Page / 19
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:33:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ugh just drink piss at that point.

Whiskey is 0 carbs
View Quote
The bad idea bar is mostly zero carbs too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I love beer and wine, but if I can eat enough protein the weight will still drop.  So I don't think you have to be zero/low carbs, I think you have to be high enough protein that your body thinks it's cool and don't panic, no need to store.
View Quote
too much protein causes weight gain.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:36:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Sugar and carbs is what causes heart disease, (and insulin resistance) not meat or fat.  

If all you ever ate was red meat and vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, brussel sprouts, cabbage) you would be super healthy but likely a little low on energy as you do need some carbs for power and endurance.

I feel the best when I drastically cut back on sugar and limit white flour based simple carbs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
too much protein causes weight gain.
View Quote
It's actually very difficult to eat enough protein to cause unwanted weight gain.  Carbs and sugar do it, not protein.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:43:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's actually very difficult to eat enough protein to cause unwanted weight gain.  Carbs and sugar do it, not protein.
View Quote
and protein can be converted to glucose in the liver.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:44:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

HELP

I splilled a cookie sheet full of bacon grease on the kitchen floor (hardwood)

Wife is gone until Wednesday.

I've tried Dawn, 409, Bona..

Still have a sheen!

help me!
View Quote
Try a small amount of acetone.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glucanogenesis, right?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:56:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The bad idea bar is mostly zero carbs too.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3892/33669653815_4d2913b1a6_b.jpg
View Quote
I can't believe how many of those i willingly tried. I think it was down to like a half dozen or so that i didn't take a sip of.

I appreciated the company and i have no doubt that whatever particular mix you put down makes one an expert pistol shooter.

Unfortunately a lot of the flavored ones are full of sugar.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:59:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I feel like I should be doing this with you. 

But man, I really love beer...
View Quote
I'm in the exact same boat man. I drank a lot of beer. And, not that piss water stuff either. It was only hard to give up for the first few days. After that no problem. Wine too I would either drink a six of some craft beer or a couple of bottles of wine a night.

Weekends I would kill a 24 of pbr or coors on top of some wine and or craft beer.

I love the stuff, but something's got to change.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:01:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wow!  In on this. I'm thinking I need to read up and do this too.

How much bacon per day?  I'm 6'4", 255 lbs. I need to get down to 220.

Thank you for doing this here!
View Quote
I do 2 lbs a day. Divide it up into 3 2/3lb meals. Though I'm shifting to more in the morning and less for lunch and dinner. I don't have hunger issues.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:04:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Glucanogenesis, right?
View Quote
yessir.

In metabolically healthy people, it's a non issue.  But most of us aren't.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:07:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm in the exact same boat man. I drank a lot of beer. And, not that piss water stuff either. It was only hard to give up for the first few days. After that no problem. Wine too I would either drink a six of some craft beer or a couple of bottles of wine a night.

Weekends I would kill a 24 of pbr or coors on top of some wine and or craft beer.

View Quote
Once you get done with this, then get down to your fightin' weight I would suggest myfitnesspal to help maintain where you have gotten to.  It is allowing me to drink what I want if I plan accordingly.. not saying a 24pk would go, but I have no problem finding room for a few double IPA's or bourbon barrel aged stouts.  There are a surprising amount of them in their database too!!  I know if I have one that is not in there I can get real close at least in finding as substitute beer to add.  And of course if the calories seem to low for that bret sour you just drank.. it is probably a bad database entry and I find another one.  It is not perfect, but I have found that I have been tracking without thinking about it now.. it is a habit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:11:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I can't believe how many of those i willingly tried. I think it was down to like a half dozen or so that i didn't take a sip of.

I appreciated the company and i have no doubt that whatever particular mix you put down makes one an expert pistol shooter.

Unfortunately a lot of the flavored ones are full of sugar.
View Quote
I know they are.. unfortunately.  That piehole was delicious!

