Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
An attack on Mainland China would be impossible without nukes. A conventional war would be Vietnam times 1000.(Or maybe a billion!). All we are seeing is the same old Dick waving thats been going on since the end of WWII. Remember the "Domino theory"? Did'nt happen did it? Remember sweet men like Sen. McCarthy? Oh, my God here comes the big Red Menace! [puke]

I'm with you C-rock.I'll bring over a twelve pack and we can watch it on CNN. I will not be one the Sheep being led to slaughter.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:01:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think China will ever invade.  For one thing, they are enjoying economic prosperity right now.  Out of all the asian countries after IMF, they  are doing quite well.  Now, here is a cotradiction in terms Communism and prosperity.  A communist who likes to make money?  Yes it is true.  Didn't see too much of that with the former soviet union.  They were just trying to control their folks.  The way I see it, communism will die out when profits and prosperity comes in.  The guys in power are all getting old, within the next ten years, most of them will die off and be replaced with a yonger generation that I think will be less hard line.  Bottom line, the threat they pose is that of an economic one.  Their doctrine is very defense oriented so invasion is not really something they are prepared for.  However, our doctrine is also supposed to be defense oriented, but we can quickly shift to offense, but do we want to go down that road and at what cost.  In the greater  scheme of things, we have to have an enemy.  Because of their communist past, they make a perfect enemy.  Although communism has has not spread to any new country in years, or not that I am aware of anyways.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:08:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You are right C-Rock, Beserker, and mtnpatriot.  When/IF an invading force comes to invade our country I'll lay down my 30yr old ass and let the COUNTRY go to hell.  
I NEVER said anything about our Guberment(I'll fight them too), but you FIRST have to preserve what you have in order to change it.  
So what you guys are saying is that you are going to be the first to catch that flight to Canada, or the other neutral countries, just so you don't have to worry about having to take ANY initiative to at least keep what you have...
Mabey C-Rock shouldn't have a real M-16.  He wouldn't know what to do with it...

BISHOP
View Quote

Did you even "read" my post Mr. Self-Righteous?  I said I'd be down to the MEP's station with in a couple of hours IF China attacked (maybe you just don't know what a MEP's station is.  So… you are too embarrassed to ask and just criticize instead.  I understand now)

I will NOT go to make a pre-emptive attack on China nor will I go to defend Taiwan.  We are not the police of the world and I am not our scumbag leaders' "go-to" guy!

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I truly wish that the draft would come back, I really do. Some people would discover that freedom isn't free. Never has been, never will be.

We won't go to war with the Chinese, just posturing on both sides. They see what they can get away with now that a new admin is in place. We rattle back to prove that we're not pushovers like the last admin was. It's just poitics as usual.

Serve your country you little dweebs, one hitch won't hurt you, hell they have 2 yr enlistments now. You MAY learn something, or is that what you're afraid of? "I don't want to serve, I may get a boo boo, my mommy won't be there to make it better!"

Get some pride, serve your country, it's not the politicos you're serving. It's the memory of those that came before you that you honor by your service.

So quit all this keyboard commando crap and quit wearing your cap sideways!

Tony, 3rd generation Airborne. My kid will make it the fourth gen if I have my way.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 4:43:02 AM EDT
[#5]
but you FIRST have to preserve what you have in order to change it.  
So what you guys are saying is that you are going to be the first to catch that flight to Canada, or the other neutral countries, just so you don't have to worry about having to take ANY initiative to at least keep what you have...
Mabey C-Rock shouldn't have a real M-16.  He wouldn't know what to do with it...

BISHOP
View Quote

I don't plan on going anywhere. I aint leaving!!  This is my home, and I will not be runned out because of what I believe in.  

Fighting and killing for a system that keeps on trying to make me a felon for owning a ar15 is not any type of initiative.
If you feel like laying your life down for the Difi's, Clinton, Schummers of the world, go right ahead. I am not stopping ya.

