BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:40:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish I still lived up there, could have helped with your car. I grew up 40 minutes away from you. I'm going to make some calls tomorrow and maybe I can hook you up with a mechanic in the Lake Geneva/Burlington area. I'll PM you when I know something. 
View Quote

Sounds good! We've lived around here for some time, but honestly don't have a great deal of contacts.
Get up, shower, go to work, work all day, go home and go to sleep.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:42:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Per our IM's I will contact you when home to get you the lower.
View Quote

Sounds great! Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've had the shit kicked out of me since February 2014 when my father died and my family almost made me have a nervous breakdown.

People keep saying 'hang in there', and while it's a nice sentiment, it would be nice if things actually started to look up for once.
View Quote

Hang in there man! Truly things will turn around.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there a way to keep a list of what has been donated and what still needs to be to finish the rifle?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#5]
If the other cheeseheads in this thread drop the ball i have a spare rra lower i will gift you... That ironically i bought in elkhorn. I'm a half hour away. It already has an LPK installed, no FCG.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sounds good! We've lived around here for some time, but honestly don't have a great deal of contacts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish I still lived up there, could have helped with your car. I grew up 40 minutes away from you. I'm going to make some calls tomorrow and maybe I can hook you up with a mechanic in the Lake Geneva/Burlington area. I'll PM you when I know something. 

I grew up just over the boarder in Johnsburge / McHenry IL. I still have a few friends up there so I'll see what I can do for a friend of a friend sort a thing to help you out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:07:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Per a couple requests, I have put together a list of parts being provided. If you would like your name excluded from the list, please let me know and I will take it down. If you won't be able to send whichever part we talked about, just shoot me an IM as I've had several offers for parts already offered and standing by.
Thank you all for your generosity.

Funds for upper provided by svan and Burnsy - upper is purchased

LPK being provided by RobertL - Received

Receiver extension parts and Stock provided by BoRdErBaCon - Received

BCG provided by Gadsden1776 - Received

Mags provided by heirmossy and KosmoC - Received

Ammo being sent by trapsh00ter99 - Received

Charging Handle provided by ThrustMyStoma - Received

Lower Receiver, Mags, Gunbag and swag provided by kersty52 - Received

Mags provided by AS556 - Received

Rear BUIS provided by Greenfeet - Received

I think that's about all I should need to make this thing happen. If I'm forgetting anything, please let me know.
Love you....errr.....I mean... you guys are amazing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:05:17 AM EDT
[#8]
forward handgaurd. and keep me apprised of any other parts your need.  I have been monitoring you situation and want to help any way I can.  I have other parts availaible just let me know what you need.  It's my Birthday, it's been a shitty day and I want to pay it forward in anyway I can

eta shit! I was saving post 87 for something special, I guess this is it.  I'm on here daily, just usually lurk.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:11:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:12:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
forward handgaurd. and keep me apprised of any other parts your need.  I have been monitoring you situation and want to help any way I can.  I have other parts availaible just let me know what you need.  It's my Birthday, it's been a shitty day and I want to pay it forward in anyway I can
View Quote

Will do. I think I should be able to score a handguard with the upper, but I'll let it be known, if that's not the case. Thank you.

Sorry it was a crappy day, Bro. Here's to tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:15:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

eta shit! I was saving post 87 for something special, I guess this is it.  I'm on here daily, just usually lurk.
View Quote

I'll gladly accept your post 87 as a contribution. lol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:17:27 AM EDT
[#12]
No worries, any other parts needed let me know, I've plenty of spares

eta, if not the handgaurd I have a goody bag for you
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:19:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Great, pm me an adress and I'll get some parts out to you, cheers!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:49:34 AM EDT
[#14]
People here are awesome.

Congrats OP
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:15:01 AM EDT
[#15]
In for a couple 30rd mags to OP.

PM mailing info
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:43:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't see sights on that list...

