Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2017 10:02:46 PM EDT
Need some help troubleshooting-

I have a replacement BCG I wanted to test to make sure its GTG. This is a good quality auto carrier and bolt.

Decided there was no better way than shooting my upper and new BCG on a member's transferable Colt lower.

With my upper on, the bolt would not drop on a loaded mag- it would drop as if in molasses/slow motion over the course of 15 seconds, then needing the FA to seat.
Would FTFeed if fired.

It did this with both GI mags and Pmags.
It didn't do this with his bolt in my upper on his lower.
It didn't do this in my upper on my lower.
My upper has 2k+ rounds with relatively no issues.
Lots of lube was tried.

Can y'all think of anything that could have been out of spec with his lower or my bolt that can cause this? I didn't see anything rubbing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
It's rubbing somewhere. No way around that. Push pin holes ar out of spec on M16 I'd guess. 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#3]
What brand upper? It may be the specs of your upper & BCG are on the "high normal" end & rubbing.

ETA: is the bolt lock engaging?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:21:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Amazed someone would let you "test" or troubleshoot your stuff on his transferrable lower.  I'm a nice guy, but no way in hell would I let that happen with my m16.

If the upper worked before hand on one of your lowers, it's the BCG.  The odds of his lower being out of spec enough to cause that are pretty low.  The BCG is getting hung up somewhere and that's the big change here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top