Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there is any profession that I have contempt for; just individuals.  Like most, I think the bulk of career politicians are reprehensible people (sometimes with a nice smile and charming personality) but there are some who are just the local guy who's trying to make his community better.  Similarly with lawyers, we have way too many but we need people to defend and prosecute criminals and chase down the guy who just wrecked your car and told you to FO.

Professions exist because they provide a service for somebody, even if that service isn't glamorous.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Traffic enforcement cops
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Actors. They make a living pretending to be something they are not and are overvalued by society. The ideal useful idiots...

No offense to James woods*
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Civil servants put in place through affirmative action. It's been the bane of my existence for the lat 14+ years.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The professions are made of up people, and I have seen good and bad in all professions.  Judge a man by his character, not his suit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The press.

One of the most important jobs in a free society, and they deliberately misuse their position.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Salesmen  Professional liars of any kind, real estate in particular. Three percent of gross to take pictures with your phone, upload to Zillow, and complete some paper work is absurd.

"Field Ready!"-- This machines requires a rebuild of  major component systems.

"Been through shop"-- We opened the doors on each side of the bay and drove it...though the shop!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Firemen

Total drain on taxpayers and don't do anything that a private EMT service can't.  Don't believe me....when is the last time you witnessed firefighters save a burning building or get there before the Police and actually rescue the person inside.  The ones around here drive three trucks including an engine to wal  mart to buy groceries.  Pisses me off to no end

Disclaimer:  can only speak of the ones in my area which is not a big city and does not have tall buildings.  Have much respect for agencies like NYFD 
View Quote

Individually Firemen are for the most part good guys, but yes "firefighting" as a profession is outdated and a huge waste of taxpayers money 99.9% of the time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Since lawyers was already listed, then I'll say doctors. Yes there are some really good ones, but I find most of them condescending and pompous. They think because they went to med school that they are better than everyone else, and get offended if you call them by their name without "Dr." in front of it (because you know, that is proof that they are superhuman).

Guess what? I'm a computer "doctor" and you can't do much without a computer, and if you don't know shit about computers, stop acting so smart. Also, if you can't fix your own car so stop acting like auto mechanics are beneath you. And if you can't do your own HVAC or electrical work...just stop being a dick. Most adults are "doctors" at something but we don't get a special title and expect everyone to treat us differently. You get paid more than all of us, which I have no problem with because of the responsibility you endure, but stop thinking everyone else is mentally inferior.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any agents of three-letter agencies.
View Quote
There are some really good agents for a three letter agency that are beating up on ISIS right now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Car salesmen..
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I despise all weavers of the black arts.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Show me on the doll where the show me on the doll poster touched you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I predict no less than 5 "show me on the doll" posts in this thread.

Show me on the doll where the show me on the doll poster touched you.
#2 Show me the doll...do it.....do it....
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Professional Liars.

Lawyers
Politicians
Most Media
Car Salesmen
Realtors
Home Remodelers
Auto Mechanics
Dentists
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
HVAC scumbags.

That "hard to find control valve will have to be special ordered and overnighted" for $300... and they can install within a week!

Looked up the model code and Amazoned that bitch myself for like $25.
View Quote

Yep. HVAC control contractors.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Doctors that perform abortions as a form of birth control.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Psychiatrists.  To a lesser extent, psychologists.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Lawyers who are politicians. This should not be allowed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Firemen

Total drain on taxpayers and don't do anything that a private EMT service can't.  Don't believe me....when is the last time you witnessed firefighters save a burning building or get there before the Police and actually rescue the person inside.  The ones around here drive three trucks including an engine to wal  mart to buy groceries.  Pisses me off to no end

Disclaimer:  can only speak of the ones in my area which is not a big city and does not have tall buildings.  Have much respect for agencies like NYFD 
View Quote

Must be an ambulance driver
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#20]
CT politicians
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Realtor and Lawyer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Teachers.

Always whining about wanting more money but don't want to drop the useless unions.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'll go first:

Interior Designer

Why is your opinion so fucking great? Maybe I like my couch there. Maybe I like dogs playing poker painting. Fuck you.

In before:

but muh fung shui
but muh color pallete

GET FUCKED
View Quote

Yes but Spunk Shui is a very important aspect of home decor.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Actors
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There are some really good agents for a three letter agency that are beating up on ISIS right now.
View Quote

Well hats off to them.

I was referring more to the dog shooting and people groping ones here state side.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Funeral homes, they catch you when you are at your weakest and try to take you for as much money as they can. 
View Quote

It is our most reasonably priced receptacle.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Firemen

View Quote

Are you saying just let buildings burn to the ground? Or private fire departments?

