Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Trashy ghetto dog for trashy ghetto people

All the people I've seen with them look straight ghetto trash
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I walked into the local Tractor Supply Company store today with my five year old. As soon as we were in, a lady came over with a POS-BOP, saying how much it liked kids and would lick their faces and did my son want to pet it. I pulled my son to the left to put myself between him and the dog, just as the dog went low and started a deep growl. WTF. I put a display between us and kept moving on. The lady started whining about what a good dog it was. People started unassing the store left and right. Breed needs to be put down. No ms-paint.  True story bro.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Funny videos of peetboos getting booolits

This cop shot herself 

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fb0_1480354724

Dis doggy is deaded

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ec1_1481770417

This one screams like a pig 

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f23_1356395420

Drama llamas here

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=905_1459640041
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been bitten by many types of dogs but not by a pit trying to do damage. If a big pit wants to hurt any human they are capable of inflicting great damage.  I put all dogs capable of inflicting heavy damage in the same category.  Any dog over 60 pounds can hurt you quickly.  I have a 7 pound terrier type and it has bitten me morel than any dog I have ever owned. The kids like it and it is a fearless watch dog is the only reason he is not TU.
If the dog was over 12 pounds, I would have had to get rid of it because it is so damn mean.
My not well written point is that capability to hurt you should determine how you treat a dog.
My parents have an 75 pound American pit and I trust it enough to play with it some but it is always in the back of my mind that I could have to defend myself from it, just like any other dog of at size and capability.
If you cannot defend yourself and live with a big pit, you are putting your and everyone around you at risk.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank god it hasn't affected your ability to post on arfcom.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread makes me want to get a pit bull as my next dog just to stick it to the "If it only saves one life" types.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Worst is a 5 year old little girl that was chewed up by the family pet.  We're getting her ready to go to the trauma center.  

Mom is a hospital executive, not a thug family.
View Quote
You no like Pete Boo?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not just pits that snap.  My brother bought a springer spaniel from a breeder.  He was out in the field working the dog with a bird.

My brother reached for the bird and he said it was like a switch was flipped.  The dog went full retard.  My brother said it was a knock down drag out brawl.

He said he couldn't even get his knife out of his pocket.  Suddenly the dog stopped, looked at him and started wagging its tail like everything was fine.

He took the dog to the vet, had the dog put down, drove to the hospital to get his hands stitched up.
View Quote
Pretty well known thing with Springers. Almost like epilepsy, but more of a violent rage. Like flipping a switch is spot on.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#10]
The pitbull like many of the other Molosser breeds have a tenacious mind set.

Once they get it into their mind that they will attack something they will not be deterred.

Now what triggers this attack remains unknown in many cases.

Perhaps the child was pestering the dog (pulling its tail or ears).

Perhaps the child was running and screaming triggering the dogs prey instincts.

I have Bullmastiffs which are like pitbulls + another 80 pounds or more and I have socialized mine around young children.

But I would never leave a child alone with my dogs even though I trust them.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I had my Pit put down, he was becoming anti social and showed teeth to my youngest son for no reason.  He was a big strong dog and I have no doubt he could have killed an adult much less a child, Pits are now bullet sponges as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The CDC's report on dog bites showed 4+ million bites per year in the US, but didn't show a single breed that was worse than others.  You're believing the media's exaggerations.z
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00047723.htm
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#13]
For the "kill them all" crowd, say you get your wish. What then? Do you think dogs will magically quit biting? Do you think irresponsible owners who get dogs to project an image will just stop owning dogs? Or maybe choose some little fluffy Shih Tzu or Pomeranian instead?

Or do you think it more likely that they move on to another breed? Perhaps the Cane Corso, or the Presa Canario, or the Dogue de Bordeaux, or the Boerboel, or any one of perhaps 50+ other breeds, and you won't get to pick which one they go for next. Already, the Cane Corso is rising in popularity. It is ranked as the 40th most popular breed registered by the AKC, well above breeds like the Australian Cattle Dog, Shar Pei, Dalmatian, and Pekingese (along with about 145 other breeds).

Do you exterminate those too? Exterminate everything that might be mishandled? Kill anything that scares you? How do you think that will play out? Where does it stop?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This thread makes me want to get a pit bull as my next dog just to stick it to the "If it only saves one life" types.
View Quote
Go for it, you sound especially qualified to own one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For the "kill them all" crowd, say you get your wish. What then? Do you think dogs will magically quit biting? Do you think irresponsible owners who get dogs to project an image will just stop owning dogs? Or maybe choose some little fluffy Shih Tzu or Pomeranian instead?

