User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
dont care.

statistically, nobody that buys a pistol with brace actually uses it as a brace, its used as a stock, and most people online pretend its anything but a stock.

bottom line, the atf gives zero fucks about individual violations of shit like this, 922R, sbr engraving, copies of form1's
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
GO MAC!

He must have wrote a letter to the ATF and got permission first.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Tim should have Jerzy on as a guest to discuss this.

Also, I miss classic-Tim, with the Colonel insignia.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]
You rang? @MMcCall
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But do things actually ever really touch?  I thought on an atomic level things don't touch.

A brace really can't touch a shoulder.
View Quote
Yup!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Riddle me this. Can I put a stock on an AR pistol and cheek it? I'm not shouldering it. By cheeking it I transformed it into a pistol like shouldering a brace turned the pistol into a rifle? Maybe we should write some letters.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
MAC is right he only fired a pistol. No rifles in that video.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You rang? @MMcCall
View Quote
Interested to hear your thoughts, and whether you'd be interested in representing Tim
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#11]
If one of the feds here want to buy me a membership they will see that my avatar is me shouldering my 300 blackout pistol with ZFG.

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Somebody is going to get f-ed in the a.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I predict nothing will happen to him.

If this were a Holder justice dept, then he would have to pepper has angus as there would be some career folks looking for their next promotion.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They have to be able to prove that you bought with the intent of bypassing a tax stamp.

Which could be real hard, unless you told people online that's what you were gonna do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  There's going to be a lot of hidden disappointment from so-called "gun people" that the ATF doesn't do jack shit about this.

Just like the people who are so very, very worried about 922r.  It's nonsense.

I tell you what, hold your breath waiting for the ATF to prosecute some guy for adding a pistol grip to his Saiga.  Good fucking luck with that.
They have to be able to prove that you bought with the intent of bypassing a tax stamp.

Which could be real hard, unless you told people online that's what you were gonna do.
Again!

And, in the Commonwealth of PA, because it is a pistol according to the law, it can be "carried" loaded in your vehicle which is not permitted with rifles.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#15]
gogetumnow your avatar is from one of my favorite movies. I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully the stunt won't backfire too badly.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hopefully the stunt won't backfire too badly.
View Quote
We could get the Military Pants Channel.
Is flectarn camo better than Rhodesian tiger stripe?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
dont care.

statistically, nobody that buys a pistol with brace actually uses it as a brace, its used as a stock, and most people online pretend its anything but a stock.

bottom line, the atf gives zero fucks about individual violations of shit like this, 922R, sbr engraving, copies of form1's
View Quote
This. They don't give a shit

Zero cases of an individual getting his peepee slapped over 922r
Cases on SBR/SBS/AOW/*insert acronym for super evil NFA item here* violations are in the single digits per year
I cannot find a single case of an individual getting his peepee slapped over engravings
Zero cases on brace peepee slapping
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc

ATF gives zero fucks about the individual at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm sure someone will narc him out.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This. They don't give a shit

Zero cases of an individual getting his peepee slapped over 922r
Cases on SBR/SBS/AOW/*insert acronym for super evil NFA item here* violations are in the single digits per year
I cannot find a single case of an individual getting his peepee slapped over engravings
Zero cases on brace peepee slapping
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc

ATF gives zero fucks about the individual at the end of the day.
View Quote
Where are all the "ignoring the rules is bullshit- they need to enforce them or change the law" types on this thread?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This. Me thinks that the ATF is going to see this and say "You're right. We now consider these arm brace thingy's to be stocks and that by having an arm brace reclassifies your pistol into a rifle"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ATF is going to get tired of this shit soon enough and just ban the braces altogether and claim they're all stocks.  IMO, they tried to offer a compromise, but they realize how complicated it's become.

Not that I think any of it should be illegal anyway, but they tried to play ball and people tried to mess with the rules of the game again.  Sooner or later, they're just going to come along and take the ball away again
This. Me thinks that the ATF is going to see this and say "You're right. We now consider these arm brace thingy's to be stocks and that by having an arm brace reclassifies your pistol into a rifle"
Re: Both of you

How's them boots taste?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Interested to hear your thoughts, and whether you'd be interested in representing Tim
View Quote
I've consistently stated from the beginning that I don't agree with ATF's interpretation of redesign. Had he taken some affirmative steps to actual change the brace, etc. then I think there would be an argument he redesigned something. To the extent one merely utilizes it in a manner that is different from what was intended, I think that is untenable.

