Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2017 11:04:27 PM EDT
Just curious if you buy more than one if there is a multiple pistol sale form generated.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Receivers are always "other"
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If I (as an FFL) receive it and its a complete pistol, and then I decide to sell the lower, I sell it as a pistol.  It goes out as what it came in as.  If I receive in a thing with no barrel, its a receiver or other.  No 3310-4 on those.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I (as an FFL) receive it and its a complete pistol, and then I decide to sell the lower, I sell it as a pistol.  It goes out as what it came in as.  If I receive in a thing with no barrel, its a receiver or other.  No 3310-4 on those.
View Quote
Just so you know, you're doing it wrong - a receiver is not a pistol. Don't tell your IOI, or they'll slap your pee-pee at your next compliance inspection.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok so in light of this, it's my understanding that you can not buy a pistol from a FFL out of your home state, but you typically can buy a long gun.

Can you buy "other" items out of state?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok so in light of this, it's my understanding that you can not buy a pistol from a FFL out of your home state, but you typically can buy a long gun.

Can you buy "other" items out of state?
View Quote
Only "rifle" and "shotgun" can be bought by under 21 (but 18 or older) and/or out of state.

Anything else (pistol, receiver, firearm <Mossberg 590 Shockwave>, etc) are 21 and over and in-State.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:17:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Only "rifle" and "shotgun" can be bought by under 21 (but 18 or older) and/or out of state.

Anything else (pistol, receiver, firearm <Mossberg 590 Shockwave>, etc) are 21 and over and in-State.
View Quote
From an FFL. CFR regulations do not apply to private in-state transactions between unlicensed adults. Some particular states require FFL background checks on everything (unfortunately, like CO), outside immediate family members.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
From an FFL. CFR regulations do not apply to private in-state transactions between unlicensed adults. Some particular states require FFL background checks on everything (unfortunately, like CO), outside immediate family members.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. But note OP was specifically asking re: FFL
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:58:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Multiple receiver sales never generate a multiple handgun sale report. Only multiple complete handgun sales.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Multiple receiver sales never generate a multiple handgun sale report. Only multiple complete handgun sales.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  Not that I'm not going to buy them anyway, but I'm not a fan of the local police knowing my business.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Good.  Not that I'm not going to buy them anyway, but I'm not a fan of the local police knowing my business.
View Quote
They do anyway.....
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just so you know, you're doing it wrong - a receiver is not a pistol. Don't tell your IOI, or they'll slap your pee-pee at your next compliance inspection.
View Quote
How is he doing it wrong?  If he gets a Rem 870 in as a shotgun, he can't strip it down to the receiver and sell it as an "other".  Can he?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They do anyway.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do anyway.....
Feds, yes.  Local, no.  Feds hate the locals because they see them as beneath them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How is he doing it wrong?  If he gets a Rem 870 in as a shotgun, he can't strip it down to the receiver and sell it as an "other".  Can he?
View Quote
A shotgun receiver is not a shotgun. If he's stripping shotguns for parts and selling the receivers, the receivers transfer as "other".
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A shotgun receiver is not a shotgun. If he's stripping shotguns for parts and selling the receivers, the receivers transfer as "other".
View Quote
That's kinda spooky.  That new AR lower from a dealer I used to make a pistol, comes back as a rifle when run through.  Or my 14" 12 gauge firearm, etc.  So now I am in possession of a paperless SBR or SBS when the serials get run.  (Yes, I know the odds of having a SN run are miniscule, and prosecution even smaller).  Just an exercise in thought.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A shotgun receiver that left the factory as a shotgun is still classed as a shotgun. Just like if you buy a factory AR with stock, strip it down, and then put a short barrel on it you have an unregistered SBR. It very much depends on how it originally left the factory.

Fact of the matter is, he ought to sell it how he got it. if he transfers a stripped shotgun receiver, that he received as a shotgun, and someone buys it as other, and the buyer puts a pistol grip on it, or a <18" bbl on it, PRESTO!  Instant unregistered NFA. Because it was made from a shotgun. And that will show up if a trace is ever run.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top