Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From installing AC systems in new construction custom houses. I hate architects too!

"It's  just air. it can go anywhere!"
View Quote

Exactly why an HVAC engineer should be involved from the start...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Sociologists
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Professional liars? No.

Professional bastards? Absolutely, when required. Just remember that they'll be your bastards when required, as well.

Everyone has time in their life when they need to spit on their hands, hoist the black flag, and slit some throats. Not everyone has it in them, however, so that's where the lawyers come in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lawyers

Professional liars.

Professional liars? No.

Professional bastards? Absolutely, when required. Just remember that they'll be your bastards when required, as well.

Everyone has time in their life when they need to spit on their hands, hoist the black flag, and slit some throats. Not everyone has it in them, however, so that's where the lawyers come in.

Well said. I've been a trial lawyer for 12 years and never lied. To OP, I hope you never need one of us, but if you do, we'll be your priest, shrink and savior. Deal with a lawsuit on your own and reap the whirlwind.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Realty.  Not the people themselves, but the system.  "Pay me 40,000 dollars for the 10 hours I put in to sell your house".  OK, $4,000/hour seems fair, for a job that a high school dropout could do.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Though they are not "professionals"  real estate agents and politicians are scum.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lawyers

Professional liars.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Hollywood actors. They are LITERALLY professional liars. The are masters at pretending to be something they are not. And these are the people a large number of people idiots listen to when it comes to being informed on important social/political topics?

Why anybody would ever listen to a word they have to say on any topic is beyond me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]
+100
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Funeral home directors.  They prey on people at their weakest.
View Quote

As a funeral director I'd say your complaint applies to about 90% of the profession. If your funeral director is on a sales commission like many of the large corporate firms are, you're basically walking into a sale pitch.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Human Resources

Nothing really resourceful about them from my last companies.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Panhandlers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The alcohol industry honestly.  They cause more death and destruction to America than all other illegal drugs combined, and yet they're allowed to actively promote their products as socially acceptable and the way to 'have a good time'.  Then they go an contribute massive amounts of funding trying to keep cannabis illegal  It's not that I hate individual workers in the industry.  It's more of the industry in general that pisses me off.  Similar to big tobacco, but at least they don't pretend to be the good guys, and are banned from advertising on TV now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Lawyers
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Sportscasters
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Realtor
View Quote

Especially when you drive 150 miles one way just to find out they lied about the property outright and misled you on everything else...eh?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#16]
too many choices I hate everybody
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#17]
HR. Car sales. Nursing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#18]
astronauts
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Realtors

Fat, ugly, lazy, stupid, women  who lie, cheat and steal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Assistant crack whores.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I gotta admit I'm a little baffled by the contempt for firefighters in this thread 

That's a profession that doesn't even begin to register as something I would have contempt for.

Maybe a little jealousy that they get paid to cook, sleep, & workout.  But that gets evened out by that whole "willingness to run into a burning building to save granny's cat" thing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Sales reps for credit card processors.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#23]
The fun police.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#24]
ALL Politicians!  Lenin & Trotsky had the right idea!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Lawyers  NO explanation needed.

Property pimps.

They have lobbied to make selling and buying property without them exceedingly difficult. Then they feel they are entitled to a substantial portion of your life's hard work for doing the paperwork.

Pawn shop operators.

Few people will will screw somebody over for a buck, more quickly than a pawn shop operator. They truly deal in other people's hardships and misery.

Used car salesman. Just plain scummy low life shitbirds.   The funny part is I have done a number of dope deals on the property of car lots involving car dealers and salesmen. Nothing like doing 1/2 pound meth deals on a showroom floor...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Professional liars? No.

View Quote

Whatever it takes to justify it to yourself.

That is what lawyers are great at. Pretending they are not lying/being dishonest, when they know damn well that they are intentionally misleading, in order for the judge or jury to believe something that is not accurate, while not quite perjuring themselves. I have been working around lawyers for roughly 20 years and a straight forward, bluntly honest one is like a Unicorn.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Human resources, as an employee
Junk debt buyers/collection agents
Paparazzi
Cops that do nothing but write tickets

There are a lot of hate them until I need them professions, but I can't really list that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Professional welfare baby factory.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
astronauts
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#30]
lawyers
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The alcohol industry honestly.  They cause more death and destruction to America than all other illegal drugs combined, and yet they're allowed to actively promote their products as socially acceptable and the way to 'have a good time'.  Then they go an contribute massive amounts of funding trying to keep cannabis illegal
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Any tenured professor
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I gotta admit I'm a little baffled by the contempt for firefighters in this thread 

That's a profession that doesn't even begin to register as something I would have contempt for.

Maybe a little jealousy that they get paid to cook, sleep, & workout.  But that gets evened out by that whole "willingness to run into a burning building to save granny's cat" thing.
View Quote

Yeah I'm shocked there are more firefighter haters than anything in here.

