Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I understand people who are pro-life. I don't agree, but I understand.

Except in cases of rape, incest, and danger to the mother. FFS, this lawmaker needs to go back to where he came from.
View Quote
I think being poor should be added to that list.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Mostly agreed but once the child develops a brain and is recognizably and meaningfully human then it has as many rights as the mother.

I say at that point unless medically necessary for her health then no abortions.

What that number is.. not sure. 24 weeks?
View Quote
Rapists genetics have no rights. !/4 and BBQ.

You know what is great about children? YOU CAN MAKE MORE!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'd like statistics on how many abortions actually relate to rape and incest.
View Quote
Good point.  Although I'm also curious if the woman actually has to prove it was rape/incest first?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Men should just STFU about abortion. 
View Quote
No, actually we shouldn't.  While I may not carry a child, the life of the child still has worth and validity to me.  

What I just cannot fathom is the logic that I see going like this....

"They found a single cell organism on Mars....Proof of Life!  Save the Darter Snail.  Don't eat meat, all life is sacred.  Fetus's aren't children..."

ETA  Had to fix that little bit there
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When the Republicans get raped at the ballot box, is it the "will of God"?

He is a fucking retard.

I hope he gets raped.
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]
But that guy is an idiot.  Really.  Sterilization should be a often used tool in cases like him...
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#7]
It's crap like this that stop many young people from voting republican.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's crap like this that stop many young people from voting republican.
View Quote
EXACTLY.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So if you are a pregnant woman in Oklahoma, you can't just drive across state lines to like Kansas or  Texas and get an abortion there?
View Quote
It's probably a felony like everything else the gov is pissed they can't stop you from doing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My state legislature has some real idiots in office who'll do anything to get votes for the next election.
I think this moron must originally be from Arkansas.
View Quote
Just our legislature? Hell our Governor's an idiot IMO
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The method of conception is irrelevant to determining fetal personhood.

Either there are brainwaves/heartbeats/some sign of sentience or there aren't. Rape/incest exceptions are as tangential to abortion as "my body" arguments.
View Quote
I detest the "my body" arguments and detest abortion as a form of birth control as a way to deal with an inconvenient pregnancy.

That being said, a woman raped should not be forced to carry and deliver that child, and a woman who is at medical risk during delivery should not be forced to have the baby.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I detest the "my body" arguments and detest abortion as a form of birth control as a way to deal with an inconvenient pregnancy.

That being said, a woman raped should not be forced to carry and deliver that child, and a woman who is at medical risk during delivery should not be forced to have the baby.
View Quote
I would not trade my unicorn for 1000 screaming childrenfetus.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, no. It's better that they hold extreme opinions and voice them loudly. Much better. The more awful and extreme, the better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, no. It's better that they hold extreme opinions and voice them loudly. Much better. The more awful and extreme, the better.
The extremes on abortion are about as stupid as extremes get.  You have people on one end who give no consideration to the unborn, and on the other end people who give no consideration to women.  I belong to the small majority who believe elective abortion should be available under limited circumstances.  The argument then becomes where to place the limits.  The extremes just insult and talk past each other.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Mostly agreed but once the child develops a brain and is recognizably and
meaningfully human then it has as many rights as the mother.

I say at that point unless medically necessary for her health then no abortions.

What that number is.. not sure. 24 weeks?
Set the line SOMEWHERE and be done with it, or let the states set the line somewhere within some semblance of reason.

Everyone has the option of living their own life by what they regard as a higher standard.  My standard is to stay the heck
out of other peoples' personal decisions unless they affect me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Do any of these idiots pay the least bit of attention of recent history? We're still stuck with McCaskill because Akin couldn't keep his bullshit to himself. He lost his bid for Senate after making a stupid statement about rape.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do any of these idiots pay the least bit of attention of recent history? We're still stuck with McCaskill because Akin couldn't keep his bullshit to himself. He lost his bid for Senate after making a stupid statement about rape.
View Quote
Making public comments about rape is like telling jokes about Adolf Hitler.  Both should be attempted only by professionals. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#16]
And this is why we lose mid term election.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hopefully, as we move forward, religious types like him will occupy fewer seats in local government. The religious right needs to be marginalized into irrelevancy. They are just as annoying and stupid as the far left with some of their ideas as the subject of this thread illustrates.
View Quote
They've been marginalized for decades.

