BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 178
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, I definitely get the wildlings siding with the Watch in that situation.  I just think it seems kind of out of character for Tormund to do a 180 about the "kneelers."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Changed his mind about the crows in general: sure.

Changed his whole philosophy about kneeling: pretty hard to believe.  Though that's starting to become par for the course.
Characters belief systems are static over the course of years, and never change. Character development is a myth.
The Free Folk suddenly becoming "kneelers" after thousands of years goes beyond "character development."

Besides, Tormund made the comment to Jon AFTER Stannis cut their army to pieces and burned Mance.
The free folk were caught between a wall and a cold place, to be fair
Oh, I definitely get the wildlings siding with the Watch in that situation.  I just think it seems kind of out of character for Tormund to do a 180 about the "kneelers."
His leader got BBQ for not kneeling, now we're talking about the queen of BBQ.

Don't make me defend bending the knee
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can dragontits breed the dragons or did she get queer dragons?
View Quote
Dragons are... uhh Hermaphrodites.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So did anyone else notice in the end it said "on the season finale"

Could HBO being playing the ultimate hidden hand? I know it is a long shot but in my heart of hearts I am hoping because there is entirely too much shit to wrap up in one episode.
View Quote
Why wouldn't they call the last episode of the season "the season finale"?

I'd say the chances of us getting another full episode this season after Sunday are about as likely as Dany abandoning her attempt to take the iron throne and kneeling to Jon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Think he brought it with him anticipating needing it?

Or maybe he sent some speedy wights back to get some?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where did the chain come from?  It should be obvious.  The NK took Hardhome.  Hardhome is a sea port.   Sea ports have chain.
Think he brought it with him anticipating needing it?

Or maybe he sent some speedy wights back to get some?
Somebody else pointed this out and I saw it but didn't realize what I was seeing at the time.

There is a wooden object with chains on it right as the dragon head is being dragged past it.  When they pan out you can see it to the right of the dragon but it's really freaking small for a ship.   I could have missed something but I did see that.   
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Some West Essos dragons have been known to spontaneously change sex from male to female in a single sex environment.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pretty blatant that Tormund set up Jon declaring for Dany at long last.

"Mance refused to bend the knee, true. And how many of our people died because he was too proud?"
View Quote
They've been rehashing that conversation so bad this season, it's like they copy pasted from the old script.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pretty much everything that anyone "nitpicks" about is possible.  It's possible Bean used some kind of power that allowed a raven to fly over 1,500 miles and Dany and her dragons to fly over 1,500 miles in under 24 hours.  It's possible Euron controls an army of souped up krakens that cause his ships to travel very, very fast.
View Quote
Or it's possible you're nitpicking time periods and distances. How do you know it was only 24 Hours that elapsed? How do you know it was 1,500 miles?

I thought the raven flew to Dany in 5 minutes
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What the fuck! I have never heard this. Neither have any of my friends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Season 8/Season 7.2 has been confirmed for a couple years.
So you thought they were going to wrap up the entire series in one more episode?  Haha, yeah that would be a bit of a stretch.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Some West Essos dragons have been known to spontaneously change sex from male to female in a single sex environment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

that's been the plan all along
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So you thought they were going to wrap up the entire series in one more episode?  Haha, yeah that would be a bit of a stretch.
View Quote
Everyone I know thinks this. We were all so Pissed because they were going to screw this up trying to cram an end into one episode.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Everyone I know thinks this. We were all so Pissed because they were going to screw this up trying to cram an end into one episode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like season 8 will have 6 episodes.

IMDB link for you and your friends.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
nope.  season 07 is 7 episodes; season 08 will be 6 episodes (supposedly close to 90 min each)
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
nope.  season 07 is 7 episodes; season 08 will be 6 episodes (supposedly close to 90 min each)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I have never been happier to be completely wrong and look like an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
So there are 8 7 episodes left?    

Edit:  counting is hard.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Or it's possible you're nitpicking time periods and distances. How do you know it was only 24 Hours that elapsed? How do you know it was 1,500 miles?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much everything that anyone "nitpicks" about is possible.  It's possible Bean used some kind of power that allowed a raven to fly over 1,500 miles and Dany and her dragons to fly over 1,500 miles in under 24 hours.  It's possible Euron controls an army of souped up krakens that cause his ships to travel very, very fast.

Yup.  I'm the only one here who ever talks about characters seemingly using the fast travel option.

Winterfell to KL is over 1,500 miles.  Dragonstone is near KL.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://media1.giphy.com/media/IL1sMUfQVRNFC/200_s.gif
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:05:32 AM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://media1.giphy.com/media/IL1sMUfQVRNFC/200_s.gif
Fucking beat twice by hivemind
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
They might also be 2 hours long each.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They might also be 2 hours long each.
View Quote
What's the average run time of an episode in SE1?  An hour; more or less?

Six episodes at 2 hours a piece wouldn't be so bad.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I give this one a pass because flying.
View Quote
let's do a timeline from jon standing on a frozen lake, sending one guy back to the wall to report their dire predicament.

walking.

guy walks back to the wall, walks through the wall, and gets his message to any on dragonstone by hook or by crook.  dany gets the report, flies from dragonstone back north, locates jon in an area the size of spain despite inclement weather and near-zero visibility, and engages the enemy before 7 guys are overrun by one million zombies.

and atreyu magically escapes from the gmork...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#24]
haha the white walkers just toting four battleship chains around all day tho

that's real retarded sir
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Changed his whole philosophy about kneeling: pretty hard to believe.  Though that's starting to become par for the course.
Characters belief systems are static over the course of years, and never change. Character development is a myth.
The Free Folk suddenly becoming "kneelers" after thousands of years goes beyond "character development."

