BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 199
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep. It would be hilarious to go back and read through all those old threads, if it wasn't so terrifying
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I noticed we have suddenly progressed past the whole, it can't possibly happen, narrative. Now we are in the, well there's not much that can be done about it, narrative.
Yep. It would be hilarious to go back and read through all those old threads, if it wasn't so terrifying
I suspect that if you went back and took an honest look at what was discussed, and when, you would find that as the accusations changed so to did the conversations, leading to the false impression of "evolving" positions.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

A lot of them were making a shit-ton of money and living it up in northern VA the last decade.

The gravy train makes for a lot of rationalization.   There are people no longer in my circle of friends over that.
View Quote
and posting in these threads it might appear
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not really, but nuance was never your strong suit.
View Quote
Many of us have been under the belief that various intelligence agencies are operating wothout any effective oversight and are operating outside the bounds of the law with no punishment for quite a while now.

That's not nuance. We were laughed at and mocked for it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A helicopter ride will help clear their minds.
I'm not fucking joking.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm not fucking joking.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Many of us have been under the belief that various intelligence agencies are operating wothout any effective oversight and are operating outside the bounds of the law with no punishment for quite a while now.
View Quote
The task of those agencies is to keep the government secure.
It isn't possible to keep the government secure without keeping track of those who are governed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I suspect that if you went back and took an honest look at what was discussed, and when, you would find that as the accusations changed so to did the conversations, leading to the false impression of "evolving" positions.
View Quote
I pretty much assumed the intelligence apparati in the United States government could do whatever they want when they wanted. I also assumed they could do a lot of stuff I hadn't even thought about yet or could even imagine
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It was leaked at high levels. The widespread distribution was done in order to cover the trail of the leak. IMO. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Incidental collection was likely a non-issue given the circumstances known at the time. Release of the details (if it came through our people) is a big deal.
What came first was the unmasking of Flynn in widely disseminated internal documents which one can only conclude was done with the hope that it would be leaked. The person that did that is your first culprit.
It was leaked at high levels. The widespread distribution was done in order to cover the trail of the leak. IMO. 
Seems plausible.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It isn't possible to keep the government secure without keeping track of those who are governed.
View Quote
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we choose to deceive....................
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I noticed we have suddenly progressed past the whole, it can't possibly happen, narrative. Now we are in the, well there's not much that can be done about it, narrative.
I recall posting a hypothetical that was strangely close to what we are looking at now. There were posts saying it's not really possible. No one person has the ability to extract that specific information at someone's direction.

I still believe the majority those in the IC are honorable. It's just a fact that there will always be bad actors in any organization. It's human nature.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I recall posting a hypothetical that was strangely close to what we are looking at now. There were posts saying it's not really possible. No one person has the ability to extract that specific information at someone's direction.
View Quote
We heard that for months and were routinely TRASHED for being novices and idiots for even suggesting such a thing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
The common assertions were that there was "no oversight" and "no consequences". When it was pointed out that there was indeed mandated oversight and violators were detected, caught, and punished the discussion turned to matters of degree.

Most folks get all frothy trying to label me as a NOVA bootlicking shitheel apologist and ignore the fact that I have agreed over the years that these agencies could do with a bit more of both.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We heard that for months and were routinely TRASHED for being novices and idiots for even suggesting such a thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then again thinking about it now my hypothetical may have been before Obama's change in dissemination rules.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The common assertions were that there was "no oversight" and "no consequences". When it was pointed out that there was indeed mandated oversight and violators were detected, caught, and punished the discussion turned to matters of degree.

Most folks get all frothy trying to label me as a NOVA bootlicking shitheel apologist and ignore the fact that I have agreed over the years that these agencies could do with a bit more of both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you have repeatedly said that. I don't deny that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes you have repeatedly said that. I don't deny that.
View Quote
Casual observation. Non-accusatory.

To your other point, Obama's last minute change to the data sharing rules was a head scratcher. I doubt it works quite like some folks here believe but I'm not up to speed on the details. The key agencies we are talking about all had (and were required to have) their own minimization procedures which were in place under previous methods of requesting access to FISA collections. I don't see any reason why that would change under new guidance.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Then again thinking about it now my hypothetical may have been before Obama's change in dissemination rules.
View Quote
But it turns out that apparently the ability is there for someone to do it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Um, she won the popular vote by 2 million. It was surprise to just about everyone when the electoral college went the other way.
View Quote
the popular vote means nothing, rightly so. the 2 million is tied up in three states. Trump won the majority of states, which is how the election is supposed to work.

