Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 178
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]
What episode will Jon Snow bang Dragontits?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
and is sansa going to get jealous 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, this is GoT, Jon could bang Sansa now............ Even if they don't know it, they are first cousins.  Not that it matters in the realm.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sophie wants Sansa to have a sex scene with Arya.

Of course this is the same girl that said she enjoyed filming the Ramsay rape scene.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sophie wants Sansa to have a sex scene with Arya.

Of course this is the same girl that said she enjoyed filming the Ramsay rape scene.
View Quote
And Supposedly got her Sex Education from game of thrones supposedly she did not know what blow jobs were per one interview.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Presumably the final episode.

What he doesn't know is that he's banging his biological aunt.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
So there is some debate going right now WRT Arya and the Lannister soldiers.

People are saying in the next episode it opens to all of them being dead!
Kind of goes against what I feel like they were going for last episode- showing her humanity.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Kind of goes against what I feel like they were going for last episode- showing her humanity.
View Quote
my opinion is her wolf is going to kill the lannisters, not her.  cause i agree, she saw their humanity.  The wolf on the other hand is a killing machine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
my opinion is her wolf is going to kill the lannisters, not her.  cause i agree, she saw their humanity.  The wolf on the other hand is a killing machine.
View Quote
Plus, if they show Arya having killed those guys, many, many people are going to start to hate her character.

She would have literally become the very thing she claims to despise the most. (I guess it could work, though, if they are shooting for a Nietzsche angle on this)
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
It would.  Also Arya sparing the women at the Twins.  Showing she's not just some blood thirsty murderer.

But then, of course, were talking about what may or may not happen based on the writings of two men who had Jaime rape his sister after his redemption arc started so who knows?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Plus, if they show Arya having killed those guys, many, many people are going to start to hate her character.

She would have literally become the very thing she claims to despise the most. (I guess it could work, though, if they are shooting for a Nietzsche angle on this)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we consider the facts it would make sense.

-Dumb and Dumber are obsessed with Daenerys.

-Dumb and Dumber want the audience to like Daenerys, but it seems not many people do.

-Arya is a fan favorite.

-Dumb and Dumber have no problem engaging in blatant character assassination.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If we consider the facts it would make sense.

-Dumb and Dumber are obsessed with Daenerys.

-Dumb and Dumber want the audience to like Daenerys, but it seems not many people do.

-Arya is a fan favorite.

-Dumb and Dumber have no problem engaging in blatant character assassination.
View Quote
Who are Dumb and Dumber? 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Now that I think about, I kind of hope Lyanna Mormont stops being such a huge fan favorite.  Dumb and Dumber might get so mad about her being infinitely better liked than their golden girl they could end up writing her as being a closet cannibal or betrays Jon or something else equally ridiculous.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Who are Dumb and Dumber? 
View Quote
David Benioff and Dan Weiss.  The show runners and lead writers for GoT.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#15]
She gets gang raped by the Lannister soldiers, then her wolf kills them all and Arya and the wolf go on a hate fueled killing spree across the realm that makes wiping out the Frey's a rounding error.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Now that I think about, I kind of hope Lyanna Mormont stops being such a huge fan favorite.  Dumb and Dumber might get so mad about her being infinitely better liked than their golden girl they could end up writing her as being a closet cannibal or betrays Jon or something else equally ridiculous.
View Quote
Why watch the show at all if Dragontits bothers you so much? I mean, the show Seinfeld had a great group of characters, but I hate Jerry Seinfeld with a fiery passion so I never watched it. Just wasn't worth it with that fucking unfunny, horse-faced douchebag on there. No regrets whatsoever.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
She gets gang raped by the Lannister soldiers, then her wolf kills them all and Arya and the wolf go on a hate fueled killing spree across the realm that makes wiping out the Frey's a rounding error.
View Quote
Haha, Ed Sheeran signing on for a gang rape scene would certainly come as a surprise.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why watch the show at all if Dragontits bothers you so much? I mean, the show Seinfeld had a great group of characters, but I hate Jerry Seinfeld with a fiery passion so I never watched it. Just wasn't worth it with that fucking unfunny, horse-faced douchebag on there. No regrets whatsoever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems I might have touched a nerve.