I dont even know how i got through the following day... i was not even hung over and you know I was 3.5 sheets to the wind.  I wish i knew how I shot so well.  I can count all comps I have ever shot on just my hands and feet if that.  I just grew up with a gun in my hand is all I can think of.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:14:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Once you get done with this, then get down to your fightin' weight I would suggest myfitnesspal to help maintain where you have gotten to.  It is allowing me to drink what I want if I plan accordingly.. not saying a 24pk would go, but I have no problem finding room for a few double IPA's or bourbon barrel aged stouts.  There are a surprising amount of them in their database too!!  I know if I have one that is not in there I can get real close at least in finding as substitute beer to add.  And of course if the calories seem to low for that bret sour you just drank.. it is probably a bad database entry and I find another one.  It is not perfect, but I have found that I have been tracking without thinking about it now.. it is a habit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty much the plan. I'm going hard for 100lbs then going to focus on going beast mode and building back up the muscle mass. After that the plan Ian to maintain.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Global study finds low salt diets not beneficial

A large worldwide study has found that, contrary to popular thought, low-salt diets may not be beneficial and may actually increase the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and death compared to average salt consumption.

In fact, the study suggests that the only people who need to worry about reducing sodium in their diet are those with hypertension (high blood pressure) and have high salt consumption.

The study, involving more than 130,000 people from 49 countries, was led by investigators of the Population Health Research Institute (PHRI) of McMaster University and Hamilton Health Sciences.

They looked specifically at whether the relationship between sodium (salt) intake and death, heart disease and stroke differs in people with high blood pressure compared to those with normal blood pressure.

The researchers showed that regardless of whether people have high blood pressure, low-sodium intake is associated with more heart attacks, strokes and deaths compared to average intake.

"These are extremely important findings for those who are suffering from high blood pressure," said Andrew Mente, lead author of the study, a principal investigator of PHRI and an associate professor of clinical epidemiology and biostatistics at McMaster's Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine.

"While our data highlights the importance of reducing high salt intake in people with hypertension, it does not support reducing salt intake to low levels. Our findings are important because they show that lowering sodium is best targeted at those with hypertension who also consume high sodium diets."

"Low sodium intake reduces blood pressure modestly, compared to average intake, but low sodium intake also has other effects, including adverse elevations of certain hormones which may outweigh any benefits. The key question is not whether blood pressure is lower with very low salt intake, instead it is whether it improves health," Mente said.

https://fhs.mcmaster.ca/main/news/news_2016/low_salt_diet_study.html

Forgot to quote the post of whoever asked about sodium...
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A large worldwide study has found that, contrary to popular thought, low-salt diets may not be beneficial and may actually increase the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and death compared to average salt consumption.

In fact, the study suggests that the only people who need to worry about reducing sodium in their diet are those with hypertension (high blood pressure) and have high salt consumption.

The study, involving more than 130,000 people from 49 countries, was led by investigators of the Population Health Research Institute (PHRI) of McMaster University and Hamilton Health Sciences.

They looked specifically at whether the relationship between sodium (salt) intake and death, heart disease and stroke differs in people with high blood pressure compared to those with normal blood pressure.

The researchers showed that regardless of whether people have high blood pressure, low-sodium intake is associated with more heart attacks, strokes and deaths compared to average intake.

"These are extremely important findings for those who are suffering from high blood pressure," said Andrew Mente, lead author of the study, a principal investigator of PHRI and an associate professor of clinical epidemiology and biostatistics at McMaster's Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine.

"While our data highlights the importance of reducing high salt intake in people with hypertension, it does not support reducing salt intake to low levels. Our findings are important because they show that lowering sodium is best targeted at those with hypertension who also consume high sodium diets."

"Low sodium intake reduces blood pressure modestly, compared to average intake, but low sodium intake also has other effects, including adverse elevations of certain hormones which may outweigh any benefits. The key question is not whether blood pressure is lower with very low salt intake, instead it is whether it improves health," Mente said.

View Quote
For those who won't go click on the link, average sodium 3.5-4 grams high sodium greater than 6 grams.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, I was not monitoring my sodium intake before I started this, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting WAY more now. and my BP fell from 160/104 to 144/83 (dont remember exact, but thats pretty close.. ) in the first 12 days of doing this, so I'm guessing its not a factor for most people. Obviously YMMV, but for me its a non issue, at least for now.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I didn't really want to post this one, but I did as its all I've filmed all week. I talk a bit about myself and my thoughts. I cry and I get a little mad. (though I cut most of that out and I want to keep this fairly positive).