The electoral college performed exactly as designed.

The Constitution wins again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm curious as to what investigation was being done if it wasn't related to Russia and how it appears that the Obama admin ordered it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

the popular vote means nothing, rightly so. the 2 million is tied up in three states. Trump won the majority of states, which is how the election is supposed to work.

The electoral college performed exactly as designed.

The Constitution wins again.
View Quote
No, California had 4.3 million more votes for Hillary.  Just one state really.

California SOS numbers.

Hugh wants California to run the country.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ohhh intellectuals.
Those same intellectuals will call people racist for citing statistics, and equate patriotism with nationalism (code for 1930s germany.)
As long as you use $10 words for worthless hyperbole, it's okay cause muh progress
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why should I trust them? They haven't been honest at all.

If one of your Marines said all the shit Clapper and the "muh safeguards" brigade on here spouted, would you trust him at all?
Be cool, or he'll call you angry and irrational instead of admitting he's wrong again. Because intellectuals.
Ohhh intellectuals.
Those same intellectuals will call people racist for citing statistics, and equate patriotism with nationalism (code for 1930s germany.)
As long as you use $10 words for worthless hyperbole, it's okay cause muh progress
They're not very good at predicting Presidential elections, either.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm curious as to what investigation was being done if it wasn't related to Russia and how it appears that the Obama admin ordered it.
View Quote
Also a very good question.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Um, she won the popular vote by 2 million. It was surprise to just about everyone when the electoral college went the other way.
View Quote
Strange, he was well ahead in the popular vote when we knew the EC vote. It took California 2 weeks to translate their results from Spanish to English and dig up all the ballots from the closets etc before Hillary got more irrelevant votes than our President Trump.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Against the Russians.

If I called the Russian Embassy, or if I received a call from the Russian Embassy, I would expect those calls to be "under surveillance."

If I walked past the Russian Embassy, I would expect that I would be "under surveillance."

Does that mean that I am under surveillance, or being investigated?    No.
View Quote
unless your identity is unmasked. At that point your are under surveillance, illegally. The law is pretty clear on this point. As long as your information is redacted, you are good. The minute it isn't, you are now a target.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Strange, he was well ahead in the popular vote when we knew the EC vote. It took California 2 weeks to translate their results from Spanish to English and dig up all the ballots from the closets etc before Hillary got more irrelevant votes than our President Trump.
View Quote
Lol, the check boxes are different in English vs Spanish, or Donald and Hillary are spelled differently? What were they translating?!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

unless your identity is unmasked. At that point your are under surveillance, illegally. The law is pretty clear on this point. As long as your information is redacted, you are good. The minute it isn't, you are now a target.
View Quote
And we do not know who has been unmasked. It has not been released yet. There has been speculation that it has been Flynn and perhaps a few others.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Lol, the check boxes are different in English vs Spanish, or Donald and Hillary are spelled differently? What were they translating?!
View Quote
There are directions on these forms.

And regardless of your personal feelings, there is no official language in the United States.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And we do not know who has been unmasked. It has not been released yet. There has been speculation that it has been Flynn and perhaps a few others.
View Quote
If Unmasked = American and > 1 Then Who = Irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true. I was under the naive impression that there would be God-fearing Patriots there to do what was best. Not a bunch of assholes looking to cuck their way to a pension
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
47 harddrives with 600 millionpages of info going back on judges and other high level people. This may be why Roberts screwed us on ObamaCare.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/fbi-director-james-comey-lied-to-congress-about-trump-surveillance/

https://i.redd.it/vsmhpln3e2ny.png
View Quote
Interesting.
Unlike all the other players in this drama, Klayman has a source and is naming names and events.
Also chipping away at the notion of "but...safeguards" with Montgomery following the process for his whistleblowing and the lack of activity since.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I still believe the majority those in the IC are honorable. It's just a fact that there will always be bad actors in any organization. It's human nature.
View Quote
Sorry, just like the FBI I'm assuming they're all corrupt until they can prove to me otherwise
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

