Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/25/2017 12:51:06 PM EDT
Some of these dogs are available now. Some are on "stray hold" but can be reserved. Some (pups) will go quick. How can I help you get your new dog?

"Lady is a pretty little girl. She is Boston Terrier mix. She is around a year old. She is looking for her forever loving home." I doubt the BT. She and her sister Ava look more Chi mix.

"Ava is a pretty little girl. She is a Boston Terrier mix. She is around a year old. She is looking for her forever loving home."

"Little Bit is a handsome little boy. He is a Chihuahua/Pug mix. He is around 8 months old. He loves kids. He is looking for his forever loving home." @grn_zx6r

ADOPTED!!!"Bobby is a Handsome boy. He is a Collie/Sheltie mix. He is around 7 years old. He loves kids. He is House Trained. He is a sweet boy. He is looking for his forever loving home." A bath and a good brushing and he will bwe gorgeous.

"Sadie is a pretty girl. She is a Lab/Hound mix. She is around 2 years old. She is such a sweet girl. She is looking for her forever loving home." This girl comes with a free bag of dog food on me! She is currently at the vet's getting checked for any underlying conditions other than simple neglect.

As suspectedthe pups didn't last long. ADOPTED!!!"Emma is a pretty little girl. She is Boxer/Heeler mix. She is 8 weeks old. She is looking for her forever loving home."

ADOPTED!"Ace is a cute little boy. He is Boxer/Heeler mix. He is 8 weeks old. He is looking for his forever loving home."

"Macy is a pretty girl. She is a Blue Heeler mix. She is around 2 years old. She loves kids. She is looking for her forever loving home."

ADOPTED!!!"Mattie is a pretty girl. She is a Blue Tick Coonhound. She is around 3 years old."

ADOPTED!Chase is a cute boy. He is a Red Tick Coonhound. He is around 3 Years old.

"Max is a handsome boy. He is a Lab mix. He is around 6 months old. He is looking for his forever loving home."

Rosco is a handsome boy. He is a Beagle/Basset Hound mix. He is around 5 years old. He is a very sweet boy. He is looking for his forever loving home.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Last bump.

For today.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Hoping those pups find a home.

I'm working on this girl right now. Shelter says she's about 3.

Also this one is available.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Gorgeous! Please post up any info that will help them get a home!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Whoever didn't feed that poor dog needs a whoopin!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Whoever didn't feed that poor dog needs a whoopin!
View Quote

Dam straight,
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gorgeous! Please post up any info that will help them get a home!

View Quote

Both are female. The shelter says they both are well mannered on leash. The white one is listed as "young", which usually means under 18 months old.

I may have a lead on a place for the 3 year old, or at least someone willing to put formal training on her. When the shelter got her, she was emaciated with dry skin and a brittle, dry coat. They've managed to put a little weight on her, but she's still horribly out of condition. I'm going to meet them both on Monday and will have more info then.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
man if you were closer i would be all over the 3 year old. i went to the shelter to day to look at a Shepherd they had but she had all ready found her forever home i was 10 mins to late.

thats a understatement who ever did not feed that poor dog needs to be bought a very painful lesson.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#9]
also Joker take it easy you do amazing work but don't over do it. Bobbie is a cutie also.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#10]
The pic of Sadie makes me want to slap a human. 

Max is cute as hell.

Free bump.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
man if you were closer i would be all over the 3 year old. i went to the shelter to day to look at a Shepherd they had but she had all ready found her forever home i was 10 mins to late.

thats a understatement who ever did not feed that poor dog needs to be bought a very painful lesson.
View Quote

Have you seen how ARFcom moves dogs? IF that is the only obstacle it can be done. In the last 3 months I've had ARFcom help move dogs from here in Cincinnati to: New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Florida Arizona and Texas among others. I would be happy to help organize.

ETA: By organize I mean I will not be in a car at any point. It seems I will be out of action for ~2 months if things go well.
@Namaah
@rmdye
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#12]
All fantastic looking pups! They all deserve a loving home.
Hope they all find one soon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The pic of Sadie makes me want to slap a human. 

Max is cute as hell.

Free bump.
View Quote

Adopt her and I'll find out who did that to her!
You may have to get in line.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Missed a couple.

"Rocky is a cute boy. He is a Pit bull mix. He is around 3 months old. He is looking for his forever loving home."

"Angel is a pretty little girl. She is a Rat Terrier mix. She is around 2 years old. She is looking for her forever loving home."

"Female Dog aged 3 years. Loves to run so a fenced yard would be good."

[size=4ADOPTED!][/size=4]"Toby is a cute little boy. He is a Chihuahua. He is around 3 years old. He is looking for his forever loving home."
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:06:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Early morning bump.  You know if you are up at this hour, on the internet, and don't have a dog or two snoring next to you, you're just not living.

