Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2017 4:25:45 PM EDT
I think senators and representatives should have to prove they're sober before they go mucking about with everyone else's lives.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
That should include testing for prescription drugs as well.

If you cannot operate heavy machinery.....you don't get to vote.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Consider what could be prevented

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Supreme court justices should to.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't get juiced up and come to work, they should not be allowed to either.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Racist.

This country was built by drunks!

A lot of things in history make way more sense when you understand that the people involved were more than likely hammered.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
They should be required to be drunk. There would be some epic brawls on the floor, and the banter would be hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Congress should not get to set their own salary. They should be locked in at O-3 pay scale.

They should not be able to lobby for anyone or anything at any time, before, during or after their service.

They should not be able to exempt themselves from laws/regulations.

They should work year-round, 40 hours a week minimum, with productivity standards and the same benefits as the military.

They should have no expectation of privacy, nor any number of other civil liberties. They give up their rights while they are in office, and if they wish to invoke those rights, they are immediately evicted from their position.

They should have a full understanding of the subject matter upon which they are legislating. Those who do not fully comprehend the subject matter should not be allowed to vote on said subject matter. IE, illiterate fucks who don't know a sling swivel from a grenade launcher mount have no business writing laws on firearms. Those of you who remember the picture to which I am referring fully understand my sentiment.

There's a literal fuckton of other regulations that should be enacted to prevent the kind of SNAFU we have going on in DC, 17th amendment and others, but we'll never see any of them in our lifetime.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't get juiced up and come to work, they should not be allowed to either.
View Quote
This.  The same rules that apply to everyone else damn well need to apply to government.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Tomorrow the Senators and Members of Congress will be sober... But Nancy will still be ugly!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Congress should not get to set their own salary. They should be locked in at O-3 pay scale.

They should not be able to lobby for anyone or anything at any time, before, during or after their service.

They should work year-round, 40 hours a week minimum, with productivity standards and the same benefits as the military.

They should have no expectation of privacy, nor any number of other civil liberties. They give up their rights while they are in office, and if they wish to invoke those rights, they are immediately evicted from their position.

They should have a full understanding of the subject matter upon which they are legislating. Those who do not fully comprehend the subject matter should not be allowed to vote on said subject matter. IE, illiterate fucks who don't know a sling swivel from a grenade launcher mount have no business writing laws on firearms. Those of you who remember the picture to which I am referring fully understand my sentiment.

There's a literal fuckton of other regulations that should be enacted to prevent the kind of SNAFU we have going on in DC, 17th amendment and others, but we'll never see any of them in our lifetime.
View Quote

Oh hell to the yeah!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
You know when legislation started going to shit?

When air conditioning was invented. It gets hot as Hell in DC during the summertime.

All the AC units in Washington should be removed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I get where you're coming from, but I would argue one of the biggest problems with congress is that they've been too productive. Too many stupid laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top