To your other point, Obama's last minute change to the data sharing rules was a head scratcher.
View Quote

The reason is as plain as the nose on the rest of our faces.
Disseminating the information to many agencies increases the number of potential suspects. That makes finding the person who released the information much more difficult.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And regardless of your personal feelings, there is no official language in the United States.
View Quote
Lol, they translated the directions from Spanish back to English, is that what you're saying? That's why it "took so long"?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just the same explanations now, as it was then. The only difference is there are only two posters giving the explanations this time. Two aren't here(for whatever reason) and as this isn't technical in nature or dealing with meta-data, like Snowden was, many of the IT folks aren't here either
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not entirely true. If Who = some random joe with no political ties. No one would give a shit. The crux of the issue is whether Who = persons with political ties, involved or looking to be involved in high offices of the government or not. And it looks like that is the issue here, a big one. Regardless of wherever that person/s fall on the political spectrum. Granted, shit happens when humans are involved and procedures fail or are side stepped. There are methods of corrective action. I understand that.

But, you're asking us to believe that a government(not just an administration) that ran F&F, targeted citizens of a certain political bent with the IRS, all this done by humans in contravention to established rules, procedures, law; never once, has someone been directed or taken upon themselves to use capabilities in an improper manner, outside of publicly disclosed occurrences.

I'm certain I've over simplified your position(actually guarantee it), but the best I can tell is, "It's unlikely this has happened in the manner described, and if it did, it will be handled." Basically, the people over there fucked up, but these people over here didn't.

We're supposed to believe, despite the IC's history of infiltrators, leakers, defectors, influence in foreign politics, that no one in the IC, would ever involve themselves in US domestic politics?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
"compromised internal oversight" and "meaningless consequences"

that language suit you better?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not entirely true. If Who = some random joe with no political ties. No one would give a shit. The crux of the issue is whether Who = persons with political ties, involved or looking to be involved in high offices of the government or not. And it looks like that is the issue here, a big one. Regardless of wherever that person/s fall on the political spectrum. Granted, shit happens when humans are involved and procedures fail or are side stepped. There are methods of corrective action. I understand that.

But, you're asking us to believe that a government(not just an administration) that ran F&F, targeted citizens of a certain political bent with the IRS, all this done by humans in contravention to established rules, procedures, law; never once, has someone been directed or taken upon themselves to use capabilities in an improper manner, outside of publicly disclosed occurrences.

I'm certain I've over simplified your position(actually guarantee it), but the best I can tell is, "It's unlikely this has happened in the manner described, and if it did, it will be handled." Basically, the people over there fucked up, but these people over here didn't.

We're supposed to believe, despite the IC's history of infiltrators, leakers, defectors, influence in foreign politics, that no one in the IC, would ever involve themselves in US domestic politics?
View Quote
Read my post again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#37]
This is what is happening to the neverTrumpers 

Admit if you fools. Trump has owned your punk asses since he announced he was running. 

Crying in your pillow every night give us more power 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
When we did this a couple years ago it was pointed out that there were documented instances where privileged access was abused and those individuals were identified and faced various disciplinary actions. Since none of them involved ritual disembowelment nobody here wanted to hear about it, but to claim that they kept their jobs without repercussion is disingenuous.
Quoted:
Words mean things.
They sure do.

Your disingenuous parsing of them to imply that "You should be happy that they may or may not have been fired or something. Well, I think they got fired or something, but I can't really prove it, nor will I. Could said agencies have done more? yeah, but at least the perpetrators might have faced unknown repercussions" as proof of anything other than possible bullshit agency administrative action in order to downplay the severity of violating the public trust (among other acts), is why people label you as such.

Backpedaling and then marginalizing the other sides position as just a minor matter of degree (NBD homies, I said that the agencies could do a BIT more), when it is a matter necessitating both administrative AND criminal punishment, is why I will label you as such.

There should be a mile long public record of 18 U.S.C. 1030 federal prosecutions, at a minimum, concerning documented incidents. The lack thereof, in addition to the current show at the three ring sister-fuck-arena, tells me all I need to know about your community.
And that is why I will label those in your community as such.

Weber was 100% right on this point...
"Bureaucratic administration always seeks to evade the light of the public as best it can, because in so doing it shields its knowledge and conduct from criticism..."
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If one of your Marines said all the shit Clapper and the "muh safeguards" brigade on here spouted, would you trust him at all?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you believe the government collects and stores all of your phone calls and emails?  