Pm me your address I'll get a set out to you Monday
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#17]
This thread is amazing

I'm subscribed, can't wait for a picture OP.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I can send a stock and or grip if the original user is not able. I may not be checking this post so PM me
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry to hijack but does anyone have a AR15 crush washer? I'll pay. I just cant see paying $5 to ship the damn thing from online retailers.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Per a couple requests, I have put together a list of parts being provided. If you would like your name excluded from the list, please let me know and I will take it down. If you won't be able to send whichever part we talked about, just shoot me an IM as I've had several offers for parts already offered and standing by.

Funds for upper provided by svan and Burnsy

LPK being provided by hotbiggun42

Receiver extension parts provided by BoRdErBaCon

BCG provided by Gadsden1776

Mags provided by heirmossy and KosmoC

Ammo being sent by trapsh00ter99

Charging Handle provided by ThrustMyStoma

Lower Receiver provided by kersty52

Stock, Grip and redback sling provided by grantw12

I think that's about all I should need to make this thing happen. If I'm forgetting anything, please let me know.
View Quote

I sent 100 rounds of wolf gold and 40 rounds of Federal LE for an HD mag to be delivered from SGA. It looks like the gun is pretty much covered, but if anyone else is looking to donate, some more range ammo wouldn't hurt!

Everyone here is amazing!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Bummer dude. But it could be worse.

Dec 2nd my wife got rear ended, she and my son went to the hospital to get checked out. Car totalled. And the auto insurance has its head up a dark and smelly place. 2 weeks later she calls me at work and tells me her neck & jaw are hurting-- classic heart attack symptoms. Back to the heart hospital. (She's better now, it wasn't a real heart attack but serious enough.) Now I have been out of work off & on for 3-4 weeks with bronchitis. And since November, my truck has been broken into twice-- second time they tried to steal it. I've spent over $500 trying to keep it on the road.

Hope things get better real soon.
View Quote

Damn

I have family down there in Albuquerque, and home burglaries, car thefts and break-ins are the order of the day.  My wife's son's Chevy Avalanche was broken into on the west side of town, and the fuckers completely missed the sidearm he had under the seat, thankfully.  That wasn't as bad as my BIL who had his truck stolen on base at Kirkland AFB, never to be seen again.  

I love that city, but the crime is way higher than it should be.  

Not sure where you're at Frank, but I wish you best and hope you get back up on your feet again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sorry to hijack but does anyone have a AR15 crush washer? I'll pay. I just cant see paying $5 to ship the damn thing from online retailers.
View Quote

Yes.  What else do you need?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I was checking back in on this post. I'm happy this community rallies together to help someone who's in need or down on their luck.

Now I can't really help much since I'm actually on a strict budget due to my own unlucky circumstances lately, I'd be happy to donate some roll pins or a gas tube
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#24]
can cut you guys a good deal on a colt 6721 upper minus bcg ch
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Any other parts needed for the build? 
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Need a barrel? I just pulled an unfired PSA Freedom 16 inch SS middy you could have with handguards, fsb and gas tube if you want it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Any other parts needed for the build? 
View Quote

I don't think so. I'm guessing that small pieces (pins, etc...) are in the LPK (been years since I looked at one) and I'll just need to get a couple punches and a buffer tube wrench. I'm thinking I may need to send out for a couple small parts depending on what comes with when this stuff starts coming in, but that should be NBD.

Thank you for your desire to partake.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Need a barrel? I just pulled an unfired PSA Freedom 16 inch SS middy you could have with handguards, fsb and gas tube if you want it.
View Quote

Thank you, but I've got sufficient funds for an upper, and have never built an upper, so I fear I would be a little out of my element there, and don't have the vise and whatever else to accomplish that.  

Thank you again for your offer though.

Just reread that...jeesh talkabout a run-on sentence. Lol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#29]
ARF kicks ass again.

This place is amazing community.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#30]
you've got some pretty solid e-friends, OP.  

good on you all for helping a brother out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#31]
In the last 15 months my wife lost her mother, father and our youngest son.  Everything else is just money,  Been down your path several times myself.  Just retired and looking forward to the so called golden years.  Now I need a dental implant that is going to set me back $5,000 or so.  

Worked for a company with a pension plan for over 40 years,   My pension is $132. 53 a month,   $2,400 per month less than promised for someone at my pay grade.  "Oooops!  We changed a few things."    

