BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 178
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
when GOT is done HBO needs to do an abercrombie series, something with logen ninefingers or perhaps the shattered sea series with breaker-of-swords.
View Quote
I read somewhere that The Witcher video game/books is getting a show.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
One of this season's directors claimed "the dragons this year are the size of 747s."

Link

http://www.aviationexplorer.com/Commercial_Airliners-Military_Aircraft_Pictures/First_Boeing_747.jpg
View Quote
What did they do hit their growth spurt flying over the ocean?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looking at the size of Drogon in the promo pics and comparing it to season 6, it isn't that much of a size increase. He was already a big bastard at the end of the season.

Between 5 and 6 was the huge difference.

Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
when GOT is done HBO needs to do an abercrombie series, something with logen ninefingers or perhaps the shattered sea series with breaker-of-swords.
Netflix.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I still hold out hope that we won't get the foregone conclusion.

I would rather see Jaime on the iron throne.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looking at the size of Drogon in the promo pics and comparing it to season 6, it isn't that much of a size increase. He was already a big bastard at the end of the season.

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Drogon-Dany.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Drogon-Dany.gif
There is a HUGE difference.

For comparison let's look at where Dany is riding on his back.  At the end of S6 she looked to be about 5 feet from his head. In the S7 pic she looks like she's 20+ feet from his head.

Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Like a pimp.

Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep.

I'd rather see Cersei or The Nights King on the Throne than Dragontits.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Team #TargStark checking in
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For comparison let's look at where Dany is riding on his back.  At the end of S6 she looked to be about 5 feet from his head. In the S7 pic she looks like she's 20+ feet from his head.

http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/image_embed/public/2015/06/15/daenerys-rides-drogon-official-hbo-810x456.jpg

http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/1-1.jpg
View Quote
That is from Season 5 (Dance with Dragons) as they flew off from the fighting pit.

The below is from the end of season 6.

Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Same here, but with Dumb and Dumber calling the shots there's a 99% chance with a 1% margin of error that she will end up the victor on the show

In the books (if they ever get released), maybe not.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Same here, but with Dumb and Dumber calling the shots there's a 99% chance with a 1% margin of error that she will end up the victor on the show

In the books (if they ever get released), maybe not.
View Quote
I wouldn't hold out hope for that, GRRM went all in for Hillary, so that may be his revenge.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That is from Season 5 (Dance with Dragons) as they flew off from the fighting pit.

http://winteriscoming.net/files/2017/05/Daenerys-Targaryen.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/image_embed/public/2015/06/15/daenerys-rides-drogon-official-hbo-810x456.jpg

http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/1-1.jpg

http://winteriscoming.net/files/2017/05/Daenerys-Targaryen.gif
You're right.  I googled "daenerys drogon season 6" and for some reason that pic came up.

So instead of more than tripling in size he only doubled in size.  Still pretty significant for roughly a month or two.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Team #TargStark checking in
View Quote
C'mon LoL smite the unbelievers.

For the Night is Dark and full of Terrors.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Sansa vs Dragontits for eventual queen of realm.

Cersei is not gonna go down gently
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Polish language tv series was pretty entertaining in my opinion, but it got poor reviews. I hope the new series is even better.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1070742/
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Jamie Disagrees with the 2nd statement
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:02:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sansa's redpilling (it took a bunch of them) seems to have corrected her Stark inherited stupidity, but now that shes back at Winterfell (which everything seems to made of Lead {because when you spend a bunch of time there you seem to lose ~20 IQ points}) it may rear its ugly head again.

Quoted:

Jamie Disagrees with the 2nd statement
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:23:44 AM EDT
[#19]
All the bullshit that's went on for six seasons means little. It's just filler shit for the real showdown. Cersei is an evil bitch that needs to die.

I see other way than for Snow to make a deal with the dragon broad, to fight the evil that's coming. They have already introduced incest into the show, so what's a little more going to hurt?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:29:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
All the bullshit that's went on for six seasons means little. It's just filler shit for the real showdown. Cersei is an evil bitch that needs to die.

I see other way than for Snow to make a deal with the dragon broad, to fight the evil that's coming. They have already introduced incest into the show, so what's a little more going to hurt?
View Quote
Is she really though?

From her POV everything she has done was to protect her family and lineage.

Littlefinger killed King Bob.
King Bob had little interest in Cersei (preferring Lyanna and numerous Pros)
Ned had to go because he knew the truth and wouldn't shut up (a direct threat to her family lineage).
High Sparrow had to go for obvious reasons.