That little Toby is a cutie.  If things were not so up in the air with us, I would seriously look at him.  I have two smalls already so he would fit in.  But we are in the middle of some life changes (retirement, getting house ready for sale, moving and possibly a temporary living situation for a bit) so it just would not be fair to him to come into our current chaos.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I really like Roscoe, I have a thing for basset mixes.

Bless you Op, for the work that you do with these dogs. I like dogs far better than people.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:19:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I really like Roscoe, I have a thing for basset mixes.

Bless you Op, for the work that you do with these dogs. I like dogs far better than people.
View Quote

Want him?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Have you seen how ARFcom moves dogs? IF that is the only obstacle it can be done. In the last 3 months I've had ARFcom help move dogs from here in Cincinnati to: New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Florida Arizona and Texas among others. I would be happy to help organize.

ETA: By organize I mean I will not be in a car at any point. It seems I will be out of action for ~2 months if things go well.
@Namaah
@rmdye
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Namaah
@rmdye

Yep. We'll make it work, by hook or by crook!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Wife unit is slowly cracking, kids and I keep working on her.  At this time she is saying we might get a dog once the kids are out of school.  This way she and the kids will be around to take care of him/her during the day.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#20]
puppy bump
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#21]
These dogs are spoken for!

A FB friend contacted me with these 3 strays. Their situation is desperate. She can't house them and her county's shelter is VERY high kill. @walther_gsp

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#22]
man Joker, you kill me daily with these post, those poor pups. i IM Namaah about his wonderful 3 year old, but he thinks he might have a home for her. i can only take one, but this last GSD you posted seems like he or she needs help more than the one Namaah has if there is two of us looking at the one dog. i am really split now. i hate to see one die if Namaah's might have a home.

@Namaah
@joker1

man what to do.....
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Get the dogs!!@
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
man Joker, you kill me daily with these post, those poor pups.
View Quote

Ready for one? If you can, spread the word. I prefer adopting to ARFcommers because it's easier for me to keep track of members and get updates BUT I will take a reference from an ARFcommer if you can vouch for that person.

Also a new east to west coast and west to east coast transport option has opened up for me. I plan on striking up a good relationship with these guys.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Bump for an amazing cause!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ready for one? ]
View Quote

Let me here from what @Namaah says on his.he is meeting the guy Monday and finding out more.  he thought he had her a home.  if his works out and the guy is going keep his and wants to give the 3 year old a forever home , yep i would be ready for the GSD Mix, but i don't want to leave Namaah hanging with his. tough discussion since i can only take one, don't want to see either one of them hurt or lord help us killed. i hate kill shelters.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#27]
If you need drivers, I'm in for the Phoenix to Cali/Nevada border area!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Let me here from what @Namaah says on his.he is meeting the guy Monday and finding out more.  he thought he had her a home.  if his works out and the guy is going keep his and wants to give the 3 year old a forever home , yep i would be ready for the GSD Mix, but i don't want to leave Namaah hanging with his. tough discussion since i can only take one, don't want to see either one of them hurt or lord help us killed. i hate kill shelters.
View Quote
I'll let you know Monday. The shelter opens at 1000 eastern.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Ugh. I haven't worked with this shelter for long. Lucy is the first dog I personally dealt with from there. I thought things were run there pretty well. Skipping some details I am getting all kinds of reports about the treatment the dogs there get. Just trust me when I say that every one of them is in danger right now. Please help if you can.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#30]
free bump
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Save the dogs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Save the dogs.
View Quote

Let's start with just one!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Those pups are so cute! Love the white "shepherd" looking one too. Do you know if he is house trained? Trying to work on the lady about one now.....how much does it cost?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Those pups are so cute! Love the white "shepherd" looking one too. Do you know if he is house trained? Trying to work on the lady about one now.....how much does it cost?
View Quote

For the white shepherd you need to contact Namaah. She is a good woman that I have worked with in the past. She is fostering the white shepherd. @Namaah.

She is also geographically more convenient to you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#35]
The adoption fee for the white shepherd is $20. Plus proof must be faxed to the shelter that the animal has been altered within 30 days of adoption, or that it was already fixed, or a letter from the vet that the animal cannot be altered for whatever reason.

I am more than happy to cover the adoption fee. The alteration can be done by my vet prior to transport if you are willing to set up payment over the phone, or you can have your vet do it when she gets to you. I'll trust that you make it happen, because if proof isn't given, I get ticketed and lose my ability to pull dogs from there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I like the Sheppard
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#38]
As to training, the shelter knows nothing more than what they can observe in their facility, as they are both strays. The officer has said that they both have decent leash manners, and I'm going to evaluate general behavior and how they act around other dogs, but there's no way to tell for certain on house training.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Sometime in the next 30 days I'll be driving from VA to FL. I can swing by Kentucky somewhere and take a dog or two along to drop off along the way.

Wish I could take them all. Wish I could take one. When I see dogs like here, people make me so sad.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#40]
#70 (LittleBit), male German Shepherd. 5 years old. 80 pounds. LittleBit is sweet and is available now.

