User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's a confusing place.

GD generally hates abortion and loves fetuses until they're born. Then they become "little welfare parasites" that should be allowed starve to death before a single dime of public funding is spent on them. Compassion only extends to a narrow range here.
View Quote
Not welfare parasites "Crotch Fruit" is the coveted term for children around here. Everyone needs to control their crotch fruit, and crotch fruit make noises that interrupt their dinners, and crotch fruit make noises in movies etc etc.

But don't dare talk about a 16 year old kid being responsible to not want a "Crotch fruit"

I'm not saying I would be pleased with the school, or my Daughter for doing this without my permission. But at least the kid is taking responsibility for her actions and future.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Condoms are like flossing your teeth.

Everyone knows it's a good idea, and they'll strongly recommend it, but almost nobody actually does it, and the few people who do are seen as weird.  
View Quote
so true
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How the f*** could it possibly to implant a medical device in a minor without parental permission?

View Quote
That is completely out of bounds.  I'm not aware of any treatment other than contraception or abortion where a minor would get a procedure done without parental consent.  Leftist feminists (I repeat myself) demanding control over our kids in the area of reproduction is complete bullshit.   This ever been tested in the courts?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Getting a three-year device at age 16 probably isn't the worst idea. That said it's really not the school's business.
View Quote
I bet the school nurse isn't allowed to.give students aspirin. Plus depending on the state a boy having sex with her could be charged with statutory rape and become a sex offender.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
"However, all 50 states and the District of Columbia have statutory laws requiring a person receiving a tattoo be 18 years of age or older. This is partially based on the legal principle that a minor cannot enter into a legal contract or otherwise render informed consent for a procedure."

Just one informed consent example.  I don't know of any medical procedure other than contraception and abortion where this is ignored.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_tattooing_in_the_United_States

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Eh I was torn, but I decided the minor can make her own choice on birth control, including hormonal.  Especially at age 16.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It would be a lot better if teens just tried to resist having sex. It's already been proven to work in the real world.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone with a link to an interview with her dad?
View Quote
*crickets*
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Fucking people here talking about saving the taxpayers money....

Is that the fucking goal of liberty? Hmmm comrade?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It would be a lot better if teens just tried to resist having sex. It's already been proven to work in the real world.
View Quote
That's not even the issue and if you can't see what the issue is on your own, there's not much I can do for you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't see why everyone is so pissed off. She's 16, she's probably already sexually active. Aren't we always bitching about welfare mothers on here? So she got birth control and her mother didn't know. Maybe her mother is catholic and against it. Who cares? She's trying to be responsible about having sex.

It wasn't a "school field trip". If you read the article it says very clearly that it's an outside group the girl was interested in visiting and they called the mother to ask if the girl could go. We can either freak out about welfare mothers or we can freak out about teen birth control, but not both.
View Quote
You and many others are missing the point.   The point is not whether or not a 16 year old should or should not be on birth control--people are not bitching about that.  What they are concerned with is that an agent of the state facilitated a medical procedure on a minor child without parental notification. THAT, sir, is the primary issue here.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#12]
But, but some here claim the public schools your best friend. Don't let the government schools near your kids. They are not your friend. It doesn't matter how well you trust them, they won't hesitate to betray you just like this mother was betrayed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#13]
What the heck is this!! I don't want my daughter to be learning about safe sex or getting contraceptives in school. Who do these schools think they are trying to teach my kids to be responsible. My children won't have sex because I told them not to, and my kids always obey my rules and never lie. Hey if they catch an STD or get pregnant that's their fault for not listening to dad. They can live on welfare and government handouts like the dummies they are.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am the byproduct of a 15 year old girl who was raped.

I'm gonna need to see your work on this...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#15]
The facility gets paid per implant, and they found some new candidates.

I'd be pissed
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What the heck is this!! I don't want my daughter to be learning about safe sex or getting contraceptives in school. Who do these schools think they are trying to teach my kids to be responsible. My children won't have sex because I told them not to, and my kids always obey my rules and never lie. Hey if they catch an STD or get pregnant that's their fault for not listening to dad. They can live on welfare and government handouts like the dummies they are.
View Quote
You mean welfare and handouts like contraceptives at school?

You mean safe sex like children being trans? Because that IS the result of paying the government to teach your children about sex for you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm fairly certain his comment was meant as sarcastic. It does not make it any less true though.

Faith based abstinence has always worked for preventing pregnancy and STD's. That doesn't mean getting hot and heavy and stopping short of penetration. It means not putting yourself in that situation in the first place.