Or do you think it more likely that they move on to another breed? Perhaps the Cane Corso, or the Presa Canario, or the Dogue de Bordeaux, or the Boerboel, or any one of perhaps 50+ other breeds, and you won't get to pick which one they go for next. Already, the Cane Corso is rising in popularity. It is ranked as the 40th most popular breed registered by the AKC, well above breeds like the Australian Cattle Dog, Shar Pei, Dalmatian, and Pekingese (along with about 145 other breeds).

Do you exterminate those too? Exterminate everything that might be mishandled? Kill anything that scares you? How do you think that will play out? Where does it stop?
View Quote
Nah, wishing pitbulls and stupid people away is like wishing murder away. Not going to happen. Stupid people still suck though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
with those dogs you are just playing genetic roulette
the ones that go off and attack you never know when or why
they were bred many years ago to attack and kill dogs, bears even men in pits for entertainment.
the residual genes for such a thing are still out there floating around you never know what you are gonna get.
all dogs bite some don't let go until the detach muscle,tendons,ligaments,nerves...
All dogs bit some dogs don't let go
View Quote
It's amazing to see a young, working dog without training instinctively start doing what its breed was bred to do.  To think that it doesn't work that way in a Pit Bull is stupid..
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Pit bulls are terriers.  

The thing about terriers is that they are hunting dogs.  They are tenacious, they are intense, they are high energy, and they are game.  

It's not a problem to keep a little terrier as a house pet.  If it goes ape shit on a person the damage will be minimal, and you could kill be stepping on it' neck.

The American Pit Bull Terrier on the other hand is not little, and is capable of fucking up a grown man.  Why, because it was bred to hunt/fight large animals. It's right there in the name.  Pitted against a Bull.

It's a stupid idea to keep that breed as a family pet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#18]
trashcan breed
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Pits are the muzzies of the dog world. I'm tired of saying the PC things about them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pit bulls are terriers.  

The thing about terriers is that they are hunting dogs.  They are tenacious, they are intense, they are high energy, and they are game.  

It's not a problem to keep a little terrier as a house pet.  If it goes ape shit on a person the damage will be minimal, and you could kill be stepping on it' neck.

The American Pit Bull Terrier on the other hand is not little, and is capable of fucking up a grown man.  Why, because it was bred to hunt/fight large animals. It's right there in the name.  Pitted against a Bull.

It's a stupid idea to keep that breed as a family pet.
View Quote
Airedales are also not little. They make fine pets. They also can run hogs and other large with pit bulls. Your logic falls apart.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Every single dog bite in my ED on my shifts has been Pitt Bulls. I cannot remember an attack that wasn't.
I've been doing this a long time although I only work 3 days a week.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bravo, thank you.  I'm waiting for #90 pit to snap, until that day I will enjoy him and watch my cats beat him up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And guns kill.
Whats your point OP?
Bravo, thank you.  I'm waiting for #90 pit to snap, until that day I will enjoy him and watch my cats beat him up.
Broken record/copy-paste quote before most pit bull attacks on both 3rd party and families. Have fun being delusional.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What do they say about fatal dog attacks?

Yeah.....
View Quote
Never mind.....guess she doesn't know everything they do.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When I lived in Florida I remember seeing way too many pit bulls. I don't understand the appeal.
View Quote
It's the fighting dog of choice in the 'hood.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sounds like Pits went cray today all over the country.
View Quote
They are rejoicing that Obamacare is still here. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bring surprised that a APBT attacks is like being shocked that an Arabian horse runs fast.

They were literally bred for it.
View Quote
Not any more surprised than when my Llewelin setters point a bird.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#27]
There's damn near nothing in this world I love more than dogs, but I just don't get people, specially people with small children, getting Pits and other aggressive, fighting breeds. A client of mine with 3 children under 6 years old just got two Pits and they're not experienced owners of those breeds.

I didn't say anything, it's not my job, but FFS people.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Airedales are also not little. They make fine pets. They also can run hogs and other large with pit bulls. Your logic falls apart.

http://www.spirit-animals.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Airedale-Terrier-41.jpg

http://frankenfaustairedales.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/wild-boar2.jpg
View Quote
If Airedales were responsible for the overwhelmingly vast majority of serious dog attacks I'd advocate for their mass extermination too but they aren't, that honor goes to the Pit Bull.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL, I own three, I didn't want any of them, but over time they have won me over with the strength of their character.  I trust them without a second thought.  They are a good breed with many many strong traits.  

The issue with many dogs, is generally human related (poor breeding and poor training).  These dogs are not bred to be killers, they are clearly work animals.  There is a difference. I've seen many nasty smaller dogs, but since they don't have the ability to do real harm to a human, we pass it off their aggression as not a problem.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If Airedales were responsible for the overwhelmingly vast majority of serious dog attacks I'd advocate for their mass extermination too but they aren't, that honor goes to the Pit Bull.
View Quote
So are you just going to go down the line, exterminating breed after breed? There's always going to be one breed that tops the list. That's the nature of the game.

