Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe in the income tax. Should only pay taxes on what you purchase.......period.

Until that changes it can be as easy as your total taxable income x10%, write the check.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The solution is simple, (though it will never be done).

People should only vote for representatives and senators who prepare their own tax returns.  They should lock themselves into a large room, and only emerge after they have prepared their tax return.

We would shortly have a consumption based tax system.
View Quote
Every year we should lock each one of the congress critters in there own room and make them do their own taxes any of them that cannot do it after 8 hrs are immediately impeached and removed from office.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is it bad that I'm less worried about the tax and more worried about social security. I'm 31 and loss all kinds of money to social security.
View Quote
Are you somehow under the impression that social security is different from the rest of the bullshit taxes you pay in ANY way?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
one time I googled how many laws there are in America. There was no answer. apparently the gobment did a 2 year study one time to see how many we had and they never could add them up. no one knows how many laws we have and they stay up nights making more. There should be like 5 laws. Dont steal, Dont cause physical harm, Dont drink and drive, and dont abuse, no fraud.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Don't forget all of the excise taxes, fees, licenses, hidden charges. If the truth was known, 70% or more of your money goes to the government.
View Quote
as much as I hate taxes I'm pretty sure you're off a bit there. but then I guess it all depends on each person.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The tax code will never be simple because HR Block and Turbo Tax and whatnot have better lobbyists than you.
View Quote
If we could get election day changed to april 16, we could.  Things would change quickly.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't believe in the income tax. Should only pay taxes on what you purchase.......period.

Until that changes it can be as easy as your total taxable income x10%, write the check.
View Quote
Ancient people considered taxes to be a badge of slavery, and I agree.

Tax things, not people.  Consumption taxes for the win.

The progressive rate income tax was the most destructive idea Marx ever came up with.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I own a business, a CPA does mine for $475.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
as much as I hate taxes I'm pretty sure you're off a bit there. but then I guess it all depends on each person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget all of the excise taxes, fees, licenses, hidden charges. If the truth was known, 70% or more of your money goes to the government.
Federal income tax rate can be as high as 39%.  State income tax can be up to 13%.  Sales tax can be 10% or more.  Property taxes can be 2-5% or more of total annual income.  School taxes, fuel taxes, tolls and other usage taxes.  Add in Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid and others I am sure I am missing and it is easy to get to 70%.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Teaching real world math in schools would help.

Why as an adult do I need to solve for X?

Everything in the modern world is in decimals...WTF do I need fractions in real life?
What real life event will I ever need to use the  FOIL method?
3X5=15...NOT 3 sets of 5.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Everything in the modern world is in decimals...WTF do I need fractions in real life?    
View Quote
I must still be living in the ancient world, I use fractions every day.

But, many of my fellow employees struggle attempting to read a tape measure.

Small wonder that the gov't is able to keep such a stupid tax system.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Rant was missing the part about trees and short ropes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What you say, vote the bumbs out who won't reform our tax system? Impossible because there is a permanent majority of voters who
will always support the present system. The population of dependents has increased and will increase faster than non dependent
population.
View Quote
I liked Reagan overall but the EITC was straight out of the Karl Marx wealth distribution handbook and we will forever be saddled with it.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#14]
this is done to steal from the working people to give to the scum leeches..the confusing language, laws and loopholes are designed so you never can really figure out how much the scum on welfare steal from you through their government proxy
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top