Rape, while a horrible crime which should be punishable by death, is not abstinence.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
You are not getting it.   It doesn't matter if I'm gonna take my daughter to the OB/GYN tomorrow for her Norplant, if an agent of the state takes my minor child for a medical procedure without my knowledge and permission, I'm gonna be pissed and reasonably so.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"However, all 50 states and the District of Columbia have statutory laws requiring a person receiving a tattoo be 18 years of age or older. This is partially based on the legal principle that a minor cannot enter into a legal contract or otherwise render informed consent for a procedure."

Just one informed consent example.  I don't know of any medical procedure other than contraception and abortion where this is ignored.  

View Quote
Anything related to pregnancy renders the teen (or child) an emancipated minor. She can consent to epidurals, medical testing, treatment at hospitals, surgical procedures including c-sections and cerclages, administration of medication, and who does and does not have access to her medical records. She can even block parental access to her while she is in hospital.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Funny you should mention ibuprofen.  My kid's school called me and the principle made it sound like my youngest had done something...horrible.  I'm thinking what did I miss?  finally he mentions she had one, count that one ibuprofen on her person when she went through security in the morning.  It was in her jacket pocket and I remembered her saying over the weekend she was going to take some for a headache while we were out and I had a bottle of it in my car so she took a few and put them in her pocket for later.

Now I find out she could have said hey dad, sign this paper for me to go on a field trip have a medical procedure done.  God forbid she take a 200 mg ibuprofen or have a fucking peanut butter sandwich.  We should have kept her in Catholic School...
View Quote
Please explain the part in bold.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anything related to pregnancy renders the teen (or child) an emancipated minor. She can consent to epidurals, medical testing, treatment at hospitals, surgical procedures including c-sections and cerclages, administration of medication, and who does and does not have access to her medical records. She can even block parental access to her while she is in hospital.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are saying contraception implants designed to prevent pregnancy, are the same thing? Anything related to pregnancy?

There are lots of people in jail for statutory rape who would disagree with you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How the f*** could it possibly to implant a medical device in a minor without parental permission?

View Quote
Government says, all your children are belong to us.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Kid is not old enough to vote, drink, serve, but is she past the legal age to fuck?  

In all fairness, I would be a pissed off parent if he school did this.  I also believe that the side effects are vastly underpublished.  That said, if a girl is going to fuck, she is going to fuck.  There are side effects for doing that as well.

----
pretty sure I knew at least one woman who had some complications with her implant either shattering or migrating.  She got married and wanted kids, but could not have them or get the stupid thing removed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd become unglued.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd become unglued.
Ok will give it without parental consent at age 12. Probably saved the Ok state a bunch in future welfare and paternal/infant/adolescent  medical expenses..
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
eject and elect if you feel that way.

Law is the law.
View Quote
At various times. slavery was the law.  Genocide was the law.  Racial internment was the law. "Assault" weapon ban was the law.  Right now, in various places, AWB and/or mag limits are the law, as are ammunition restrictions.

As a phrase, "law is the law" is 4 things:

Redundant
Self-referential
A tautology
and stupid
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Because some parents are just too fucking stupid or iggorant to understand what their little rosebud is up to.

Kids have been fucking for thousands of years, shit, 200 years ago they were getting married at 13.

I still remember taking my 14 yr old GF to the doctor and getting her on the pill, because we were being
responsible about birth control.
He said,  ' You are 15, right? Cause I am not supposed to prescribe these for you until you are 15.'
"Sure thing, Doc."
'OK then. see you in 6 months for a refill'

We even ripped one off in his parking lot to celebrate.
Her parents assumed we were having sex, but never asked, never knowingly caught us, either.

And this was 51 years ago, admittedly in a different country, where attitudes towards sex are nowhere
near as puritanical as here. 

So this young lady was just being practical, safe and responsible, is spite of her parents ideals.

IMHO YMMV.
View Quote
There is nothing practical, nor responsible, about children copulating.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You and many others are missing the point.   The point is not whether or not a 16 year old should or should not be on birth control--people are not bitching about that.  What they are concerned with is that an agent of the state facilitated a medical procedure on a minor child without parental notification. THAT, sir, is the primary issue here.
View Quote
I am fine with having to provide parental notification, but not consent for the reasons I stated earlier.  Notification makes sense for many reasons, not the least that if the kid has some sort of reaction to the procedure the parents know what to tell the ER when they get there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#28]
That 16 yo was probably subjected to a high pressure Time Share type presentation from the moment she arrived....including a free luncheon and a free 3 night stay at a seedy motel of her choice.

