Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/26/2017 9:04:31 PM EDT
I'm going to have brunch with the girls.  So at 10am I take the boy and we head out to give the house to the girls.  I get back at 2pm and they are still drinking and getting sauced.  

At 3pm the wife comes to me in the baby's room and says that she's going to go have a bite with one of her friends and will be just a minute...5:30pm she comes back home.

Since when is "brunch" a seven and a half hour event?  And why is it unreasonable for me to desire to know that "brunch" is going to run over?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you care?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless it's a regular thing, let the wife have a day. You'll be happier.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Eject
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Rules
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Shit, it takes my wife and one of her friends 3 hours and 2 bottles of wine to watch The Bachelor.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Something is rotten in denmark.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I like to do that.  But the difference is "Hey babe, I'm going to take an hour or two with the girls" is different than "I'm taking the whole day".  Simple communication would be nice...as it would allow me to plan.

It's a huge difference when you are packing to take an infant out.  A couple hours is a bottle and a diaper with some emergency kit.  A whole day is packing 3 bottles, food, diapers, a change of clothes etc...
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
And you have NEVER just "Stopped for one with the Guys"?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like you had a quiet day in your workshop.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#10]
In B4 GPS tracker and cell phone hacks.

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And you have NEVER just "Stopped for one with the Guys"?
View Quote

Yes...and if I go longer than expected I text or call.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#13]
meh, same as when we go out with the guys.  Don't make a big deal out of it.  Rule #1, if wife isn't happy, neither will you be. 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Brunch is a whole thing, not just a light snack between breakfast and lunch.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Change "brunch" to "IDPA shoot" and say it in your wife's voice and see if you are still mad.

Shoe? Meet "other foot".
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I like to do that.  But the difference is "Hey babe, I'm going to take an hour or two with the girls" is different than "I'm taking the whole day".  Simple communication would be nice...as it would allow me to plan.
View Quote
Meh.  They got to talkin', the wine got to flowin', the hours went by... it happens.  Doesn't seem something worth getting upset about.  Just my $.02, worth what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#17]
how often does she do this?

A brunch becomes a 7 hour event when you have a baby in the house & mom needs a break or when girlfriend #4 has a tough day or new boyfriend.

relax
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#18]
OP you just now figured out that womenz have no concept of time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#19]
<----- married nearly 37 years

The best answer is to say "I'm glad you had fun" then put up a convincing smile.

After the kids are in bed offer to round out her day with a nice thorough back rub and toe curling sex. 

Would you rather be pissed off & fight about it or GET LAYED?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#21]
This situation is foreign to me.  Aside from hunting with my dad my wife and I pretty much do EVERYTHING together.

It's weird...but I like it that way.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Happy Wife = Happy Life
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
OP you just now figured out that womenz have no concept of time.
View Quote

For real.  My wife running to the store back in 15.  Me: You can't even drive to the store and back in 15.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's a huge difference when you are packing to take an infant out.  A couple hours is a bottle and a diaper with some emergency kit.  A whole day is packing 3 bottles, food, diapers, a change of clothes etc...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a legitimate reason to care.

Also easier without kids.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#25]
You sound like a fun guy to be around.

Unless it's a reoccurring event, let it go. Trust me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#26]
This thread is ghey. OP is a the no fun police.

Have this conversation with your wife, not us.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I can't stand people who lie about their intentions about timing.

I mean Im not super rigid or clingy but if you say you're going to do x and will be gone for rougly x amount of time but come back mutiple hours after you say that's of form of lying IMO.

Its one of the (many) reasons I divorced my ex, she would ALWAYS say Im going to do x and be back around x time and that bitch would come back mutiple hours after she said she would be and think it wasn't a big deal.

There's the door bitch, go find someone else who will put up with that shit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#28]
was her checking in while out something you two discussed before marriage?

if so, what was the agreement?  if not - why not?  own that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Went to visit her "jocker"!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#30]
So they were getting "sauced", so did she drive to the second date get together?
Was the second get together with one of the ladies at the brunch or another?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I got nothing...
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#34]
your looking at this the wrong way.

Dunno how old your boy is but he sounds pretty young. My little girl just turned one. I work just enough that im lucky I get to see her for an hour or two in the evening.

They are only this young, this cute, this innocent and this preciously small for so long. Your wife just gave you what sounds like a whole uninterrupted day with your boy. Soak that shit up and take mental pictures of every moment.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, an Adam of Adam and Eve we have here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
<----- married nearly 37 years

The best answer is to say "I'm glad you had fun" then put up a convincing smile.

