Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't say this woman, I meant women in general.
View Quote
I am Sorry.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Open carrying is all about messaging, not about actual self-defense (concealed carrying would be 10x more effective for self-defense). What kind of message are these women trying to project? "Don't mess with me"? If the goal is to repel random men, wearing a large wedding / engagement ring would work just as well.

Open carrying, in general, is mostly attention whoring. It seems somehow worse when women do it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Very much this. Dat ass tho

ETA by "restraint holster" you mean a Level II or III retention holster, right?
View Quote

Huh? There is absolutely ZERO ass in any of the posted pics. Not even small, tight, yoga-pants ass, let alone a proper double-hemisphere badonkadonk.
That aside, I wish more women would carry. I'd like to see a society in which the default mindset is that all women are armed, capable, and quite willing to do a mag dump into the face of someone who richly deserves it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Open carrying is all about messaging, not about actual self-defense (concealed carrying would be 10x more effective for self-defense). What kind of message are these women trying to project? "Don't mess with me"? If the goal is to repel random men, wearing a large wedding / engagement ring would work just as well.

Open carrying, in general, is mostly attention whoring. It seems somehow worse when women do it.
View Quote

Are you asking a legitimate question, or just offering an opinion on a subject you haven't bothered to investigate at all?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Say no to SOB.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

based on what, specifically? Citations please.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting. Care to post your shot times from concealment vs OWB? And splits?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Open carry is stupid in an urban setting.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't open carry ever, but I conceal carry always. When I see people open carry I wonder why they cant conceal their glock 19. Most open carriers seem to not pay attention to their surroundings either, which seems confusing to me. I am not sexist so it doesn't matter which sex, although i have never seen a female open carry in person.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Non retention holster behind the back = boyfriend told her to carry that way.  She also does it because she thinks it's cute.  She probably rides in her boyfriend's bro dozer with one foot on the dash and the other out the window.

Want to carry that way?  Go for it.  Just don't be surprised when you lose your gun or guys stare at your ass (which is another reason why she does it).

A quality retention holster worn on the hip projects a much better image of self defense.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Is that a dirty inky in North Idaho

Police: Tell us what happened
Victim: Well he came up behind me and grabbed my gun. He then pointed at me and forced me into that alley where he raped me.
Police: How did he know you had a gun.
Victim: I was opening carrying
Police: So he used your own gun against you to rape you.
Victim: Well I guess you can say that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hot chick + things I like = sexy. Of course, hot chick = sexy, so it's hard to say what difference open carry makes.
View Quote
True Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
How long does it take to compose such an ignorant post?  Do you start at night, and carefully craft it?  Do you wake up the next day and pull out any part that makes sense or seems reasonable?  Do you have a contact at a mental hospital who you run your final drafts past before you hit submit?

Or are you just that closed-minded that there is no way that anyone else should possibly do something differently than how you approve? 

ETA: In the OP's pictures, I agree that she needs some retention.  But, yours is a blanket statement.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The girl who works the Sketchy Deli a few blocks from my house open carries: M&P 9C AIWB with her shirt tucked in.  I'd imagine the message she is sending gets heard loud and clear.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is that a dirty inky in North Idaho

Police: Tell us what happened
Victim: Well he came up behind me and grabbed my gun. He then pointed at me and forced me into that alley where he raped me.
Police: How did he know you had a gun.
Victim: I was opening carrying
Police: So he used your own gun against you to rape you.
Victim: Well I guess you can say that.
View Quote
Is that speaking from experience carrying in NY? Because I get raped all the time when I OC just north of you in CT.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Hard to see but is the hot inkies holster an ALS? If so it looks good.

IMO if you carry with a holster that doesn't have retention you really need to train on physical retention and really stay aware of your surroundings.

I carry my knife on my left side whether I open carry or concealed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hard to see but is the hot inkies holster an ALS? If so it looks good.

IMO if you carry with a holster that doesn't have retention you really need to train on physical retention and really stay aware of your surroundings.

I carry my knife on my left side whether I open carry or concealed.
View Quote
A weak side fixed blade for retention should be more standard. I wouldn't carry without one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#20]
People of Walmart
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because
A. Most women do not have the same firearms handling and retention skills as a male
B. It  (in many cases) would be easier to muscle a firearm away from a woman than a male.

