Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:15:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's a straight boxing match (and I assume it would be), Mayweather cleans his clock. 

If it's an MMA match, McGregor beats the shit out of Mayweather so hard, he gets coloring books for Christmas. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Mayweather easily.  

Dont expect an exciting fight....
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Mayweather would fuck the irishmans world all up boxing or UFC.

1200 foot pounds to the cranium from a UFC glove and he would hear the pipe o callin.

Mayweather has earned the right to dance around and win a technical fight without killing someone or getting dementia.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:00:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's not finalized yet but both fighters seem legitimately interested in making this thing happen.  It would be an insanely popular fight and both fighters would make a fortune.

So, I'm dying to know what the collective wisdom of GD thinks:  Who wins?  Mayweather or McGregor?
View Quote

This may come as quite a surprise, but if it's a boxing match, Mayweather... if it's an MMA fight... McGregor.

I personally don't think this is gonna happen, but we shall see.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:20:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't think McGregor will win a boxing match but I hope he does.

Just to put the final nail in boxing's coffin. 
View Quote
I'll second this.  Mayweather is probably the best pound-for-pound boxer ever.  But boxing has evolved into a boring sport that nobody cares about.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well gang it looks like I'm alone again.

Connor is a natural fighter.  His punches feel like a train hit you.  He can knock you out with just 1 punch.  He just beat a man that was much bigger than him.  He knocked out somebody when he was moving backwards.  He's quick.  He has skills that you and I can only dream about.  He uses the biggest muscle in his whole body to beat you...................... his brain.

Mayweather is 40 years old.  That is OLD for a boxer.  You can't cheat time.  Sure he was great in the day.................. but now he only wants to get paid.

Listening to all the commentators and boxing coaches pick Mayweather hands down. Bla Bla Bla.  They're boxing.    Rules.   Etc.  I can guarantee you that not one of them has been in a real fight.  When I was younger I got into a fight a week.  I got my ass kicked plenty of times.  You can see it in their eyes before 1 punch is thrown. Mayweather's opponents all say he hits like a stinging bee.  Not individually hard, but after an accumulation they add up.  His focus has always been the counter.  Back in the day, sure, he could dance & weave & stay outta harms way.  He was viciously fast.  He could hit you 5 times before you took your next breath.  He won't get the chance to counter a lot with Connor today.  Conner can rock your world with 1 punch.  He proved he can take a punch too with Diaz. I haven't seen Mayweather punch anybody in quite awhile.

When the bell rings.................. Mayweather will get his head handed to him, and he knows it.  Look at his interviews & focus on his eyes, forget the words.  He won't be able to back up fast enough.  He can talk a good game.  Conner can talk too.  This fight will bring in plenty of $$.   The hype will outshine anything we've seen before.  Forget the Rousey BS...................

Bottom line:  It's gonna be fun.  Either way, it will be very entertaining. Don't spend any $$.  Just torrent it the next day or watch it on Kodi.  I'll say Conner in 2!  I wonder what the odds will be in Vegas.  I'll take that PPV $$ & put some down!
View Quote
Floyd is old.  I would rather see McGregor fight GGG or Canelo.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#7]
This poll tells me there are a lot of drug users on GD.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
It tells me there will be a lot of money to be made off this fight.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#9]
All you people saying Mcgregor "holds his own" in a boxing match need to remember he couldn't even outbox Nate fucking Diaz...  Now how do you think he does against one of the best boxers ever?

Absolute fucking delusions on this board sometimes..
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I think GD is confused. The question was who will win a FIGHT.

Not who will win in a footrace.

Mayweather can't win if he can't run.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't think Connor gives a shit if he wins or not.  

He has a chance to make as much in one night as he could in his whole UFC career (and he will likely make more in the UFC than anyone before or after for a long time).

He's rich now. Play this fight right and he could be wealthy. A few years ago the guy was on the dole and excited like a little kid about winning a $60k bonus. He's come a long way.

And if he loses, who cares? He lost a boxing match to one of the greatest boxers of all time.

Crazy like a fox.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mayweather would fuck the irishmans world all up boxing or UFC.
View Quote
No way Mayweather would beat Conor in an MMA fight.
Conor would open with kicks, get inside, clinch, take him down to either ground and pound or choke him out. It wouldn't even be close.

That's why this will be a boxing match.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All you people saying Mcgregor "holds his own" in a boxing match need to remember he couldn't even outbox Nate fucking Diaz...  Now how do you think he does against one of the best boxers ever?

