Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/24/2017 7:25:21 AM EDT
"As a popular Indiana restaurant owner faces deportation under President Trump’s immigration directives, his family becomes the latest in a series of Trump supporters to find campaign promises affecting their lives.

According to a report from Indiana Public Radio, Roberto Beristain’s family said he’s expected to be deported on Friday and has already been moved from the detention facility in Wisconsin where they had been visiting him. Beristain is the owner of Eddie’s Steak Shed in Granger, Ind., which he purchased from his sister-in-law earlier this month after eight years of working at the restaurant.

Beristain was detained during his routine voluntary check-in at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office in Indianapolis in February. He immigrated to the United States from Mexico illegally in 1998, deciding not to return after a visit to a family member in California. According to his immigration lawyer, Beristain was in possession of a legal Social Security number, work permit and driver’s license after registering with ICE in 2000."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-supporter-my-husband-is-being-deported-friday-193439132.html
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Buhbye.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Bye Felecia.

#maga
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bye Felecia.

#maga
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#4]
He was here 19 years, and never bothered to get legal.

Fuck him. Fuck him right in the ear.

Too bad, so sad, NOT!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#6]
he had plenty of time to start the naturalization process, the only one he can blame is himself.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:31:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll buck GD and say it sounds like this is a guy we'd rather have stay, sounds like he's a hardworking guy and regularly visited ICE - you'd think a guy like this they would help getting legal unless there's more to the story they aren't telling.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll buck GD and say it sounds like this is a guy we'd rather have stay, sounds like he's a hardworking guy and regularly visited ICE - you'd think a guy like this they would help getting legal unless there's more to the story they aren't telling.  
View Quote
It's a news story specifically written to hit you in the feels. Of course there is more to the story.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
We don't need non-American people in america. Fuck him. MAGA.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's a news story specifically written to hit you in the feels. Of course there is more to the story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the article

"In 2000, Roberto took his wife and stepson to see Niagara Falls. Due to a wrong turn, they ended up at the border of The United States and Canada and Roberto was detained. A bail was paid in the amount of $1500. Roberto was given a voluntary deportation order but with Roberto expecting his first child soon, this was not an option for him to leave. He believed to be the supportive and loving husband and father he was made to be."
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Cool.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:40:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I am sorry, but it was definitely  The BERNSTEIN Bears..  

Not sorry for him, don't be an illegal, dot get deported....WINING!

ETA Hope his sister in law got paid up front...
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Still a criminal no matter how you slice it
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#16]
15-30 million illegals.  We are going to hear a new sob story once a week for 8 years.  Guaranteed.

Why don't they do an interview with the family of the 14 year old girl raped by "dreamers?"

we all know why.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Perhaps he is, but are you just going to let him stay (illegally)?

He had 19 years to get right with the law and didn't...can't see any other way to convince him to join up.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:45:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Good!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#19]
He immigrated to the United States from Mexico illegally in 1998.

Near 20 fucking years and he could not be bothered to try to become a US citizen or a resident alien?  Fuck him.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#20]
SICK AND FREAKING tired of the press pumping up these wa wa wa cry me a river stories to pull on the heart strings of Americans. They totally ignore the stories of the 14 year old girl raped in high school by 2 illegals or the 3 year old raped by a illegal last week. Give me a freaking break, there will be a sad story in every freaking county if you want to look at it that way. They are here ILLEGALLY, get them out!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably, which is why I put the disclaimer in there.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He had 19 years to get right with the law and didn't...can't see any other way to convince him to join up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IF the article isn't hiding anything, he's a guy they could work with to get legal status.  Many others can GTFO.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#23]
When your plan for a better life begins with, "First, I'll break the law by illegally establishing permanent residence in a country that is not my own," then you probably shouldn't expect a good result.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Facing deportation he decided to stay because he was having an anchor baby.  

Nope, he needs to go as well as the kid.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Something else is missing.

Then again, he came to the US for a visit and then decided to stay illegally and thus broke the law.  He continued to do so for 19 years all while not trying to become a legal citizen.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:01:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.
                                                                   Baretta
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#28]
He had a very long time to start the naturalization process and yet he decided not too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#29]
When he leaves can he take two mooslims under each arm.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Well. at least he wasn't on the government dime, doing crime and engaged in riots. Might be an illegal voter....
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
SICK AND FREAKING tired of the press pumping up these wa wa wa cry me a river stories to pull on the heart strings of Americans. They totally ignore the stories of the 14 year old girl raped in high school by 2 illegals or the 3 year old raped by a illegal last week. Give me a freaking break, there will be a sad story in every freaking county if you want to look at it that way. They are here ILLEGALLY, get them out!
View Quote
Same with 0bamacare:  all we are going to hear about are stories from the vast minority who lost their free healthcare...versus the other 320 million of us who are paying more and getting less because of 0bamacare.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Story hits my feels alright. In the funny bone.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#33]
too bad , so sad, get the fuck out.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pssst, hey Crabby!   Mexico is part of North America...

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#35]

Looks like they had good prime rib.

Well, if he leaves and does it the legal way I would welcome him.  Now I am hungryp
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
he had plenty of time to start the naturalization process, the only one he can blame is himself.
View Quote
Zero given.

ADIOS!!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#38]
OK, I've got a serious question.  If one is here illegally, is there a path to citizenship?  Doesn't one have to be legally in country to start the process?  I honestly have no idea.  My ancestors came here illegally about 250 years ago or more.  

So, if guy in story goes back home, whats his process to legally come back??  But the fucker better pick a path to become a citizen in my book. 20 years here, either piss or get off the pot.

My Native American friend and co-worker keeps saying he hopes ICE runs out of Mexicans soon so they can start on the Europeans.  

I have another co-worker that came here from Mexico on a green card for school.  Expired and then married an American.  So now he gets a pass.  He's a hard working SOB that has worked his way up into management just because he was willing to do the job while lazy ass Americans sat on their ass and let him do everything.  My bitch point is that he's really not qualified to do the job, but he does the best he can do with gusto.  (Phone/data tech)
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

From the article

"In 2000, Roberto took his wife and stepson to see Niagara Falls. Due to a wrong turn, they ended up at the border of The United States and Canada and Roberto was detained. A bail was paid in the amount of $1500. Roberto was given a voluntary deportation order but with Roberto expecting his first child soon, this was not an option for him to leave. He believed to be the supportive and loving husband and father he was made to be."
View Quote
Anchor baby.   Now you know the rest of the story.  GTFO.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Came here illegally.

Bye Felicia.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#41]
He's married to an American so he gets back to Mexico gets a passport and applies for a spouse visa. He could have done it from here years ago.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Bye Felecia.

#maga
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#43]
yep bye.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's what they do. Propagandists gonna propagandize. 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like some Yankees will be able to buy a steak house at a good price soon.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He had a very long time to start the naturalization process and yet he decided not too.
View Quote
Here's me...giving a rat's ass, not.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Fucking NPR.    Seriously, what a miserable group.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#49]
If they're married, doesn't that grant him a green card?

More bullshit news stories to push this turning on trump narrative.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Sounds like a great business is for sale now
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top