BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please get a full lab panel done before you start and after you finish.
View Quote
this
would be interesting to see
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I doubt you will stick with it for a full 30 days and even if you lose weight you will gain some back when you go back to what should be a normal diet.
Setting yourself up for failure.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've lost 26 lbs this year on Keto.  Dropped my cholesterol 30 points as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been doing keto since Feb 28th and am down about 16lbs.  Was 232.

My bacon and sausage intake has increased exponentially since before I started and I have to say I'm quite enjoying it.

Good luck and god speed.

Wright thick cut is the best.  Surprisingly, the Wal-Mart thick cut stuff is pretty damn good as well.
Good job!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Subbed to your channel too!
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dude that was actually very entertaining.  You are doing a great job with the editing etc..., I think if you just add an exercise program in there (nothing too crazy) and you'll supercharge your weight loss.  Congrats on DOING something instead of just talking about doing something.  Keep up the vlogs also!  Will be interesting to see how you feel after a few weeks of it.
View Quote
Thank you!

I have started walking for 45 min after lunch. I'll increase as I lose some weight and take pressure off of my back.

I'll also get doing some yoga.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Cost? 
View Quote
$11 a lb for the stuff I'm getting.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy some bell peppers or jalapenos. Munch on those as well as lettuce.
Water Water Water

Though, I don't recommend an all bacon diet.
eta
Cold crunchy is good for you mentally and digestively.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Video was too long for what you covered, the focus and audio as you mentioned had issued but over all it was very well done vlog.  Check out the videos on this channel for styling, camera angles, focus, and how their approach makes the view feel as if they are almost there.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZdQjaSoLjIzFnWsDQOv4ww They started out just filming daily life on a sailboat and their popularity exploded.  Tons of copy cat channels now but no one has managed to do what these people do.  Their filming and approach is a huge part of why people connect with them.  

My only main complaint is no one wants to watch you sit down and eat.  I'll watch you make the food, I'll to you describe what went into your food or how you cooked it, you can show me what is in your bowl or on your plate right before you eat it and even take one bite.  All that is fine but sit and watch you stuff your face and crunch, fuck that!  Obviously the crunch is part of bacon but I don't want to see or hear it.  I have to deal with enough people that eat obnoxiously, not that you were, but the crunch is the same whether the person is obnoxious or not. 

It takes balls to put you, your home, and your life out there for everyone to see.  So I'll support you, even if the crunching continues, and already subscribed.  Have you monetized your channel?  Might as well and make a few bucks from it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope I'll get better at vlogging while I'm at it.

Video was too long for what you covered, the focus and audio as you mentioned had issued but over all it was very well done vlog.  Check out the videos on this channel for styling, camera angles, focus, and how their approach makes the view feel as if they are almost there.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZdQjaSoLjIzFnWsDQOv4ww They started out just filming daily life on a sailboat and their popularity exploded.  Tons of copy cat channels now but no one has managed to do what these people do.  Their filming and approach is a huge part of why people connect with them.  

My only main complaint is no one wants to watch you sit down and eat.  I'll watch you make the food, I'll to you describe what went into your food or how you cooked it, you can show me what is in your bowl or on your plate right before you eat it and even take one bite.  All that is fine but sit and watch you stuff your face and crunch, fuck that!  Obviously the crunch is part of bacon but I don't want to see or hear it.  I have to deal with enough people that eat obnoxiously, not that you were, but the crunch is the same whether the person is obnoxious or not. 

It takes balls to put you, your home, and your life out there for everyone to see.  So I'll support you, even if the crunching continues, and already subscribed.  Have you monetized your channel?  Might as well and make a few bucks from it.
Thanks!

I am going to re cut this on and tidy it up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:38:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cost? 
2lbs/day? More, less? 

eta At the end you're gonna' be craving ANYTHING else.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:51:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Dropped 30 pounds and tightened up two belt notches since the end of Jan doing a keto style diet (by style no specific diet, just keeping net carbs under about 50 grams a day).

