Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
If Texas is so great why do they all move and or vacation here? I had to drive from Denver to Breckenridge and back for work today. They suck
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They think they single handedly won the revolutionary war but egged tourists visit the Alamo they think this is the Texas state flag.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309434/TennesseeFlagPicture2-173395.JPG
View Quote
We know who volunteered to become Texans. Believe me we do. About half the public schools here are named after Volunteers.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:08:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Who gives a fuck about Alaska??
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I deal with a lot of customers and vendors in Texas and they are, 9 times out of 10, self centered, arrogant, douche bags. Come to think of it, the most arrogant people I've ever met in my life were Texans.

I'd blame it on the industry but I've seen too folks from Texas on here acting the same way.

Am I wrong?
View Quote

It's easy to come off as arrogant when you know the difference between too and two.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:10:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
These threads are always fun though and I enjoy them.
View Quote
Yep.  It's always funny to see the same pathetic out of staters who have nothing better to do chime in on every single Texas thread.  What a shitty life they must lead to be so obsessed with a place they don't even live.

What's really sad is they never have new material, just the same sad obsessive bullshit they shared in the last Texas thread.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now you went and did it, OP. They are typing in "Ya'lls". That's when you know you've got them riled up here. LOL

The only time they do so is in these Texas defense or chest thumping threads.
I'm always amazed at our Texas members. They remind me of people from WI. Lots of loyalty to their state. Never really seen anything like it. but I'm good with it. They love their states.

Like whenever you hear a story about BLM, Black Panthers, terrorism, illegals killing people, liberal politicians or any other social ills. The first resonses are "Ya'll il never hear about that shit down he-yah!".
And then it happens down They-ah
And then it's ......."Well.....that's in that Faggot town Austin" or where ever they try to detract it from.

I get it. "Texas proud". I'm good with that. It's a thing, just like Wisconsin. It's all about big woods, plaid shirts,ice fishing,  Friday fish fry and Old Fashioneds. All part of a regional culture that people love and try to hold onto very closely.............. and  then you have to try to explain the liberal shitholes like Madison and Milwaukee. It's that crazy cousin at every family event you have to make excuses for. And it just pisses them off to have to make those excuses rather than to just say that it isn't 100% one way or the other.

I like Texas. They are strongly independent and their economy seems to flourish as others flounder. It's a cool place. I've been there a few times, but the whole "TEX-ASS!" thing gets a little old after about 5 days.
View Quote
You're an idiot!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:13:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We're kind of fans of the whole public land thing.
View Quote
As if you had a say in the matter.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hahahaha coming from a Californian...the bastion of gun rights...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Texans and private property laws...biggest lulz in a long, long time.
Hahahaha coming from a Californian...the bastion of gun rights...
I haven't heard anyone from California bragging about how free their state is on here...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

As if you had a say in the matter.
View Quote
well you dont
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep.  It's always funny to see the same pathetic out of staters who have nothing better to do chime in on every single Texas thread.  What a shitty life they must lead to be so obsessed with a place they don't even live.

What's really sad is they never have new material, just the same sad obsessive bullshit they shared in the last Texas thread.
View Quote
Everything worth knowing about your state can be learned on King of the Hill.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Everything worth knowing about your state can be learned on King of the Hill.
View Quote
King Of The Hill is spot on in some respects, but no. Not even close.

Good guess though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:20:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

King Of The Hill is spot on in some respects, but no. Not even close.

Good guess though.
View Quote
Butane IS a bastard gas, though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Every Texas thread.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:22:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Butane IS a bastard gas, though.
View Quote
Oh, hell yes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If Texas is so great why do they all move and or vacation here? I had to drive from Denver to Breckenridge and back for work today. They suck
View Quote
I'm going take wild guess and say it has something to do with tourism. I bet legal weed has something to do with it too. You hated and blamed Texans, while all along CA, made you blue.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:26:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sure,

Meanwhile OP to afraid to actually post his state.  Generic USA. 