If you want to lay your life down for a system that taxes you more for getting up in the morning and going to work, feel free to go. Also the same system that is having trouble getting its hands out of your pocketbook.  

I really love my country, and I do not ever buy anything made in China.  The last time I bought something from China, it was a showercurtian from Walmart, cause that is all that were there!!
I do understand that we will go to war with them one day.  Every dollar I send over there will buy more bullets that could kill my fellow americans.
Thing is, I am in a position, as a young person,
one of those that would have to pick up a rifle,
to demand that I be able to own millitary firearms.  The whole gambit.  

Just as the baby boomers demanded the war to end, drugs, sex and rock and Roll, my generation also can make demands on society.  

Before even as a adult that could vote, I was banned from ever owning a m16 in Illinois. I was around 14 when Class III was banned. My home town, Chicago and the country I live in, COOK, banned me in 89 from owning ar15's and such.
I was still in H.S.  
I am unable to legally own a ar15 in the house I live in, and I am a adult male that is expected to pick one up and fight the chinese?  No way.
When I am not made into a felon for owning a rifle, then you can talk to me about fighting for a system that makes me a felon for owning a tool.  because I am the weapon.
c-rock
[url]www.illinois-shooter.org

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 5:13:56 AM EDT
[#6]
The reason I started the thread:  If I decided to re enlist, I would be going to S. Korea after a few schools in MOS/97E (linguist/interogation)... (I'm a white boy, but I have a basic command of the Korean language)  Maybe on to learn Mandarian Chinese, I have been told there are shortages in the 97E MOS.

I was really wondering what would happen here at home with our gun rights and laws, what would be changed (Law) to deal with an invading army...thats all.  I hope no one took it as troll crap, it might look that way to some...Satcong out.

Admiral Yamamoto:[b] "Every blade of grass is a gun".[/b]

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 5:48:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I truly wish that the draft would come back, I really do. Some people would discover that freedom isn't free. Never has been, never will be. ...

Serve your country you little dweebs, one hitch won't hurt you, ...

Tony, 3rd generation Airborne. My kid will make it the fourth gen if I have my way.
View Quote

How in the hell do you equate compulsory service with freedom you ignorant “little dweeb”?!?!?!   And who are YOU to tell ME what will or will not hurt me?!?!?  You sound like a friggen fascist!  

You are too caught up in your own family legacy to see who your son will be serving.  It won’t be the American people.  It will be a UN commander in some s#it-hole armpit of the world where we have no business being anyway!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get some pride, serve your country,...
View Quote

Oh and by the way, I do serve my country, in the North Carolina Unorganized MILITIA!![-!-]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:44:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Go home your mother is calling mtnpatriot!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the only kind of war you will ever see from China will be a economic
  one.  They really need the buying power of the Americans to
  grow their own economic base.  Ask yourself, what would they
  gain by taking over the United States, just more space to
  stretch out?  Capitalism is growing at a much greater rate
  them ever.  A few of us have stated about the poor quality of
  some of the goods that have come from China, that's because
  mfg is at a infant stage.  Remember the stuff that use to
  come from Japan, how would you rate their quailty now.  The
  Chinese turned to communism to get away from the old
  warlords, the new young generation are returning to a free
  market.  Their culture is very different from the Americans,
  and we should learn these differences to better understand
  and lessen our fears.  just my 0.02 Ron
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Go home your mother is calling mtnpatriot!
View Quote

Very intelligent and well put...you represent your generation [i]quite well[/i].
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Hummm now I see, c-rock and mtnpatriot, are both hoping this don't happen. I Don't blame them there. On the other hand have either served? I spent a few years in the Army, my father was Air farce (um, Force) My girls will stay home but the grandson will serve IF I have anything to say about it ( which, I very well, may not), I never did serve the goberment, I served my family, friends, and the people of this country. Ya know I don't feel that old, and my kids don't think I'm old, and son I have never been a sheeple, however I was an NCO for over 18 years. To the guy that started the thread, hey sgt go for it, sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#13]
GUys,
there is no reason to fight among ourselfs.  OR belittle each other.
c-rock
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#14]
"GUys,
there is no reason to fight among ourselfs. OR belittle each other.
c-rock"