Absolute fucking delusions on this board sometimes..
View Quote
Yes Mayweather is in a whole other class when it comes to boxing. But when Conor fought Diaz he also had to contend with the possibility of kicks and takedowns. He did not want to end up on the ground with Diaz. That changes your gameplan somewhat with distancing and overall fight strategy.

I think this fight will be a little more interesting than people think.
It will definitely showcase the difference between a pure worldclass striker and a worldclass MMA fighter when he is forced to limit the use of all his weapons.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Mayweather would beat the Irish out of him.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I am not a Mayweather fan, but

in the last 10 years Floyd has beaten:

Manny Pacquiao

Canelo Álvarez

Miguel Cotto

Juan Manuel Márquez

Ricky Hatton

Robert Guerrero

Oscar De La Hoya

Arturo Gatti

Several serious punchers in that crowd, especially Alverez and Cotto. Very hard to even put a glove on Floyd.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Floyd will get on his bicycle and never give the guy a shot. This will be a boxing clinic to all the MMA people. All show, I'll watch the news for the results not paying him a dime.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
this will get you KTFO against any capable boxer:

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20150706091307_GettyImages461862582.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
McGregor will get his ass whipped because it will be a boxing match, not a UFC fight.
this will get you KTFO against any capable boxer:

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20150706091307_GettyImages461862582.JPG
Precisely
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
McGregor will get his ass whipped because it will be a boxing match, not a UFC fight.
View Quote
This, Floyd will run like he always does, you can't score if you can't hit him..fuck Floyd!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Second last KO was a nice punch, but the rest were garbage. McGregor was off-balance and reaching for a lot of them and he keeps his hands too low. He'll be an easy target (punching bag)for Mayweather.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yes Mayweather is in a whole other class when it comes to boxing. But when Conor fought Diaz he also had to contend with the possibility of kicks and takedowns. He did not want to end up on the ground with Diaz. That changes your gameplan somewhat with distancing and overall fight strategy.
View Quote
Yea... that turns it into a striking match... in which he couldn't put away Diaz.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I really hope Conor head kicks him and gets DQed. It would make for great tv.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Diaz brothers are fucking animals when it comes to the mental fight game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This statement shows your complete ignorance. 

It takes an act of god to stop a diaz. 
The Diaz brothers are fucking animals when it comes to the mental fight game.
Naw, they're are just trailer trash animals
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I truly think Mayweather would still win if McGregor was allowed to fight bare knuckles and Floyd had to wear boxing gloves.  I doubt he will land a solid punch.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Even if Conner gets his ass beat like a toddler versus a bull its a smart move financially. Hes going to bank $5-7+ mil for the fight win or lose.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I would love to see Mcgregor win but I don't see it happening in boxing.

in mma Conor crushes him
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Even if Conner gets his ass beat like a toddler versus a bull its a smart move financially. Hes going to bank $5-7+ mil for the fight win or lose.
View Quote
Hes going to bank several times that. He gets at least that for a ufc fight. The only reason he wants to fight Mayweather is for a huge payday. He has a kid on the way and won't be around that long. Kids change you in ways you didn't think possible.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#28]
The fact that it's boxing rules, means Mayweather will without a doubt win unless he has an aneurysm between the bell ringing and the first punch.

My theory is that Connor also knows without a doubt he doesn't stand a chance, but also knows he is "fighting" a guy who isn't going to KO him, or even bang him up, in a silly exhibition fight, that nets him $25+MM. So what that he loses? He will still kick the shit out of the next UFC guy he fights, it won't count towards his career MMA record, and he has next to no chance of getting hurt. He has a huge ego, but he also likes loves money. The only people who will talk shit on him for losing the fight will be schmuck MMA groupies who have a hard-on for him already.

Shit, signing up for a special WWE match against John Cena would be just as (if not more) risky, as letting Floyd dance around him counter-punching until the clock runs down.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Mayweather vs Connor in a Boxing style match

Mayweather doing really well

Connor forgets it is a boxing match

Starts fighting like its MMA

Knocks MW out

Gets Disqualified

Totally worth it. Everyone wins.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, Floyd will run like he always does, you can't score if you can't hit him..fuck Floyd!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#33]
McGregor gonna get a big ass paycheck.
If that fight can happen, he should be trying to make it happen.
It's a win win for him.
He loses, so what. He can say he's a MMA fighter going against a straighter boxer using his rules.
He lucks up and wins and then he can say he's an MMA fighter that whipped the champ.
Either way his paycheck will be crazy bigger than anything he would make in UFC.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Boxers are pussies with glass jaws. Guys like McGregor shak off the kind of shots Mayweather deliver like they're nothin'.