In this thread, we find FEELZ.
View Quote
You noticed that too! LOL
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
He admits to being from PA.

Therefore he knows better than us hicks from the sticks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I met some people from TX while working at a border patrol station in AZ.  They were contractors who drove in from Lampasas TX to do electrical work on the station.  They were all friendly enough, but the two old guys (over 60) were racist as hell.  And the one old guy always had some BS story to tell.  I was impress at how good the guy was at telling stories.  He should have been a screen writer for TV.

I spent a year in Pittsburgh.  Those people are fucked up.  They are polite to your face, but very cold and distant.  The only people you can make friends with are with people who moved there from somewhere else.  You will never make friends with anyone from there unless you are from the Pitt as well.  

I was at a bar one time with some friends, and just started talking with the bartender.  She talked with me but seemed confused.  A few days later my friends went there without me and the same bartender asked them if I was hitting on her.  They said no, he was just talking with you.  "No body does that anymore" she said.

Another time I was at a bar and asked the waitress how things were going, she looked at me like I was a stalker.

I was waiting for the train to take me back to my apartment from downtown.  There was a woman there that I had seen before.  I started a conversation and asked her if she parked at the South Hills parking garage.  "What?  No I don't park there anymore".  Again she acted like I was stalking her.  I told her that I wanted to know I had to do to park my car there for winter.  She was so paranoid that she walked away after that.

I felt like I was in Saudi Arabia, and it was wrong for me to speak with females.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I work in the oil/gas industry.

From time to time I get audited from customers and future customers to ensure we can meet their needs in our lab.
Occasionally, our customers bring their petroleum engineers.
Most of the petroleum engineers seem to come from the north eastern US.

And they are dumb as fuck.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Awwww yeeehaw pardner, ain't it the truth, them there Yankees is sumthin else! Well I reckon It ain't never no Texans fault since we better than everyone else.
View Quote
*Yawn*

Butthurt non-Texans gonna butthurt.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:41:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What can I use to weed out the imposters?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mayhaps you are talking people IN Texas, not FROM Texas. Ever consider that? Maybe take a poll of the people you talk to?
What can I use to weed out the imposters?
Ummmm...ask them? Keep tabs with paper and pencil? Otherwise, I have no clue. I am just an ignorant/arrogant Texan.j
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:45:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Most of those assholes are people who move here from the north east, IL, or CA.

You're not talking to Texans
View Quote
The same thing has happened to VA. The war of northern aggression continues.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:49:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I like Texas.  I just love Tennessee more.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I can't tell where the photoshop ends, and the whore begins.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:54:29 AM EDT
[#25]
There are only two non-Texas natives that I work with on a daily basis who I don't really care for, and they're both from Florida. 

I dunno. Everybody here has been super friendly since I moved here last August. People that I meet (by and large) are downright friendly. Neighborly. 

Maybe they just don't like you, man. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:59:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There are only two non-Texas natives that I work with on a daily basis who I don't really care for, and they're both from Florida. 

I dunno. Everybody here has been super friendly since I moved here last August. People that I meet (by and large) are downright friendly. Neighborly. 

Maybe they just don't like you, man. 
View Quote
It's not hard to understand, right?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:08:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't live anywhere close to philly. It's an armpit, too close to NJ.

