BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2017 4:07:21 PM EDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPTKR12cUqc
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yours is funnier, but this sums it up too.

Sir Mashalot: Mind-Blowing SIX Song Country Mashup
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah we know.  Nickelback country formula.  No one actually listens to it.  It's just there to get drunk women horny.  Like wine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah we know.  Nickelback country formula.  No one actually listens to it.  It's just there to get drunk women horny.  Like wine.
View Quote

Which is why we tolerate it.  

Can someone embed it?  I don't know how.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Bo Burnham - Todays Country Songs
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Beautiful
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Is Toby Keith in that category?

I like that song with the ugly twin sister... but other than that yeah.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Lol holy shit that deserves a bump.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I once heard a 4/4 electronic music bass drum beat in a country song.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
There's a reason why I call it "Bro-country"

I'll stick with my '70's-'90's country thank you...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

I with this guy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY8SwIvxj8o
View Quote

Now that is an eye opener!  

Cookie-cutter music.  Give the same song to different "artists" and let them change the words around...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Mrs. Rabinowitz and I go C&W dancing nearly every weekend.  Most songs are crap.  But we go to dance and not to admire the music.

All music is commercial.  Accept it and move on.  Most old country is unbearable.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Cookie-cutter music.  Give the same song to different "artists" and let them change the words around...
View Quote

And that is why when someone here innocently posts a "new awesome song" by Luke Bryan or Jason Aldeen or Blake Shelton and they get abused.  Now you know.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#14]
My Daughter is at the Dierks Bentley concert right now, with Cole Swindell opening.

My brother played golf with Cole this morning.  

Luke Bryan is a GREAT guy.

I don't know, country music isn't for some, but who, EXACTLY, is great/unique/diverse in sound these days anyway?  I would say there is far more talent in country than there is in all other genres combined.  All music is subjective...either you like it or you don't.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My Daughter is at the Dierks Bentley concert right now, with Cole Swindell opening.

I don't know, country music isn't for some, but who, EXACTLY, is great/unique/diverse in sound these days anyway?  I would say there is far more talent in country than there is in all other genres combined.  All music is subjective...either you like it or you don't.
View Quote

Did you even watch the whole video?  He is mocking the fact that most of them aren't even from the country, and are just a Nashville creation.  Even in the 90s, there were some authentic country artists.  George Strait was a genuine rodeo cowboy.  Randy Travis was a genuine hillbilly from Western NC.  Now it's mostly city folk who never did any of the things that they sing about in their formulaic music.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#16]
The Major Labels have done this with about every genre of music that has a decent market. The same songwriters write all the songs due to their track records of producing formulated hits,

They invaded Rock, then R&B/Hip Hop/Rap and now they are doing the same via Bro Country.

If you want good music, get outside the Major Labels and find real artists.

Almost every Metal band I dig these days is on a independent minor label. Sure, they don't sell millions, but they make a good living and play the music they want to.

I am sure if you dig, you can find the same for country.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#17]
That just about covers it. 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#19]
These " Real " Country Music artists said it best in song.

George strait murder on music row
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Major Labels have done this with about every genre of music that has a decent market. The same songwriters write all the songs due to their track records of producing formulated hits,

They invaded Rock, then R&B/Hip Hop/Rap and now they are doing the same via Bro Country.

Almost every Metal band I dig these days are on independent minor labels. Sure, they don't sell millions, but they make a good living and okay the music they want to.

View Quote

This guy hit it on the head.  It is the labels that push this shit.  It does make money and that's all that matters in the end.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess being a musician you listen to music and hear what most people don't. I enjoy intricate music that requires some amazing skill to pull off. Country to me is just too simple, predictable and boring (too much beer, pickup truck, Mexico bullshit lyrics). I like some older county but this stuff that's played on the radio is absolute garbage. My brother is a country fan so when I'm in his truck I get to listen to what's "in". When a drum machine is used (like Jason Aldines Burnin' It Down) I just cringe. I guess my definition of talent is completely different than most people today.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This guy hit it on the head.  It is the labels that push this shit.  It does make money and that's all that matters in the end.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Almost every Metal band I dig these days are on independent minor labels. Sure, they don't sell millions, but they make a good living and okay the music they want to.

