Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Now you went and did it, OP. They are typing in "Ya'lls". That's when you know you've got them riled up here. LOL

The only time they do so is in these Texas defense or chest thumping threads.
I'm always amazed at our Texas members. They remind me of people from WI. Lots of loyalty to their state. Never really seen anything like it. but I'm good with it. They love their states.

Like whenever you hear a story about BLM, Black Panthers, terrorism, illegals killing people, liberal politicians or any other social ills. The first resonses are "Ya'll il never hear about that shit down he-yah!".
And then it happens down They-ah
And then it's ......."Well.....that's in that Faggot town Austin" or where ever they try to detract it from.

I get it. "Texas proud". I'm good with that. It's a thing, just like Wisconsin. It's all about big woods, plaid shirts,ice fishing,  Friday fish fry and Old Fashioneds. All part of a regional culture that people love and try to hold onto very closely.............. and  then you have to try to explain the liberal shitholes like Madison and Milwaukee. It's that crazy cousin at every family event you have to make excuses for. And it just pisses them off to have to make those excuses rather than to just say that it isn't 100% one way or the other.

I like Texas. They are strongly independent and their economy seems to flourish as others flounder. It's a cool place. I've been there a few times, but the whole "TEX-ASS!" thing gets a little old after about 5 days.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Texans are like dark matter Brits, completely unable to take the bantz.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Texas is a horrible, jacked up place. That's the reason all these people act like the OP talks about, the place is so bad it makes them miserable. My advice is that every one thinking of moving to Texas avoid the place like the plague, especially the people from the north east an California.
View Quote
  This. aaaaaaaaaaAwful place
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most of those assholes are people who move here from the north east, IL, or CA.

You're not talking to Texans
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The OP is what we in Texas would call the common denominator.
Problem ain't Texans OP.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#8]
This thread is going almost exactly how I imagined. A bunch of Texans chiming in attacking me but not really denying my observations. A bunch of people from the rest of the country agreeing with me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
hmm, I'd like to say your wrong OP but you sound pretty sure of yourself

So...

Ray Wylie Hubbard "Screw You, We're From Texas"
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh, but you're going to suck it up next Monday and keep taking our money, that's for sure.

Everybody wants to talk shit about Texas until it's time to do business with Texas.
View Quote
Yeah, that's called business. I think liberals are idiots, but that doesn't stop me from taking their money either
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry to hear that op.  Texans do have a spirit of independence that is in short supply in America today.  To me it's the truth that we don't need the US we are just blessing her with our presence.  That's not being rude we give more than we take and have since the US paid off our debt.  Better deal than Alaska. Most Texans realize deep down inside that if shit gets real we could go it alone again.  People who are more independent can sound arrogant so I understand how you feel.  

I like Texas and Texans. In Texas, everything is bigger. When Texans win, they win big. And when they lose, it's spectacular.
If you really want to learn the attitude of how to handle risk, losing and failure, go to San Antonio and visit the Alamo. The Alamo is a great story of brave people who chose to fight, knowing there was no hope of success against overwhelming odds. They chose to die instead of surrendering. It's an inspiring story worthy of study; nonetheless, it's still a tragic military defeat. They got their butts kicked. A failure if you will. They lost. So how do Texans handle failure? They still shout, "Remember the Alamo!"
That's why I like Texans so much. They took a great failure and turned it into a tourist destination that makes them millions.
Texans don't bury their failures. They get inspired by them. They take their failures and turn them into rallying cries. Failure inspires Texans to become winners. But that formula is not just the formula for Texans. It is formula for all winners.”
? Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Children About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Don'
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Now you went and did it, OP. They are typing in "Ya'lls". That's when you know you've got them riled up here. LOL

The only time they do so is in these Texas defense or chest thumping threads.
I'm always amazed at our Texas members. They remind me of people from WI. Lots of loyalty to their state. Never really seen anything like it. but I'm good with it. They love their states.

Like whenever you hear a story about BLM, Black Panthers, terrorism, illegals killing people, liberal politicians or any other social ills. The first resonses are "Ya'll il never hear about that shit down he-yah!".
And then it happens down They-ah
And then it's ......."Well.....that's in that Faggot town Austin" or where ever they try to detract it from.