As a vlog goes, it's a little long because it's mostly me talking. I'm driving, so there is some road noise, but you can still hear me.

Day 13 I Break Down || Bacon Diet Volg - My Bacon Experiment

I promise tomorrow will be better. Weigh in and more bacon!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Let me guess! By day three you were pooping golden turds!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I didn't really want to post this one, but I did as its all I've filmed all week. I talk a bit about myself and my thoughts. I cry and I get a little mad. (though I cut most of that out and I want to keep this fairly positive).

As a vlog goes, it's a little long because it's mostly me talking. I'm driving, so there is some road noise, but you can still hear me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mezRsFVILc

I promise tomorrow will be better. Weigh in and more bacon!
View Quote
Was starting to wonder if you quit on us
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Several pages back I wrote that I would support anyone going through the self reflection and self rediscovery process.  It isn't easy or fun, which is why many rather ignore it and look to outside distractions than turn some internal rocks over.  Even though it is rough try to stay positive and look at where you can see yourself going instead of what you missed, wasted, or failed at in the past.  You can't change the past, you can only learn from it.  Use the memory of what you missed as motivation to make things happen.

Back in January a member here asked me about a thread from 10 years ago and wanted to know how things turned out.  It came at the same time I was trying to find motivation to push forward and get things done.  What I came to realize was the areas from 10 years ago that I failed at the most was being disciplined in finishing my own goals.  For example back then I said I was fixing up a house and wanted to get more into real estate.  My house still isn't fixed to the point where it needs to be because I ran out and embraced external distractions instead of being disciplined and focusing on what I said I wanted to accomplish.

My weight was another area where I let stress and life take over and I gained weight.  Then I look at Trump's kids.  They have more money than they know what to do with.  They can buy $1.000 meals for every meals and it wouldn't phase them.  They could gorge themselves on the finest foods.  Yet they are all in great shape.  They have more stress in their lives than I do.  So if they can manage the stress and be satisfied eating food and portions that keep them fit, then I should be too.  It comes down to one trait, discipline.  Since that time I have been focused on getting things done, making things happen, and controlling what I eat.  I'm getting a whole lot more done now and losing weight.

You are on the right track.  If it was easy everyone would be problem free.  Keep up the effort and good luck.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Several pages back I wrote that I would support anyone going through the self reflection and self rediscovery process.  It isn't easy or fun, which is why many rather ignore it and look to outside distractions than turn some internal rocks over.  Even though it is rough try to stay positive and look at where you can see yourself going instead of what you missed, wasted, or failed at in the past.  You can't change the past, you can only learn from it.  Use the memory of what you missed as motivation to make things happen.

Back in January a member here asked me about a thread from 10 years ago and wanted to know how things turned out.  It came at the same time I was trying to find motivation to push forward and get things done.  What I came to realize was the areas from 10 years ago that I failed at the most was being disciplined in finishing my own goals.  For example back then I said I was fixing up a house and wanted to get more into real estate.  My house still isn't fixed to the point where it needs to be because I ran out and embraced external distractions instead of being disciplined and focusing on what I said I wanted to accomplish.

My weight was another area where I let stress and life take over and I gained weight.  Then I look at Trump's kids.  They have more money than they know what to do with.  They can buy $1.000 meals for every meals and it wouldn't phase them.  They could gorge themselves on the finest foods.  Yet they are all in great shape.  They have more stress in their lives than I do.  So if they can manage the stress and be satisfied eating food and portions that keep them fit, then I should be too.  It comes down to one trait, discipline.  Since that time I have been focused on getting things done, making things happen, and controlling what I eat.  I'm getting a whole lot more done now and losing weight.

You are on the right track.  If it was easy everyone would be problem free.  Keep up the effort and good luck.
View Quote
On the Trump kid thing, it probably doesn't hurt that he doesn't mind calling fat people fat. I'm one to think having a form of a bully in life does sometimes lead to changes for the better.

I thought of this quote from your post. It's not perfect as it wants you to forget the past. Better off learning from it and forgetting what's not helpful to your future.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So, how long have you been in ketosis?
View Quote
I don't mess with keto, never even heard of it until the thread here in GD.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I always wonder what people like you tell someone who is trying to stop drinking or quit smoking or quit drugs.  