How's that been working out for you?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep, exactly like. Which explains all the Christians running around bombing things and cutting off heads so we can reestablish the Papal States or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inshallah
Yeah, funny how the Christian far right hates/fears Islam and its radical elements. But they are too stupid to see they are just like them.
Yep, exactly like. Which explains all the Christians running around bombing things and cutting off heads so we can reestablish the Papal States or something.
Once the Papal State was established and Catholicism the dominant religion in the world, there was no more need to burn people at the stake and take all their shit.   Islam is doing the same shit Christianity did several hundred years ago to establish its dominance.  Only difference is today they have bombs instead of lances.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Which God would that be?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, I am against abortion in any circumstance.  Not only would I vote to end it, I vote for people who do, and I am willing to give up anything if it means this horrible practice is ended in this country.  I know some would say "There goes the 2nd amendment!", and I would respond by saying I don't see the point of having weapons in a society that can't protect the truly innocent.  You cannot have liberty, and the pursuit of happiness without first having life.  If unalienable rights are allowed to change depending on circumstance, then the Bill of Rights equal toilet paper.  

Even in the case of the mothers safety I am still against abortion.  If it comes to saving my wife or our unborn child, I would pick the baby every single time, and thankfully my wife agrees.  I personally believe as a parent it is your duty to die for your kids if it comes to that, and anything less then that is cowardly.              

I am a Christian before anything else, and my faith will never be off the table.  On the day of Judgement Jesus will call me a hypocrite for many things, but being allowed to a chance at life will not be among them.  I do not believe it is God's will for a woman to be raped, but I do believe it is God's will for life to be born.  Rape is wrong, as is murder, and 2 wrongs will never make a right.  I am raising a child born from an unfortunate event from my wife's past, not only am I putting my money where my mouth is, but I am also telling you it is fruitful.  

I am all for killing rapists, give them their day in court, give them an appeal, and then hang them 3 days later.

I know I am not really responding to the article in the OP, but more of the question in this thread on who supports this type of lawmaker.  I do!  I understand my side is losing on this front, I understand my position will cause people to flee into the arms of the opposition, and I understand the chance of repealing abortion in this country is slim.  I will always vote for what I think is right, and I will always oppose what I think is evil.  

NavyIS2, this inbred garbage believes your a wishy-washy POS who has to let other men draw lines in your sand.  I have no doubt that a man such as yourself finds it hard to pick sides, and I hope reading my post helps remove any burdens you have at making that choice.  This redneck doesn't have that problem, and maybe a guy like you needs a God to help strengthen your resolve.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Aren't murder, terrorism, torture, and abortion also the will of god? I mean, all part of the plan right?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#23]
The sensationalist headline is a bit contrived.  When you read the actual article he was asked (trolled) by another member who asked if rape and incest were part of God's plan and he said as much in the context that everything was part of God's plan.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The founders believed that our form of government was wholly unsuitable for anyone other than Christians and those who were followers of Christian morality.
Make America Great Again ....as it was back when it was great.
View Quote
Not all the founders, the ones that said as much were theological liberals.

The founders were largely theological liberals and deists, not bible-thumpers.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank God for hundreds of years of the Enlightenment.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

More correctly, it is a realization that carrying a CHILD (note: not "fetus") and delivering it is, at best, a life altering act, and at worst, a life-ENDING one.

If that child is the product of a CONSENSUAL act, then the associated risks and inconveniences were foreseeable consequences.  You bought the ticket, you take the ride.  Not "guilt" - just not "we are going to let you have a do-over and commit intra-uterine filicide to escape the foreseeable consequences of a voluntary act".

If the child is the product of a NON-CONSENSUAL act, or, even worse, an act in which consent simply cannot be given, then one cannot be just and fair and also insist that the mother undergo the trials and tribulations of such a pregnancy and delivery against her will.   Otherwise you are continuing an act of intrusion and brutality.  "No condition of slavery or involuntary servitude".