ETA: note to self...polasky Shannon L.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sometime in the next 30 days I'll be driving from VA to FL. I can swing by Kentucky somewhere and take a dog or two along to drop off along the way.

Wish I could take them all. Wish I could take one. When I see dogs like here, people make me so sad.
View Quote

Thanks! Hopefully I'll find some homes. Right now it's been pretty quiet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Boy isn't that the truth.  I would love to give a home to another dog or two, but being a single guy, the one dog is more than enough for my dad to watch after when I am at work.  

Bumping up anyways.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Bump. God bless you, OP, and blessings to all who help with this righteous cause.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Joker, is there a sticky or anything with drivers and their ao? I'm in Grand Rapids, Mi... just thinking out loud if there's a signup we can be on with where we're located, state based, anything to help.

I'm going to get an arf dag, but can't *yet*. Looking for houses right now and roomie has 2 himself so not much room for another, but for now I do have a big heart, and fuel efficient car
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:35:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Joker, is there a sticky or anything with drivers and their ao? I'm in Grand Rapids, Mi... just thinking out loud if there's a signup we can be on with where we're located, state based, anything to help.

I'm going to get an arf dag, but can't *yet*. Looking for houses right now and roomie has 2 himself so not much room for another, but for now I do have a big heart, and fuel efficient car
View Quote

Short answer, no there isn't. I'm not that organized.

I started doing this 2 1/2 years ago on ARFcom, because of an ARFcom dog. I had grand ideas. I envisioned a small group of people dividing tasks and helping dogs. First in my AO and eventually in a few locations around the country. I am a hands on guy and wanted to be the evaluator, house breaker and basic dog trainer to make better dogs to be adopted. I was hoping to have others find good dogs in need, someone to raise funds and manage the expenses, some one to find and approve homes and yes, have a travel coordinator. It didn't work out that way. In spite of a total lack of organizational skills and a swiss cheese brain I kind of ended up handling it all.

I did have a list of volunteer drivers around the US but then I lost my home abruptly last March. I lost many of my possessions and everything else is crammed in storage. I lived in a utility free log cabin for 7 months with a pack of dogs until a stroke and osteomyelitis forced me to move back in with the wife. I'm sleeping on her living room floor and everything I have with me sits on half the dining room table. Most of that is medical supplies. I have a new place with a kennel building that is almost complete where I can continue and expand my rescue efforts. Until then I'm winging it.

I started a new list but that notebook got left in Dallas during my great Texas Adventure! When the time comes I'll make an appeal once again for drivers and try to get something together. That will include going through thousands of posts and messages recovering info. And now...your name will end up on that list!

Eventually I will have a website (a member here secured me a domain name). There will be big changes in what I do and how I do things. Better dog profiles, more info and videos.

Until then I'll just keep plodding along. When you're ready contact me and let me know what you're looking for. I'll hook you up! Thanks for your offer of help, Mark
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:44:31 AM EDT
[#46]
First word that came to mind, fuck. Pardon my French.

I am pretty short on cash at this second, but can you pm me your address and I'll throw some in a box with some other dog stuff this week when I get paid?

I don't know what mods could or if there's interest, but maybe we could just get a thread under "pets" or even GD we keep bumping as a list of names and ao... I think it would be a helluva start with you being immobile for a while.

Youre an angel my friend
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#47]
My wife was talking about a rescue dog today. Our beagle is 10 this year. I'll show her these pictures in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:09:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
First word that came to mind, fuck. Pardon my French.

I am pretty short on cash at this second, but can you pm me your address and I'll throw some in a box with some other dog stuff this week when I get paid?

I don't know what mods could or if there's interest, but maybe we could just get a thread under "pets" or even GD we keep bumping as a list of names and ao... I think it would be a helluva start with you being immobile for a while.

Youre an angel my friend
View Quote

In reverse order...

Far from an angel. Think broken old man that's to stubborn to quit on a dog.

That might not be a bad idea. Management here has been more than kind regarding my efforts, good folks.

Due to the generosity of ARFcom my Semper Fi Dog Rescue account is in the black for the first time. Some of it I'm spending to improve the outbuilding on the new property to bring it up to state standards for a kennel, fencing to divide 1 acre into separate dog run and training areas and equipment to care for and handle more dogs.I can't spend the money until I place some of these dogs! So for now save your money. When you catch up and get ahead and if you still feel so inclined my dogs paypal account is listed below my avatar, allowed by the kindness of the Avillas! I promise you it won't go to waste.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:09:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My wife was talking about a rescue dog today. Our beagle is 10 this year. I'll show her these pictures in the morning.
View Quote

Let me know!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm going to sweeten the pot for anyone that adopts one of these dogs.
Alright, 3 free ammo cans with each dog adopted. 2 1/2 years of heartworm meds for you whole household. Leash, long lead and really spiffy collar or harness. But wait! There's more. Claim your new dog and I will send you not 1, not 2, but 3 Semper Fi Bimba stickers for you car, truck or gun safe.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top