You are correct in that there are more than one way to do this. I am assuming you have not watched the videos, so I'll repeat myself for those who have.

This is starting point. A first step. I have plan for transition to a more traditional "diet plan" once the 30 days are up. I'm 13 days in so far and have changed so many things in this short time that its mind blowing to me. One little change leads to a cascade of others. It's all about STARTING and THE FIRST STEP. It's not about breaking a bad habit as much as it is about re writing habits and making them moldable.

This is my chose first step because I thought it would be fun to document and share.

I don't expect everyone who sees this to agree that it is the right way of doing it. We all have our opinions.
View Quote
I've had to quit tobacco, drinking, eating poorly, and caffeine myself.   I know how rough it is. I've been to meetings.  I don't sugar coat shit because I know what RELAPSE is and I know how people justify it.  

I've watched countless people do the 'traditional' things, and 'extreme' things, and ultimately fail because their mindset wasn't right.   Trying to lose weight is the wrong avenue IMO.

Really, I am glad that you're doing something, and it is interesting to see the results.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, how long have you been in ketosis?
I figured that was the case
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Which would have the greatest impact on your hormone levels?   Eating potatoes, or bacon?
View Quote
I really don't know, but the muscle guys I know say that no carbs for too long will kill T.  I cycled off (very low) carbs for ~4 weeks and cut a little fat, but didn't go any longer than that since I was where I wanted to be.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's cool. I take screen shots of post like that so that I will be reminded that there are always those who are stuck in their ways and not willing to learn something new. Also, they will make great follow up post for years to come.
View Quote
I can take it.  I hope you DO prove me wrong!  But if you don't, I'm still gonna be here too....
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I really don't know, but the muscle guys I know say that no carbs for too long will kill T.  I cycled off (very low) carbs for ~4 weeks and cut a little fat, but didn't go any longer than that since I was where I wanted to be.
View Quote
Uh testosterone is made from cholesterol... Shouldn't have shit to do with carbs
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Uh testosterone is made from cholesterol... Shouldn't have shit to do with carbs
View Quote
I don't know.  Google it.   I ate a potato yesterday and I'm too busy cruising porn in the other tab to mess with it right now.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've had to quit tobacco, drinking, eating poorly, and caffeine myself.   I know how rough it is. I've been to meetings.  I don't sugar coat shit because I know what RELAPSE is and I know how people justify it.  

I've watched countless people do the 'traditional' things, and 'extreme' things, and ultimately fail because their mindset wasn't right.  Trying to lose weight is the wrong avenue IMO.

Really, I am glad that you're doing something, and it is interesting to see the results.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always wonder what people like you tell someone who is trying to stop drinking or quit smoking or quit drugs.  

You are correct in that there are more than one way to do this. I am assuming you have not watched the videos, so I'll repeat myself for those who have.

This is starting point. A first step. I have plan for transition to a more traditional "diet plan" once the 30 days are up. I'm 13 days in so far and have changed so many things in this short time that its mind blowing to me. One little change leads to a cascade of others. It's all about STARTING and THE FIRST STEP. It's not about breaking a bad habit as much as it is about re writing habits and making them moldable.

This is my chose first step because I thought it would be fun to document and share.

I don't expect everyone who sees this to agree that it is the right way of doing it. We all have our opinions.

I've watched countless people do the 'traditional' things, and 'extreme' things, and ultimately fail because their mindset wasn't right.  Trying to lose weight is the wrong avenue IMO.

I can totally appreciate that point of view and in fact, I think that you and I think alike on the matter in red. However, I think that you may be missing the point of what this "experiment" is about. I'm actually going to talk more about it in the vlog for tomorrow and I did touch on it a bit in the one I just posted and, it will be a  

As I and others have mentioned, this is about making changes to habits.

Habits are a loop (Cue -> routine -> Reward -> repeat), a cycle that will just play over and over the same way unless the routine is interrupted/ changed.  They are different for everyone in the sense that everyone has different cue's routines, and rewards, but the process is the same. The key is discovering the routines, figuring out the reward the routine is achieving, identify the cue, then make a plan to change the routine.