I agree, but can you READ?  We seem to be saying the same things but you aren't reading what I'm saying.  Are you a Female? because you seem to be reacting on feelings not what I am actually typing.
I NEVER said that you should fight for the Government, but fight for OUR Country, our land, where we live.
And do any of you guys know what sarcasm is.  I think not.
Yes I know what MEPS is.  I went through it in 89.  Now I'm a Disabled Vet.  I've done my part for this country, you Children don't have a clue.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#15]
80906, you want your grandson to serve? I can understand where your head is at. My great granfather served in WWII as a P51 jockey and was KIA, my grandfather was Navy UDT and served in Korea and Vietnam, my father was Army Airborne and served in Vietnam. All are/were heros and have many medals to show for it. My dad and grandfather was one of the few father/son combinations that were both awarded bronze & silver stars in Nam, both were lifers. I come from a long line of warriors so when I turned 18 I joined the Marine Corps and was the best damn grunt in my company. I was very gung-ho my first six years and loved the Corps. Then I was reassigned and found myself fighting a drug war in central & south america. Seemed like a good cause at first but after a few scenarios like this "(ME)Hey LT, there's another coca field on the other side of that hill, why don't we burn that one up as well?" (LT)"Gunny, that field belongs to a friend of El Presidente and is not to be touched." I also lost heart after seeing a few friends get taken out by locals and their boobytraps for a bullshit cause (war on drugs). I also lost 5 years of being with my wife and children for this. A bullshit war on drugs that is now being fought using our military personnel (mostly in secrecy). For What???
What did I accomplish? What did the deaths of my fellow marines accomplish? Jack Shit thats what. You can still buy any drug you want on the street. As soon as I had the chance I told the USMC to shove my re-enlistment bonus up their ass and got out. I now work in the computer field and go home to see my family every night and could not be happier. Todays military is much different than the one you served. I am hoping that my 2 sons and 1 daughter do not follow in their family's military history and can only hope it ends with me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I agree, but can you READ?  We seem to be saying the same things but you aren't reading what I'm saying.  Are you a Female? because you seem to be reacting on feelings not what I am actually typing.
I NEVER said that you should fight for the Government, but fight for OUR Country, our land, where we live.
Yes I know what MEPS is.  I went through it in 89.  Now I'm a Disabled Vet.  I've done my part for this country, you Children don't have a clue.

BISHOP
View Quote

I was talking about the arguement starting with .50cal and mtnpatroit.  My feelings dont get hurt easily.  Living around the city gives you a thick skin. I really don't care what some poster on a board thinks about me.  You aint paying my bills.  
Fighting for your fellow american is one thing, but fighting for a system that keeps on trying to rob your rights/freedoms/income is not my idea of that.  
Also, you have stated you are a disabled vet.  Did the system take care of you?  Does the VA really help Vets out?  How about those VETs that got sick from Agent Orange? Or the Vets from the Gulf?  
How did america treat its VET's from NAM?  
Why was a Vet from WWII able to bring home war trophy's, but a VET from the Gulf could not?
c-rock
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"GUys,
there is no reason to fight among ourselfs. OR belittle each other.
c-rock"

BISHOP
View Quote

Please tell me how fighting a pre-emptive war against China for the scumbags in D.C. will give me a clue.  Also include how this would be fighting for “our country” as I have obviously gotten the wrong message out of The Federalists’/Anti-Federalists’ Papers along with other of the founding fathers’ documents.  