You would have found something to talk shit about ANY state I mentioned.
View Quote
Because it ain't Texas.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:17:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:22:19 AM EDT
[#29]
This thread isn't worth my time to read five pages so forgive me if this has been covered:

We're turning blue any minute now.
Our gun laws suck.
It's hot.
We're full, please stay in your shitty wonderful state.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#30]
If you had to deal with a state with a majority population of illegal Mexicans,  you'd likely not be super friendly either.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:30:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If you had to deal with a state with a majority population of illegal Mexicans,  you'd likely not be super friendly either.
View Quote
And where would that be?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:31:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Texas is a horrible, jacked up place. That's the reason all these people act like the OP talks about, the place is so bad it makes them miserable. My advice is that every one thinking of moving to Texas avoid the place like the plague, especially the people from the north east an California.
View Quote
Well said!!!  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:40:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And where would that be?
View Quote
You're right.  Just looked. Only 40% of texas is made up of Mexicans.  That's so much better
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:42:26 AM EDT
[#34]
If i ever feel bad about living in Oklahoma,  i take a weekend trip to texas to remind myself what a real garbage state is like.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:43:31 AM EDT
[#35]
I have worked in three different states asa R.N. and only in Texas have i ever met a female rn with a AR, plates, plenty of mags, and a deep suspicion of government.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:50:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You're right.  Just looked. Only 40% of texas is made up of Mexicans.  That's so much better
View Quote
Just looked where? Post a link to that.

Of course you can't. You're full of shit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:08:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your probably the type of Texan he's talking about
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:44:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This thread isn't worth my time to read five pages so forgive me if this has been covered:

We're turning blue any minute now.
Our gun laws suck.
It's hot.
We're full, please stay in your shitty wonderful state.
View Quote
Only a Texan would tell a  bunch of hardcore ultra-right wing republican gun collectors to stay out of their state.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:51:33 AM EDT
[#39]
The Texas envy is strong in this one. Can't help it if the rest of the country is swinging from our nuts. Except Tennessee. Those guys are pretty cool.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:52:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well, since moving to Texas, my penis has grown to 11" long, they tell me its the water, but ultimately who cares, its a fricken python! And after the proper re-education down here, I have come to realize we are better than you mere mortals, and we don't like you.

That is why OP...

View Quote
You must have just gotten here recently.  Wait until next year.  The old frank and beans will be dragging on the ground.  Hurts like a mother-fucker at first (particularly if you run into some cactus), but you get used to it pretty quick.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:54:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You must have just gotten here recently.  Wait until next year.  The old frank and beans will be dragging on the ground.  Hurts like a mother-fucker at first (particularly if you run into some cactus), but you get used to it pretty quick.
View Quote
When you can not only tell how cold the creek is, but also how deep... well then.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:02:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If i ever feel bad about living in Oklahoma,  i take a weekend trip to texas to remind myself what a real garbage state is like.
View Quote
Bless your heart, it must be hard to go through life like that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:06:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Nope, your not OP. Just the representation alone on this site from the sample of window lickers here on my ignore list which is comprised mostly of Texans speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:09:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Nope, your not OP. Just the representation alone on this site from the sample of window lickers here on my ignore list which is comprised mostly of Texans speaks for itself.
View Quote
Did I make it?

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:09:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
This
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:10:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lived in PA for several miserable years. It's full of arrogant morons who drive worse than Chicagoans. A Pennsylvanian talking shit about Texas is precious.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:13:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Did I make it?

View Quote
Nope. You don't act like the ones I am talking about.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:17:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Outside of Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, all of the gulf coast, and that part by Mexico, Texas is a great state.
View Quote
I'm from a very rural area and Rural Texas is very large indeed. Just watch "Texas Country Reporter" on Youtube. That is who we are.  Now this is not to take away from my big city brethren.
OP who and what you encounter is another matter but also what attitude you bring to the table. Bet you don't get invited to many outings due to your magnanimous personality.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:54:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm from a very rural area and Rural Texas is very large indeed. Just watch "Texas Country Reporter" on Youtube. That is who we are.  Now this is not to take away from my big city brethren.
OP who and what you encounter is another matter but also what attitude you bring to the table. Bet you don't get invited to many outings due to your magnanimous personality.
View Quote
People don't understand this, at all.

Texas is huge and once you get even a few minutes outside of the shitholes it's full of Texans.

Not to say that there aren't Texans living in the shitholes, but you know what I mean.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top