real Harley Riders over at hdforums say that loud pipes are mostly to "Drop panties" Or to "Annoy people."

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/820985-why-do-people-rev-their-engines-at-stop-lights.html
View Quote
I don't think anyone has disputed that.  I'd add "because I prefer the sound" to that list, though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
With the quietness of an electric, and proper adjustment of the wind screen so the bottom of your helmet sits in undisturbed air, a short trip through the mountains would be glorious.
View Quote
That's the problem, though.  It has to be a short trip.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Bitch about our pipes
Bitch about our dress
Bitch about our bikes
Bitches please

Going for a ride
Sunday = Funday
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Inflicting the noise from your obnoxiously loud pipes on others is the
same as playing a stereo at obnoxiously loud volume.
It just shows a lack of manners and courtesy for others.

You want to impress me?
Be polite and respectful of others rights.

Otherwise, you're "That guy".
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#42]
At least in Arkansas, aftermarket exhaust is all but illegal:
http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-27/subtitle-3/chapter-37/subchapter-6/27-37-601
27-37-601. Noise or smoke producing devices prohibited.
(a) Every motor vehicle shall, at all times, be equipped with a factory-installed muffler or one duplicating factory specifications, in good working order and in constant operation, to prevent excessive or unusual noise and annoying smoke.

Anything that that has a muffler that isn't factory spec can get a ticket on a public road at least around here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sorry Harley Riders.

View Quote
I've been riding 35 years and I rarely see anyone revving at stop lights. When I have, it's squids on ricers doing most of the revving. The rest are a pretty even bunch of hot rods, bro trucks, and Harleys. The number of revvers I encounter aren't even worth the effort to bitch about.  Once ALL of the offenders are being whined about, then the thread is settled.

I don't rev my bike at lights, in the bar parking lot, or in my driveway. I save pinning the throttle for out in farm country to avoid moronic phone gazing, dumbfuck car drivers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I've been riding 35 years and I rarely see anyone revving at stop lights. When I have, it's squids on ricers doing most of the revving. The rest are a pretty even bunch of hot rods, bro trucks, and Harleys. The number of revvers I encounter aren't even worth the effort to bitch about.  Once ALL of the offenders are being whined about, then the thread is settled.

I don't rev my bike at lights, in the bar parking lot, or in my driveway. I save pinning the throttle for out in farm country to avoid moronic phone gazing, dumbfuck car drivers.
View Quote
It's incredible the number of times cagers are in my lane while they're on the phone.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They don't really care what whiners do or don't give a shit about.
View Quote
Thats because you are self centered and possibly suffering from some sort of developmental or personality disorder
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thats because you are self centered and possibly suffering from some sort of developmental or personality disorder
View Quote
Or I'm just immune to the constant need for you to find something to cry about.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#47]
All right! That's it! I've been ridiculed and ostracized enough!

I'm going to stuff cotton balls and marshmallows into my Python 3's, stand on my seat and do this at every stoplight from now on!:

Johnny Weismuller Tarzan Call

Hate me now beyotches!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
It doesn't matter if you ride a Harley or a Honda.  Wind roar and pressure at 30 mph is just as damaging as 60 mph.  Long term exposure can lead to both hearing loss and Tinnitus.  Only people who don't ride think the ear plugs are about loud pipes.  By the way, I have a Harley and a Kawasaki sitting in my garage and both are great bikes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#49]
... Arizona is fairly Conservative and tolerant of these things. By and large most riders sporting drag pipes here idle respectfully through neighborhoods and towns. Factory pipes that came stock with my kit

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
MY PIPES ARE LOUD AS FUCK!
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/azroadrunner2007/15Wideglide_zpsindvazu8.jpg
DON'T LIKE IT? OH THE FUCK WELL DIPSHIT
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q569/azroadrunner2007/LEN_4150r_zpsf5bff8a0.jpg
I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK! GET IT?
View Quote
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top