User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Easy pease .... 1:19 just left of Glenn Tipton's left leg, I see two of them ... there were others
View Quote
You know I look at that video and think "man those chicks are hot" and then realize that was 30 years ago....

I shudder to think what they look like now. 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:20:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That sounds awesome!  

Not only were Maiden and Priest probably my favorite bands in the early 80s, but I really liked Girl School, which just became one of those forgotten bands.
View Quote

They used to call them the "Little Sisters of Motorhead".
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You know I look at that video and think "man those chicks are hot" and then realize that was 30 years ago....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy pease .... 1:19 just left of Glenn Tipton's left leg, I see two of them ... there were others

Agree but then it hits me when I look it the mirror... it cuts both ways
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Me. I still listen to them all the time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:36:24 AM EDT
[#6]
One of my favorite bands back in the 80s.

Blood Red Skies Judas Priest
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was a big fan back in the 80's.  They were the first big time arena concert I saw back in the late 80's, Cinderella opened

Turbo was borderline, it  had a good song or two but the albums after that I thought were terrible.
View Quote

I saw them in the 70's. Opening for Sammy Hagar. Great show fucking Harley was loud piped through those giant speakers.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:54:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One of my favorite bands back in the 80s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtnW8w3e-7Q
View Quote
I hate to admit it, but I was incredibly disappointed with Ram it Down.  After seeing the band in '86, and after re-living that concert over and over with Priest...Live!, I went to the concert with my brother expecting a repeat of Fuel For Life.

The show was okay, and they played a lot of their best stuff, but it just wasn't the same. It was kinda like how hard-core "Star Wars" fans would feel after seeing "The Phantom Menace".  Even the women didn't seem to be as hot, although that was probably due to the fact I had just gotten married a few months earlier. 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I love them.  I was on a school trip in Austria when I was about 12 and found a little metal shop in some town.  I bought Priest Live on Vinyl a Motley Crue shout at the devil flag and a few other things.  It was years before I could put the flag up on my wall though.  I had never heard of either,  I think I only knew of Fastway from the Trick or Treat movie, Ratt, Iron Maiden and Metallica at that time.  At that time in England the only way you learned of that music was through friends.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

El Toro. Got there in '84.
ETA: MAG13. HMS13. Who were you with?
View Quote
VMFA 323
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I was a huge fan. In fact their Defenders of the Faith concert was my very first concert. I was thirteen, and no one told me to bring ear plugs. My ears rang for days afterward. If we knew back then Rob Halford was gay we would have burned down the stage and stomped our CDs to pieces. I guess times have changed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So who was a die-hard Priest fan during the Golden Years of Ronald Reagan?
View Quote

These guys were:

Heavy Metal Parking Lot (Judas Priest Concert 1986)
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:11:35 AM EDT
[#15]
still love the music just like back in the day

Trubo Lover is one of my favorites and than Painkiller
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:19:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I think Priest is fucking great now, but admittedly in the 80s I was a youngin into slayer, metallica and the misfits so... priest was sort of meh then.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:21:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think Priest is fucking great now, but admittedly in the 80s I was a youngin into slayer, metallica and the misfits so... priest was sort of meh then.
View Quote

In early 1987, I saw WASP in concert.  Their warmup was this thrash metal band I'd never heard of before:  Slayer.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:22:06 AM EDT
[#18]
somekindofweirddoubletap
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:52:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Loved them back in the 80's and my iPhone is full of Priest songs even now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
The good ol days
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#21]
There are many who tried
To prove that they're faster
But they didn't last
And they died as they tried
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top