Again I assume that you don't watch the videos, and I understand if you don't. They are long and a lot of it is just for fun, so the real meat of the subject isn't oozing out of them, but, this is more that a fat guy shoving bacon down his throat in hope of losing a few pounds.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I can totally appreciate that point of view and in fact, I think that you and I think alike on the matter in red. However, I think that you may be missing the point of what this "experiment" is about. I'm actually going to talk more about it in the vlog for tomorrow and I did touch on it a bit in the one I just posted and, it will be a  

Habits are a loop (Cue -> routine -> Reward -> repeat), a cycle that will just play over and over the same way unless the routine is interrupted/ changed.  They are different for everyone in the sense that everyone has different cue's routines, and rewards, but the process is the same. The key is discovering the routines, figuring out the reward the routine is achieving, identify the cue, then make a plan to change the routine.

Again I assume that you don't watch the videos, and I understand if you don't. They are long and a lot of it is just for fun, so the real meat of the subject isn't oozing out of them, but, this is more that a fat guy shoving bacon down his throat in hope of losing a few pounds.    
View Quote
Well said OP! I have followed this thread and your YouTube channel from the beginning. I'm not over weight at all but I am a huge beer drinker! And I can't fathom that you're doing all this in one swoop.

In the past when I tried to make changes in my beer drinking habits it made everyone around me miserable! That was mainly due to the fact that I really didn't want to reduce or quit the habit but due to financial issues at the time.

I'm at a point now where I need to take those steps again not for for the reasons stated previously but for health concerns. I guess what I'm getting at is I'm kind of living vicariously through your post and videos to see if that's a trigger I can pull in my own life.

Keep up the good work & I'm looking forward to your next update!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I can take it.  I hope you DO prove me wrong!  But if you don't, I'm still gonna be here too....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's cool. I take screen shots of post like that so that I will be reminded that there are always those who are stuck in their ways and not willing to learn something new. Also, they will make great follow up post for years to come.
It's all good!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Keto/Atkins and paleo diet works.  You just dont have to eat bacon.  No carbs or sugar, most of your calories have to come from fat.  Its hard to eat that much fat.  Alcohol is a macro and should be avoided.  Mich ultra and vodka,whiskey are the better things to drink if you must.  I lost 15 pounds last year in a month and only gained 4 back .  Dont eat carbs or sugar!!  My blood sugar went from 99 to 78 in 3 weeks!  Eat to live, dont live to eat!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Have your doctor put you on Alopurinol for gout asap!
View Quote
Thats what stopped my diet.  Closapine is what my doc gave.  If you drink enough water it shouldnt be a problem.  A gallon a day if you can do it.
Many others have reversed their sugar count to the point where they dont need medicine anymore, my uncle being one of them.  Im sure if you read the keto thread here or read about the Atkins diet you will learn this.  Sounds wrong but its not.  Were meant to eat meat/fat not sugar/ carbs.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thats what stopped my diet.  Closapine is what my doc gave.  If you drink enough water it shouldnt be a problem.  A gallon a day if you can do it.
Many others have reversed their sugar count to the point where they dont need medicine anymore, my uncle being one of them.  Im sure if you read the keto thread here or read about the Atkins diet you will learn this.  Sounds wrong but its not.  Were meant to eat meat/fat not sugar/ carbs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have your doctor put you on Alopurinol for gout asap!
Not really worried about it. I drink a gallon and a half of water a day.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:42:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well said OP! I have followed this thread and your YouTube channel from the beginning. I'm not over weight at all but I am a huge beer drinker! And I can't fathom that you're doing all this in one swoop.

In the past when I tried to make changes in my beer drinking habits it made everyone around me miserable! That was mainly due to the fact that I really didn't want to reduce or quit the habit but due to financial issues at the time.

I'm at a point now where I need to take those steps again not for for the reasons stated previously but for health concerns. I guess what I'm getting at is I'm kind of living vicariously through your post and videos to see if that's a trigger I can pull in my own life.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's tough to quit drinking for sure. The first few days were super hard to get through. I work at home, so having a beer or two in the afternoons was super easy to do. I would get to three or four and just be tired of work, so I figured a drink wouldn't hurt anything. I would then go grab a glass of wine as soon as work was finished and just keep drinking till bed time.