Edit to add - kind of the difference between inviting someone into your house for coffee and then shooting them to death, verses killing the rapist crawling through the bedroom window he just broke.
View Quote
So, you're okay with killing a baby (a third party that didn't rape anybody) depending on what kind of sex the woman had?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#27]
You wonder if some of these republicans are democrat double-agents

what a complete moron

I wonder what this clown would say if a couple of guys raped the shit out of him?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So, you're okay with killing a baby (a third party that didn't rape anybody) depending on what kind of sex the woman had?
View Quote
I am anti-abortion but the idea of asking a woman to carry a rapist's baby to term is insane

that is a burden that is inconceivable

it's a violation on top of a violation

you will never live in a country where rape babies must be carried to term by law unless you change your name to muhammed islam and move to the middle east

there is a point where practical reality must intrude on philosophical musings

women vote

unless the women are die-hard fundamentals, they're going to vote against the "rape baby must be birthed" idea

and so will the majority of men

so the entire topic is moot.  That kind of law will never exist in the USA
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Good point.  Although I'm also curious if the woman actually has to prove it was rape/incest first?
View Quote
I'd say having filed a police report, or DNA testing could easily divine the answers to those questions.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#30]
The party of stupid.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sure you can. It's God's will that we have free choice.
View Quote
People's opinion of God is just whatever they want to put on it.

There's no freewill with an all-knowing God that knew your end-fate BEFORE he created you (when he could have created you differently or not at all). You end-fate was pre-determined BEFORE you were created (as such, when you could have been created differently or not at all).
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'd say having filed a police report, or DNA testing could easily divine the answers to those questions.
View Quote
Aren't you kinda admitting it's about punishing the woman for having irresponsible sex rather than the life of the third party by doing so?

The baby/fetus is still just as "innocent" whether conceived of rape or by irresponsible sex.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I understand people who are pro-life. I don't agree, but I understand.

Except in cases of rape, incest, and danger to the mother. FFS, this lawmaker needs to go back to where he came from.
View Quote
Because the fetus is a human with a right to life, unless it was conceived through rape or incest.  Then it's magically not.  Yep, that's a smart position to expect people to hold.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#34]
He didn't say God was responsible for her being raped.  He said God is Soverign and uses it for His good.  God didn't cause the rape.  The man did.  But God will work the circumstances for His will.  There is a difference there.  But it makes a better headline to say that God caused the rape.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Aren't murder, terrorism, torture, and abortion also the will of god? I mean, all part of the plan right?
View Quote
I don't believe so.  I believe God's will is to be fruitful, and multiply.  I would say that God's plan has not been followed, and I do believe that every single person will be held to account for that.  I believe the God of the old testament did the things you find detestable to set up the coming of Jesus, and I believe he would not agree to abortion.  

You can take religion out of this, and my opinion will remain the same.  Biologically your job is to reproduce yourself, and nature show's us its worth dying for.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
He didn't say God was responsible for her being raped.  He said God is Soverign and uses it for His good.  God didn't cause the rape.  The man did.  But God will work the circumstances for His will.  There is a difference there.  But it makes a better headline to say that God caused the rape.
View Quote
Didn't God know everything that would happen before he created people (when he could have created them differently or not at all)?

Are stillborns the will of God? Aren't these his abortions?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I still don't see how abortion is any business of a politician.  Don't like abortion?  Then don't get one!  The religious part of this is ridiculous as there are too many religions, factions of the same religions, and people that are not religious to use it to govern people and their choices.  I am not a big fan of people using invisible beings to tell others how to live their lives and make decisions.  A lot of people on both sides of ever argument are hypocrites.  They don't want politicians telling them what to do, but they sure as hell want them to stop others from doing things they disagree with.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The extremes on abortion are about as stupid as extremes get.  You have people on one end who give no consideration to the unborn, and on the other end people who give no consideration to women.  I belong to the small majority who believe elective abortion should be available under limited circumstances.  The argument then becomes where to place the limits.  The extremes just insult and talk past each other.

Set the line SOMEWHERE and be done with it, or let the states set the line somewhere within some semblance of reason.

Everyone has the option of living their own life by what they regard as a higher standard.  My standard is to stay the heck
View Quote
Why do you have an opinion on abortion, aren't you a man?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not trying to influence public policy.  Gun rights are WAY more important to me than abortion.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The Didache, the first Christian catechism from the 1st century, talks about the church being merciful and allowing women who have abortions to be forgiven after 30 years of penance. This is considered merciful as previously women who had abortions were considered to be outside the church never to be allowed in again. As in the early 1st century church considered abortion unforgivable
View Quote
Do we really want to talk about what the church said over the years to defend Christianity? I didn't say what the church said. I said that despite the fact that different methods of abortion or forced miscarriage weren't uncommon at that time and the imaginary Jesus doesn't mention once that it should be illehad in fact some of the only mentions around the abortion argument are in the old testment. The numbers I posted on page 2 and the instructions to Moses not to count anyone towards the census until they're over a month old (regarding them as less than people). I mean, I don't want anyone to force their religion m anyone, ever. However, If you're going to,  you should probably make sure it is even in the book you're using.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to influence public policy.  Gun rights are WAY more important to me than abortion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that the reason you don't try to influence public opinion or is it because you're not entitled to one because you're a man?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't believe so.  I believe God's will is to be fruitful, and multiply.  I would say that God's plan has not been followed, and I do believe that every single person will be held to account for that.  I believe the God of the old testament did the things you find detestable to set up the coming of Jesus, and I believe he would not agree to abortion.  