Then there's the fact/argument that Cersei at this point is the rightful ruler of Westeros, being King Bob's widow, with the presumed death of Stannis (who even according to Ned was the rightful King) and with their (illegitimate) children dead, it doesn't matter if you believe the truth or not.

Incest was very common in both Westeros (I mean look at the Targs) and the middle ages (in terms of nobility at least).

ETA:

I mean even Joffrey (the spoiled little prick he was) wasn't really "evil" per se, I see him more as a spoiled kid handed near absolute power (and thats a bad situation, imagine a Kardashian that has unlimited say in the affairs of State) but he wasn't evil or insane (being able to be controlled by numerous others).

Ramsay Bolton, now thats some real evil, beyond your typical nobility's casual indifference.

ETA x2:

As far as the show goes, theres really only 2 "legitimate" choices for Ruler of Westeros. (assuming they don't start throwing stuff in from the books right here at the last second).

Its Cersei  and Jon Snow.

Snow actually has a better claim on the throne than dragontits, being the daughter of Rhaegar (next in line after the Mad King), but that's not common knowledge  in Universe, and easily dismissed as a Stark Conspiracy Theory.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
that's as likely as ned stark ending up on it
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is she really though?

Ned had to go because he knew the truth and wouldn't shut up (a direct threat to her family lineage).

Then there's the fact/argument that Cersei at this point is the rightful ruler of Westeros, being King Bob's widow, with the presumed death of Stannis (who even according to Ned was the rightful King) and with their (illegitimate) children dead, it doesn't matter if you believe the truth or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is she really though?

no. she was fucking jaime already. adultery = treason when you're the queen

she sent the fortified wine with bob's squire, who just happened to be a cousin of hers.

she then had her husband's bastards murdered. bitch is power hungry and evil.

Incest was very common in both Westeros (I mean look at the Targs) and the middle ages (in terms of nobility at least).

ETA:

I mean even Joffrey (the spoiled little prick he was) wasn't really "evil" per se, I see him more as a spoiled kid handed near absolute power (and thats a bad situation, imagine a Kardashian that has unlimited say in the affairs of State) but he wasn't evil or insane (being able to be controlled by numerous others).

Ramsay Bolton, now thats some real evil, beyond your typical nobility's casual indifference.

ETA x2:

As far as the show goes, theres really only 2 "legitimate" choices for Ruler of Westeros. (assuming they don't start throwing stuff in from the books right here at the last second).

Its Cersei  and Jon Snow.

Snow actually has a better claim on the throne than dragontits, being the daughter of Rhaegar (next in line after the Mad King), but that's not common knowledge  in Universe, and easily dismissed as a Stark Conspiracy Theory.
joffrey and ramsay were both evil cocksuckers, ramsay was able to practice the depravity on humans that joffrey did with kittens

cersei has no claim due to treason
daenerys may have right of conquest if she can pull it off
if you consider baratheon the usurper, snow is rhaegar's heir

it's revisionist bullshit to paint cersei in any kind of deserving light. she dreams of being tywin with tits but fucks it up at every opportunity. she was was the one who re-armed the faith in the first place
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

she sent the fortified wine with bob's squire, who just happened to be a cousin of hers.

View Quote
To be fair: that was Joffrey's order.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I doubt we'll ever see it, but with his current accelerated growth rate it wouldn't be long before Drogon would be approaching Balerion's size.

Of course by the time the War of Conquest occurred Balerion was already over 100.

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#25]
And speaking of dragons: originally GRRM wasn't going to include them in the story.

As bad as it is now, imagine how much more boring Daenerys' storyline would be without Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion occasionally wrecking shop.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
wasn't that for the show? memory blurs a bit, but i was thinking it was all her in the books...part of the testament to her vain and vindictive nature
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Right, but from her POV thats a result of Bob's hangup about Lyanna, and his own infidelity (which I know isn't the same thing as her doing it but still, thats a mental justification)

Correct, but I thought Littlefinger intimated that he had something to do with that as well after killing Arryn

See my original point, that was to protect "her" line's claim on the throne, I don't think bastards can inherit in Westeros, goes back to from her POV she was defending her and her families interests.

joffrey and ramsay were both evil cocksuckers, ramsay was able to practice the depravity on humans that joffrey did with kittens

Oh he was a prick definitely, but in comparison to Ramsey... not so much evil, I mean he did kill that whore (Ros?) but lets be honest thats completely justifiable from a nobles POV in universe, commoners aren't people, and whores are a step even lower.

cersei has no claim due to treason

At this point, EVERYONE is a traitor.

daenerys may have right of conquest if she can pull it off

Of course, and its looking like she will, I mean being in possession of 3 nuclear weapons can do that.