This might come as a surprise to you, but a good many people that watch the show and it seems the majority of book readers don't like Daenerys. So much so that some think it could have made for a more entertaining story if Daenerys had died and Viserys had lived.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Where do you get this?  I think Dany is well liked generally.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Haven't seen her wolf in years, Jon still has his, the other 3 are dead.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
The casuals like Dany.  Girl power bla bla bla

Most book readers, like myself, can't stand her.  The argument is that she is 16 years old in the books, learning the ways of the world, and that is why she is so annoying.   Plus her story has basically been at a stand still for the past 3 books while her dragons grow.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people on Team-Dany Drogon do.

Reading the ASOIAF messages boards and especially IMDB (back when it was active) it's pretty obvious Dany isn't a fan favorite.  Come to think of it, of the 100+ people I know and/or have talked to about GoT the only person that actually liked her was a casual fan that thought her name was Khaleesi and I'm pretty sure just liked her because he thought she was hot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Seems I might have touched a nerve.

This might come as a surprise to you, but a good many people that watch the show and it seems the majority of book readers don't like Daenerys. So much so that some think it could have made for a more entertaining story if Daenerys had died and Viserys had lived.
View Quote
Yeah, but fuck them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could have fooled me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nymeria is still very much alive in the books.  IIRC, a dire wolf around the Twins was alluded to in show last season.

Arya will find Nymeria, head to Winterfell, and become a Stark again.  Confirmed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Most people on Team-Dany Drogon do.

Reading the ASOIAF messages boards and especially IMDB (back when it was active) it's pretty obvious Dany isn't a fan favorite.  Come to think of it, of the 100+ people I know and/or have talked to about GoT the only person that actually liked her was a casual fan that thought her name was Khaleesi and I'm pretty sure just liked her because he thought she was hot.
View Quote
HBO caters to liberals, and at least half the show audience are almost certainly raving leftists.  I can't imagine they have anything but love for the woman queen who is going to show all those men how it's done.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
HBO caters to liberals, and at least half the show audience are almost certainly raving leftists.  I can't imagine they have anything but love for the woman queen who is going to show all those men how it's done.
View Quote
It's not her fault she's the mother of dragons and can't be burned!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

ETA:

WE WUZ KARSTARKS?
View Quote

at least y'all weren't bathing attendants for house swyft
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
it became the alpha bitch of a pack in the riverlands and has been eating lannister soldiers
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Could have fooled me.
View Quote
Does Jon still have Ghost?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could have fooled me.
He does.  It was a reference to Ghost being MIA ever since Jon was resurrected.

It would be one thing if money was tight and they just didn't have the budget for it, but they clearly do.  Dumb and Dumber would just rather spend the CGI budget on frivolous "look at Dany she's a badass with a dragon" scenes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
i'm book-team-dany, but TV dany has grown tiresome over the last couple of seasons.  if you'll pardon the pun, it was a matter of overexposure for an actress who doesn't have the chops to play a queen convincingly.  she just doesn't have the charisma to carry the series, and a lot of people are burned out on her.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Could have fooled me.
View Quote
It was there at his resurrection and has not been on screen since.  Definitely not killed on screen.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Haha, Ed Sheeran signing on for a gang rape scene would certainly come as a surprise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.
Arya then heads back to Winterfell smacks Sansa up side the head for being a twit, hugs Jon and thanks him for giving her needle.   After all that she kills LF after hearing he wants Sansa.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
i'm book-team-dany, but TV dany has grown tiresome over the last couple of seasons.  if you'll pardon the pun, it was a matter of overexposure for an actress who doesn't have the chops to play a queen convincingly.  she just doesn't have the charisma to carry the series, and a lot of people are burned out on her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think Clarke's acting ability (or lack thereof) is a certainly part of it.  Not being a great actress would be one thing, but she is just flat out bad.  I mean there are pre-teens on the show with no prior acting experience that could act circles around her.