But the point of bringing up the Airedale was that "large terrier that takes on large, dangerous game" doesn't mean a dog is too dangerous to keep as a house pet. In fact, any characteristic you can name in a pit bull is exhibited in other breeds who are not responsible for perpetrating a plethora of attacks. And that means that it isn't a problem with the breed, but rather with the owners. Irresponsible owners are the problem, not the breed, and eliminating the breed will do nothing to address the actual problem.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#31]
pits being the breed of choice for thugs and hood rats help make their bad rep even worse as many are not raised in a socialized environment  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's not just pits that snap.  My brother bought a springer spaniel from a breeder.  He was out in the field working the dog with a bird.

My brother reached for the bird and he said it was like a switch was flipped.  The dog went full retard.  My brother said it was a knock down drag out brawl.

He said he couldn't even get his knife out of his pocket.  Suddenly the dog stopped, looked at him and started wagging its tail like everything was fine.

He took the dog to the vet, had the dog put down, drove to the hospital to get his hands stitched up.
View Quote
Yep, the only dog that ever bit me was my grandma's dashound. Fricken wiener dog took a chunk out of my face completely unprovoked.

That was 38 years ago and I still have scars on my cheek.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The dipshit neighbors pit bull got my wife's weiner dog week before last. I had to have both her upper jaw bones removed, almost all her teeth were lost and her nasal cavities had to be stitched up because the were ripped open to her mouth. I also had to pay to have their fence repaired again to try and insure that dog doesn't get in my yard again. This is the second time in two years. Last time it put holes all in my schnauzer and removed several pieces of his mouth. It's sad after all these years I'm too scared to let my daughter play in the backyard anymore. I think I'm going to take my attorneys advice and we will be sending something to the base commander since they don't seem to care.
View Quote
WTF man this sounds seriously suspect. Why didn't they remove the dog after the first attack?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#34]
What a fucking troll
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So are you just going to go down the line, exterminating breed after breed? There's always going to be one breed that tops the list. That's the nature of the game.

But the point of bringing up the Airedale was that "large terrier that takes on large, dangerous game" doesn't mean a dog is too dangerous to keep as a house pet. In fact, any characteristic you can name in a pit bull is exhibited in other breeds who are not responsible for perpetrating a plethora of attacks. And that means that it isn't a problem with the breed, but rather with the owners. Irresponsible owners are the problem, not the breed, and eliminating the breed will do nothing to address the actual problem.
View Quote
Alright let's just say it the owners fault and the breed is perfect under the right ownership for shits and grins. (For the record I think the breed is utter garbage) It's obvious they are responsible for a vast majority of dog attacks that cause severe injury or death, I mean you can deny it or try to explain it away but we all know the truth. How do we force Pit owners to be responsible for keeping a potentially dangerous animal as a pet? Since these people just have to endanger the rest of society with these creatures, what can can we do to force proper training and ownership? Do we substantially up penalties to owners when attacks occur? One strike policy?

In my life, I have 7 close friends that have been bitten by pit bulls or if you must Pit mixes, all unprovoked, unrelated, different dogs/owner, none of them were around these dogs on a regular basis. I know of 3 bites from other breeds. We are all around labs, GSPs, and other breeds regularly. My Coonhound was attacked by a "Pit Mix" in my driveway last year.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Every single one should be put down
View Quote
You first.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You first.
View Quote
Il PM him my address and see if he shows up
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Kill every single one of them.  Worthless shit breed.
View Quote
Not worthless, just not a breed meant for cohabitation with people.

Anyone who subjects themselves to the inherent risk of owning and cohabiting with any breed of canine should beforehand acknowledge the risk of personal injury to themselves and others.

Dangerous breeds are the responsibility of the owners and the owners should be punished as if they had themselves willfully caused the injuries, knowing full well the added risk associated with keeping a potentially dangerous animal.

You should not be able to perpetrate your ignorance at the cost of others, in the name of freedom, all the while endangering the freedom and safety of everyone around you.

Anyone who says any different is truly an ignorant fucking dope.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#39]
^ x 2
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#40]
In 2016 Pits accounted for over 70% of all dog attack fatalities.  Rottweilers were next in fatalities.  Facts over emotions much?

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In 2016 Pits accounted for over 70% of all dog attack fatalities.  Rottweilers were next in fatalities.  Facts over emotions much?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/332293/IMG-0924-173774.png
View Quote
Dogbites.org lol
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Alright let's just say it the owners fault and the breed is perfect under the right ownership for shits and grins. (For the record I think the breed is utter garbage) It's obvious they are responsible for a vast majority of dog attacks that cause severe injury or death, I mean you can deny it or try to explain it away but we all know the truth. How do we force Pit owners to be responsible for keeping a potentially dangerous animal as a pet? Since these people just have to endanger the rest of society with these creatures, what can can we do to force proper training and ownership? Do we substantially up penalties to owners when attacks occur? One strike policy?