if you consider baratheon the usurper, snow is rhaegar's heir

Correct, but he still runs up on the bastard problem, and depends on knowledge that isn't widespread (does Snow even know? I think its only Brandon (who is a Stark and a Traitor by most accounts outside the North) and Howland Reed (who may or may not even be alive) so unless there is a MacGuffin "Letter" from Ned, or Rhaegar, which its veracity could easily be questioned, or a letter from Robb (the Great Northern Conspiracy) Snow is just Snow.

it's revisionist bullshit to paint cersei in any kind of deserving light. she dreams of being tywin with tits but fucks it up at every opportunity. she was was the one who re-armed the faith in the first place

Don't get me wrong, she is incompetent compared to Tywin, but everyone but Varys and Littlefinger seems to (even Tyrion)
View Quote
Bolded responses.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Bolded responses.
View Quote
the joys of the patriarchy in westerosi society...her pov don't mean shit. had she been caught before robert died, he could have mounted both their heads on spikes and declared tywin outlaw if he raised a stink except for the sticky situation of the crown being in debt to its eyeballs to tywin.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm pretty sure Sam at The Citadel is going to have a big role in proving Jon's lineage
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm so ready for this season to begin.

Day 87
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
wasn't that for the show? memory blurs a bit, but i was thinking it was all her in the books...part of the testament to her vain and vindictive nature
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bland85 was talking about things the books haven't even gotten to yet so I thought we were talking about the show.  I can't remember if Joffrey gave the order in the books too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
the joys of the patriarchy in westerosi society...her pov don't mean shit. had she been caught before robert died, he could have mounted both their heads on spikes and declared tywin outlaw if he raised a stink except for the sticky situation of the crown being in debt to its eyeballs to tywin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bolded responses.
I've wondered about that.  If anything I would think being "half a bloody kingdom in debt" to Tywin would be incentive to go to war with him.  Not a deterrent.  I mean if Tywin and all the Lannisters get wiped out who is there to collect the debt the crown owes them?  And even if there were a few lesser Lannisters left, who would be stupid enough to press the issue?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've wondered about that.  If anything I would think being "half a bloody kingdom in debt" to Tywin would be incentive to go to war with him.  Not a deterrent.  I mean if Tywin and all the Lannisters get wiped out who is there to collect the debt the crown owes them?  And even if there were a few lesser Lannisters left, who would be stupid enough to press the issue?
View Quote
Thats my feeling as well, if Robert had an excuse (especially the excuse being incest and infidelity) to be rid of Tywin, The KingSlayer, and his Wife he'd had took it I think, military wise the Lannisters would have been way outnumbered and Tywin couldn't really count on anyone else in that situation, except maybe for the Iron Islanders for help.

The real question is who at this late stage has the military power to continue fighting.

Your Primary Forces, is the Invasion Force (Dragontits), and the Other Invasion Force (Nights-King, which is currently bottled up behind the Wall).

The Lannisters have to be running on fumes, with the losses they took fighting, Robb, Stannis, and various and sundry other small splinters of theirs.

The North is probably even in worse shape than the Lannisters, seeing as how they did all the same fighting, then got slaughtered some more at the Twins in the Red Wedding's aftermath, then they got the either bend a knee to the Boltons, fight Stannis, and Snow... or keep fighting for the Starks and fight the Boltons and thier erstwhile countrymen.

The Stormlands are done after the disaster at Kings Landing, sallying forth to take out Mance, then getting ambushed by Bolton, then limping back to the Nights Watch and fighting another battle against the Boltons.

Snow's forces are hurting too, since he was in the process of getting Cannae'd by Bolton before the Veil and Littlefinger showed up, not that he had much to begin with.

So who has a credible military left?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So who has a credible military left?
View Quote
As far as Westeros goes: the Vale and Dorne definitely.

While the rest of the country has been slugging it out those two have been doing nothing.  The only exception was when the knights of the Vale took out the Bolton forces, but I can't imagine they lost more than a 100 men during that engagement.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure Sam at The Citadel is going to have a big role in proving Jon's lineage
View Quote
it's the only legitimate proof i can imagine at this point. bran can't really be called to testify, after all
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
but if you make a habit of killing people who lend you money, people are going to stop lending you money, and if the crown can't pay its debts, things are going to be unstable, etc. doesn't seem like a prudent move
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:41:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

While the rest of the country has been slugging it out those two have been doing nothing.  The only exception was when the knights of the Vale took out the Bolton forces, but I can't imagine they lost more than a 100 men during that engagement.
View Quote
crannogmen should be intact
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
but if you make a habit of killing people who lend you money, people are going to stop lending you money, and if the crown can't pay its debts, things are going to be unstable, etc. doesn't seem like a prudent move
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the king was taking people out just because he owed them money, sure.  However, I think most of the country would agree the king finding out his wife has been fucking her own brother for two decades and the king's children are really bastards born of incest is a pretty legit reason.