Our FD stays busy with squad runs most of the day. Occasionally, there is no FD squad available and a private ambulance has to be sent.  Private ambulance often takes overy 30 minutes to arrive, the FD gets there in 5 typically.  Sucks when we have a serious injury accident, shooting, or stabbing and private EMS is coming.

Fires need to be put out quickly surrounding buildings or wilderness from catching fire.  I've never seen the FD save someone from a burning building (you're right, police do seem to do this more), but I have certainly seen them prevent neighboring houses from catching fire.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Insurance people have screwed me the hardest
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Equine veterinarians

Whenever they cannot find a reason for the horse to be lame they blame
it on the foot {or the blacksmith} until the problem becomes so bad and obvious
to everyone else points out the problem to them.

Yet they get paid way more money and have higher prestige and whatnot and.....
....like the weather man......never gets any blame for being wrong.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't believe a car salesman can go one single day without conning, lying, or cheating someone out of money.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Professional Liars.

Lawyers
Politicians
Most Media
Car Salesmen
Realtors
Home Remodelers
Auto Mechanics
Dentists
View Quote

An Anti-Dentite!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Law Enforcement. Yeah - Screw those types.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Food servers.

Why do i have to subsidize your employer's wage for doing your f*cking job?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#34]
High pressure salesman.

job definition is to con people.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Journalists. Almost universally lacking integrity.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a number of friends/coworkers who do part time Realtor work...but dammit if I don't consider it just a worthless scam of a job. Everybody I know is jumping into it because of the current housing boom around here. Guess what guys, you can't ALL be realtors and expect to find customers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Are you saying just let buildings burn to the ground? Or private fire departments?

Our FD stays busy with squad runs most of the day. Occasionally, there is no FD squad available and a private ambulance has to be sent.  Private ambulance often takes overy 30 minutes to arrive, the FD gets there in 5 typically.  Sucks when we have a serious injury accident, shooting, or stabbing and private EMS is coming.

Fires need to be put out quickly surrounding buildings or wilderness from catching fire.  I've never seen the FD save someone from a burning building (you're right, police do seem to do this more), but I have certainly seen them prevent neighboring houses from catching fire.
View Quote
They more useless than tits on a bull around here.

All they do is show up and let it burn. Hose off the remanents. Yeah, that took a million dollar truck and $50,000 in personnel expenses for 15 minutes of work.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Public school union teachers. Those that push left wing ideology union DOE crap and then bitch they don't get paid enough because they have the most important job on the planet.

I was very specific, not all just the ones that have a lefist agenda to push.

But seriously, most elementary school subjects can be adequately taught by any competent home schooling mom or dad. Reading, math, history basic science can be easily taught to a child by anyone who is competent.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#39]
The Unemployed or fake disabled.  

The rest that get up for work, I would never have contempt for, no matter how crappy a job.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funeral homes, they catch you when you are at your weakest and try to take you for as much money as they can. 

Just because we are bereaved doesn't make us saps!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#41]
The poor soul who changes Hillary's Depends.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They more useless than tits on a bull around here.

All they do is show up and let it burn. Hose off the remanents. Yeah, that took a million dollar truck and $50,000 in personnel expenses for 15 minutes of work.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Car salesmen.
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Other shithead cops.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Lawyers.  Particularly defense lawyers.

Here's what a defense lawyer does. You pay $5,000 to them. They go talk to the solicitor or judge.

"He's a good boy, yo honor. He's in college and he likes to eat pussy.  Now I spoke to jimmy the solicitor and I like his recommendation. But I want to see bout dem community service hours. My client works Monday through Saturday, he's got 4 kids and only molests two of them. I mean he only molests two your honor, he could be molesting all four. Now that's a good man your honor. So can we lower dem community service hours down to 20?"

Sure!

There's your $5,000.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Home inspectors, road construction company owners, home builders, anybody in the medical profession
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Reality tv producers
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Any profession that has force-created a niche for itself and only exists/is necessary because of that.  
Politicians
Lawyers
Liberal Academics (phd in English, spends career arguing with other useless people whether Shakespeare was gay or not)

On a different note, I just bought a car and was surprised at how not awful most of the salesmen were.  The only thing bad I can say about the guy I bought from was he didn't know the details of his cars very well, kept using google when I asked targeted questions.  The only 'car salesman-y' part of the process was the financing guy with their 'protection packages' and whatnot, and even he only asked once and didn't press when I said no.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Realtors are total scumbags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Realtor

Quoted:
Realtors would fuck over their own mother for a dime.

Realtors are total scumbags.

I wished AIDs rape on the last one i used. Fuck you Susan, fuck you...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Missy Elliot. 

To to be specific.  
View Quote

Just out of curiosity, what did she do to cause you to single her out?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top