The difference between how the body functions and processes certain things is radically different than how marketing and government salesmanship has made it seem. This thread as well as others showcases the gulf of difference between what "doctors say" (especially through the 80's and 90's) and what modern medicine has shown. 
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:58:16 AM EDT
[#11]
your probably going to die on the shiter. Elvis is waiting for you on the other side.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:02:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Is this only a how much weight will you gain test?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:14:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
2lbs/day? More, less? 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cost? 
2lbs/day? More, less? 

I meant to say it's 5.50 a lb. 11 for two.

Yes 2 lb a day
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:16:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is this only a how much weight will you gain test?
View Quote
I'm guessing I'll lose 20-25 lbs. That's a conservative number.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Well, so much for that. I was up till 2 last night re doing it when premier crashed and the Kate's save point was about two worth of work back...

I'm working on day two this morning. I'll film a trailer and introduce this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Good job!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been doing keto since Feb 28th and am down about 16lbs.  Was 232.

My bacon and sausage intake has increased exponentially since before I started and I have to say I'm quite enjoying it.

Good luck and god speed.

Wright thick cut is the best.  Surprisingly, the Wal-Mart thick cut stuff is pretty damn good as well.
Good job!
Bout the same.

30 lbs as of yesterday.

I go on Monday for more blood work.

Will watch with interest.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well, so much for that. I was up till 2 last night re doing it when premier crashed a
View Quote
The editing is a pain.  The Hillary Lost Reactions - Giving Up On You video I put together was just editing existing footage and getting the audio right.  https://youtu.be/QgfWSxzlQ6A  I spent something like 5 hours cutting, chopping, splitting, and moving clips to get it to the point where I was ok with it.  I knew I could do better but said good enough and just moved on.  One component of what you are putting on YouTube is that it is real.  You don't have to be perfect with it.  The story is real and that is what people want to connect with.  Putting the tags in the video about the focus is perfectly fine. It shows you make mistakes and push forward, then as you get better people will see that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#18]
DAY TWO.
 He is still alive.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#19]

TAG.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
DAY TWO.
 He is still alive.
View Quote
Today is actually the beginning of day 4. And yes, I'm alive.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#21]
you should put butter on your bacon, it will taste better
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The editing is a pain.  The Hillary Lost Reactions - Giving Up On You video I put together was just editing existing footage and getting the audio right.  https://youtu.be/QgfWSxzlQ6A  I spent something like 5 hours cutting, chopping, splitting, and moving clips to get it to the point where I was ok with it.  I knew I could do better but said good enough and just moved on.  One component of what you are putting on YouTube is that it is real.  You don't have to be perfect with it.  The story is real and that is what people want to connect with.  Putting the tags in the video about the focus is perfectly fine. It shows you make mistakes and push forward, then as you get better people will see that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, so much for that. I was up till 2 last night re doing it when premier crashed a
Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Bacon Diet thread about the guy who did it a while back really made me think. I've got to do something and lose some weight again. This is as good a way as any to kick it off.

I'm going to document the process with regular vlogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztkZ5Vyf5A

View Quote

Am I the only person on earth that thinks bacon is kinda nasty?

It's a salty crackly mess....
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Dude... clean up your fu<king house.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There's bacon, and then there's bacon.

Try not to eat the crap bacon that pumped full of nitrates and other assorted crap.
View Quote
Bacon is not bacon unless it's cured.  Nitrates/nitrites and part of that.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
You don't have small kids, do you?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Am I the only person on earth that thinks bacon is kinda nasty?

It's a salty crackly mess....
View Quote
Get better bacon and don't over cook it.

This is fucking awesome op. Liked, subscribed, paused to make bacon and will be following this thread.

I actually think you should not increase your activity level at all for the duration of this experiment for scientific integrity. Although you already threw in tomatoes avocados and carrots. In the quantities used it shouldn't have any effect other than flavor and keeping you on it along with some micronutrients. Of those i would only consider avocados truly keto friendly.