The question I asked was:  Do you believe the government collects and stores all of your phone calls and emails?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Against the Russians.

If I called the Russian Embassy, or if I received a call from the Russian Embassy, I would expect those calls to be "under surveillance."

If I walked past the Russian Embassy, I would expect that I would be "under surveillance."

Does that mean that I am under surveillance, or being investigated?    No.
You become a "target" after the fact, because your info was not minimized?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Our defacto official language is English only the apologists for illegal aliens parrot that stupid cliche'. Our constitution and our money are written in English.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Our defacto official language is English only the apologists for illegal aliens parrot that stupid cliche'. Our constitution and our money are written in English.
View Quote
don't forget the entire federal code
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This is what is happening to the neverTrumpers 

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w574/cravertown/darth-vader-fantasy-flight-games-218646-790x350_zpsqb2iszgq.jpg

Admit if you fools. Trump has owned your punk asses since he announced he was running. 

Crying in your pillow every night give us more power 
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They sure do.

Your disingenuous parsing of them to imply that "You should be happy that they may or may not have been fired or something. Well, I think they got fired or something, but I can't really prove it, nor will I. Could said agencies have done more? yeah, but at least the perpetrators might have faced unknown repercussions" as proof of anything other than possible bullshit agency administrative action in order to downplay the severity of violating the public trust (among other acts), is why people label you as such.

Backpedaling and then marginalizing the other sides position as just a minor matter of degree (NBD homies, I said that the agencies could do a BIT more), when it is a matter necessitating both administrative AND criminal punishment, is why I will label you as such.

There should be a mile long public record of 18 U.S.C. 1030 federal prosecutions, at a minimum, concerning documented incidents. The lack thereof, in addition to the current show at the three ring sister-fuck-arena, tells me all I need to know about your community.
And that is why I will label those in your community as such.

Weber was 100% right on this point...
"Bureaucratic administration always seeks to evade the light of the public as best it can, because in so doing it shields its knowledge and conduct from criticism..."
View Quote
There are government documents in the public domain detailing the circumstances behind several violations and what actions were taken in response. I have posted them in the past. I am not going to invest the time to go looking for them again solely to satisfy you. If you are genuinely interested you will find them with ease, as did I when I initially found them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If Unmasked == American and > 1 Then Who = Irrelevant.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

don't forget the entire federal code
View Quote
but but muh diversity is strength and stuff
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Has anything begun to develop regarding possible ramifications of the guilty parties? Is the media accepting the new information from NUNES?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Unmasked == American and > 1 Then Who = Irrelevant.
FIFY
There's always one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#49]
How Things are Supposed to Work: The CIA listens to a phone call between Aimless and the Russian ambassador.  The CIA realizes that the conversation was about the deliciousness of Russian Mackerel.  The CIA knows this isn't intel and deletes all tapes and recordings relating to the conversation.  

How Things Actually Worked: The CIA listens to a conversation between Aimless and the Russian Ambassador.  They discuss their mutual hatred of furries.  The CIA includes the conversation in a report despite it having nothing to do with intel, and then forwards the report to the White House so that Obama can listen to all the juicy prejudice against furries under the guise of just reading an intelligence report.  Obama then leaks this info to David Brock at ShariaBlue who sends an army of furry trolls to Arfcom.  

The Difference?  Multiple felonies.   
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How Things are Supposed to Work: The CIA listens to a phone call between Aimless and the Russian ambassador.  The CIA realizes that the conversation was about the deliciousness of Russian Mackerel.  The CIA knows this isn't intel and deletes all tapes and recordings relating to the conversation.  

How Things Actually Worked: The CIA listens to a conversation between Aimless and the Russian Ambassador.  They discuss their mutual hatred of furries.  The CIA includes the conversation in a report despite it having nothing to do with intel, and then forwards the report to the White House so that Obama can listen to all the juicy prejudice against furries under the guise of just reading an intelligence report.  Obama then leaks this info to David Brock at ShariaBlue who sends an army of furry trolls to Arfcom.  

The Difference?  Multiple felonies.   
View Quote
isnt dressing up like a penguin the definitition of a furry?
Page / 199
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top