I get it. "Texas proud". I'm good with that. It's a thing, just like Wisconsin. It's all about big woods, plaid shirts,ice fishing,  Friday fish fry and Old Fashioneds. All part of a regional culture that people love and try to hold onto very closely.............. and  then you have to try to explain the liberal shitholes like Madison and Milwaukee. It's that crazy cousin at every family event you have to make excuses for. And it just pisses them off to have to make those excuses rather than to just say that it isn't 100% one way or the other.
View Quote
It's "yall" damnit

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Texas is a horrible, jacked up place. That's the reason all these people act like the OP talks about, the place is so bad it makes them miserable. My advice is that every one thinking of moving to Texas avoid the place like the plague, especially the people from the north east an California.
View Quote
This.  Texas is terrible.  Don't move to Texas.  In fact, if you have a heart, invite some transplants to move to your state to save them from the grief that is Texas.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fucking right
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Arrogance? On my arfcom?!?
View Quote
lol'd
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#16]
PA?  Jesus Christ OP. I've worked all over that state and it has been by far one of the worst places I've ever spent time in. Foul mouthed, angry and just plain dickish to people especially Texans. You wonder why we act dickish, it's cause we've been treated like shit by the lovely assholes from your state.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Texans are like dark matter Brits, completely unable to take the bantz.
View Quote
Most accurate post in thread.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear that op.  Texans do have a spirit of independence that is in short supply in America today.  To me it's the truth that we don't need the US we are just blessing her with our presence.  That's not being rude we give more than we take and have since the US paid off our debt.  Better deal than Alaska. Most Texans realize deep down inside that if shit gets real we could go it alone again.  People who are more independent can sound arrogant so I understand how you feel.  

I like Texas and Texans. In Texas, everything is bigger. When Texans win, they win big. And when they lose, it's spectacular.
If you really want to learn the attitude of how to handle risk, losing and failure, go to San Antonio and visit the Alamo. The Alamo is a great story of brave people who chose to fight, knowing there was no hope of success against overwhelming odds. They chose to die instead of surrendering. It's an inspiring story worthy of study; nonetheless, it's still a tragic military defeat. They got their butts kicked. A failure if you will. They lost. So how do Texans handle failure? They still shout, "Remember the Alamo!"
That's why I like Texans so much. They took a great failure and turned it into a tourist destination that makes them millions.
Texans don't bury their failures. They get inspired by them. They take their failures and turn them into rallying cries. Failure inspires Texans to become winners. But that formula is not just the formula for Texans. It is formula for all winners.”
? Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Children About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Don'
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The OP is what we in Texas would call the common denominator.
Problem ain't Texans OP.
View Quote
Awwww yeeehaw pardner, ain't it the truth, them there Yankees is sumthin else! Well I reckon It ain't never no Texans fault since we better than everyone else.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#21]
The way Texans handled themselves at Sharpsburg and during the Battle of the Wilderness earned for them much deserved respect from Virginians that lived during that time and those that are students of the era.

John B. Hood's Texas Brigade attacked through The Cornfield at Sharpsburg and out of 854 that went into that field 550 of the Texas Brigade were killed or wounded.

Lore has it that when asked of Hood where his brigade was he replied "Dead on the field, Sir".

Brig. Gen. John Gregg's 800-man Texas Brigade arrived at a opportune time in the Wilderness battle and none other than Gen. Lee himself waved his hat and exclaimed "Texans always move them!" They moved them at a cost of 550 dead/wounded/missing.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#22]
This place is a shithole...

If you don't like 85+ weather, snakes, ants, or anything at all that may bother you then please don't come here....

It's fucking crowded as fuck from everyone moving here...

So anyone who wants to GTFO can GTFO...
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#23]
How about some details OP of just how Texans have offended you?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
PA?  Jesus Christ OP. I've worked all over that state and it has been by far one of the worst places I've ever spent time in. Foul mouthed, angry and just plain dickish to people especially Texans. You wonder why we act dickish, it's cause we've been treated like shit by the lovely assholes from your state.
View Quote
LOL...
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Texans are always tough, my advice is don't piss them off. look what happened to Mexico.
View Quote
Mexicans moving in with them now in TX?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Inb4 the "show us on the doll where the Texan touched you".
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What industry?

Oh and in on the weekly Texas bash thread.
View Quote
Is it wrong that I really hoped it would be for Fleshlight?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Shut up, I know it!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Inb4 the "show us on the doll where the Texan touched you".
View Quote
We'll touch 'em wherever the hell we want to.

I'm interested in how OP was harmed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I see what you done did there my friend.