If that happened (Robert executing Cersei and Jaime) it'd be interesting to see what Tywin would do.  Personally I think he'd most likely be smart enough to know he'd be crushed in a war with the crown, but with the way he rants about "legacy" maybe not.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Bland85 was talking about things the books haven't even gotten to yet so I thought we were talking about the show.  I can't remember if Joffrey gave the order in the books too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah I try to stay out of the Books unless I Spoiler tag it, though at this point, there's so much divergence it may not be worth it, plus I have a nasty habit of running the two together, which leads me to "Wait aren't they dead/not dead/resurrected?"

Quoted:

it's the only legitimate proof i can imagine at this point. bran can't really be called to testify, after all
And who would believe him if he did...
 Quoted:

While the rest of the country has been slugging it out those two have been doing nothing. The only exception was when the knights of the Vale took out the Bolton forces, but I can't imagine they lost more than a 100 men during that engagement. 
That was what I was thinking, I didnt mention the Tullys or the Riverlands, but as far as the show goes, wasn't it said/implied that after the Red Wedding it wound up pretty much ripped apart by intercine conflict, and with the Blackfishes apparent death I can't see anyone getting that band back together (if even he could have)

Quoted:

crannogmen should be intact
But, my memory fails, didn't they have not a sizable force to begin with? I'm thinking about people who still are in position to go blow for blow with your main (invading) factions, two of which are unblooded, and a third didn't lose much (Vale and Littlefinger).
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If the king was taking people out just because he owed them money, sure.  However, I think most of the country would agree the king finding out his wife has been fucking her own brother for two decades and the king's children are really bastards born of incest is a pretty legit reason.

If that happened (Robert executing Cersei and Jaime) it'd be interesting to see what Tywin would do.  Personally I think he'd most likely be smart enough to know he'd be crushed in a war with the crown, but with the way he rants about "legacy" maybe not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he'd be at the gates with an army ass soon as one of them was taken and would be bribing the city watch and any other forces he could buy. if he could get to king's landing before robert could get any allies there, he might try the coup d'etat. i can't see anyone, treason or no, being allowed to execute tywin's children while he still drew breath
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yeah I try to stay out of the Books unless I Spoiler tag it, though at this point, there's so much divergence it may not be worth it, plus I have a nasty habit of running the two together, which leads me to "Wait aren't they dead/not dead/resurrected?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

it's the only legitimate proof i can imagine at this point. bran can't really be called to testify, after all
exactly
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
he'd be at the gates with an army ass soon as one of them was taken and would be bribing the city watch and any other forces he could buy. if he could get to king's landing before robert could get any allies there, he might try the coup d'etat. i can't see anyone, treason or no, being allowed to execute tywin's children while he still drew breath
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless Tywin had thousands of Baelish's jetpacks, I seriously doubt it.  Most likely by the time Tywin could even mobilize his forces his children would have already been executed.

Of course these are all just hypotheticals about fictional characters in a fictional land so who the fuck knows, but I think it's only a question of what would Tywin do after Cersei and Jaime were executed.  Would he go to war knowing he'd be outnumbered more than 4 to 1?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yep.

View Quote
Man, what's wrong with you guys?

This show needs a good guy or gal to win in the end. Fuck Cersei and the Night's King!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This show needs a good guy or gal to win in the end. Fuck Cersei and the Night's King!
View Quote
#TargStark
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lannisters don't have many friends.  No way Tywin can take King's Landing in a siege before the relief army arrived.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:27:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Lannisters don't have many friends.  No way Tywin can take King's Landing in a siege before the relief army arrived.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thats my thought, unless he had an inside man let them inside somehow (maybe plot with Varys or Baelish)

Quoted:

You underestimate how badly I hate Dragontits and her "party", especially now that one of the three only insufferable people down there is dead.

Jon Snow is a Stark, and as such is simply too dumb to win (see: Robb, Ned, Cat, etc. Winterfell is a Lead contaminated).

#StannisDidNothingWrong

(never mind that was the single biggest divergence between the books and the TV show).
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Did we already do the Night's King on a dragon?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:56:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Is this Game of Thrones TV show new?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:58:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not sure if serious or not...
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:00:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haha, my sentiments exactly.
Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top