It's absolutely from the labels.  There are still good country artists out there, but you need to search them out for yourself, because you are usually not going to hear it on FM radio.

The thing that pisses me off the most, is that there is almost no fiddle or steel guitar in it, and yet they still try to sell it as "country".  It's fucking pop music, not country.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

My son was in a metal band that signed to a major label.They tried to steer them and when they produced their album, the label was surprised they didn't recognize it. Didn't know how to market it or what kind of tour to put them on. Fuck a buncha big labels.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
These " Real " Country Music artists said it best in song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiILl_F7O8
View Quote
So very true. There are some true country artists out there but you've gotta hunt for'em.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I just want to let everyone know there is an Achey Brakey 2.

You know. Because that was needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72WhEqeS6AQ
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is Toby Keith in that category?

I like that song with the ugly twin sister... but other than that yeah.
View Quote

Toby Keith's "Weed With Willie" is freakin' hilarious!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Did you even watch the whole video?  He is mocking the fact that most of them aren't even from the country, and are just a Nashville creation.  Even in the 90s, there were some authentic country artists.  George Strait was a genuine rodeo cowboy.  Randy Travis was a genuine hillbilly from Western NC.  Now it's mostly city folk who never did any of the things that they sing about in their formulaic music.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Western NC?  

Marshville ain't never been considered western North Carolina, and his drinking issues makes him more white trash than hillbilly
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#31]
We have William Clark Green here tonight, with Rob Baird and Ross Cooper opening the show, respectively.

There is a lot of talent in the house right now. Everyone has been completely down-to-earth and cool.

I've always enjoyed the country scene, and there are still plenty of good players and good people around.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I with this guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I with this guy.

Me, too!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I with this guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I with this guy.
 me to
George Jones - Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes

Murder on Music Row - Alan Jackson with George Strait (Lyrics)

ETA: Damn it beat me to it
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#34]
There is solid country out there but you won't ever hear it on the radio.

Chris Knight is amazing and the dude still plays bars.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#35]
The only thing worse than modern country music is modern everything else.

Music is almost dead.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
There is solid country out there but you won't ever hear it on the radio.

Chris Knight is amazing and the dude still plays bars.
View Quote

Nailed it.

In my opinion country is best experienced live, in bars or small venues.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Meh, the best country was from the 40s/50s/60s anyways. It's all about the hick hop these days.

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:53:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:08:05 AM EDT
[#39]
?? ???????? ???????????????? ?????? ?? "Hillbilly Joker" Live 2/28/04 The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#40]
What real Country sounds like:

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#41]

that was hilarious

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:29:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget about Chris LeDoux, he was an actual cowboy as well.

I refuse to listen to the much of the newer stuff, it's shit. The fake "country" accents are the worst. If you want further proof of what's discussed in the videos, go listen to the Country Strong soundtrack. They took 3 Hollywood actors and actresses and had them sing country, the music is as good or better than most new country. My wife loves that movie lol .

Chris Stapleton is pretty good for a new guy.

Oh, and George Strait FTMFW!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY8SwIvxj8o

that was for sure for me an eye opener

but I do not listen to this Music in the 1st place
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:30:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Max Stalling. You're welcome. 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Music is almost dead.
View Quote

It's not dead, because there are still plenty of good artists out there; you just won't hear them on FM.  And with internet radio, where you can make up your own stations, there is no need for FM.  FM is dead to me; music is not.

There are still good artists in other genres, too.  Joe Bonamassa might be the greatest blues artist of all time, but most people have never even heard of him.  There is a ton of good metal still being made, as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What real Country sounds like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J7L4y8GbCE
View Quote

BR549 was awesome!  I only saw them live once, but they put on a great show.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Music is almost dead.
View Quote

It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. Rock and metal is having a massive revival.

It's just not happening on the radio.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Country can be innovative. It can push the limits of traditional country.
It shouldn't be faked, and it shouldn't be faked.
"Country" isn't heard on the radio outside of college stations, the internet, and small local stations.
Pop country sucks. It might as well be disco.

Here, this song is from this dudes heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOeSwMKYQH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpDcFFGdzbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEzNmqLHHEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5t7Cl6W-Ag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTk3fGpo2Lk
View Quote
Let me add to your list

Max Stalling - Runnin' Buddy
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Paul Eason - The Mountains of Nuevo Leon
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top