Alcohol habits (similarly to food/eating) have a fourth aspect that needs to be accounted for in order to change the habit and keep it changed. That's a "higher power". That's up to interpretation I'm sure, but it can be as simple as a community that counts on you and that you can count on to get you through. You have to have something to believe in and something, some reason to want it.

Thanks for the support. I really means a lot! Let me know if you ever need to talk.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#37]
You still loving bacon as much now as normal?  I think it is one of a few foods that my cravings will never change for.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You should do a before and after cholesterol test.
View Quote
The ketotic diet will result in completely normal triglycerides and cholesterol.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:07:08 AM EDT
[#39]
OP, good on you for slowing down your drinking.

Just to put it into perspective: you would drink more in a weekend than I've cumulatively had over the course of my entire life. No shit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:22:54 AM EDT
[#40]
So, I've been giving keto another shot. I tried it last year, but couldn't give up soda and sweets. So far I've eaten one chicken breast with broccoli for breakfast and a piece of pork loin also with broccoli for dinner each day, skipping lunch. For a snack I've eaten black olives, string cheese, and hard boiled eggs. I've drank nothing but water. Today will be my 5th day. Does this sound okay to those of you experienced with keto? I've been taking a multivitamin a day also.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So, I've been giving keto another shot. I tried it last year, but couldn't give up soda and sweets. So far I've eaten one chicken breast with broccoli for breakfast and a piece of pork loin also with broccoli for dinner each day, skipping lunch. For a snack I've eaten black olives, string cheese, and hard boiled eggs. I've drank nothing but water. Today will be my 5th day. Does this sound okay to those of you experienced with keto? I've been taking a multivitamin a day also.
View Quote
More fat will make it more satisfying and easier to stick with. Spinach or vegetables drenched in olive oil will help that and help your shits.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:48:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
that's not keto. You need 80% of your calories to come from fat.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
More fat will make it more satisfying and easier to stick with. Spinach or vegetables drenched in olive oil will help that and help your shits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I figured the breast would be too lean. I'll maybe switch that out with breakfast sausage and/or bacon. Whichever is cheaper. So far I've had no problems in the backdoor department. I will keep that in mind though. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got any recommendations that I can cook all in one day and eat all week?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fat bombs
http://www.butterisnotacarb.com/chocolate-fat-bombs/
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Keep on going, OP!

I gave up the cigarettes about a month and a half ago and just started doing morning jogs this past Monday. Just about a mile-long loop around the neighborhood with my dog. I've always been a skinny fucker so no idea what it's like to struggle with weight. Do have a herniated L5-S1, though, but trying not to let it rule me. Feeling great so far this week!

Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks for serving as an inspiration. I'm off to do my jog now!
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL, no it isn't.  Our bodies are designed to primarily get energy from carbohydrates.  The zero carb craze is the equivalent of the zero fat craze years ago.  Just as all fats are not bad but all were demonized, not all carbs are bad yet all carbs are demonized.  Samuse is correct, if you want to build muscle you need some carbs or you'll suffer higher cortisol levels and eventually lower T levels.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I haven't rocked a 6-pack my whole life, I've been at varying levels of fitness.  

The key is you have to want to do it.  If you decide on a whim to lose weight, you'll fail not to far in.  You gotta decide things have to change.  This is the real devil behind fatty acceptance - we know without any doubt there are health complications with being obese.  But all gathering around singing kumbaya my whales kills motivation for individuals to get healthy.

ETA: Grats to OP for losing the weight, and the willpower to stick to the crazy diet.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
You want to post your source for that information?  A keto diet is one that keeps you ketosis.  Different guides start at 60% fat calories and go up from there.  There is no solid rule that you need X fat calories every single meal of every single day.  It is just a general guideline.  If you are actually in full ketosis then you can even have meals where you eat carbs and it doesn't kick you out of ketosis.  Just like eating one keto meal doesn't put you in ketosis.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You still loving bacon as much now as normal?  I think it is one of a few foods that my cravings will never change for.
View Quote
Yeah, Its still really good! Though I do have cravings for a huge salad and maybe a steak.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top