I think you will do great with this and i hope you complete the challenge and inspire others to take the low carb thing seriously.  You did a good job for a first vlog. Few short vids throughout and another longer wrap up shouldn't kill you with work. I anxiously await the before and after numbers, get as much data as you can.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, 2. They are a little older now but my place never looked like that. Hell even his grill is a fucking disgusting mess.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#29]
How about turkey bacon?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I had 3 thick bacons today with breakfast, in sympathy.

Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How about turkey bacon?
View Quote
a fucking god awful abomination that should be stricken from the face of the earth.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Stock up on Cholesterol Meds
View Quote
  Obviously uninformed
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

a fucking god awful abomination that should be stricken from the face of the earth.
View Quote
Don't be jelly. I'm bringing turkey bacon and turkey dogs to CWW now out of spite.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Day two is up.

I make coffee and bacon.

ETA... Not yet... Didnt work

Soon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I've been eating bacon or sausage and 4+ eggs a day for several years. Did blood work and cholesterol is below normal range, because bad cholesterol is very low.

Suck it uninformed people
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was beat.

OP I was just going to invite you over to the Keto thread where this is kind of a way of life for us
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#37]
low carb is one thing.   Nothing but bacon for 30 days?

Question:  What is your goal with this diet?  

If your goal is JUST to lose weight... sure, that will probably work great.   Be brutally honest with yourself when you count those calories and yeah, you will lose weight on this diet.

If your goal is to work out and gain muscle... this is going to be rough way to do it.   Some complex carbs would be beneficial if you plan on doing any kind of exercise.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#38]
26 lbs down in 3 weeks on low carb (>100) high protein fat diet. Total cholesterol is down 22 points to 176. Ratio down to 4.1 from 6.6. Hdl is still low at 29 so I am increasing niacin and nuts. It works.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
low carb is one thing.   Nothing but bacon for 30 days?

Question:  What is your goal with this diet?  

If your goal is JUST to lose weight... sure, that will probably work great.   Be brutally honest with yourself when you count those calories and yeah, you will lose weight on this diet.

If your goal is to work out and gain muscle... this is going to be rough way to do it.   Some complex carbs would be beneficial if you plan on doing any kind of exercise.
View Quote
The goal is pure weight loss for now. I want to get down to around 280 before I start increasing activity and working on fitness.

The reason I'm doing it this way is that I have destroyed my back and it cant take the weight. much more than walking is very taxing on it and I'm afraid of ending up down for a few months again.

Once Ive hit my goal, I'll bring cardio and strength training back.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Alright, day two is back up.

I didn't film an ending, so it ends rather abruptly.

Bacon Diet - My Bacon Experiment || Day 2 of Bacon for 30 Days
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The goal is pure weight loss for now. I want to get down to around 280 before I start increasing activity and working on fitness.

The reason I'm doing it this way is that I have destroyed my back and it cant take the weight. much more than walking is very taxing on it and I'm afraid of ending up down for a few months again.

Once Ive hit my goal, I'll bring cardio and strength training back.
View Quote
Are you my twin?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#42]
dude, at your weight you should do a more conventional weight loss approach and not fuck around with off the wall shit like this. you need to build normal eating habits that you can sustain for life. lose a bunch of weight like this and when you inevitably quit you'll have no good habits built up so will most likely slide back into your old ones and regain it all.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Tag. Subbed (x2)
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was beat.

OP I was just going to invite you over to the Keto thread where this is kind of a way of life for us
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was beat.

Thanks, I have never really checked it out.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
dude, at your weight you should do a more conventional weight loss approach and not fuck around with off the wall shit like this. you need to build normal eating habits that you can sustain for life. lose a bunch of weight like this and when you inevitably quit you'll have no good habits built up so will most likely slide back into your old ones and regain it all.
View Quote
I think it's a fun interesting first step and 30 days really isn't very long. Keto is a fairly conventional weight loss approach and after all bacon he'll be fucking ecstatic to add in other healthy fats proteins and veggies.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why not grapefruit, apples, carrots, ...
View Quote
That's what fags eat...
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You should do a before and after cholesterol test.
View Quote
Take fish oil . A ton of it, then don't worry
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, who really likes living anyway
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yeah, who really likes living anyway
View Quote
I do, silly. That's why I'm doing this.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top