Her acting is so bad that apparently the studio doesn't even want her back for the next Terminator movie.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It was there at his resurrection and has not been on screen since.  Definitely not killed on screen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could have fooled me.
I'm aware.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It would be one thing if money was tight and they just didn't have the budget for it, but they clearly do.  Dumb and Dumber would just rather spend the CGI budget on frivolous "look at Dany she's a badass with a dragon" scenes.
View Quote
When they do show them, they're way undersized if you consider the establishing shot from the show.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When they do show them, they're way undersized if you consider the establishing shot from the show.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/34/09/86/3409866610dc9286a33e2ca9a5a5b5fb--game-oh-thrones-game-of-thrones-wiki.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/34/09/86/3409866610dc9286a33e2ca9a5a5b5fb--game-oh-thrones-game-of-thrones-wiki.jpg
There's not really much else they can do though.  They use real wolves and then size them up as much as they can without it looking too off.

The only other option would be to go full blown CGI and have them look ridiculously fake.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
She's not the greatest actress in the world, but I blame most of the last two seasons on the writing.  Especially killing Barristan.  Barristan and Dany were great together given his history.  Those were her best scenes.  After he was stupidly killed off, we had what?  The Grey Worm/Melissandre romance?  Blech.  Daario?  Blech blech.  Not even Tyrion and Varys could do much to help the writing.  One of the only decent Essos scenes since killing Barristan was this.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
She's not the greatest actress in the world, but I blame most of the last two seasons on the writing.  Especially killing Barristan.  Barristan and Dany were great together given his history.  Those were her best scenes.  After he was stupidly killed off, we had what?  The Grey Worm/Melissandre romance?  Blech.  Daario?  Blech blech.  Not even Tyrion and Varys could do much to help the writing.  One of the only decent Essos scenes since killing Barristan was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f3JlG0yD84
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And OJ Simpson is not the greatest husband in the world.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
sure the writing is mediocre, but all the other actors have to deal with it, and most of them acquit themselves nicely.  emilia is the prom queen who lacks the talent to back up her bone structure.  she was ok early on, when the story required her to be meek and small--she's actually decent at meek and small.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

sure the writing is mediocre, but all the other actors have to deal with it, and most of them acquit themselves nicely.  emilia is the prom queen who lacks the talent to back up her bone structure.  she was ok early on, when the story required her to be meek and small--she's actually decent at meek and small.
View Quote
She's decent at regal as well.  In fact, that's her one emotion since about season 3.  Thankfully for Dany the way she is written that kinda works.  Now Lena, on the other hand, does a great job of humanizing a pretty shitty character.  You can definitely feel that Cersei is a woman as well as a queen.  Great job humanizing the character.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Can we at least all agree that Kinvara needs more scenes?  I loved her, loved her.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
She's decent at regal as well.    
View Quote
we clearly have different standards of 'decent'.  i will grant that she manages to look convincingly haughty as long as she maintains good posture and silence.  unfortunately, the moment she emotes, the illusion is destroyed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

we clearly have different standards of 'decent'.  i will grant that she manages to look convincingly haughty as long as she maintains good posture and silence.  unfortunately, the moment she emotes, the illusion is destroyed.
View Quote
The words that come out are D&D's fault.  I think she is great, for instance, in this scene.  But those words came from GRRM.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
She's decent at regal as well.  In fact, that's her one emotion since about season 3.  Thankfully for Dany the way she is written that kinda works.  Now Lena, on the other hand, does a great job of humanizing a pretty shitty character.  You can definitely feel that Cersei is a woman as well as a queen.  Great job humanizing the character.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to have to disagree with you there.  She tried doing "regal" during her first one-on-one with Dinklage.  As I've stated before it was like watching the New England Patriots try to scrimmage against a Pee Wee team.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's decent at regal as well.    
Haha pretty much.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Tyrion hasn't really had anything to work with since Blackwater. The Ser Friendzone pilgrimage is about it. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The words that come out are D&D's fault.  I think she is great, for instance, in this scene.  But those words came from GRRM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nTj-um1c_o
View Quote
you demonstrate my point admirably.  in the entire 4min handover scene, she speaks 2 lines in english.  the rest is in a language that we don't speak, which is the best way to hide mediocre acting since we can't pick up on the differences between verbal and nonverbal communication.  it's a running joke in hollywood that if someone can't act, send them overseas because then no one will know the difference.  

other than that, her performance is all good posture and silence, successfully making her look haughty.  that's her niche.  unfortunately, the story calls for a lot more than that, and she just isn't strong enough to pull it off.
Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top