And I doubt he'll need representation. @MMcCall
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't think you will.

Tim has his share of detractors here, but I can't think of one of them with the stones to do something like this.
View Quote
First Amendment protection

ATF wont even bat an eye. They know better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
dont care.

View Quote
Yep, if they ever pinch anyone for this shit it will be another charge in addition to a million more serious ones.

You have to do something supremely flagrant and/or stupid for the ATF to give a shit about an individual...
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Uh-oh!  Brace for impact!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#28]
What if that Uzi pro is already a registered sbr?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yep, if they ever pinch anyone for this shit it will be another charge in addition to a million more serious ones.

You have to do something supremely flagrant and/or stupid for the ATF to give a shit about an individual...
View Quote
Unless their budget is up for review and they want to put on an "operation" to show how tough and jack booted they are.......................

FATF
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I've consistently stated from the beginning that I don't agree with ATF's interpretation of redesign. Had he taken some affirmative steps to actual change the brace, etc. then I think there would be an argument he redesigned something. To the extent one merely utilizes it in a manner that is different from what was intended, I think that is untenable.

And I doubt he'll need representation. @MMcCall
View Quote
I'm with SuperMoose.  ATF's current opinion letter is not backed up by the law as written.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The ATF is going to get tired of this shit soon enough and just ban the braces altogether and claim they're all stocks.  IMO, they tried to offer a compromise, but they realize how complicated it's become.

Not that I think any of it should be illegal anyway, but they tried to play ball and people tried to mess with the rules of the game again.  Sooner or later, they're just going to come along and take the ball away again
View Quote
I see it going this way also.
ETA: ftatf.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Are you sure he doesn't have a sbr stamp for it? You people are making assumptions.
View Quote
It doesn't matter. He forced the atf's hand. They're gonna ban EVERYTHING!! They're gonna rule the braces are indeed stocks that can be used as braces.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Really?

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
And then we'll see a lovely filing in how their ruling willfully violates accomodations of the ADA.  All those one armed veterans and private citizens that use the brace as a disability accomodation.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Fuckin RIP I guess.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Fuck the ATF and their bullshit opinions.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Tim had vids before where it appears he's shouldering a brace, but he says it's not touching his shoulder.

These threads get blown out of proportion.  Someone should challenge the issue with brace, so if that is hus intent..awesome.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
MAC instagram

Dibs on his guns!
View Quote

Makes perfect sense to me.
A broom is a broom. Whether you ride it or sweep with it. Still a broom.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Compromise. They were the ones that started this crap.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Makes perfect sense to me.
A broom is a broom. Whether you ride it or sweep with it. Still a broom.
View Quote
Unless you shorten the long round part too much................
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#43]
As fucked up as the whole incident was, the long-running contact the ATF had with weaver goes well beyond shouldering a brace, violating 922r, or even if he had just had some SBSes for personal use. From what I recall, when they tried to get him at first it was for the transfer of an SBS.

Again, that is to say nothing of what happened at RR, but it is far outside of the ATF just fucking up some random dude who has never even dealt with then before.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
As fucked up as the whole incident was, the long-running contact the ATF had with weaver goes well beyond shouldering a brace, violating 922r, or even if he had just had some SBSes for personal use. From what I recall, when they tried to get him at first it was for the transfer of an SBS.

Again, that is to say nothing of what happened at RR, but it is far outside of the ATF just fucking up some random dude who has never even dealt with then before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This.

Don't be a dense tard over RR.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Mmmm, trolltastic.  

FATF
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#46]
I was watching Outdoor channel and there this firearms show going on. The guy basically shouldered and fired a pistol caliber AR with a brace or blade whatever and like not giving a fuck. Had to double take it
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It doesn't matter. He forced the atf's hand. They're gonna ban EVERYTHING!! They're gonna rule the braces are indeed stocks that can be used as braces.
View Quote
They are too busy selling pistols with braces to Mexican cartels to mess with anyone in the US!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Might want to do some reading on the subject.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They are too busy selling pistols with braces to Mexican cartels to mess with anyone in the US!
View Quote
I hope you're right. Oh wait...
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
No way-they learned their lesson from Fast & Furious when all those responsible were held accountable.

I lost track of how many were fired and went to prison............
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top