After the kids are in bed offer to round out her day with a nice thorough back rub and toe curling sex. 

Would you rather be pissed off & fight about it or GET LAYED?
View Quote
Hah! With my ex, it would have been "Thanks for the massage, but I'm so tired from my day I'm going to go to sleep."

I think the OP has a right to express his irritation. Best case, she fully intended to take just a couple of hours. Not so good, she always intended it to be an all day thing but intentionally deceived OP. Worst case, well, just read GD.

And just because 'it happens" doesn't mean that OP is wrong in being irritated. 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

You sound like a woman. Is this a same sex marriage deal?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#39]
OP, I get you..It's not about the time. It's about telling me up front what I'm in store for. You want 7 hours, take 7 hours, but if you tell me three, and it runs that, to me, that's disrespectful of my time. We're not talking about 30 minutes late due to traffic. To me it's not a clingy/possessive thing, by all means, the wife deserves to get loose with the girls, but for me (and apparently you) I value my time like I value her, I just want to be kept in the loop.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#40]
When my wife has her hair appointment, she and one of her best friends go together. They leave bout 9:00 am and don't get home till 3 or 4 in the afternoon. No big deal, happy wife happy life! Roll with it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Wash the sand out and you'll feel better
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#43]
She was gone out for that long? Hell you should be celebrating or gay?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Was married for thirty years,  when wife said she was  having  lunch with a friend or running to the store etc.  I Just told her if I'm not here when you get home, give me a call.  WHOO HOO FREE DAY FOR ME!!  

I predict OP will be posting an ARFCOM curse thread within a year.........
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm going to have brunch with the girls.  So at 10am I take the boy and we head out to give the house to the girls.  I get back at 2pm and they are still drinking and getting sauced.  

At 3pm the wife comes to me in the baby's room and says that she's going to go have a bite with one of her friends and will be just a minute...5:30pm she comes back home.

Since when is "brunch" a seven and a half hour event?  And why is it unreasonable for me to desire to know that "brunch" is going to run over?
View Quote

It's easy to burn out taking care of a baby.  I did everything I could to help, including night feedings as I fall asleep easy after waking up.  But they still need time off to get things out of their head.  I remember you posting before how tough it has been and it really is normal to a great extent.  This is why people don't want to have kids, because it is very fucking hard psychologically.  Hang in there.  It gets better as they become more and more independent.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#46]
If it isn't a regular occurrence it wouldn't bother me.  When people are drinking and having a good time, things tend to go over in terms of time.  It goes with the territory.  Honestly, when you came home at 2:00 and they were still going strong instead of cleaning up, you should have known then and there that her day was shot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#47]
You're going to have a curse thread in the future and blame her.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OP, I get you..It's not about the time. It's about telling me up front what I'm in store for. You want 7 hours, take 7 hours, but if you tell me three, and it runs that, to me, that's disrespectful of my time. We're not talking about 30 minutes late due to traffic. To me it's not a clingy/possessive thing, by all means, the wife deserves to get loose with the girls, but for me (and apparently you) I value my time like I value her, I just want to be kept in the loop.
View Quote
This.

I don't really care what my wife does, as long as she's honest. Even a call saying "I know I told you we were going to have a quick brunch but, it looks like this is going to be an all day affair. Do you mind taking care of the boy until I get done here, probably going to be this evening before we're done cutting this up."

Me: "Sure, thanks for the heads up, have a great day, call me if you need a ride."

It's not about the day out off the reservation, it's about the inherent dishonesty in mission creep without the courtesy of a heads up.

Scope expansion of mundane activities bothers the fuck out of me.

My wife says "Hey, I'm going to run to Target, do you want to go?" I'm like sure, that'll kill an hour and get the boys out of the house. Then we get to Target and it's "So, after we're done here I need to go to Sam's Club, oh, and I wanted to stop by Sketchers for the boys, they're having a sale and after we eat lunch at that Vietnamese place we need to stop at WalMart."

I'm like "You said you were running to Target .... that's why I agreed to come along. Now you've devised a list of 7 hours of non-stop shopping that could have been accomplished by me, alone, in an hour and a half, instead of while the two of us wrangle two kids through every retailer in fucking Texas."

Awesome, babe. Just fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So they were getting "sauced", so did she drive to the second date get together?
Was the second get together with one of the ladies at the brunch or another?
View Quote

That's what I would be more concerned about, getting sauced at 2 and "heading out" at 3.  
Yeah I know, no such thing as drunk driving, they were just a little buzzed.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#50]
The way you tell your story  makes it seem there was a fair bit of drinking and driving.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top