Typical internet ignorance "Hurr I've never seen them fight a fire so they are a waste of money!"

As though there was never a huge and lethal problem with things like entire city blocks(or cities) burning down before the advent of professional fire departments
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Pawn shop operators.

Few people will will screw somebody over for a buck, more quickly than a pawn shop operator. They truly deal in other people's hardships and misery.
View Quote

Hmm. I wonder why I've never been "screwed" by a pawn shop 

They provide a service and people willingly give them their business. 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
astronauts
View Quote

AGREED.

You abandoned this planet once, you'll leave it again.

This planet isn't for part-timers shitlibs

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

This guy gets it. Go live on Mars if you hate Earth so much.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Perhaps a better question would be - which professions do you have respect for ?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Must be an ambulance driver
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Firemen

Total drain on taxpayers and don't do anything that a private EMT service can't.  Don't believe me....when is the last time you witnessed firefighters save a burning building or get there before the Police and actually rescue the person inside.  The ones around here drive three trucks including an engine to wal  mart to buy groceries.  Pisses me off to no end

Disclaimer:  can only speak of the ones in my area which is not a big city and does not have tall buildings.  Have much respect for agencies like NYFD 

Must be an ambulance driver

That is the usual whine from them.

Also that private EMS tends to be a shithole.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Perhaps a better question would be - which professions do you have respect for ?
View Quote

Farmers.

Over the road truckers, who bring us that food...and the other things we need.

Lineman who get the power back on when the storm is still raging.

Pretty much anyone who makes anything useful with their own hands...or fixes it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Whatever it takes to justify it to yourself.

That is what lawyers are great at. Pretending they are not lying/being dishonest, when they know damn well that they are intentionally misleading, in order for the judge or jury to believe something that is not accurate, while not quite perjuring themselves. I have been working around lawyers for roughly 20 years and a straight forward, bluntly honest one is like a Unicorn.
View Quote

Perjury - I don't thing that word means what you think it means. Perjury is an intentionally false sworn statement; lawyers are rarely under oath and are, instead, bound by the lawyers creed, federal and state bar rules and ethics.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Car salesmen.
View Quote
While some salesmen deserve the despicable label, ALL their sales managers are lower than dog shit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#42]
That fucker driving the snow truck who stopped to tell me to stop shoveling the snow from my driveway into the street. I've never laughed so hard at a random stranger before.
View Quote

My neighbor was found liable for damages and injuries for an accident he caused by shoveling snow into the road.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#43]
U.S. Senators.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Engineers - the ones that design shit so it takes 9 fucking hours to get to a ten dollar part that's a common failure item.

Why didn't these fucksticks design the ten dollar part better?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Human Resources

As someone else mentioned there are generally good & bad people in most professions, haven't found any good in human resources.  Universally seem to be the laziest, most incompetent, wastes of skin, and detriment to business I've ever run across.

Might be worth mentioning that I don't consider old school secretaries who did payroll, insurance, and whatever else their employer asked them to be in this group.
View Quote

In my approximately 30 years working in various corporate environments, I have encountered exactly one HR person that wasn't a complete waste of oxygen.

On his last day of work before he retired I actually called him up and thanked him for not being worthless. He said that he understood what I meant.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'll go first:

Interior Designer

Why is your opinion so fucking great? Maybe I like my couch there. Maybe I like dogs playing poker painting. Fuck you.

In before:

but muh fung shui
but muh color pallete

GET FUCKED
View Quote

If not for interior designers, I couldn't have retired at 50.  I loves me some interior designers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Salesmen
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think my issue with them is simply the drain on tax payers.  The ones here locally have millions upon millions of dollars more than police and they demand the best of the best.  They are regarded as "heroes" but they DO NOT and WILL NOT run into a building to save a person.  I have personally witnessed them stop in the front yard to put on the tanks and masks while the cops were kicking down doors and dragging granny out of a fully engulfed home.  They stood by and watched it burn to the ground. They are all good dudes no doubt.  I just think that a private EMT service provides the same service at far less cost to taxpayers and they don't strut around with some undeserved sense of entitlement.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Consultants. Nobody can fuck up an IT project like a consultant.

They also have a vested interest in dragging stuff out so they can keep billing. Sorry, but getting five IP addresses doesn't require six 1-hour long conference calls. All that's required is me saying, "Hey, I need five IP addresses".

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#50]
School System Administrator.

Truly a "profession" where 87% of the self-important sleazes would not be missed if they disappeared this instant.....Likely not even by their family till their fat paycheck quit hitting the bank every two weeks. I bet they would be glad to be shed of them.

I suspect the same could be said of hospital administrators but I don't know any of those.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top