Yes yes yes I know sexist sexist sexist....
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#22]
ITT we will read many negative comments about how people choose to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights

"I'm all for gun rights as long as they line up with my thoughts and training"
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't open carry ever, but I conceal carry always. When I see people open carry I wonder why they cant conceal their glock 19. Most open carriers seem to not pay attention to their surroundings either, which seems confusing to me. I am not sexist so it doesn't matter which sex, although i have never seen a female open carry in person.
View Quote

9/10 times I look at an open carrier and say to myself "I could snatch that gun from their holster and they wouldn't even notice, or be able to do anything about it".

Obviously I never would do that. But most of the open carriers around here (not all) just look like complete fucking dumbasses so aloof to their surroundings. Uncle Mikes shit flopping all around canted forward 30 degrees, looking like Rick Grimes' holster from TWD.

They are free to carry how they want, I am free to judge them how I want. I am not against open carry, but its pretty easy to tell who is a dumbass and who isn't by looking at them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Non retention holster behind the back = boyfriend told her to carry that way.  She also does it because she thinks it's cute.  She probably rides in her boyfriend's bro dozer with one foot on the dash and the other out the window.

Want to carry that way?  Go for it.  Just don't be surprised when you lose your gun or guys stare at your ass (which is another reason why she does it).

A quality retention holster worn on the hip projects a much better image of self defense.
View Quote

I agree. Instagram is full of women (most but not all) who carry a gun simply because it is another fashion statement/attention grabber. Then they post a picture on Instagram to get likes.

Like you said, she probably has some limp dick boyfriend who tells their GF they should carry because "it would be hot" when in reality, that girl barely knows how to operate the gun in the first place. Women are inherently smart. Women with a dumbass boyfriend do dumb things.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#25]
If you see something, say something.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm a chick.  I carry.  I would NEVER open carry.  It invtes too much attention.  Either a guy will use it to hit on you, or try to disarm you.

Fuck that noise.  

The only time I open carry is when hiking in rural areas or national parks.  And even then, I appendix carry...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#27]
She is attractive, but needs a better holster.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#28]
It's the hotness.

For the record being against open carry while trying to say you are pro-gun is hypocritical and it makes you an idiot. You are either pro-gun or you aren't because you want stipulations on it, if you don't like open carry that is fine just don't do it and shut your fucking mouth. Some people like to exercise their constitutional rights, if they want to do it just hold in your inner Democrat and go play mahjong or something for awhile. I haven't open carried in years because I'm a foster parent now and I have so many kids I have to watch I can't maintain the situational awareness IMO one needs to open carry safely, having said that I am happy to see an open carrier every now and then, I like the sheep to be reminded the regular non LEO good guys have guns to.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm a chick.  I carry.  I would NEVER open carry.  It invtes too much attention. Either a guy will use it to hit on you, or try to disarm you.

Fuck that noise.  

The only time I open carry is when hiking in rural areas or national parks.  And even then, I appendix carry...
View Quote
Are you a lesbian or a feminist? Because you listed the opposite sex being attracted to you as a negative.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I am of the personal opinion that open carry is just painting a target on your back, that being said I support peoples right to do it. To do it responsibly, really takes a retention holster, and most likely some training.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#31]
If I had a nickel for every sexist joke I've made...

I would have made more money than the average woman.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If I had a nickel for every sexist joke I've made...

I would have made more money than the average woman.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/51/a2/5c/51a25cc827ff38cfc5f59ec649079a3b.jpg
View Quote

Well, they only make 3.4 cents per nickel you make... so duh.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Are you a lesbian or a feminist? Because you listed the opposite sex being attracted to you as a negative.
View Quote

Really hoping this is sarcasm.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm a chick.  I carry.  I would NEVER open carry.  It invtes too much attention.  Either a guy will use it to hit on you, or try to disarm you.

Fuck that noise.  

View Quote

The stuff in red? Yeah, that doesn't happen. Or at least, it's never happened to me even once.

Most people don't even notice, and those who do often assume I'm law enforcement (who incidentally open carry ).
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a chick.  I carry.  I would NEVER open carry.  It invtes too much attention. Either a guy will use it to hit on you, or try to disarm you.