Seriously, everyone besides Texans should leave Texas... it sucks....

Most of the people you speak to aren't truly Texan. Go to east Texas, we are fine folk.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This thread is going almost exactly how I imagined. A bunch of Texans chiming in attacking me but not really denying my observations. A bunch of people from the rest of the country agreeing with me.
View Quote
Who attacked you?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#32]
my grandpa fought in ww2 and Korea and can you guess the first story he ever told me.  I'll give you a hint.  

The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion otherwise the garrison are to be put to the sword if the fort is taken. I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, and our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender nor retreat.”
? William Travis, at the Alamo
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well, since moving to Texas, my penis has grown to 11" long, they tell me its the water, but ultimately who cares, its a fricken python! And after the proper re-education down here, I have come to realize we are better than you mere mortals, and we don't like you.

That is why OP...

View Quote
I like you. You can stay in my state.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Get a lot of folks up here from Texas due to the oil industry ties.
Never met one with a bad attitude or vibe, they tend to get a little tipsy after a few beers but they adjust accordingly.
They don't even brag about the Dallas Cowboys, must be the smart ones because they know they have nothing to brag about in that regard.

New Yorkers OTOH tend to be loud, obnoxious and demanding and are told to shut the fuck up or get the fuck out and don't bother even thinking about coming back.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
How would they know the people are from Texas inorder to be extra dickish to them?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh look! Yet another (insert inconsequential little state here) Vs. Texas thread.
It's been what, about a day or two since the last one?

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#37]
So, saying "fuck you OP" for reasons mentioned above would not be out of place?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

We'll touch 'em wherever the hell we want to.

I'm interested in how OP was harmed.
View Quote
He's probably the type to shy away from conflict.  A lot of Texans are happy to say what's on our mind.  Some people aren't comfortable with that and shy back into their shell and resort to passive aggressive comments, kind of like women.

Just show a little strength OP, we're not too bad.  Maybe work on your handshake.  

You get as much respect in this world as you can force people to give you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not offended. You can be arrogant and talk like you're blessing me with the opportunity to talk to you and it doesn't offend me. I am not easily offended.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fuck y'all I'm from Texas.

And I am proud enough to at the very least put it in my profile.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#41]
You're wrong.  Those are Commifornians that have migrated
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You're wrong.  Those are Commifornians that have migrated
View Quote
For being such proud folks, you guys sure make a lot of excuses down there
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Hmm....interesting thought OP!

I was once warned about traveling through Texas(some years ago), and was told the same thing "If america had an asshole it would be Texas"!

Mind you I was on two wheels and gasp..... A Harley Davidson! I am from CA, and was told don't have a gun on you let alone knife.

I was traveling to Daytona bike week.

I will say one thing about the trip.....the Texans I encountered......were some of the nicest folks I have met in my travels!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Texas is full of assholes

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

He's probably the type to shy away from conflict.  A lot of Texans are happy to say what's on our mind.  Some people aren't comfortable with that and shy back into their shell and resort to passive aggressive comments, kind of like women.

Just show a little strength OP, we're not too bad.  Maybe work on your handshake.  

You get as much respect in this world as you can force people to give you.
View Quote
I feel I do a pretty good job at getting respect in my field. I speak my mind as well. Isn't it obvious?

Speaking of handshake, the last guy I had in from Houston was a big dude with a dainty little handshake.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

For being such proud folks, you guys sure make a lot of excuses down there
View Quote
Driving around today all I saw were Californians... they are moving here in swarms. No kidding.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This or the idiots  in Austin. Here in the Hub of the South Plains nice people yet shitty fucking drivers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This or the idiots  in Austin. Here in the Hub of the South Plains nice people yet shitty fucking drivers.
Even the Texans in Austin are still nice, it's just that the vast majority of Austinites are not Texans by birth or any other extension of the word.

My sister still lives there and says that being a native Austinite in Austin these days is as rare as finding a Las Vegas native in Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#49]
OP's ButtHertz
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hmm....interesting thought OP!

I was once warned about traveling through Texas(some years ago), and was told the same thing "If america had an asshole it would be Texas"!

Mind you I was on two wheels and gasp..... A Harley Davidson! I am from CA, and was told don't have a gun on you let alone knife.

I was traveling to Daytona bike week.

I will say one thing about the trip.....the Texans I encountered......were some of the nicest folks I have met in my travels!
View Quote
Mighty nice of you sir. Californians have some of the best looking people.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top