But again it's only money,  I have enough to get by and still have some fun.  Plus grandkids are the best invention ever!  

Looking back we seem to have made it through 40 1/2 years of marriage okay so far.   We are not unique in any regard.  All in all it has been a pretty good ride.  I have always believed that everything that happens, happens to the better.  It may suck when you go through it, but looking back you realize how much stronger it made you.  Both as an individual and hopefully as a couple too.  

To quote from my hero Red Green:  "Keep your stick on the ice.  We're all in this together."
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Raven, I'll probably get these shipped out Mon or Tues.

NIW LaBelle, ironically made in Wi.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Raven, I'll probably get these shipped out Mon or Tues.

NIW Labelle, ironically made in Wi.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/72570/20170226-135614-resized-154589.JPG
View Quote

Awesome. Thank you. Still can't believe this is happening.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In the last 15 months my wife lost her mother, father and our youngest son.  Everything else is just money,  Been down your path several times myself.  Just retired and looking forward to the so called golden years.  Now I need a dental implant that is going to set me back $5,000 or so.  

Worked for a company with a pension plan for over 40 years,   My pension is $132. 53 a month,   $2,400 per month less than promised for someone at my pay grade.  "Oooops!  We changed a few things."    

But again it's only money,  I have enough to get by and still have some fun.  Plus grandkids are the best invention ever!  

Looking back we seem to have made it through 40 1/2 years of marriage okay so far.   We are not unique in any regard.  All in all it has been a pretty good ride.  I have always believed that everything that happens, happens to the better.  It may suck when you go through it, but looking back you realize how much stronger it made you.  Both as an individual and hopefully as a couple too.  

To quote from my hero Red Green:  "Keep your stick on the ice.  We're all in this together."
View Quote

That pension thing is fucked. Don't know if I could ever forgive them for that one.

Sorry to hear of your family's troubles.  2016 seemed rough on a lot of folks
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Funds for upper provided by svan and Burnsy

LPK being provided by hotbiggun42

Receiver extension parts provided by BoRdErBaCon

BCG provided by Gadsden1776

Mags provided by heirmossy and KosmoC

Ammo being sent by trapsh00ter99

Charging Handle provided by ThrustMyStoma

Lower Receiver provided by kersty52

Stock, Grip and redback sling provided by grantw12

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Pm sent OP
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#37]
OP I should be home sometime tomorrow.  You should be getting a phone call tomorrow or Friday from me
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OP I should be home sometime tomorrow.  You should be getting a phone call tomorrow or Friday from me
View Quote

Excellent. I'm working Thurs. And Fri. (Off the weekend) but if I miss you, I'll call back after work.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Operation Warlord has commenced on my end... waiting to deliver payload.
Attachment Attached File

ETA: OP was waiting on me. Package delivered
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Operation Warlord has commenced on my end... waiting to deliver payload.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/320626/IMG-2228-158701.JPG

ETA: OP was waiting on me. Package delivered
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#41]
I know you already have offers in on these parts but consider this a backup if the others fall through:

- pistol grip
- trigger group
- carbine length hand guards
- I also have a never fired complete upper for sale and if its within $50 of your funds I will cover the difference as a 'good will' write off
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Bump for moar parts pix
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I know you already have offers in on these parts but consider this a backup if the others fall through:

- pistol grip
- trigger group
- carbine length hand guards
- I also have a never fired complete upper for sale and if its within $50 of your funds I will cover the difference as a 'good will' write off
View Quote

Thanks for the offer, but the upper is sitting next to me.
Updating parts list with parts received thus far.
Awaiting a few more before building can comence.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#44]
I have a spare primary arms Microdot. The MD06L version. You'll need a mount. PM me your address.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Updating list with additional parts offered, and what has been received thus far.
Thank you all for your contributions.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Package sent today, OP.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Package sent today, OP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Holy shit, you guys are absolutely incredible! Congrats, OP!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Holy shit, you guys are absolutely incredible! Congrats, OP!
View Quote

Thanks! They certainly are! Waiting on a couple crucial things, but then this thing can get underway.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Bump for what's still needed.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top