You can take religion out of this, and my opinion will remain the same.  Biologically your job is to reproduce yourself, and nature show's us its worth dying for.
View Quote
Wouldn't that mean a woman getting raped and getting pregnant is not the will of god as well?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#43]
If these religious fuckwads would stay out of the Republican party, they'd never lose an election.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#44]
This is the kind of moralistic showboating by Republicans that prompted my "Gonna be Hillary, sure as shit" comment that incensed  a few members here.

Mercifully, the Republicans managed to largely avoid tromping on their own dicks for a few months, and the horror of a Clinton presidency was avoided.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hopefully, as we move forward, religious types like him will occupy fewer seats in local government. The religious right needs to be marginalized into irrelevancy. They are just as annoying and stupid as the far left with some of their ideas as the subject of this thread illustrates.
View Quote
Yaas
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why use my rifle's sights when Allah guides the bullets?

See how fucking stupid and unscientific that is?
View Quote
then it would be Gods plan for that idiot to die and the one using his sights to live to fight another day..
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yes, the people progressed so nicely under the Atheists like Marx, Lenin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Min, etc
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well bless your heart.  I'm putting you on the prayer list ....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well bless your heart.  I'm putting you on the prayer list ....
I will pray that that you grow up to not be as easily triggered.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How well did that threat work out for libertarians, constitutionalists, or atheists?

Your kind held the whip hand in the GOP for a time and everyone else had to compromise.

Once demographics change enough, the relationship will flip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we could just stop voting Republican, if we're marginalized.
How well did that threat work out for libertarians, constitutionalists, or atheists?

Your kind held the whip hand in the GOP for a time and everyone else had to compromise.

Once demographics change enough, the relationship will flip.
Hilarious that that the bible thumpers here are saying the same shit they whined about libertarians saying in previous years. The ones here that screamed their little heads off about voting 3rd party when their bible thumper failed to have enough support to even get nominated were also entertaining.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well, I am against abortion in any circumstance.  Not only would I vote to end it, I vote for people who do, and I am willing to give up anything if it means this horrible practice is ended in this country.  I know some would say "There goes the 2nd amendment!", and I would respond by saying I don't see the point of having weapons in a society that can't protect the truly innocent.  You cannot have liberty, and the pursuit of happiness without first having life.  If unalienable rights are allowed to change depending on circumstance, then the Bill of Rights equal toilet paper.  

Even in the case of the mothers safety I am still against abortion.  If it comes to saving my wife or our unborn child, I would pick the baby every single time, and thankfully my wife agrees.  I personally believe as a parent it is your duty to die for your kids if it comes to that, and anything less then that is cowardly.              

I am a Christian before anything else, and my faith will never be off the table.  On the day of Judgement Jesus will call me a hypocrite for many things, but being allowed to a chance at life will not be among them.  I do not believe it is God's will for a woman to be raped, but I do believe it is God's will for life to be born.  Rape is wrong, as is murder, and 2 wrongs will never make a right.  I am raising a child born from an unfortunate event from my wife's past, not only am I putting my money where my mouth is, but I am also telling you it is fruitful.  

I am all for killing rapists, give them their day in court, give them an appeal, and then hang them 3 days later.

I know I am not really responding to the article in the OP, but more of the question in this thread on who supports this type of lawmaker.  I do!  I understand my side is losing on this front, I understand my position will cause people to flee into the arms of the opposition, and I understand the chance of repealing abortion in this country is slim.  I will always vote for what I think is right, and I will always oppose what I think is evil.  

NavyIS2, this inbred garbage believes your a wishy-washy POS who has to let other men draw lines in your sand.  I have no doubt that a man such as yourself finds it hard to pick sides, and I hope reading my post helps remove any burdens you have at making that choice.  This redneck doesn't have that problem, and maybe a guy like you needs a God to help strengthen your resolve.
View Quote
That there's a whole mess of derp.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top