[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why do you care?
View Quote

Find something else to be upset about
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to take a wild guess that you wouldn't be upset in the least if she had come back drunk and had her way with you.

Within marriage, fucking, and then talking, in that order, solves pretty much all relationship problems.  In those rare cases where it doesn't, repeat steps one and two as needed.

Trust me, I'm an expert.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The only thing that would concern me is the drinking and driving, assuming it happened that way.

The rest of it?  Hell, the only time my wife shocks me is when she's on time, and by "on time" I mean within 2 hours.  A few days ago she ran to the store for what should have been an hour and came back 4 hours later with her arms full of bags from half a dozen stores and food from two different places.

I'd get used to it if I were you OP, it's probably not going to change.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
You're right...she's wrong.
So what do you get out of it?

Hell, do the same thing with your friends next weekend.  Who gives a rat's ass? LOL
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife and I have an understanding, after putting up with several years of me taking off and playing/drinking with the boys on Uncle Sugar's dime, and my hunting forays, if she wanted some time with her friends, away from me and the kids, I didn't stop her.  If she was having fun and lost track of time, or simply wanted to hang with her friends longer, I did not say boo.  Life is a trade-off.  

Just let it go.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
So your wife had a fun somewhat spontaneous day? So what?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm going to have brunch with the girls.  So at 10am I take the boy and we head out to give the house to the girls.  I get back at 2pm and they are still drinking and getting sauced.
At 3pm the wife comes to me in the baby's room and says that she's going to go have a bite with one of her friends and will be just a minute...5:30pm she comes back home.
Since when is "brunch" a seven and a half hour event?  And why is it unreasonable for me to desire to know that "brunch" is going to run over?
View Quote
Brunch should have ended at 1330 hrs. with maybe a straggler or two at 1400 hrs.
Call the arfcom emergency number.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hell, do the same thing with your friends next weekend.  
View Quote

Bad advice. if seen as retaliation by the wife he loses even more status than he already has. He blew it already. Time for damage control if its not too late.

https://therationalmale.com/2012/08/27/girls-night-out/

its probably too late though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
how long till we find out the friend she had dinner with has a cock and was stuffing her poon ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes...and if I go longer than expected I text or call.
View Quote

if she is out with friends and the fun extends past your allotted time. so what
so long as she does not saddle you with the work every week like that, let her enjoy some freedom.
do the same with a 6 hour trip to the range or a event with your friends.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
how long till we find out the friend she had dinner with has a cock and was stuffing her poon ?
View Quote
OP, already suspected it. Her new man.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I like to do that.  But the difference is "Hey babe, I'm going to take an hour or two with the girls" is different than "I'm taking the whole day".  Simple communication would be nice...as it would allow me to plan.

It's a huge difference when you are packing to take an infant out.  A couple hours is a bottle and a diaper with some emergency kit.  A whole day is packing 3 bottles, food, diapers, a change of clothes etc...
View Quote

Why do you have to leave the house while her friends are there?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

At 3pm the wife comes to me in the baby's room and says that she's going to go have a bite with one of her friends and will be just a minute...5:30pm she comes back home.
View Quote

Did you really think she was going to be gone for a minute?

To eat and socialize?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why do you have to leave the house while her friends are there?
View Quote

A. Her friends don't like him and can't let their hair down (talk shit) around him.
B. She resents the OP and can't let her hair down (talk shit) around him.
C. She cannot enjoy herself if the baby is there because she will feel guilty when the baby cries.

Absent evidence otherwise i would assume C for now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#15]
This would have turned out one of 2 ways for me:

1) I would have had 4 hours of range time followed by 4hrs of reloading time
2) I would have had 4hrs of range time with friends then got drunk in the garage till about 1am.

She goes high, you go higher
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A. Her friends don't like him and can't let their hair down (talk shit) around him.
B. She resents the OP and can't let her hair down (talk shit) around him.
C. She cannot enjoy herself if the baby is there because she will feel guilty when the baby cries.

Absent evidence otherwise i would assume C for now.
View Quote

Yeah - he left for 4 hours, sounds pretty reasonable for a brunch with the girls to me. They stay for an hour more and she wants to go out with another friend? Again - no problem.

He only had the infant out for four hours - which op planned for. It's not like he couldn't come home.

and after she left to go eat/shopping/whatever - pretty standard practice for a mom who wants to get out of the house and hang out with friends.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
<----- married nearly 37 years

The best answer is to say "I'm glad you had fun" then put up a convincing smile.

After the kids are in bed offer to round out her day with a nice thorough back rub and toe curling sex. 

Would you rather be pissed off & fight about it or GET LAYED?
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Just to throw out how it would have worked in my household

- I take the kids out of the house so my better 3/4 can have fun with the girls and we do cool dad stuff
- come home and the wife says "hey, do you care if i go out with my friend for a bite to eat and a couple drinks?"
- no problem - I hang out with the kids at home and we do cool dad stuff

We don't play the you went out for 6.25 hours last weekend so I get to go out 6.25 hours this weekend game. We are a team and we act like it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Jesus Christ, I'd love the wife to leave me alone for a whole day. Your Living the dream!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife and her best friend Julie would go out in the evening once or twice a month.    Her husband and I would arrange the getting home safe.  

I never minded and my old lady was always down to Fuck when she got back.  

Julie's husband reported the same thing to me.  

Sometimes we went out as two couples.

Julie got brain cancer and passed away.  I miss her taking my wife out and doing what ever they did that got the motor running.  

Mine never got upset when a trip to a buddies to pick something up turned into 7 hours and a phone call for a ride home either.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Give them an inch and they take ten miles.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Brunch was always a big deal when I lived in Bahrain. There were times I spent all day eating, drinking, and listening to a shitty Filipino cover band.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#23]
You sound like a very supportive husband....

Not
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#24]
The wife goes out with a few of her friends for lunch for what should be an hour or 2. It nearly always turns into 4 or 5 hours. The 3 of them end up at the house with shopping bags from some place or an another. No biggie.

I've been to the range, and then usually working on the 46 Willys Jeep we are restoring.

Be grateful she hasn't been heaping up the honey do list.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Unless it's a regular thing, let the wife have a day. You'll be happier.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You sound like a very supportive husband....Not
View Quote

He reacted in the worst way, for sure. The question is how does he fix it without making things worse.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top