Fuck that noise.  

I think she was saying she doesn't want to get hit on by random dudes every time she goes somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am of the personal opinion that open carry is just painting a target on your back, that being said I support peoples right to do it. To do it responsibly, really takes a retention holster, and most likely some training.
View Quote
There is opinions and there are facts. You should do some research on this subject.

Gun owners are fucking terrible with this topic. Two minutes of research and you find maybe 2-3 instances since the beginning of time where being the only open carrier (civilian not LEO) in a room has a caused the person a problem. Meaning while open carrying your chance of being in an altercation that you didn't start is something like 0.00000001%
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#38]
1811guy wrote:

Non retention holster behind the back = boyfriend told her to carry that way. She also does it because she thinks it's cute. She probably rides in her boyfriend's bro dozer with one foot on the dash and the other out the window.

Want to carry that way? Go for it. Just don't be surprised when you lose your gun or guys stare at your ass (which is another reason why she does it).
View Quote

Bingo. I couldn't have said it better myself. Trailer trash is trailer trash.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#39]
My Wife does open carry a lot.......if you want to see pics, search BOTD
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I think think that a woman in heels, gray dress slacks, a white blouse and a 1911 a1 in a brown leather shoulder holster from El Paso Saddlery is a really good idea ....
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Whenever I see someone open carrying, male or female, I think "Good for them".
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think think that a woman in heels, gray dress slacks, a white blouse and a 1911 a1 in a brown leather shoulder holster from El Paso Saddlery is a really good idea ....
View Quote

Pics...I want pics
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
People of Walmart
View Quote

I've posted this one before. Ruger .380 in a nylon holster, unsnapped and clipped to the asscrack of some yoga pants. Checking out at...Wal-Mart.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There is opinions and there are facts. You should do some research on this subject.

Gun owners are fucking terrible with this topic. Two minutes of research and you find maybe 2-3 instances since the beginning of time where being the only open carrier (civilian not LEO) in a room has a caused the person a problem. Meaning while open carrying your chance of being in an altercation that you didn't start is something like 0.00000001%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much this.....OC does not automatically = OMG bad guy is going to get his gun if that was the case then under trained offices all across the US would be getting theirs guns taken by criminals everyday.

Quoted:

This is mere projection. Most people do things because it suits them to do it and not because they care about what other people think.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm a chick. I carry. I would NEVER open carry. It invtes too much attention. Either a guy will use it to hit on you, or try to disarm you.

Fuck that noise.

The only time I open carry is when hiking in rural areas or national parks. And even then, I appendix carry...
View Quote

Finally a reasonable woman.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The stuff in red? Yeah, that doesn't happen. Or at least, it's never happened to me even once.

Most people don't even notice, and those who do often assume I'm law enforcement (who incidentally open carry ).
View Quote

Its happened to me before (the hit on part).  on another occasion, i had a friend of mine tell me he was worried someone would try to disarm me if they knew i was carrying.  until then, i didn't think it was likely.  maybe that may have put that worry in my head, but it's still a possibility.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I've posted this one before. Ruger .380 in a nylon holster, unsnapped and clipped to the asscrack of some yoga pants. Checking out at...Wal-Mart.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109609/open-carry-153013.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People of Walmart

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109609/open-carry-153013.JPG

So she is Open Carrying in just about the worst way possible with what appears to be no situational awareness in with a crappy holster...why didn't a criminal magically get her gun...because on a day to day it just doesn't happen.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm a chick. I carry. I would NEVER open carry. It invtes too much attention. Either a guy will use it to hit on you, or try to disarm you.

Fuck that noise.

The only time I open carry is when hiking in rural areas or national parks. And even then, I appendix carry...

Why do you get to set the bar on what is "Reasonable" and what is not?

**Hint: YOU DON"T!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ha!  

I've actually been accused of the opposite in GD.  but no.  I merely meant that some guys use it as an 'in' or 'ice-breaker'.  

i've been hit on by guys that don't know i'm carrying, but it doesn't offend me.  I just don't care for the ADDED attn.  

plus i'm getting married soon.  not looking for anyone new.  
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top