In my life, I have 7 close friends that have been bitten by pit bulls or if you must Pit mixes, all unprovoked, unrelated, different dogs/owner, none of them were around these dogs on a regular basis. I know of 3 bites from other breeds. We are all around labs, GSPs, and other breeds regularly. My Coonhound was attacked by a "Pit Mix" in my driveway last year.
View Quote
1. Enforce existing legislation. Most suburban and urban settings have leash and containment laws that require owners to maintain control of their animals. Quite often, those laws are not enforced.

2. Enact regulation that holds owners of ALL dogs personally responsible for their animal's actions. If a dog of ANY breed attacks a person, assault and battery charges for the owner. If that person dies, manslaughter charges. Exception for situations where self defense or castle doctrine would apply.

3. More effort to eliminate dog fighting. Sort of a no-brainer, but quite often law enforcement just doesn't seem to care about it.

4. Legalization of drugs. This may seem like a leap, but quite a bit of gang revenue centers on the illegal drug trade, and they also spawn a lot of the problem animals. Gangs are also responsible for the majority of dog fighting, and dog fights are social events for gangs where other transactions related to drugs and weapons trafficking also take place. Legalize drugs, and you deal a huge financial blow to the gangs which perpetuate the keeping of problem animals.

In the end, you can't force people to be responsible. If you could, no one would text and drive or drink and drive (both of which kill and injure far more people annually than pit bulls). But you can make it highly uncomfortable and inconvenient to be irresponsible, and you can do so in a non-discriminatory, non-breed specific manner. After all, if someone's German Shepherd or poodle rips into a toddler, they should face the exact same penalty as someone whose pit bull did the same. Same penalty for like damage. Let the owner decide whether ownership of a particular breed is worth the risk.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/332293/IMG-0924-173774.png
View Quote
As long as we're painting with a broad brush, statistically speaking what race of human beings is responsible for the majority of violent crimes in America?

Yes, breeding is a factor (please forgive the phrasing), yes environment is a FUCKING HUGE FACTOR, upbringing is next and at this point common sense has to show you the common theme.
Its not exclusively genetics.

So what is it? Use the Scientific Method, trial and error and what not.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#44]
The fighting pits are scary. The Mexicans have them on 1/2" thick chain links and their heads are like a bushel basket. Literally 3x the size of normal mongrel ghetto rescue pits.

They could kill a man easily.

The really big ones never go up for adoption because they are worth thousands of dollars. They are rare but they will freak you the f**k out if you ever see one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The fighting pits are scary. The Mexicans have them on 1/2" thick chain links and their heads are like a bushel basket. Literally 3x the size of normal mongrel ghetto rescue pits.

They could kill a man easily.

The really big ones never go up for adoption because they are worth thousands of dollars. They are rare but they will freak you the f**k out if you ever see one.
View Quote
Yeah, but those are an entirely different "animal" than you everyday Pit bull.
Those things live every day knowing that they fight to the death every day they go into the ring.

They are remarkably emotional and very intelligent. They are not inherently hurtful creatures. WE made them that way. Perhaps not you or me, but human beings engineered these things to exist.

In my experience they are powerful 3 year olds that are just trying to survive. That's all
You just have to understand your animal
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Spend less time where ghetto trash lives.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't trust any dogs completely, even my sweetheart Golden.  Pits and Rotties especially though.  Forgetting news stories, internet characterizations, etc., my personal experiences with the breeds have been mixed, but on average, not good.  

Out of 4 pits I've known well, 2 have bitten people, 1 killed a friend's poodle, and 1 is a nice dog.  1 went after my 18 month (at the time) old son.  Fortunately, the owner screamed at the dog to get home before it went bad.  After they assured me she would never bite, 2 years later, she bit the shit out of a kid trick or treating. 

The Rotties I've known are similar.  2 have killed other pets and bitten people, though not too badly.  3 turned on their owner and chewed him up badly, and fucked his nephew up pretty bad.  1 went after my 5 year old son, and had to be forcefully restrained by his owner. 

The two incidents with my oldest son left him afraid of dogs for a while, but he got over it and loves the hell out of his Golden.

Cocker Spaniels can be dicks too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Again.....pitts and their owners are the reason I carry. All the time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Add another to the list.
8 mo old baby across the river from me.
Dead.

Dont get me wrong, I love dogs. Have 8 right now. But some breeds I dont trust. Just like some people I dont trust.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top