Next up is:  " Hey, I got this 3 month birth control thingy.....let's see if it works."

Parents proper reply to the MD's , PA's, NP's, LPN's that fomented this: " Do you know Negan?......because I'm going back out to the car to get Lucille."
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm fairly certain his comment was meant as sarcastic. It does not make it any less true though.

Faith based abstinence has always worked for preventing pregnancy and STD's. That doesn't mean getting hot and heavy and stopping short of penetration. It means not putting yourself in that situation in the first place.

Rape, while a horrible crime which should be punishable by death, is not abstinence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>
<strong>Quoted:</strong>

I was making the point that resistance doesn't always prevent pregnancy.

My biological mother didn't get "date raped" by getting hot and heavy then trying to stop the party just short of penetration. She was just plain raped.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow what a bad idea.  Hitting a kid with long term hormones that can't be easily stopped and not telling anyone.  Think of it like roid rage, ladies can get the same thing.  After our second child my wife got back on birth control after 4-5 months.  The brand she was on changed to something else.  Two days later we are talking about something and she starts throwing stuff.  Broke a large vase with water and flowers In it, 2 plates and runs outside screaming and pulling her hair.  I was like what the heck?  She comes back in a couple min like normal says sorry and we clean it up.  Next day she calls me to come home get the kids she was thinking of stabbing them with a kitchen knife.  Turnd out to be the birth control she was on not depression or anything baby related.  We stopped the BC and she was normal in a couple days.  Changed BC and no more issues.  I would be very pissed if this was my girl.  I wonder how many teen suicides are related, can't know because it's under the table.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#31]
After one of the sessions, the teen and other girls reportedly said they wanted to learn more, and the school arranged for Youth Services of Tulsa to pick them up and take them to a clinic.

Rodney L. Clark, the school's principal, says he called Foster to get permission to allow her daughter to go on the trip before they left.
View Quote
I'm betting the school intentionally left out the part about the purpose for the trip.

In before the lawsuit - against both the school and the clinic that did the work.  Cos according to Sex in the states: Oklahoma minors are not allowed to receive a birth control prescription without parental consent - unless they're married or are (or have been) pregnant.

(and yes, while the age of consent is 16, I do not know if that has any weight on the laws mentioned above)
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That 16 yo was probably subjected to a high pressure Time Share type presentation from the moment she arrived...
View Quote
Of course she was.  You know how easy it is to lie to kids when you can give them something they want?  Hell, adults fall for it, too.  Just look at Bernie Sanders.

But none of that is the relevant point.

The government-run school is willfully acting and assisting in undermining the authority and primacy of the parents.  That's not only wrong, it runs counter to the school's supposed mission of education, considering parental cooperation is rather important in that effort.

Then there's the fact that we're not treating an invasive medical procedure that alters the patient's hormonal balance with due respect, excused because, "Well, birth control is different, because kids want to fuck."
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Isn't one Miracle enough?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#34]
After one of the sessions, the teen and other girls reportedly said they wanted to learn more, and the school arranged for Youth Services of Tulsa to pick them up and take them to a clinic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm betting the school intentionally left out the part about the purpose for the trip.
It's really not much of a stretch at all to imagine "wanted to learn more" and "field trip to a clinic" is really just code-speak for, they told the girls that if they wanted some sweet BC, we can hook you up, but you can't tell your parents and we're going to make it seem like you're just on a field trip, wink wink.  By the way, bring cash.  

Or maybe the clinic had the plan and the school was just clueless rubes, just arranging a busload of potential customers to be dropped off at a retail location, and the school had no idea what might happen.  Sure.  That's believable.  

To be clear, I don't really care about the BC thing.  But the school needs to not be participating in facilitating medical procedures on the students without the consent or knowledge of the parents.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So you are saying contraception implants designed to prevent pregnancy, are the same thing? Anything related to pregnancy?

There are lots of people in jail for statutory rape who would disagree with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Contraception generally falls under decisions a minor female can make without parental consent.

Emancipated minor status does not negate statutory rape laws.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You are not getting it.   It doesn't matter if I'm gonna take my daughter to the OB/GYN tomorrow for her Norplant, if an agent of the state takes my minor child for a medical procedure without my knowledge and permission, I'm gonna be pissed and reasonably so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, just hypothetically, if she asked you to take her tomorrow, would you?

Yes or No.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
<i>Title X federal guidelines allows for teens as young as 12 to receive various forms of contraceptives without a parent's consent.</i>

This is all kinds of fucked up.
View Quote

Have any of you seen high school kids lately? Half of them have ridiculous tattoos and piercings by their sophomore year.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because some parents are just too fucking stupid or iggorant to understand what their little rosebud is up to.