Mc Gregor wins by KO in first round, yes, even with (((boxing rules))).

I DGAF about either sport, just my observations.
View Quote
Your post gave me brain cancer.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#35]
If Floyd can dance around for 12 rounds he'll put point him. MacGregor could catch him though
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#36]
It needs to be like the original UFC matches were...each fighter uses his own style.  I remember pure boxers fighting guys using martial arts styles in those days
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This statement shows your complete ignorance. 

It takes an act of god to stop a diaz. 
View Quote
338LM isn't an act of God. Just physics.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Manny Pacquiao

Canelo Álvarez

Miguel Cotto

Juan Manuel Márquez

Ricky Hatton

Robert Guerrero

Oscar De La Hoya

Arturo Gatti

Several serious punchers in that crowd, especially Alverez and Cotto. Very hard to even put a glove on Floyd.
View Quote
Best pound for pound ever.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't think McGregor will win a boxing match but I hope he does.

Just to put the final nail in boxing's coffin. 
View Quote
Lulz. Boxing top fighters make hundreds of millions per fight. All the celebs come out. MMA make peanuts (compared to boxing) for humping each other in their underwear.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It needs to be like the original UFC matches were...each fighter uses his own style.  I remember pure boxers fighting guys using martial arts styles in those days
View Quote
And there's a reason MMA has evolved like it has.  The pure punchers were eventually destroyed by the wrestlers who could get inside of them and turn them into pretzels.  Then the pure wrestlers were eaten alive by the mixed art BJJ guys. Then the BJJ guys were destroyed by the sprawl and brawl guys who could do it all. And now you have to be a pretty balanced puncher, martial artist, wrestler, and BJJ guy to compete even on the under card.  

Specialization has basically turned boxing boring and the fact that you can't be too specialized in MMA is why it's continuing to grow.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep I think the two Mayweather/Pacquiao fights are still the #1 & #2 highest grossing sporting events in history. This one would be up there as well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#42]
I think Floyd will run and Conor will instinctively kick him.

Conor might dizzy Floyd once and send him to the mat, but not being able to jump on him with some ground and pound means Floyd will get back up.

By some miracle, McGregor might catch Floyd with a couple hard punches and KO him in 1, but the more likely outcome is Floyd by unanimous decision.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
likely outcome is Floyd by unanimous decision.
View Quote
Floyd is going to win every single round and he'll win more than one by 10-8.
It's going to be like punching a big red headed toddler.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep I think the two Mayweather/Pacquiao fights are still the #1 & #2 highest grossing sporting events in history. This one would be up there as well.
View Quote
I think we need to encourage the delusionals out there to keep the odds artificially skewed for McGregor.

No more logic and reasoning, just say "wow, that McGregor sure is tough..."
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Mayweather vs Connor in a Boxing style match

Mayweather doing really well

Connor forgets it is a boxing match

Starts fighting like its MMA

Knocks MW out

Gets Disqualified

Totally worth it. Everyone wins.
View Quote
This really would be the best outcome. Connor has nothing to prove to MMA fans.....win/loss....means absolutely nothing to his career.

At least we could get to see Mayweather knocked the fuck out once in our lives.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Only way this would be even SLIGHTLY interesting to me is if it were a street fight.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#47]
The joke would be on us.

Both of them would laugh like hell as they loaded their dumpsters full of cash.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If it's a straight boxing match (and I assume it would be), Mayweather cleans his clock. 

If it's an MMA match, McGregor beats the shit out of Mayweather so hard, he gets coloring books for Christmas. 
View Quote
x2.

Although coloring books are probably a step above Floyd's current literature.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Manny Pacquiao

Canelo Álvarez

Miguel Cotto

Juan Manuel Márquez

Ricky Hatton

Robert Guerrero

Oscar De La Hoya

Arturo Gatti

View Quote
McGregor couldn't beat anyone on that list in a boxing match
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Mayweather will run the whole fight and throw an occasional jab. McGregor might get lucky and tag him and put him down. I think McGregor will get frustrated about round 3 and go all MMA on him!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top