Boy I have wasted a lot of time reading old useless articles when all I had to do was read a few eloquent messages from old Bishop, 50cal, and the other old fart board members

Was that sarcastic enough for ya Bis or did you not pick up on that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SILVER SURFER:
death_by_ar15: take the guns away fron the chinese americans? do you know your history? the us govt. tried that with the japanese-americans in ww2, even imprisoned them, look where that got them. they now admit that was one of their worst mistakes.
View Quote

My post was not a serious one.

(I hope everyone picked up on the sarcasim)
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I would fight only to defend the continental U.S. getting shipped overseas to die in Taiwan for the financial intrests of some huge multi-national corporation that wouldn't give a damn about the Constitution or Bill of Rights isn't my idea of patriotism.

War should only be fought to protect the continental U.S. from invasion. After these aggressors are repelled, the war should not be stopped until the "enemies from within" are purged.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Thank You Imbrog|io
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I am a 22 year old college student, it would be my privilage to be given the opportunity to fight communists.  It would be my greatest honor to die for my country.  Some of you out there are making my generation look bad.  Understand that the people trying to take our guns away are the same people that would oppose a war with China.  They themselves are communists or liberals,(two different words for the same piece of shit)just look at Bill and Hillary Clinton, they are China's biggest fans.  When I say fight communists I mean at home and abroad.  I say lets realize who our real friends and real foes are. I say Lets stand up and be patriots.  The U.S. is supreme, other countries must learn we are not to be fucked with.  We have let China go to far, it is time to put them in their place.  And after we defeat the dirty red communists abroad, it will be time to defeat them at home, with armed force if necessary.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#22]
an idea and a comment:

A.) China has 10 operational ICBM's Derived from russian SS-11's (I think not sure on the designation) The are not MIRVed missiles in only semi hardened silo's. They have one non-nuclear missile submarine wich we have trailed by an LA class attack sub. If things start to get dicey, One B-2 loaded with JDAM's and One LA class sub could compose and enitre, non nuclear, pre-emptive strike that would kick china out of the nuclear club. At that point getting what we want would be a matter of, "do this or we will turn your pathetic comunist country into a glass floored self lighting parking lot"

B.) If they try to draft us Gen X and Gen Yer's I say we grab our ARs, AKs, FALs, or what have you, raid some guard armories and take washington. A little revolution now and then is a good and healthy thing

[rail]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am a 22 year old college student, it would be my privilage to be given the opportunity to fight communists.  It would be my greatest honor to die for my country.  Some of you out there are making my generation look bad.  Understand that the people trying to take our guns away are the same people that would oppose a war with China.  They themselves are communists or liberals,(two different words for the same piece of shit)just look at Bill and Hillary Clinton, they are China's biggest fans.  When I say fight communists I mean at home and abroad.  I say lets realize who our real friends and real foes are. I say Lets stand up and be patriots.  The U.S. is supreme, other countries must learn we are not to be fucked with.  We have let China go to far, it is time to put them in their place.  And after we defeat the dirty red communists abroad, it will be time to defeat them at home, with armed force if necessary.
View Quote

My friend, you are making yourself, along with OUR generation "look bad".  
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#24]
BTT,
I could even see Law & Order Republicans totally clamping down on any new gun & ammo sales if we went to war over Taiwan. During WWII, ammo sales were rationed.
That would really kill me, at my current rate of 1000 rounds a month. I would only have enough ammo for seven months and the last two months would be .22LR.
I could also see all AR prodution military only and if the mainland was invaded, all AR's in public hands could be seized and given to the
military.
Imagine ragtag National Guard units heading off to war with free floated AR uppers or carbon fibre AR pistols.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#25]
death: thanks
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
I would fight only to defend the continental U.S. getting shipped overseas to die in Taiwan for the financial intrests of some huge multi-national corporation that wouldn't give a damn about the Constitution or Bill of Rights isn't my idea of patriotism.

War should only be fought to protect the continental U.S. from invasion. After these aggressors are repelled, the war should not be stopped until the "enemies from within" are purged.
View Quote

perhapse we should listen to this guy more often.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top