Kids have been fucking for thousands of years, shit, 200 years ago they were getting married at 13.

I still remember taking my 14 yr old GF to the doctor and getting her on the pill, because we were being
responsible about birth control.
He said,  ' You are 15, right? Cause I am not supposed to prescribe these for you until you are 15.'
"Sure thing, Doc."
'OK then. see you in 6 months for a refill'

We even ripped one off in his parking lot to celebrate.
Her parents assumed we were having sex, but never asked, never knowingly caught us, either.

And this was 51 years ago, admittedly in a different country, where attitudes towards sex are nowhere
near as puritanical as here. 

So this young lady was just being practical, safe and responsible, is spite of her parents ideals.

IMHO YMMV.
Well, it sure seemed like a bloody good idea at the time,
and the day before wasn't all bad, either.
And the day, week, month and years after seemed pretty good too.

But, I guess it comes under the heading of - "you just had to be there."

Obviously, you were not there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
As a paramedic in Illinois a minor cannot refuse emergency treatment unless they are emancipated or a parent/pregnant. In which case they can then refuse with informed consent. There is a legal precedent for reproductive rights being granted to minors along with the decisions that impact them and honestly I'm totally fine with that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wow what a bad idea.  Hitting a kid with long term hormones that can't be easily stopped and not telling anyone. Think of it like roid rage, ladies can get the same thing. After our second child my wife got back on birth control after 4-5 months.  The brand she was on changed to something else.  Two days later we are talking about something and she starts throwing stuff.  Broke a large vase with water and flowers In it, 2 plates and runs outside screaming and pulling her hair.  I was like what the heck?  She comes back in a couple min like normal says sorry and we clean it up.  Next day she calls me to come home get the kids she was thinking of stabbing them with a kitchen knife.  Turnd out to be the birth control she was on not depression or anything baby related.  We stopped the BC and she was normal in a couple days.  Changed BC and no more issues.  I would be very pissed if this was my girl.  I wonder how many teen suicides are related, can't know because it's under the table.
View Quote
That's not how estrogen works.

Most forms or oral and implanted birth control is essentially nothing more than a large does of estrogen and or progestin. Now it may be possible that your wife was placed on a low or non estrogen pill after her body had acclimated to previous high estrogen pills that reduced her bodies natural production. That combined with some form of post partum depression could cause such behavior but a simple increase in estrogen alone will not cause aggression. Aggressive behavior in males using steroids is the result of elevated testosterone levels which are the exact opposite of estrogen.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So, just hypothetically, if she asked you to take her tomorrow, would you?

Yes or No.
View Quote
I've already got my 16 year old set up with birth control as needed, with all questions asked, and with proper medical supervision.  

What is the implication of your question?

ETA: My 16 year old has some medical issues that would have been very harmful had she gotten the Norplant and, if this had happened to her, I would have sued the shit out of the school. I am amazed about the ignorance about medical issues that GD has at times
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Contraception generally falls under decisions a minor female can make without parental consent.

View Quote
And you see the dichotomy there, yes?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only as relates to the pregnancy.  Everything else falls to the parent.  I'm sure you can see the double standard there.  You are an emancipated minor or not? Yes?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#44]
So they reach reproductive age and they can make the choice without parental approval. Can't vote. Can't enter into a legal contract. Can't drink. Can't smoke. Not an adult yet, but can consent to an implant. Makes perfect sence
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#46]
If she's old enough to make adult decisions,  she is old enough to pack  her belongings an move out on her own.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree with this. How are people any different than 20 years ago? Social Media?

How do people resist the urge to just go kill other people? Are some of you people saying people today are not as good as people of olde?

Sure, our culture has tumbled downward quite a ways. At what point do we turn it around?  Hey just do what ever feels good?  

That kind of thinking is currently costing the taxpayers of this country dearly. Look at all the unmarried mothers in this country and we support a lot of them.

We pay for everything they have and most of what they want. Want more money? Have another baby.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Student at Langston Hughes.

I'm okay with this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Only as relates to the pregnancy.  Everything else falls to the parent.  I'm sure you can see the double standard there.  You are an emancipated minor or not? Yes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do see the dichotomy. I also know why those regulations arose. There were parents refusing to obtain prenatal care for pregnant daughters, parents beating or abusing girls who sought birth control/prenatal care, and parents forcing daughters to obtain abortions for "inconvenient" pregnancies. Thus, emancipated minor status for OB/GYN care, because some parents are gigantic jerkburgers of epic proportions.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top