Besides, Tormund made the comment to Jon AFTER Stannis cut their army to pieces and burned Mance.

Tormund strikes me more of a Spartan with a "death before surrender" ideology when it comes to kneeling.  Especially when it's just a casual conversation.  Though maybe the thought of siring a litter of giants with Brienne changed his outlook.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Tormund strikes me more of a Spartan with a "death before surrender" ideology when it comes to kneeling.  Especially when it's just a casual conversation.  Though maybe the thought of siring a litter of giants with Brienne changed his outlook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Peace in our age! Just let me at big woman!

ETA

Fighting's better, fucking's best.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:16:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Will Jaime join team winning or is his fate bound to Cersei?

Will Cersei give a fuck about a wight?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty sure she'll be like.

Yeah I'll help, then everyone marches North and she's like.

Just kidding, I hope the White Walkers kill you all.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Compared to many of you, I'm just a casual fan. But the comments about how the enemy of the lord of light was "death" resonated a little harder with the idea that the Night King could be some how be the "good guy."

Anyone else pick up on that or was it just the booze?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't see a happily ever after waiting for Jaime at the end of this.  He'll probably kill Cersei before she goes Mad Queen on KL.

I hope Dumb and Dumber give him an honorable death, but after they had him rape his sister after his redemption arc started I'm not going to hold my breath.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:19:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Might only complaint with the Arya and Sansa plot is the missing Bean. The fuck is he doing besides watching reruns of his sister getting raped? He hasn't done shit. The autistic tree god has become more useless than Tyrion. I get the writers not wanting to use the shit actor to fuck up the scenes, but his absent character is notable to me.

At this point you just have to shut the brain off. While the group sat in the frozen wasteland, Gendry ran.... RAN BACk, sent a raven to Dany, and Dany flew to the North in what? A day? A week?  It took Ned like 3 episodes to go to KL.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:20:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Here's what I want to know. Who hooked the chains onto the dead dragon while he was underwater? Can the white walkers swim or not? 

Because if they can swim, then why were they afraid to go out onto the ice? 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
haha the white walkers just toting four battleship chains around all day tho

that's real retarded sir
View Quote
That's what my wife and I said -

7 seasons of shambling through the wasteland beyond the wall and suddenly huge motherf#ckin' chains.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Compared to many of you, I'm just a casual fan. But the comments about how the enemy of the lord of light was "death" resonated a little harder with the idea that the Night King could be some how be the "good guy."

View Quote
When you realize that the people making these decisions are in love with Dany all these interesting theories go out the window.  If the Night King is the good guy then that would make Dany the bad guy and there is no way that's happening on the show.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#35]
When Jon sends Gendry back to Eastwatch, why do they run in different directions?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:22:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Here's what I want to know. Who hooked the chains onto the dead dragon while he was underwater? Can the white walkers swim or not? 

View Quote
There's some really unlucky sunken zombies that will live out eternity walking circles on the lake bed.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Might only complaint with the Arya and Sansa plot is the missing Bean. The fuck is he doing besides watching reruns of his sister getting raped? He hasn't done shit. The autistic tree god has become more useless than Tyrion. I get the writers not wanting to use the shit actor to fuck up the scenes, but his absent character is notable to me.

At this point you just have to shut the brain off. While the group sat in the frozen wasteland, Gendry ran.... RAN BACk, sent a raven to Dany, and Dany flew to the North in what? A day? A week?  It took Ned like 3 episodes to go to KL.
View Quote
I was rewatching the first season recently. It took Robert and his retinue a month to travel from Kings Landing to Winterfell.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#38]
BTW, if the other died, killing all the wights around him, then how did that one wight survive?

Team Nights King for the motherfucking WIN!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
He did say he needed to get better at "downloading" (unclear on the nomenclature) so maybe he's at the weirwood working on that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
BTW, if the other died, killing all the wights around him, then how did that one wight survive?

Team Nights King for the motherfucking WIN!
View Quote
I think they said maybe it was because he turned the ones that "died" and not the one that "lived."
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:25:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Everyone probably already saw the episode days ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surprised this thread didn't move faster for tonights episode. Only two pages during the show usually its more than that.
Everyone probably already saw the episode days ago.
Only cunts didn't see it middle of last week. Fookin kneelers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:25:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Night King is future Bran Stark.

He is living two timelines.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:25:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well he's got the right kind of sword if he decides to fight.

He needs to have Qyburn make a pata sword hand or some other weapon that straps onto his stump rather than a gilded paper weight.

You would think he's never watched Willow or something.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:26:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was rewatching the first season recently. It took Robert and his retinue a month to travel from Kings Landing to Winterfell.
View Quote
It would take me almost a month to walk -1500~ miles according to google maps. I could fly there in <5 hours.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:26:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Penguin wights?  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It would take me almost a month to walk -1500~ miles according to google maps. I could fly there in <5 hours.
View Quote
In a jet sure.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't see a happily ever after waiting for Jaime at the end of this.  He'll probably kill Cersei before she goes Mad Queen on KL.

I hope Dumb and Dumber give him an honorable death, but after they had him rape his sister after his redemption arc started I'm not going to hold my breath.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh statute of limitations on that is over.  Cersei likes it rough, anyway
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:32:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and the little finger in the bum?   
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#49]
does the night king also weld underwater?

if he can also do that he's got this shit in the bag
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did nothing? He fuckin ice speared a dragon.  

Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top